IndiaDivine.org

Savitriji's Njanappaana translation-3

Rate this topic

Guest guest

If we have a lighted lamp, we can use it to read and enjoy a book or use it to burn and destroy the book. We have the choice to draw the life circle with Bhagavaan and His naamam as the center and kindness and love as radius of the circle...Poonthaanam advises us to use the lighted lamp inside us, lit by the Light of Lights, to walk through the path of Bhakthi and Naamasankeerthanam.

njanappaana-3

translation and commentary by Smt. Savitri Puram

This is such a beautiful quote from our beloved Savitriji on this Diwali!!!

-

Dear Savitriji:

As I went through this to format it, I was pleased to find the verse below. The words "Gathir Govindakeerthanam" caught my eye and I went to the top of the verse to see that I recognized it from Swamiji's version of the bhajan Narayana Narayana Jai Jai Govinda Hare. There is a solo section in the middle of it which is sung by a female singer, which is this verse. Now I know what it means :-) Amazing how it was chosen out of the entire Njanappaana.

Kalau kalmasha chitthaanaamPaapadravyopajeevanamvidhikriyaavihinaanaamGathir Govindakeerthanam

In Kaluyuga, mind of ordinary human beings are tainted by Kaamam, krodham, madam, moham etc (kalamsha chittham) and often end up doing adharmam (paapam) to make money (dravyam) for living (for upajeevanam). Ordinary people do not have the time or inclination to do good karmaas as prescribed in vedaas (vidhikriyaheenam). The only thing that can give relief from the sufferings of Kaliyuga is Govinda naama sankeerthanam. Bhagavaan and Bhagavaan’s naama are never separated. Naamam is called Kalpa vruksham of the earth.

Gratefully In HIs Service,

Radhe