IndiaDivine.org

Speciality of a Vaishnava !

Rate this topic

Guest guest

What is the difference between a Hindu and Vaishnava ?

A Hindu is one who is born to Hindu parents and follows the Vedas . (Unfortunately,

in this age of confusion,  many Hindu-borns have no idea about the

Vedic path and they are leading the life of Mlechas. ) . A Vaishnava is a " Sattvic " ( in the mode of goodness)  Hindu who has attained a firm connection with Sri Krishna , the Supreme Personality of Parabrahman .  One can become Hindu by just birth alone . However, to become a Vaishnava, one requires  Bhagavan Sri Krishna's divine grace. Even non-Hindus can elevate themselves to a Vaishnava , by achieving initiation from a genuine Vaishnava AchArya . When a person seeks shelter in Sri Krishna, Bhagavan a sends a a Guru for Him .

Every  practicing Vaishnava,  must

realize that he has attained the current exalted status because of his

focused Bhakti-yoga in previous births and/or this birth . 

Sri Krishna says in Bhagavad-GIta, "

After many births and deaths, he who is actually in knowledge

surrenders unto Me, knowing Me to be the cause of all causes and all

that is. Such a great soul is very rare. One who knows the inner

meaning of my incarnations and pastimes , has no rebirth " .

A Vaishnava is one who pleases Bhagavan with his Bhakti-yoga and grasps the secrets of Bhagavan's incarnations and pastimes . This happens due to the supreme compassion of Sri Krishna .

Once a Disciple asked His Guru, " Gurudev, I have no knowledge of anything and how do I know how many more births I will need or will I ever reach Sri Krishna ? Do I still have to go through endless births to be blessed with an attitude of complete surrender? "

Guru replied, " Dear disciple, Please do not be worried about thinking Bhagavan Krishna's two words, " after many janmaas " . Please believe that this is your " saadhya janma " or the life given to you for realizing Him. Believe that this is the last janma and it is absolutely possible to become a realized soul in this janma itself.

In fact, believe that you have lived thousands of " saadhana janmaas "

where you did " saadhanaas " or penances and good karmaas or practised

spirituality to be blessed to have this intense desire to know Bhagavan

.. So you have no time to waste, put all your effort to reach Sri Krishna . He is very near you stretching His hands to save you from this endless cycle of births and deaths. Be brave and walk with sajjanaas because this certainly is your " saadhya janma " to achieve your goal. Make the seemingly impossible task, possible  by believing in Bhagavan. "

At the present moment our minds are polluted with the dirt accumulated over millions and millions of lifetimes of sense gratification. Even though our original pure nature is eternal, full of knowledge, and full of bliss, due to our mental contamination we are presently suffering in the realm of temporality, ignorance, and misery. By the purificatory process of chanting the holy names of God we can revive our original, pure nature and thus relish the sweetest happiness at every minute.

Chant:Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare