IndiaDivine.org

Namasthe- Hanuman and Paashupathaasthram 4

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear all,

Years rolled by and Aanjaneya became a young, strong and beautiful monkey. He had endless energy, spirit of adventure and enthusiasm. He wanted to explore the world independently. He asked the permission of his parents, then his divine father Vaayu Bhgavaan and finally came to the feet of his Guru Lord Shiva. Lord Shiva blessed him and told him to invoke him any time he needed his help and support.

Hanuman was delighted and started his journey of exploring the world by himself. He travelled a few days and reached a dense forest. He was trying to drink water from a small spring there and he heard an angry voice: " Do not drink the water with out my permission. This whole forest belongs to me and I rule this area. Get lost immediately or come to fight with me " .

Hanuman was not afraid, but was curious to know who was the person behind this authoritative voice. He walked towards the voice and saw a huge demon with a huge head. His hair was so long and knotted, he saw birds made nests and were living happily on his hair! ( parOpakaaraarthhamidam shareeram!) His eyes were flashy red and looked really fierce. He advanced towards Hanuman.

With one of the eight siddhis he acquired, Hanuman made his body as big as the demon's body. Demon came forward and started hitting him. Hanuman also fought back and the fight continued for a long time. Both the parties were tired, but neither would give in. Hanuman wanted to take a minute to pray Lord Shiva to get advise from him and he did not even get a breathing moment. Finally when the demon went to get some water, Aanjaneya prayed and invoked Lord Shiva and requested for his help. Lord Shiva gave him a manthra and asked to take a Darbha grass and chant that manthram with utmost faith. He told Hanuman that this manthram would transfrom the grass to the most powerful Paashupathaasthram and then he had to hurl it at the demon.

When demon came back to attack him, he used the Paashupathaasthram on him and he fell dead like a fly. This manthram is so powerful and only very disciplined devoted souls can use it effectively. Lord Shiva knew that Hanumanji was one of the most disciplined disciples of him and he would use it appropriately and effectively.

When the demon died, a Gandharva emerged from the body of the demon and did namaskaar to Hanumanji. He said he was a Gandharvan and was cursed by a sage for the sin of abducting his beautiful daughter with out his knowledge. Later he gave shaapamoksham or release from the effect of the curse and said he would attain the original Gandharva form when Hanuman hurled on him the Paashupathaasthram given by Lord Shiva . Gandharva blessed Hanuman and went back to the world of Gandharvaas.

(the only other disciple of Lord Shiva who was given the mantra for Paashupathaasthra was Arjuna)

VaayusoonO namamyaham

Regards and prayers

Savitri

Respected Savitriji,

Very interesting stories about Hanumanji. Thank you very much.

And a very special thanks to give us a chance to see you

through Navaneetham.

Today I read another version of his story in "Janmabhumi"As per this story he is son of Lord Shiva and Parvathi.

I am attaching a PDF file of that story.

Regards and Prayers

Sajan

--- On Sat, 10/24/09, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram wrote:

Savitri Puram <savitriopuram[Guruvayur] Namasthe- Hanuman and Paashupathaasthram 4Saturday, October 24, 2009, 4:34 PM

Dear all,

Years rolled by and Aanjaneya became a young, strong and beautiful monkey. He had endless energy, spirit of adventure and enthusiasm. He wanted to explore the world independently. He asked the permission of his parents, then his divine father Vaayu Bhgavaan and finally came to the feet of his Guru Lord Shiva. Lord Shiva blessed him and told him to invoke him any time he needed his help and support.

Hanuman was delighted and started his journey of exploring the world by himself. He travelled a few days and reached a dense forest. He was trying to drink water from a small spring there and he heard an angry voice: "Do not drink the water with out my permission. This whole forest belongs to me and I rule this area. Get lost immediately or come to fight with me".

Hanuman was not afraid, but was curious to know who was the person behind this authoritative voice. He walked towards the voice and saw a huge demon with a huge head. His hair was so long and knotted, he saw birds made nests and were living happily on his hair! ( parOpakaaraarthhami dam shareeram!) His eyes were flashy red and looked really fierce. He advanced towards Hanuman.

With one of the eight siddhis he acquired, Hanuman made his body as big as the demon's body. Demon came forward and started hitting him. Hanuman also fought back and the fight continued for a long time. Both the parties were tired, but neither would give in. Hanuman wanted to take a minute to pray Lord Shiva to get advise from him and he did not even get a breathing moment. Finally when the demon went to get some water, Aanjaneya prayed and invoked Lord Shiva and requested for his help. Lord Shiva gave him a manthra and asked to take a Darbha grass and chant that manthram with utmost faith. He told Hanuman that this manthram would transfrom the grass to the most powerful Paashupathaasthram and then he had to hurl it at the demon.

When demon came back to attack him, he used the Paashupathaasthram on him and he fell dead like a fly. This manthram is so powerful and only very disciplined devoted souls can use it effectively. Lord Shiva knew that Hanumanji was one of the most disciplined disciples of him and he would use it appropriately and effectively.

When the demon died, a Gandharva emerged from the body of the demon and did namaskaar to Hanumanji. He said he was a Gandharvan and was cursed by a sage for the sin of abducting his beautiful daughter with out his knowledge. Later he gave shaapamoksham or release from the effect of the curse and said he would attain the original Gandharva form when Hanuman hurled on him the Paashupathaasthram given by Lord Shiva . Gandharva blessed Hanuman and went back to the world of Gandharvaas.

(the only other disciple of Lord Shiva who was given the mantra for Paashupathaasthra was Arjuna)

VaayusoonO namamyaham

Regards and prayers

Savitri

1 of 1 File(s)

Sri Hanuman1.pdf