IndiaDivine.org

Narada bhakthi suthra

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Saroja Bahin,

Thanks for drawing our attention to Devarshi Naarada's wonderful text on Bhakti.

Some years ago I bought it with the commentary by the great Swami Tyageeshaanda

of the Shree Ramakrshna Order. He has made it so accessible to people like me

with no real grounding in Samskrtam language.

One great insight I gleaned from the Bhakti Sutra is this: Ishvarasyaapi

abhimana dveshitvaat dainya priyatvaat. (Sootra 27) Lord Hari does not like

arrogance of unaided self-effort in us, and " likes complete feeling of misery

due to the consciousness of one's helplessness. "

I strongly believe that without feeling this misery of separation from Shri Hari

we will not move closer to his Divine self. Bhakti Patha is wonderful because

it destroys our arrogance and uses our misery to teach us complete dependence on

the Lord.

My pranamam to Maharshi Naarada and to you for bringing his words to our

attention!

Shree Krshna Paramaatmane Namaha!

DKM Kartha

(Mohanachandran)

Thank you for your mail.I posted about 25 suthras to the groups earlier sometime in 2007 but had to discontinue due to i otehr pressing work. Now dueto the request by one os my onlinesanskrit class students I thought of resuming it.and have started from the beginning. an dhope to continue till the end with God's grace. saroja Ramanujam . Dr. SarojaRamanujam , M.A., Ph.D, sanskritsiromanireply to sarojram18 and to get the previous posts--- On Wed, 11/4/09, D.K.M. Kartha <dkmkartha wrote:D.K.M. Kartha <dkmkarthaRe: [Guruvayur] Narada bhakthi suthraguruvayur Date: Wednesday, November 4, 2009, 8:22 AM

Dear Saroja Bahin,

Thanks for drawing our attention to Devarshi Naarada's wonderful text on Bhakti.

Some years ago I bought it with the commentary by the great Swami Tyageeshaanda of the Shree Ramakrshna Order. He has made it so accessible to people like me with no real grounding in Samskrtam language.

One great insight I gleaned from the Bhakti Sutra is this: Ishvarasyaapi abhimana dveshitvaat dainya priyatvaat. (Sootra 27) Lord Hari does not like arrogance of unaided self-effort in us, and "likes complete feeling of misery due to the consciousness of one's helplessness. "

I strongly believe that without feeling this misery of separation from Shri Hari we will not move closer to his Divine self. Bhakti Patha is wonderful because it destroys our arrogance and uses our misery to teach us complete dependence on the Lord.

My pranamam to Maharshi Naarada and to you for bringing his words to our attention!

Shree Krshna Paramaatmane Namaha!

DKM Kartha

(Mohanachandran)