IndiaDivine.org

Namasthe- Joy of giving.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear all,

A wandering sage reached a remote village and decided to spend that night under a huge banyan tree that was serving the community by giving shade and cool breeze to several animals, birds and humans who came there to rest. Thinking of Bhagavaan's greatness and praying for the welfare of all, sage closed his eyes to get a peaceful night's sleep.

Soon after he slept a nearby farmer came and woke him up. He said: " Guro, sorry to wake you up. I had a dream in which God told me that I would find a sage under this banyan tree and he would be able to give me a precious stone which would bring ever lasting relief for my poverty and desires. I used to pray God everyday to bless me and I believe God answered my prayer. Guro, did God mean you to give me the stone? If so please give me now so that nobody will see or know about it. "

Sage took out a huge diamond which was shining like a rising sun, from his cloth bag and gave it to him with out uttering one word. This farmer could not believe what he saw. He thanked the sage, ran home and kept it in an altar near God and tried to go to sleep. He could not sleep the whole night. In fact, he could not take his eyes off from the diamond thinking of it's value and how he would use the money he would get when he sold it. He postponed selling that because he did not want to part with it. The next night also Nidra Devi or goddess of sleep completely ignored him. He was exhausted and he spent one more sleepless night. On the fourth sleepless night he went to the sage again.

Sage was peacefully sleeping under the banyan tree and the farmer again woke him up and told him: " Guro, I want to return the diamond you gave me. Please bless me with the wealth of character that made it possible for you to give away this diamond with out a moment of hesitation and still sleep peacefully. '

Sage blessed him and said: " May God bless you to feel contented in what you earn and possess righteously. May God bless you with an attitude to share the God-given wealth of money, knowledge and all the positive abilities with fellow people. May God bless you to realize the joy of giving! Look at this Banyan tree giving shade to all , that mango tree sharing it's fruits with all, the moon sharing it's light. Vyasa Bhgavaan, Suka Maharshi, Vasishta muni, Valmiki and many many more mahaathmaas shared their knowledge with us. "

Farmer said: " Guro,  I do not own anything to share with others. What should I do?

Sage asked: Do you love anybody?

Farmer replied that he had no kith and kin and he deeply loved his only companion, God.

Sage was delighted and told him: " Share your love for God with the whole world! That is the ultimate thing to share in this human life. No wonder God took away all material things from you. God knows that you are rich with your love for Him.This richness of your heart made you return this diamond! May God bless you to share and spread the love for God! "

He rushed home, slept well and woke up energized to spread the great wealth of His unconditional, unending love for God.

Regards and prayers

Savitri

Hari Om!

Respected Savithriji

A wonderful story.....  Wish all in this yugam of Kalikalam realise this!

Hare Krishna !

2009/10/14 Savitri Puram <savitriopuram

Dear all,

A wandering sage reached a remote village and decided to spend that night under a huge banyan tree that was serving the community by giving shade and cool breeze to several animals, birds and humans who came there to rest. Thinking of Bhagavaan's greatness and praying for the welfare of all, sage closed his eyes to get a peaceful night's sleep.

Soon after he slept a nearby farmer came and woke him up. He said: " Guro, sorry to wake you up. I had a dream in which God told me that I would find a sage under this banyan tree and he would be able to give me a precious stone which would bring ever lasting relief for my poverty and desires. I used to pray God everyday to bless me and I believe God answered my prayer. Guro, did God mean you to give me the stone? If so please give me now so that nobody will see or know about it. "

Sage took out a huge diamond which was shining like a rising sun, from his cloth bag and gave it to him with out uttering one word. This farmer could not believe what he saw. He thanked the sage, ran home and kept it in an altar near God and tried to go to sleep. He could not sleep the whole night. In fact, he could not take his eyes off from the diamond thinking of it's value and how he would use the money he would get when he sold it. He postponed selling that because he did not want to part with it. The next night also Nidra Devi or goddess of sleep completely ignored him. He was exhausted and he spent one more sleepless night. On the fourth sleepless night he went to the sage again.

Sage was peacefully sleeping under the banyan tree and the farmer again woke him up and told him: " Guro, I want to return the diamond you gave me. Please bless me with the wealth of character that made it possible for you to give away this diamond with out a moment of hesitation and still sleep peacefully. '

Sage blessed him and said: " May God bless you to feel contented in what you earn and possess righteously. May God bless you with an attitude to share the God-given wealth of money, knowledge and all the positive abilities with fellow people. May God bless you to realize the joy of giving! Look at this Banyan tree giving shade to all , that mango tree sharing it's fruits with all, the moon sharing it's light. Vyasa Bhgavaan, Suka Maharshi, Vasishta muni, Valmiki and many many more mahaathmaas shared their knowledge with us. "

Farmer said: " Guro,  I do not own anything to share with others. What should I do?

Farmer replied that he had no kith and kin and he deeply loved his only companion, God.

Sage was delighted and told him: " Share your love for God with the whole world! That is the ultimate thing to share in this human life. No wonder God took away all material things from you. God knows that you are rich with your love for Him.This richness of your heart made you return this diamond! May God bless you to share and spread the love for God! "

He rushed home, slept well and woke up energized to spread the great wealth of His unconditional, unending love for God.

Regards and prayers

Savitri

-- Best regardsJayasree MenonBangalore+9900149461my blog link: http://www.pythrukam.blogspot.com/--

A well-thought out plan, execution excellence, market timing, personal leadership are drivers of the growth   trajectory.

Dear Jayashreeji,

Thank you very much for the words of appreciation. How are you feeling? Hope you are feeling better.

Regards an dprayers

Savitri

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 8:15 AM, Jayasree Menon <euroanuster wrote:

Hari Om!

Respected Savithriji

A wonderful story.....  Wish all in this yugam of Kalikalam realise this!

Hare Krishna !

2009/10/14 Savitri Puram <savitriopuram

Dear all,

Regards and prayers

Savitri

-- Best regardsJayasree MenonBangalore+9900149461my blog link: http://www.pythrukam.blogspot.com/--

A well-thought out plan, execution excellence, market timing, personal leadership are drivers of the growth   trajectory.