IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: Fwd: Fw: Inspiring Story: A Guy who got into Google job

Rate this topic

Guest guest

what a great story of Sri Subrmanian. Wish him all the best . May Guruvayurappna continue to bless him.

today, I watched the music program, Shrutilayam in Amrutha TV. wE heard carnatic music sung by Kalaimamni,Krishnamoorty . This gentleman has no legs from the hip or arms by birth!. but in his family everybody learnt carnatic music and he started learning by the age of three.He has a melodious voice. It was truly touching to hear his songs. May Guruvayurppan continue to bless all.

with prayers,

Sreedevi

Om namo narayanaya

--- On Mon, 10/12/09, vaidyanathan nageswaran <vaidyanathan.nageswaran wrote:

vaidyanathan nageswaran <vaidyanathan.nageswaranFwd: Fwd: [Guruvayur] Fw: Inspiring Story: A Guy who got into Google jobguruvayur Cc: "KR Subramanian" <krsbnMonday, October 12, 2009, 2:11 PM

dear moderator,below is the experience of one of our reltives - mr subramaniyam/ umay like to bring to the info. of other members of the group.regdsvaidyanthan---------- Forwarded message ----------KR Subramanian <krsbn (AT) (DOT) co.in>Mon, 12 Oct 2009 08:49:01 -0700 (PDT)Re: Fwd: [Guruvayur] Fw: Inspiring Story: A Guy who got into Google jobvaidyanathan nageswaran <vaidyanathan. nageswaran@ gmail.com>DeAR SIR I got your mail for warded to me by my cousin vaithyanatha. Iam not only reminded of god who helps victims like us in a pre plannedway which we

cannot even guess On th outset I congratulate Naresh forhis acheivements for his wonderful persistance and untiring effortswith blessings of LORD I beg to add that I was also a victim for amotor accident caused when I was returning from school as a boy ofeightear old and both legs were crushed by the motor whells as thebrakes were applied haviing my both legs under the tyre whichtravelled for 3 feet in the olden days charal road { a sort ofreddish small pebble stones and clay mix Both legs crushed and the rtleg was worst as the crushing has cut all nerves and blood vessels.NowI am 80 year old yet my legs are looking as 10 year old.God helped meby getting tossed up in the air to strike a side by iron electric poston my skull which gave way with a crack and made me unconsious forninety days. making me not to feel the pain. Parents were spendingtheir hard money as they were not affluent anxiously inspite

of thefact that I may or may not be getting back to my sense as told bydoctors at Neyoor hospital in 1941. Then there was no medicinaladvancements even pennicilin came after after 5 years.That was my bad luck though there was no fracture the bandages wereput with out the rt angled wooden support which caused my rt leg toturn as there was no flesh making me notfit to use the leg forwalking. There was no arthotic knowledge . After six months the drcame to see me and found I walked with clubfoot and with greatdifficuly and advised my parents he may walk now but in old age hewill suffer as the fingers canot bar his weight But my PARENTS WEREAFRAID AND REFUSED FOR THE CORRECTIVE SURGERY.MY FATHER WOULD SEAT MEIN THE BACK CARRIER OF A BYCYCLE AND TIE ME WITH A BELT AND LEAVE MEIN THE SCHOOL I studied upto inter mediate and passed with fullcredits But my mother passed away at that time and my father

spendinga lot of money for cremationactivities and spiritual ceremonies in ourcast.The person responsible for the accident did not care to ask foreven my well being apart from giving a paltry 2000 rs in fullsettlement for theaccident.He owned very big companies Royal cycle motor company enfildmotor cycle manufaturers. Yea there are people like this too'God made me not to depend on any body I studied a postal course inradio and electronic instruments after my intermediate. I statred myown shop to repair and assembled radiosets from 1950 just when iturned 19. and contineud my small scale busy--ness and startedsupporting my family In 1956 I got married to a girl who agreed tomarry me ignoring my conspigous deformity. We happily lived and sheworked as a teacher .with this imoved to tirunelvelley junctionwhere the great INDIACEMENTS LTD company director SriK S NARANAN of our village gave me a job as

refrigeration andinstrument mechanic ignoring my disabilty. which gave an oppertunityto use the tallence given by the God and I designed an instrumentfor tracing faults on cables burried under the earth without diggingthe earth which save a lot of down time of the plants when a cablefault occured.for this I got a NATIONAL SHRAMVIR AWARDSlowly I grew and brought up my children one boy and 3 girls . Thegifted boy finished B E AND ME in compter science and went abroadand settled in U S A and the last daughter finished M Sc incomputerscience she also got married to an engineer iand setteled inU S A and the rest of the 2 older daughters finishedgraduation.The children in U S A by the grace of god cares for all ofus and takes the utmost care of the parents we live comfortably bythe grace of god who gave the good children all of them cares for usCERTAINLY THE OMNIPRESENT GOD IS THERE WHO HELPED NARESH AND

SUBRAMANIANP S iF THE LETTER REACHES NARESH I WILL BE HAPPY AS THERE IS ONEMORE SOUL WHO JOINS WITH HIM INTHE BLESSINGS OF THE LORDSincerely,K.R. Subramanian--- On Sat, 10/10/09, vaidyanathan nageswaran<vaidyanathan. nageswaran@ gmail.com> wrote:vaidyanathan nageswaran <vaidyanathan. nageswaran@ gmail.com>Fwd: [Guruvayur] Fw: Inspiring Story: A Guy who got into Google job"hari_mhk" <hari_mhk >, "Jayalakshmi Krishnan"<jaykris66 (AT) gmail (DOT) com>, "kg pagmanabhan" <kgpadmanabhan@ gmail.com>,"Krishnan Vaidyanathan" <Krishnan.Vaidyanath an (AT) symphonysv (DOT) com>, "KRSubramanian" <krsbn (AT) (DOT) co.in>, "K G Padmanabhan"<kgpadmanabhan@ >, "gsriniva" <gsriniva (AT) allstate (DOT) com>,"Venkatachalam Narayanan" <venkacham23@ gmail.com>, "VenkiteswaranP.V." <pvvlak (AT) gmail (DOT) com>, "Bargavi Sivaraman"<bargavisivaraman@ gmail.com>Saturday, 10 October, 2009, 9:21 PM---------- Forwarded message ----------NVP Menon <nvpmenon >Sat, 10 Oct 2009 08:04:57 -0700 (PDT)[Guruvayur] Fw: Inspiring Story: A Guy who got into Google jobguruvayur <guruvayur@grou ps.com>Dear friends,This is an inspiring story, of a young man who became successful withGod's Grace .sreedeviOm Namo Narayanaya--- :Unbelievable, a great achievement.Naga Naresh Karutura has just passed out of

IIT Madras in ComputerScience and has joined Google in Bangalore.You may ask, what's so special about this 21-year-old when there arehundreds of students passing out from various IITs and joining bigcompanies like Google?Naresh is special. His parents are illiterate. He has no legs andmoves around in his powered wheel chair. (In fact, when I could notlocate his lab, he told me over the mobile phone, 'I will come andpick you up'. And in no time, he was there to guide me)Ever smiling, optimistic and full of spirit; that is Naresh. He says,"God has always been planning things for me. That is why I feel I amlucky."Read why Naresh feels he is lucky.Childhood in a villageI spent the first seven years of my life in Teeparru, a small villagein Andhra Pradesh, on the banks of the river Godavari. My fatherPrasad was a lorry driver and my mother Kumari, a house wife. Thoughthey were

illiterate, my parents instilled in me and my elder sister(Sirisha) the importance of studying.Looking back, one thing that surprises me now is the way my fathertaught me when I was in the 1st and 2nd standards. My father would askme questions from the text book, and I would answer them. At thattime, I didn't know he could not read or write but to make me happy,he helped me in my studies!Another memory that doesn't go away is the floods in the village andhow I was carried on top of a buffalo by my uncle. I also rememberplucking fruits from a tree that was full of thorns.I used to be very naughty, running around and playing all the timewith my friends.. I used to get a lot of scolding for disturbing theelders who slept in the afternoon. The moment they started scolding, Iwould run away to the fields!I also remember finishing my school work fast in class and sleeping onthe teacher's

lap!January 11, 1993, the fateful dayOn the January 11, 1993 when we had the sankranti holidays, my mothertook my sister and me to a nearby village for a family function. Fromthere we were to go with our grandmother to our native place. But mygrandmother did not come there. As there were no buses that day, mymother took a lift in my father's friend's lorry. As there were manypeople in the lorry, he made me sit next to him, close to the door.It was my fault; I fiddled with the door latch and it opened widethrowing me out. As I fell, my legs got cut by the iron rodsprotruding from the lorry. Nothing happened to me except scratches onmy legs.The accident had happened just in front of a big private hospital butthey refused to treat me saying it was an accident case. Then a policeconstable who was passing by took us to a government hospital.First I underwent an operation as my small intestine got

twisted. Thedoctors also bandaged my legs. I was there for a week. When thedoctors found that gangrene had developed and it had reached up to myknees, they asked my father to take me to a district hospital. There,the doctors scolded my parents a lot for neglecting the wounds andallowing the gangrene to develop. But what could my ignorant parentsdo?In no time, both my legs were amputated up to the hips.I remember waking up and asking my mother, where are my legs? I alsoremember that my mother cried when I asked the question. I was in thehospital for three months.Life without legsI don't think my life changed dramatically after I lost both my legs.Because all at home were doting on me, I was enjoying all theattention rather than pitying myself. I was happy that I got a lot offruits and biscuits.'I never wallowed in self-pity'July 28, 2008The day I reached my village, my house

was flooded with curiouspeople; all of them wanted to know how a boy without legs looked. ButI was not bothered; I was happy to see so many of them coming to seeme, especially my friends!All my friends saw to it that I was part of all the games they played;they carried me everywhere.God's handI believe in God. I believe in destiny. I feel he plans everything foryou. If not for the accident, we would not have moved from the villageto Tanuku, a town. There I joined a missionary school, and my fatherbuilt a house next to the school. Till the tenth standard, I studiedin that school.If I had continued in Teeparu, I may not have studied after the 10th.I may have started working as a farmer or someone like that after mystudies. I am sure God had other plans for me.My sister, my friendWhen the school was about to reopen, my parents moved from Teeparu toTanuku, a town, and admitted both of us in

a Missionary school. Theydecided to put my sister also in the same class though she is twoyears older. They thought she could take care of me if both of us werein the same class. My sister never complained.She would be there for everything. Many of my friends used to tell me,you are so lucky to have such a loving sister. There are many who donot care for their siblings.She carried me in the school for a few years and after a while, myfriends took over the task. When I got the tricycle, my sister used topush me around in the school.My life, I would say, was normal, as everyone treated me like a normalkid. I never wallowed in self-pity. I was a happy boy and competedwith others to be on top and the others also looked at me as acompetitor.InspirationI was inspired by two people when in school; my Maths teacher PramodLal who encouraged me to participate in various local talent tests,and a

brilliant boy called Chowdhary, who was my senior.When I came to know that he had joined Gowtham Junior College toprepare for IIT-JEE, it became my dream too. I was school first in10th scoring 542/600.Because I topped in the state exams, Gowtham Junior College waived thefee for me. Pramod Sir's recommendation also helped. The fee wasaround Rs 50,000 per year, which my parents could never afford.Moving to a residential schoolLiving in a residential school was a big change for me because tillthen my life centred around home and school and I had my parents andsister to take care of all my needs. It was the first time that I wasinteracting with society. It took one year for me to adjust to the newlife.There, my inspiration was a boy called K K S Bhaskar who was in thetop 10 in IIT-JEE exams. He used to come to our school to encourageus. Though my parents didn't know anything about Gowtham Junior

Schoolor IIT, they always saw to it that I was encouraged in whatever Iwanted to do.. If the results were good, they would praise me to theskies and if bad, they would try to see something good in that. Theydid not want me to feel bad.They are such wonderful supportive parents.Life at IIT- MadrasThough my overall rank in the IIT-JEE was not that great (992), I was4th in the physically handicapped category. So, I joined IIT, Madrasto study Computer Science.Here, my role model was Karthik who was also my senior in school. Ilooked up to him during my years at IIT- Madras.He had asked for attached bathrooms for those with special needsbefore I came here itself. So, when I came here, the room had attachedbath. He used to help me and guide me a lot when I was here.I evolved as a person in these four years, both academically andpersonally. It has been a great experience studying here.. The

peopleI was interacting with were so brilliant that I felt privileged to sitalong with them in the class. Just by speaking to my lab mates, Igained a lot..'There are more good people in society than bad ones'July 28, 2008Words are inadequate to express my gratitude to Prof Pandurangan andall my lab mates; all were simply great. I was sent to Boston alongwith four others for our internship by Prof Pandurangan. It was agreat experience.Joining Google R & DI did not want to pursue PhD as I wanted my parents to take rest now.Morgan Stanley selected me first but I preferred Google because Iwanted to work in pure computer science, algorithms and game theory.I am luckyDo you know why I say I am lucky?I get help from total strangers without me asking for it. Once aftermy second year at IIT, I with some of my friends was travelling in atrain for a conference. We met a kind gentleman

called Sundar in thetrain, and he has been taking care of my hostel fees from then on.I have to mention about Jaipur foot. I had Jaipur foot when I was in3rd standard. After two years, I stopped using them. As I had almostno stems on my legs, it was very tough to tie them to the body. Ifound walking with Jaipur foot very, very slow. Sitting also was aproblem. I found my tricycle faster because I am one guy who wants todo things faster.One great thing about the hospital is, they don't think their roleends by just fixing the Jaipur foot; they arrange for livelihood forall. They asked me what help I needed from them. I told them at thattime, if I got into an IIT, I needed financial help from them. So,from the day I joined IIT, Madras, my fees were taken care of by them.So, my education at the IIT was never a burden on my parents and theycould take care of my sister's Nursing studies.Surprise

awaited me at IITAfter my first year, when I went home, two things happened here at theInstitute without my knowledge.I got a letter from my department that they had arranged a lift andramps at the department for me. It also said that if I came a bitearly and checked whether it met with my requirements, it would begood.Second surprise was, the Dean, Prof Idichandy and the Students GeneralSecretary, Prasad had located a place that sold powered wheel chairs.The cost was Rs 55,000. What they did was, they did not buy the wheelchair; they gave me the money so that the wheel chair belonged to meand not the institute.My life changed after that. I felt free and independent.That's why I say I am lucky. God has planned things for me and takescare of me at every step.The world is full of good peopleI also feel if you are motivated and show some initiative, peoplearound you will always help you. I

also feel there are more goodpeople in society than bad ones. I want all those who read this tofeel that if Naresh can achieve something in life, you can too.Get easy photo sharing with Windows LiveT Photos. Drag n' dropE-mail message checked by Spyware Doctor (6.1.0.447)Database version: 6.13400http://www.pctools. com/spyware- doctor-antivirus /E-mail message checked by Spyware Doctor (6.1.0.447)Database version: 6.13420http://www.pctools. com/spyware- doctor-antivirus /From cricket scores to your friends. Try the IndiaHomepage! http://in.. com/trynew

Please pass on my best wishes too to Sri. Subramanian. May Guruvayoorappan continue to shower His blessings on him.

Jai Sree Krishna

NVP Menon <nvpmenonguruvayur Sent: Tue, October 13, 2009 5:24:37 PMRe: Fwd: Fwd: [Guruvayur] Fw: Inspiring Story: A Guy who got into Google job

what a great story of Sri Subrmanian. Wish him all the best . May Guruvayurappna continue to bless him.

today, I watched the music program, Shrutilayam in Amrutha TV. wE heard carnatic music sung by Kalaimamni,Krishnam oorty . This gentleman has no legs from the hip or arms by birth!. but in his family everybody learnt carnatic music and he started learning by the age of three.He has a melodious voice. It was truly touching to hear his songs. May Guruvayurppan continue to bless all.

with prayers,

Sreedevi

Om namo narayanaya

--- On Mon, 10/12/09, vaidyanathan nageswaran <vaidyanathan. nageswaran@ gmail.com> wrote:

vaidyanathan nageswaran <vaidyanathan. nageswaran@ gmail.com>Fwd: Fwd: [Guruvayur] Fw: Inspiring Story: A Guy who got into Google jobguruvayur@grou ps.comCc: "KR Subramanian" <krsbn (AT) (DOT) co.in>Monday, October 12, 2009, 2:11 PM

dear moderator,below is the experience of one of our reltives - mr subramaniyam/ umay like to bring to the info. of other members of the group.regdsvaidyanthan---------- Forwarded message ----------KR Subramanian <krsbn (AT) (DOT) co.in>Mon, 12 Oct 2009 08:49:01 -0700 (PDT)Re: Fwd: [Guruvayur] Fw: Inspiring Story: A Guy who got into Google jobvaidyanathan nageswaran <vaidyanathan. nageswaran@ gmail.com>DeAR SIR I got your mail for warded to me by my cousin vaithyanatha. Iam not only reminded of god who helps victims like us in a pre plannedway which we cannot even guess On th outset I congratulate Naresh forhis acheivements for his

wonderful persistance and untiring effortswith blessings of LORD I beg to add that I was also a victim for amotor accident caused when I was returning from school as a boy ofeightear old and both legs were crushed by the motor whells as thebrakes were applied haviing my both legs under the tyre whichtravelled for 3 feet in the olden days charal road { a sort ofreddish small pebble stones and clay mix Both legs crushed and the rtleg was worst as the crushing has cut all nerves and blood vessels.NowI am 80 year old yet my legs are looking as 10 year old.God helped meby getting tossed up in the air to strike a side by iron electric poston my skull which gave way with a crack and made me unconsious forninety days. making me not to feel the pain. Parents were spendingtheir hard money as they were not affluent anxiously inspite of thefact that I may or may not be getting back to my sense as told

bydoctors at Neyoor hospital in 1941. Then there was no medicinaladvancements even pennicilin came after after 5 years.That was my bad luck though there was no fracture the bandages wereput with out the rt angled wooden support which caused my rt leg toturn as there was no flesh making me notfit to use the leg forwalking. There was no arthotic knowledge . After six months the drcame to see me and found I walked with clubfoot and with greatdifficuly and advised my parents he may walk now but in old age hewill suffer as the fingers canot bar his weight But my PARENTS WEREAFRAID AND REFUSED FOR THE CORRECTIVE SURGERY.MY FATHER WOULD SEAT MEIN THE BACK CARRIER OF A BYCYCLE AND TIE ME WITH A BELT AND LEAVE MEIN THE SCHOOL I studied upto inter mediate and passed with fullcredits But my mother passed away at that time and my father spendinga lot of money for cremationactivities and spiritual ceremonies in

ourcast.The person responsible for the accident did not care to ask foreven my well being apart from giving a paltry 2000 rs in fullsettlement for theaccident.He owned very big companies Royal cycle motor company enfildmotor cycle manufaturers. Yea there are people like this too'God made me not to depend on any body I studied a postal course inradio and electronic instruments after my intermediate. I statred myown shop to repair and assembled radiosets from 1950 just when iturned 19. and contineud my small scale busy--ness and startedsupporting my family In 1956 I got married to a girl who agreed tomarry me ignoring my conspigous deformity. We happily lived and sheworked as a teacher .with this imoved to tirunelvelley junctionwhere the great INDIACEMENTS LTD company director SriK S NARANAN of our village gave me a job as refrigeration andinstrument mechanic ignoring my disabilty. which gave an

oppertunityto use the tallence given by the God and I designed an instrumentfor tracing faults on cables burried under the earth without diggingthe earth which save a lot of down time of the plants when a cablefault occured.for this I got a NATIONAL SHRAMVIR AWARDSlowly I grew and brought up my children one boy and 3 girls . Thegifted boy finished B E AND ME in compter science and went abroadand settled in U S A and the last daughter finished M Sc incomputerscience she also got married to an engineer iand setteled inU S A and the rest of the 2 older daughters finishedgraduation.The children in U S A by the grace of god cares for all ofus and takes the utmost care of the parents we live comfortably bythe grace of god who gave the good children all of them cares for usCERTAINLY THE OMNIPRESENT GOD IS THERE WHO HELPED NARESH AND SUBRAMANIANP S iF THE LETTER REACHES NARESH I WILL BE HAPPY AS THERE IS

ONEMORE SOUL WHO JOINS WITH HIM INTHE BLESSINGS OF THE LORDSincerely,K.R. Subramanian--- On Sat, 10/10/09, vaidyanathan nageswaran<vaidyanathan. nageswaran@ gmail.com> wrote:vaidyanathan nageswaran <vaidyanathan. nageswaran@ gmail.com>Fwd: [Guruvayur] Fw: Inspiring Story: A Guy who got into Google job"hari_mhk" <hari_mhk (AT) (DOT) co m>, "Jayalakshmi Krishnan"<jaykris66 (AT) gmail (DOT) com>, "kg pagmanabhan" <kgpadmanabhan@ gmail.com>,"Krishnan Vaidyanathan" <Krishnan.Vaidyanath an (AT) symphonysv (DOT) com>, "KRSubramanian" <krsbn (AT) (DOT) co.in>, "K G Padmanabhan"<kgpadmanabhan@ >, "gsriniva" <gsriniva (AT) allstate (DOT) com>,"Venkatachalam Narayanan" <venkacham23@

gmail.com>, "VenkiteswaranP.V." <pvvlak (AT) gmail (DOT) com>, "Bargavi Sivaraman"<bargavisivaraman@ gmail.com>Saturday, 10 October, 2009, 9:21 PM---------- Forwarded message ----------NVP Menon <nvpmenon >Sat, 10 Oct 2009 08:04:57 -0700 (PDT)[Guruvayur] Fw: Inspiring Story: A Guy who got into Google jobguruvayur <guruvayur@grou ps.com>Dear friends,This is an inspiring story, of a young man

who became successful withGod's Grace .sreedeviOm Namo Narayanaya--- :Unbelievable, a great achievement.Naga Naresh Karutura has just passed out of IIT Madras in ComputerScience and has joined Google in Bangalore.You may ask, what's so special about this 21-year-old when there arehundreds of students passing out from various IITs and joining bigcompanies like Google?Naresh is special. His parents are illiterate. He has no legs andmoves around in his powered wheel chair. (In fact, when I could notlocate his lab, he told me over the mobile phone, 'I will come andpick you up'. And in no time, he was there to guide me)Ever smiling, optimistic and full of spirit; that is Naresh. He says,"God has always been planning things for me. That is why I feel I amlucky."Read why Naresh feels he is lucky.Childhood in a villageI spent the first seven years of my life in

Teeparru, a small villagein Andhra Pradesh, on the banks of the river Godavari. My fatherPrasad was a lorry driver and my mother Kumari, a house wife. Thoughthey were illiterate, my parents instilled in me and my elder sister(Sirisha) the importance of studying.Looking back, one thing that surprises me now is the way my fathertaught me when I was in the 1st and 2nd standards. My father would askme questions from the text book, and I would answer them. At thattime, I didn't know he could not read or write but to make me happy,he helped me in my studies!Another memory that doesn't go away is the floods in the village andhow I was carried on top of a buffalo by my uncle. I also rememberplucking fruits from a tree that was full of thorns.I used to be very naughty, running around and playing all the timewith my friends.. I used to get a lot of scolding for disturbing theelders who slept in the

afternoon. The moment they started scolding, Iwould run away to the fields!I also remember finishing my school work fast in class and sleeping onthe teacher's lap!January 11, 1993, the fateful dayOn the January 11, 1993 when we had the sankranti holidays, my mothertook my sister and me to a nearby village for a family function. Fromthere we were to go with our grandmother to our native place. But mygrandmother did not come there. As there were no buses that day, mymother took a lift in my father's friend's lorry. As there were manypeople in the lorry, he made me sit next to him, close to the door.It was my fault; I fiddled with the door latch and it opened widethrowing me out. As I fell, my legs got cut by the iron rodsprotruding from the lorry. Nothing happened to me except scratches onmy legs.The accident had happened just in front of a big private hospital butthey refused to treat me

saying it was an accident case. Then a policeconstable who was passing by took us to a government hospital.First I underwent an operation as my small intestine got twisted. Thedoctors also bandaged my legs. I was there for a week. When thedoctors found that gangrene had developed and it had reached up to myknees, they asked my father to take me to a district hospital. There,the doctors scolded my parents a lot for neglecting the wounds andallowing the gangrene to develop. But what could my ignorant parentsdo?In no time, both my legs were amputated up to the hips.I remember waking up and asking my mother, where are my legs? I alsoremember that my mother cried when I asked the question. I was in thehospital for three months.Life without legsI don't think my life changed dramatically after I lost both my legs.Because all at home were doting on me, I was enjoying all theattention rather than

pitying myself. I was happy that I got a lot offruits and biscuits.'I never wallowed in self-pity'July 28, 2008The day I reached my village, my house was flooded with curiouspeople; all of them wanted to know how a boy without legs looked. ButI was not bothered; I was happy to see so many of them coming to seeme, especially my friends!All my friends saw to it that I was part of all the games they played;they carried me everywhere.God's handI believe in God. I believe in destiny. I feel he plans everything foryou. If not for the accident, we would not have moved from the villageto Tanuku, a town. There I joined a missionary school, and my fatherbuilt a house next to the school. Till the tenth standard, I studiedin that school.If I had continued in Teeparu, I may not have studied after the 10th.I may have started working as a farmer or someone like that after mystudies. I am

sure God had other plans for me.My sister, my friendWhen the school was about to reopen, my parents moved from Teeparu toTanuku, a town, and admitted both of us in a Missionary school. Theydecided to put my sister also in the same class though she is twoyears older. They thought she could take care of me if both of us werein the same class. My sister never complained.She would be there for everything. Many of my friends used to tell me,you are so lucky to have such a loving sister. There are many who donot care for their siblings.She carried me in the school for a few years and after a while, myfriends took over the task. When I got the tricycle, my sister used topush me around in the school.My life, I would say, was normal, as everyone treated me like a normalkid. I never wallowed in self-pity. I was a happy boy and competedwith others to be on top and the others also looked at me as

acompetitor.InspirationI was inspired by two people when in school; my Maths teacher PramodLal who encouraged me to participate in various local talent tests,and a brilliant boy called Chowdhary, who was my senior.When I came to know that he had joined Gowtham Junior College toprepare for IIT-JEE, it became my dream too. I was school first in10th scoring 542/600.Because I topped in the state exams, Gowtham Junior College waived thefee for me. Pramod Sir's recommendation also helped. The fee wasaround Rs 50,000 per year, which my parents could never afford.Moving to a residential schoolLiving in a residential school was a big change for me because tillthen my life centred around home and school and I had my parents andsister to take care of all my needs. It was the first time that I wasinteracting with society. It took one year for me to adjust to the newlife.There, my inspiration

was a boy called K K S Bhaskar who was in thetop 10 in IIT-JEE exams. He used to come to our school to encourageus. Though my parents didn't know anything about Gowtham Junior Schoolor IIT, they always saw to it that I was encouraged in whatever Iwanted to do.. If the results were good, they would praise me to theskies and if bad, they would try to see something good in that. Theydid not want me to feel bad.They are such wonderful supportive parents.Life at IIT- MadrasThough my overall rank in the IIT-JEE was not that great (992), I was4th in the physically handicapped category. So, I joined IIT, Madrasto study Computer Science.Here, my role model was Karthik who was also my senior in school. Ilooked up to him during my years at IIT- Madras.He had asked for attached bathrooms for those with special needsbefore I came here itself. So, when I came here, the room had attachedbath. He used to

help me and guide me a lot when I was here.I evolved as a person in these four years, both academically andpersonally. It has been a great experience studying here.. The peopleI was interacting with were so brilliant that I felt privileged to sitalong with them in the class. Just by speaking to my lab mates, Igained a lot..'There are more good people in society than bad ones'July 28, 2008Words are inadequate to express my gratitude to Prof Pandurangan andall my lab mates; all were simply great. I was sent to Boston alongwith four others for our internship by Prof Pandurangan. It was agreat experience.Joining Google R & DI did not want to pursue PhD as I wanted my parents to take rest now.Morgan Stanley selected me first but I preferred Google because Iwanted to work in pure computer science, algorithms and game theory.I am luckyDo you know why I say I am lucky?I get help from

total strangers without me asking for it. Once aftermy second year at IIT, I with some of my friends was travelling in atrain for a conference. We met a kind gentleman called Sundar in thetrain, and he has been taking care of my hostel fees from then on.I have to mention about Jaipur foot. I had Jaipur foot when I was in3rd standard. After two years, I stopped using them. As I had almostno stems on my legs, it was very tough to tie them to the body. Ifound walking with Jaipur foot very, very slow. Sitting also was aproblem. I found my tricycle faster because I am one guy who wants todo things faster.One great thing about the hospital is, they don't think their roleends by just fixing the Jaipur foot; they arrange for livelihood forall. They asked me what help I needed from them. I told them at thattime, if I got into an IIT, I needed financial help from them. So,from the day I joined IIT, Madras,

my fees were taken care of by them.So, my education at the IIT was never a burden on my parents and theycould take care of my sister's Nursing studies.Surprise awaited me at IITAfter my first year, when I went home, two things happened here at theInstitute without my knowledge.I got a letter from my department that they had arranged a lift andramps at the department for me. It also said that if I came a bitearly and checked whether it met with my requirements, it would begood.Second surprise was, the Dean, Prof Idichandy and the Students GeneralSecretary, Prasad had located a place that sold powered wheel chairs.The cost was Rs 55,000. What they did was, they did not buy the wheelchair; they gave me the money so that the wheel chair belonged to meand not the institute.My life changed after that. I felt free and independent.That's why I say I am lucky. God has planned things for me and

takescare of me at every step.The world is full of good peopleI also feel if you are motivated and show some initiative, peoplearound you will always help you. I also feel there are more goodpeople in society than bad ones. I want all those who read this tofeel that if Naresh can achieve something in life, you can too.Get easy photo sharing with Windows LiveT Photos. Drag n' dropE-mail message checked by Spyware Doctor (6.1.0.447)Database version: 6.13400http://www.pctools. com/spyware- doctor-antivirus /E-mail message checked by Spyware Doctor (6.1.0.447)Database version: 6.13420http://www.pctools. com/spyware- doctor-antivirus /From cricket scores to your friends. Try the IndiaHomepage! http://in.. com/trynew