IndiaDivine.org

Proposal of Name for our website and e-group.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

namo narayana

Respected Sir,

Thank you for your emils regarding the abuse of the elephants.

It is very disturbing when we see the horrendous ill-treatment and exploitation of animals especially in the name of devotion/religion.

Is it needed to show our devotion by pouring a gallon of milk, curd or ghee on to the Lord- knowing that to obtain this milk many cows have to suffer endlessly by having their calves killed and milked dry till they bleed?

Do we have to feast on paal-payasams, ghee soaked chakra pongal in the garb of offering it to the Lord, when the calves of these cows are starved to death? We can fool ourselves but not Him and the Laws of Karma.

Has Lord Krishna ever demanded these things under such sinful deeds?? And can we expect the Lord to ever be pleased with all these "offerings" which are so tamasic and cruel in nature?

We do have alternatives, we can perform the same abhisekhams with auspicious dhravyams such as turmeric water, coconut water, rose water, tulasi water, saffron-cardomum water ....... the list is endless.

We can also offer Him the best naivedhyams which are sattvic in nature.

All He wants is just some fruit, flower, a leaf and water, along with loads of true devotion and love not only for Him but for all His animals too.

We all must stop these atrocities in the name of "devotion" and support Go-shalas.

We have all consumed milk from the cow, who is akin to our own mother. While we take care of our mothers with such love and respect, can we expect our four-legged "mother" who has fed us her milk all her life, to be abused all her life and then killed in the worst possible manner?

Please think about it and if convinced please support those individuals who care for these abandoned old cows in Go-shalas.

Sincerely,

Kamlesh

P.S: Please read about the Eight flowers of devotion to Lord Vishnu in this context

ahimsA prathamam pushpam pushpam indriya nigraha: I

sarva bhUtha dayA pushpam kshamA pushpam visEshadha : jnAnam pushpam Tapa: pushpam DhyAnam pushpam tadhaiva cha I

sathyamashtavidham pushpam VishNO: preethikaram bhavEth II

Let us see how each of these flowers is related to Cow protection/Go-seva

Ahimsa (Non-violence):

Refuse to consume milk products and leather and save cows from abuse and death

Indriya-nigraha (control of the senses)

Restraining our addictions and cravings of our tongue for milk products. This is the most important factor in the existence of factory farming and cow abuse for its milk/meat.

Sarva-bhUta-dayA (compassion to all living beings)

Being compassionate to cows/calves by abstaining from factory produced milk & supporting Go-shalas

KshamA (tolerance/patience)

Tolerate the urges of tongue and old habits while adhering to non-violence

JnAnam (knowledge)

Realizing that the real worship of the Lord is not only external by rituals but

also by showing compassion to animals along with serving His devotees

Tapas(austerity)

Living an austere like by giving up sense-gratification and pleasure foods such as ice-cream, cheese, butter, ghee which are cruel to animals and to sustain on pure sattvic non-violent food

DhyAnam(contemplative meditation)

Meditate on the form of Sri Krishna, as the cowherd boy Protecting His favourite cows and realize the importance of Go-seva

Satyam

(truth)

Ability to live our lives as truthfully as possible without being

hypocritical. Inculcating ahimsa not only in thought and word but also in deeds and ability to put forth teachings of Gita in one’s own life practically

--- On Fri, 11/20/09, K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kv wrote:

K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kvRe: [Guruvayur] Re: Proposal of Name for our website and e-group.guruvayur Cc: "Venkata krishnan" <bcvk71, "reply-to Venkata krishnan" <mbaabou, "to Kamlesh Nair" <veryytterium, Rajanganesh.TS, aaviskar2006, sunanda.thali, Krishna, hrvalid, blueheavenstar, "Sudharsana Lakshmi Narasimhan" <sudharsananarasimhan, "Lakshmi Narayanan S" <slakshmi1954, "cc "K.V Gopalakrishna"" <gopalakrishna.kvFriday, November 20, 2009, 6:03 AM

Dear all,Our Kamalesh had written----- --------- - (Refer to the bottom-most mail)"Becoming Vegetarian will not only save us from flash floods, global warming and a host of other evils in this life, but will also save us from the incredible tortures of Hell in the next life, for causing so much needless suffering and death to innocent animals for our cravings for flesh and animal products like factory produced milk and eggs."This reminds me of an episode in Bhagavatam and Narayaneeyam when "Prachina-barhis" who was killing animals by their thousands in the name of Yagas and other rituals and was a "Karmatha" (करà¥à¤®à¤ :) , sage Sri Narada goes and advises him to stop killing of animals as it is a great sin, and that the same animals would be waiting with their sharp horns to tear him to pieces, when he dies. Prachina-barhis withdraws to the forest to perform Tapasya and expiate his

sins.Coming back, it all started in our group, when I pointed out to the group, the cruelty we are perpetrating on elephants in the name of religion and God when we keep them standing in the summer sun from dawn to dusk and again during the ensuing night. I was watching the TV which was showing the Trichur Pooram couple of years ago, and I did watch continuously, to see whether the animals were being properly fed and given drinking water. To my greatest consternation, I didnt find anything of such sort. Out of those, two elephants were behaving a bit odd, standing aloof and raising their trunks as though they are going to trumpet.The next day, I read in the papers that two elephants were turning roguish, were isolated with punishment of tying tightly with chains, etc.It was not my intention to injure anybody's feelings or stand against celebrating Trichur pooram, etc., and all that i wanted to convey was that we

should prevail upon the organisers to show more kindness to them, put up a shade to cover the area, give them proper food and water in time. Unfortunately, many of our own members mistook my observations and came upon me like a ton of bricks, and I found a like-minded person in our NB Nairji who supported me wholeheartedly.At least, the people attending the Pooram festival can use umbrellas to protect themselves from the peak heat of summer, but what can the poor pachiderms with their god-given black skins standing in the hot sun and absorbing all the heat do? If they protest by trumpeting asking for water, they are branded "Rogue" elephants! If we travel by road from Palghat to Coimbatore by road during daytime, you casn see hundreds of poor cows, calves, bullocks, all being tied horn to horn and transported in lorries to slaughter-houses.Talk about SPCA ? They can only tell you how to kill causing

minimum pain to the animals. They are not against cow slaughter or non-vegetarianism.It is my opinion that the problem is much much bigger than we all think. We can see only the tip of the iceberg, as it is not possible to turn all the NVs to Vs. The day is not far off when the last quadruped is also eaten up and all the NVs will turn into cannibals and man will eat man.I humbly request Shri BCVK and others to give serious thought to all these aspects before taking any crash decisions.Warmest regardsKVG. On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 7:55 AM, Jayasree Menon <euroanuster@ gmail.com> wrote:>> >> Hari Om!> > > Today after seeing Shri KVGji's mail

i came to know that there is a society being formed against killing of animals and protection of them. It is simply overwhelming! While I have noticed that Shri Panickerji from US spreads this message alongwith his signature in all the mails, we would need to have a wider spreading of message like this by forming a society etc. to strengthen the action and create an awareness among such forces which are materialistically beyond our reach.> > All the best KVGji. > Om Namo Narayanaya.. ..>> 2009/11/19 K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna. kv (AT) gmail (DOT) com>>>>> >>>> Dear BCVK and others,>> Please give it a simple name, so that anybody who looks at it even for the first time will be able to

understand what it is all about, rather than looking for the expansion. I suggest some simple name like "ANIMAL PROTECTION SOCIETY" or "MRUGA-SAMRAKSHANA- SANGHAM" or something to that effect.>>>> Further, we should not forget that there is a SPCA (Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals), already in existence, and we can always appeal to them. If they are not doing their job, we have to either support and help them in their endeavours, or if they are not doing their job, we have to represent to the Animal Welfare Board.>>>> We should also remember that as individuals, our voice will never be heard, but if we form groups at every city in sufficient numbers, we MAY be effective in our efforts. So we have to form chapters of the society at every city and gather names of interested personnel and volunteers.>> Regards>> KVG.>>>> I feel extremely

sorry that I could not be present for the meeting due to my age and related problems, but I have been following on the write-ups of members.>>>> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 7:47 PM, Venkata krishnan <bcvk71 > wrote:>>>>>> Dear Rajanganesh and All,>>> I have thought over and arrieved at a name for the Website and egroup in English.>>> Reconstruction and Protection of World and Life Foundation abridged as RAPOWAL Foundation.Think over this and improve over this.This name covers every aspect of our ideas.>>> B.C.VENKATAKRISHNAN .>>>

e-mail: bcvk71 >>> ____________ _________ _________ __>>> Kamlesh Nair <veryytterium@ gmail.com>>>> bcvk71 ; Rajanganesh. TS (AT) cognizant (DOT) com; aaviskar2006@

.co. in; sunanda.thali@ gmail.com; Krishna (AT) dsrc (DOT) co.in; hrvalid (AT) hotmail (DOT) com; blueheavenstar@ gmail.com>>> Thu, November 19, 2009 7:15:44 PM>>> Fwd: Fw: Climate chief Lord Stern: give up meat to save the planet>>>>>>>>>>>> ---------- Forwarded message

---------->>> Veryytterium <veryytterium@ >>>> Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 4:43 PM>>> Fw: Climate chief Lord Stern: give up meat to save the planet>>> veryytterium@ gmail.com>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> --- On Mon, 10/26/09, Veryytterium <veryytterium@ > wrote:>>>>>> Veryytterium <veryytterium@ >>>> Climate chief Lord Stern: give up meat to save the planet>>> guruvayur@grou ps.com>>> Monday, October 26, 2009, 9:20 PM>>>>>> namo narayana>>> >>> Respected all,>>> >>> As we in this group discuss about the issues of meat eating and animal abuse, almost concurrently the leaders of the world are discussing about a very closely related important topic which will impact all us.>>> >>> This topic is "Climate Change" which was blamed for the unusual

monsoon patterns this year, creating drought and massive floods at the same time. This climate change is attributed to a “MEAT EATING†by intensive factory farming amongst other man-made factors.>>> >>> In intensive factory farming, in order to get the most meat/eggs/milk/ leather etc. the population of the animals is artificially increased by techniques such as artificial insemination. This unbalanced population explosion causes a huge strain on the global natural resources such a water, grains, plants, electricity etc. The animals are very inefficient converters of the natural resources into edible protein and this causes a very high imbalance in the input of natural resources and the output which is "edible meat" which has a very high “carbon footprintâ€.>>> >>> In simple terms, growing crops in a unit of land will yield more calories of food than if used for meat

production, and with the added bonus of not polluting the environment. Meat production involves a huge waste of natural resources as an animal can yield only a fraction of its body mass as edible meat. Hence meat is a very "High Carbon" food, which places enormous burdens on the natural ecosystems. While factory farming strips fresh water, plants, green grass for the animals which could be used to grow crops, the factory animals themselves emit carbon dioxide, and methane as well as their process waste thus further harming the environment.>>> >>> In an interview with The Times, Lord Stern of Brentford said: “Meat is a wasteful use of water and creates a lot of greenhouse gases. It puts enormous pressure on the world’s resources. A vegetarian diet is better.â€>>> >>> http://www.timesonl ine.co.uk/ tol/news/ environment/ article6891362. ece>>> >>> http://www.mnn. com/lifestyle/ health/stories/ swedes-begin- labeling- food-emissions>>> >>> Our Rishis had always emphasized on Vegetarianism which is ethically, spiritually, religiously, medically, economically, ecologically highly advanced than meat-eating.>>> >>> Isn’t it surprising that we Hindus ignore the directions given in our scriptures, but never hesitate to follow the same when preached by the so called "advanced western" civilization.>>> >>> Becoming Vegetarian will not only save us from flash floods, global warming and a host of other evils in this life, but will also save us from the

incredible tortures of Hell in the next life, for causing so much needless suffering and death to innocent animals for our cravings for flesh and animal products like factory produced milk and eggs.>>> >>> Else we shall truly will pay a very high price for our addictions!>>> >>> Sarvam Sri Krishnaarpanamastu>>> >>> Sincerely,>>> >>> Kamlesh>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> -->> कृषà¥à¤£à¥‡à¤¤à¤¿ मंगलमॠनाम यसà¥à¤¯ वाचि पà¥à¤°à¤µà¤°à¥à¤¤à¤¤à¥‡ |>> भसà¥à¤®à¥€à¤­à¤µà¤¨à¥à¤¤à¤¿ तसà¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤¶à¥ महापातककोटयः || >> കൃഷàµà´¨àµà´¨àµ†à´¤à´¿ മംഗളം നാമ യസàµà´¯ വാചി

à´ªàµà´°à´µà´°àµâ€à´¤àµà´¤à´¤àµ‡ >> ഭാസàµà´®àµ€à´­à´µà´¨àµà´¤à´¿ തസàµà´¯à´¾à´¶àµ മഹാപാതകകൊടയ: .>>>>>> --> Best regards>> Jayasree Menon> Bangalore> +9900149461> my blog link: http://www.pythruka m.blogspot. com/> ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----> A well-thought out plan, execution excellence, market timing, personal leadership are drivers of the growth trajectory.>> --कृषà¥à¤£à¥‡à¤¤à¤¿ मंगलमॠनाम यसà¥à¤¯ वाचि पà¥à¤°à¤µà¤°à¥à¤¤à¤¤à¥‡ |भसà¥à¤®à¥€à¤­à¤µà¤¨à¥à¤¤à¤¿ तसà¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤¶à¥

महापातककोटयः || കൃഷàµà´¨àµà´¨àµ†à´¤à´¿ മംഗളം നാമ യസàµà´¯ വാചി à´ªàµà´°à´µà´°àµâ€à´¤àµà´¤à´¤àµ‡ ഭാസàµà´®àµ€à´­à´µà´¨àµà´¤à´¿ തസàµà´¯à´¾à´¶àµ മഹാപാതകകൊടയ: .

Dear bhakthas of Sri Guruvayoorappan,

We can enlist the support of every member in our group to fight against cruelty to every being which cannot make its voice heard on its own.This way we can endear ourselves as dear to His cause.We can send individual emails to the group moderator who can collectively send it to authorities concerned to make our case.

Sri Guruvayoorappa saranam!

Chandrika Shankar.--- On Fri, 11/20/09, Tigers tail <anair1101 wrote:

Tigers tail <anair1101[Guruvayur] Re: Proposal of Name for our website and e-group.guruvayur Date: Friday, November 20, 2009, 11:08 AM

Hari-OmHow many of us are there in this group ? I remember Sunilji said that amounts to more than 1500 members . When a subject such as cow abuse and torture is discussed, hardly a handful of the members raise a finger in favour of the issue.. If our own group members do not stand united on this issue what external support can we expect ? Those who are in favour of cow protection should speak up. We are faced with opposition groups conSisting multinationl companies, corportes, developed countries with tens of thousands of cattle ranches and multi-million dollar beef industries. They spend billions every year to promote and lobbey for the meat trade and voicing our concerns will need Herculean efforts to get through. So at least let all the members stand united on this issue and speak with one voice. Silence will not help.jai shree krishnaAchuthan Nair !guruvayur@grou ps.com, "K.V Gopalakrishna" <gopalakrishna. kv wrote:>> Dear all,> Our Kamalesh had written----- --------- - (Refer to the bottom-most mail)> > "Becoming Vegetarian will not only save us from flash floods, global warming> and a host of other evils in this life, but will also save us from the> incredible tortures of Hell in the next life, for causing so much needless> suffering and death to innocent animals for our cravings for flesh and> animal products like factory produced milk and eggs."> > This reminds me of an episode in Bhagavatam and Narayaneeyam when> "Prachina-barhis" who was killing animals by their thousands in the name of> Yagas and other rituals and was a "Karmatha"

(करà¥à¤®à¤ :) , sage Sri Narada goes> and advises him to stop killing of animals as it is a great sin, and that> the same animals would be waiting with their sharp horns to tear him to> pieces, when he dies. Prachina-barhis withdraws to the forest to perform> Tapasya and expiate his sins.> > Coming back, it all started in our group, when I pointed out to the group,> the cruelty we are perpetrating on elephants in the name of religion and God> when we keep them standing in the summer sun from dawn to dusk and again> during the ensuing night. I was watching the TV which was showing the> Trichur Pooram couple of years ago, and I did watch continuously, to see> whether the animals were being properly fed and given drinking water. To my> greatest consternation, I didnt find anything of such sort. Out of those,> two elephants were behaving a bit odd, standing aloof

and raising their> trunks as though they are going to trumpet.> > The next day, I read in the papers that two elephants were turning roguish,> were isolated with punishment of tying tightly with chains, etc.> > It was not my intention to injure anybody's feelings or stand against> celebrating Trichur pooram, etc., and all that i wanted to convey was that> we should prevail upon the organisers to show more kindness to them, put up> a shade to cover the area, give them proper food and water in time.> Unfortunately, many of our own members mistook my observations and came upon> me like a ton of bricks, and I found a like-minded person in our NB Nairji> who supported me wholeheartedly.> > At least, the people attending the Pooram festival can use umbrellas to> protect themselves from the peak heat of summer, but what can the poor> pachiderms with

their god-given black skins standing in the hot sun and> absorbing all the heat do? If they protest by trumpeting asking for water,> they are branded "Rogue" elephants!> > If we travel by road from Palghat to Coimbatore by road during daytime, you> casn see hundreds of poor cows, calves, bullocks, all being tied horn to> horn and transported in lorries to slaughter-houses.> > Talk about SPCA ? They can only tell you how to kill causing minimum pain> to the animals. They are not against cow slaughter or non-vegetarianism.> > It is my opinion that the problem is much much bigger than we all think. We> can see only the tip of the iceberg, as it is not possible to turn all the> NVs to Vs. The day is not far off when the last quadruped is also eaten up> and all the NVs will turn into cannibals and man will eat man.> > I humbly request Shri BCVK and

others to give serious thought to all these> aspects before taking any crash decisions.> > Warmest regards> KVG.> > > > On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 7:55 AM, Jayasree Menon <euroanuster@ ...>> wrote:> >> >> >> > Hari Om!> >> >> > Today after seeing Shri KVGji's mail i came to know that there is a> society being formed against killing of animals and protection of them. It> is simply overwhelming! While I have noticed that Shri Panickerji from US> spreads this message alongwith his signature in all the mails, we would need> to have a wider spreading of message like this by forming a society etc. to> strengthen the action and create an awareness among such forces which are> materialistically beyond our reach.> >> > All the best KVGji.> > Om Namo

Narayanaya.. ..> >> > 2009/11/19 K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna. kv> >>> >>> >>> >> Dear BCVK and others,> >> Please give it a simple name, so that anybody who looks at it even for> the first time will be able to understand what it is all about, rather than> looking for the expansion. I suggest some simple name like "ANIMAL> PROTECTION SOCIETY" or "MRUGA-SAMRAKSHANA- SANGHAM" or something to that> effect.> >>> >> Further, we should not forget that there is a SPCA (Society for> Prevention of Cruelty to Animals), already in existence, and we can always> appeal to them. If they are not doing their job, we have to either support> and help them in their endeavours, or if they are not doing their job, we> have to represent to the Animal Welfare Board.> >>>

>> We should also remember that as individuals, our voice will never be> heard, but if we form groups at every city in sufficient numbers, we MAY be> effective in our efforts. So we have to form chapters of the society at> every city and gather names of interested personnel and volunteers.> >> Regards> >> KVG.> >>> >> I feel extremely sorry that I could not be present for the meeting due to> my age and related problems, but I have been following on the write-ups of> members.> >>> >> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 7:47 PM, Venkata krishnan <bcvk71> wrote:> >>>> >>> Dear Rajanganesh and All,> >>> I have thought over and arrieved at a name> for the Website and egroup in English.> >>> Reconstruction and Protection of World and Life Foundation abridged

as> RAPOWAL Foundation.Think over this and improve over this.This name covers> every aspect of our ideas.> >>> B.C.VENKATAKRISHNAN .> >>> e-mail: bcvk71 >>> ____________ _________ _________ __> >>> Kamlesh Nair <veryytterium@ ...>> >>> bcvk71; Rajanganesh. TS;> aaviskar2006@ ...; sunanda.thali@ ...; Krishna;> hrvalid; blueheavenstar@ ...> >>> Thu, November 19, 2009 7:15:44 PM> >>> Fwd: Fw: Climate chief Lord Stern: give up meat to save the> planet> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>> ---------- Forwarded message ----------> >>> Veryytterium <veryytterium@ ...>> >>> Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 4:43 PM> >>> Fw: Climate chief Lord Stern: give up

meat to save the planet> >>> veryytterium@ ...> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>> --- On Mon, 10/26/09, Veryytterium <veryytterium@ ...> wrote:> >>>> >>> Veryytterium <veryytterium@ ...>> >>> Climate chief Lord Stern: give up meat to save the planet> >>> guruvayur@grou ps.com> >>> Monday, October 26, 2009, 9:20 PM> >>>> >>> namo narayana> >>>> >>> Respected all,> >>>> >>> As we in this group discuss about the issues of meat eating and animal> abuse, almost concurrently the leaders of the

world are discussing about a> very closely related important topic which will impact all us.> >>>> >>> This topic is "Climate Change" which was blamed for the unusual monsoon> patterns this year, creating drought and massive floods at the same time.> This climate change is attributed to a “MEAT EATING†by intensive factory> farming amongst other man-made factors.> >>>> >>> In intensive factory farming, in order to get the most> meat/eggs/milk/ leather etc. the population of the animals is artificially> increased by techniques such as artificial insemination. This unbalanced> population explosion causes a huge strain on the global natural resources> such a water, grains, plants, electricity etc. The animals are very> inefficient converters of the natural resources into edible protein and this> causes a very high

imbalance in the input of natural resources and the> output which is "edible meat" which has a very high “carbon footprintâ€.> >>>> >>> In simple terms, growing crops in a unit of land will yield more> calories of food than if used for meat production, and with the added bonus> of not polluting the environment. Meat production involves a huge waste of> natural resources as an animal can yield only a fraction of its body mass as> edible meat. Hence meat is a very "High Carbon" food, which places enormous> burdens on the natural ecosystems. While factory farming strips fresh water,> plants, green grass for the animals which could be used to grow crops, the> factory animals themselves emit carbon dioxide, and methane as well as their> process waste thus further harming the environment.> >>>> >>> In an interview with The Times,

Lord Stern of Brentford said: “Meat is a> wasteful use of water and creates a lot of greenhouse gases. It puts> enormous pressure on the world’s resources. A vegetarian diet is better.â€> >>>> >>> http://www.timesonl ine.co.uk/ tol/news/ environment/ article6891362. ece> >>>> >>>> http://www.mnn. com/lifestyle/ health/stories/ swedes-begin- labeling- food-emissions> >>>> >>> Our Rishis had always emphasized on Vegetarianism which is ethically,> spiritually, religiously, medically, economically, ecologically highly> advanced than meat-eating.> >>>> >>> Isn’t

it surprising that we Hindus ignore the directions given in our> scriptures, but never hesitate to follow the same when preached by the so> called "advanced western" civilization.> >>>> >>> Becoming Vegetarian will not only save us from flash floods, global> warming and a host of other evils in this life, but will also save us from> the incredible tortures of Hell in the next life, for causing so much> needless suffering and death to innocent animals for our cravings for flesh> and animal products like factory produced milk and eggs.> >>>> >>> Else we shall truly will pay a very high price for our addictions!> >>>> >>> Sarvam Sri Krishnaarpanamastu> >>>> >>> Sincerely,> >>>> >>> Kamlesh> >>>> >>>>

>>>> >>>> >>>> >>> >>> >>> >> --> >> कृषà¥à¤£à¥‡à¤¤à¤¿ मंगलमॠनाम यसà¥à¤¯ वाचि पà¥à¤°à¤µà¤°à¥à¤¤à¤¤à¥‡ |> >> भसà¥à¤®à¥€à¤­à¤µà¤¨à¥à¤¤à¤¿ तसà¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤¶à¥ महापातककोटयः ||> >> കൃഷàµà´¨àµà´¨àµ†à´¤à´¿ മംഗളം നാമ യസàµà´¯ വാചി à´ªàµà´°à´µà´°àµâ€à´¤àµà´¤à´¤àµ‡> >> ഭാസàµà´®àµ€à´­à´µà´¨àµà´¤à´¿ തസàµà´¯à´¾à´¶àµ മഹാപാതകകൊടയ: .> >>> >> >> >> > --> > Best regards> >> > Jayasree Menon> > Bangalore> > +9900149461> > my blog link: http://www.pythruka m.blogspot. com/> >>

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -> > A well-thought out plan, execution excellence, market timing, personal> leadership are drivers of the growth trajectory.> >> > > > > --> कृषà¥à¤£à¥‡à¤¤à¤¿ मंगलमॠनाम यसà¥à¤¯ वाचि पà¥à¤°à¤µà¤°à¥à¤¤à¤¤à¥‡ |> भसà¥à¤®à¥€à¤­à¤µà¤¨à¥à¤¤à¤¿ तसà¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤¶à¥ महापातककोटयः ||> കൃഷàµà´¨àµà´¨àµ†à´¤à´¿ മംഗളം നാമ യസàµà´¯ വാചി à´ªàµà´°à´µà´°àµâ€à´¤àµà´¤à´¤àµ‡> ഭാസàµà´®àµ€à´­à´µà´¨àµà´¤à´¿ തസàµà´¯à´¾à´¶àµ മഹാപാതകകൊടയ: .>

May I point out that there is an active branch of PETA in India.

They are very much against meat eating and in recent years

have also documented the abuses in the dairy industry. Here is

the link to an online ebook co-written by an active member of

PETA India...Smt. Pramoda Chitrabhanu

http://www.jainworld.com/jainbooks/Books/BookOfCompassion2ed.doc

In His Service,

Radhe

Om Namo Narayana!

-

Veryytterium

guruvayur

Cc: Venkata krishnan ; reply-to Venkata krishnan ; Rajanganesh.TS ; aaviskar2006 ; sunanda.thali ; Krishna ; hrvalid ; blueheavenstar ; Sudharsana Lakshmi Narasimhan ; Lakshmi Narayanan S ; cc K.V Gopalakrishna

Friday, November 20, 2009 2:05 PM

Re: [Guruvayur] Re: Proposal of Name for our website and e-group.

namo narayana

Respected Sir,

Thank you for your emils regarding the abuse of the elephants.

It is very disturbing when we see the horrendous ill-treatment and exploitation of animals especially in the name of devotion/religion.

Is it needed to show our devotion by pouring a gallon of milk, curd or ghee on to the Lord- knowing that to obtain this milk many cows have to suffer endlessly by having their calves killed and milked dry till they bleed?

Do we have to feast on paal-payasams, ghee soaked chakra pongal in the garb of offering it to the Lord, when the calves of these cows are starved to death? We can fool ourselves but not Him and the Laws of Karma.

Has Lord Krishna ever demanded these things under such sinful deeds?? And can we expect the Lord to ever be pleased with all these "offerings" which are so tamasic and cruel in nature?

We do have alternatives, we can perform the same abhisekhams with auspicious dhravyams such as turmeric water, coconut water, rose water, tulasi water, saffron-cardomum water ....... the list is endless.

We can also offer Him the best naivedhyams which are sattvic in nature.

All He wants is just some fruit, flower, a leaf and water, along with loads of true devotion and love not only for Him but for all His animals too.

We all must stop these atrocities in the name of "devotion" and support Go-shalas.

We have all consumed milk from the cow, who is akin to our own mother. While we take care of our mothers with such love and respect, can we expect our four-legged "mother" who has fed us her milk all her life, to be abused all her life and then killed in the worst possible manner?

Please think about it and if convinced please support those individuals who care for these abandoned old cows in Go-shalas.

Sincerely,

Kamlesh

P.S: Please read about the Eight flowers of devotion to Lord Vishnu in this context

ahimsA prathamam pushpam pushpam indriya nigraha: I

sarva bhUtha dayA pushpam kshamA pushpam visEshadha : jnAnam pushpam Tapa: pushpam DhyAnam pushpam tadhaiva cha I

sathyamashtavidham pushpam VishNO: preethikaram bhavEth II

Let us see how each of these flowers is related to Cow protection/Go-seva

Ahimsa (Non-violence):

Refuse to consume milk products and leather and save cows from abuse and death

Indriya-nigraha (control of the senses)

Restraining our addictions and cravings of our tongue for milk products. This is the most important factor in the existence of factory farming and cow abuse for its milk/meat.

Sarva-bhUta-dayA (compassion to all living beings)

Being compassionate to cows/calves by abstaining from factory produced milk & supporting Go-shalas

KshamA (tolerance/patience)

Tolerate the urges of tongue and old habits while adhering to non-violence

JnAnam (knowledge)

Realizing that the real worship of the Lord is not only external by rituals but also by showing compassion to animals along with serving His devotees

Tapas(austerity)

Living an austere like by giving up sense-gratification and pleasure foods such as ice-cream, cheese, butter, ghee which are cruel to animals and to sustain on pure sattvic non-violent food

DhyAnam(contemplative meditation)

Meditate on the form of Sri Krishna, as the cowherd boy Protecting His favourite cows and realize the importance of Go-seva

Satyam (truth)

Ability to live our lives as truthfully as possible without being hypocritical. Inculcating ahimsa not only in thought and word but also in deeds and ability to put forth teachings of Gita in one’s own life practically

--- On Fri, 11/20/09, K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kv > wrote:

K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kv >Re: [Guruvayur] Re: Proposal of Name for our website and e-group.guruvayur Cc: "Venkata krishnan" <bcvk71 >, "reply-to Venkata krishnan" <mbaabou >, "to Kamlesh Nair" <veryytterium >, Rajanganesh.TS (AT) cognizant (DOT) com, aaviskar2006 (AT) (DOT) co.in, sunanda.thali , Krishna (AT) dsrc (DOT) co.in, hrvalid (AT) hotmail (DOT) com, blueheavenstar , "Sudharsana Lakshmi Narasimhan" <sudharsananarasimhan, "Lakshmi Narayanan S" <slakshmi1954 >, "cc "K.V Gopalakrishna"" <gopalakrishna.kv >Friday, November 20, 2009, 6:03 AM

Dear all,Our Kamalesh had written----- --------- - (Refer to the bottom-most mail)"Becoming Vegetarian will not only save us from flash floods, global warming and a host of other evils in this life, but will also save us from the incredible tortures of Hell in the next life, for causing so much needless suffering and death to innocent animals for our cravings for flesh and animal products like factory produced milk and eggs."This reminds me of an episode in Bhagavatam and Narayaneeyam when "Prachina-barhis" who was killing animals by their thousands in the name of Yagas and other rituals and was a "Karmatha" (करà¥à¤®à¤ :) , sage Sri Narada goes and advises him to stop killing of animals as it is a great sin, and that the same animals would be waiting with their sharp horns to tear him to pieces, when he dies. Prachina-barhis withdraws to the forest to perform Tapasya and expiate his sins.Coming back, it all started in our group, when I pointed out to the group, the cruelty we are perpetrating on elephants in the name of religion and God when we keep them standing in the summer sun from dawn to dusk and again during the ensuing night. I was watching the TV which was showing the Trichur Pooram couple of years ago, and I did watch continuously, to see whether the animals were being properly fed and given drinking water. To my greatest consternation, I didnt find anything of such sort. Out of those, two elephants were behaving a bit odd, standing aloof and raising their trunks as though they are going to trumpet.The next day, I read in the papers that two elephants were turning roguish, were isolated with punishment of tying tightly with chains, etc.It was not my intention to injure anybody's feelings or stand against celebrating Trichur pooram, etc., and all that i wanted to convey was that we should prevail upon the organisers to show more kindness to them, put up a shade to cover the area, give them proper food and water in time. Unfortunately, many of our own members mistook my observations and came upon me like a ton of bricks, and I found a like-minded person in our NB Nairji who supported me wholeheartedly.At least, the people attending the Pooram festival can use umbrellas to protect themselves from the peak heat of summer, but what can the poor pachiderms with their god-given black skins standing in the hot sun and absorbing all the heat do? If they protest by trumpeting asking for water, they are branded "Rogue" elephants! If we travel by road from Palghat to Coimbatore by road during daytime, you casn see hundreds of poor cows, calves, bullocks, all being tied horn to horn and transported in lorries to slaughter-houses.Talk about SPCA ? They can only tell you how to kill causing minimum pain to the animals. They are not against cow slaughter or non-vegetarianism.It is my opinion that the problem is much much bigger than we all think. We can see only the tip of the iceberg, as it is not possible to turn all the NVs to Vs. The day is not far off when the last quadruped is also eaten up and all the NVs will turn into cannibals and man will eat man.I humbly request Shri BCVK and others to give serious thought to all these aspects before taking any crash decisions.Warmest regardsKVG. On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 7:55 AM, Jayasree Menon <euroanuster@ gmail.com> wrote:>> >> Hari Om!> > > Today after seeing Shri KVGji's mail i came to know that there is a society being formed against killing of animals and protection of them. It is simply overwhelming! While I have noticed that Shri Panickerji from US spreads this message alongwith his signature in all the mails, we would need to have a wider spreading of message like this by forming a society etc. to strengthen the action and create an awareness among such forces which are materialistically beyond our reach.> > All the best KVGji. > Om Namo Narayanaya.. ..>> 2009/11/19 K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna. kv (AT) gmail (DOT) com>>>>> >>>> Dear BCVK and others,>> Please give it a simple name, so that anybody who looks at it even for the first time will be able to understand what it is all about, rather than looking for the expansion. I suggest some simple name like "ANIMAL PROTECTION SOCIETY" or "MRUGA-SAMRAKSHANA- SANGHAM" or something to that effect.>>>> Further, we should not forget that there is a SPCA (Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals), already in existence, and we can always appeal to them. If they are not doing their job, we have to either support and help them in their endeavours, or if they are not doing their job, we have to represent to the Animal Welfare Board.>>>> We should also remember that as individuals, our voice will never be heard, but if we form groups at every city in sufficient numbers, we MAY be effective in our efforts. So we have to form chapters of the society at every city and gather names of interested personnel and volunteers.>> Regards>> KVG.>>>> I feel extremely sorry that I could not be present for the meeting due to my age and related problems, but I have been following on the write-ups of members.>>>> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 7:47 PM, Venkata krishnan <bcvk71 > wrote:>>>>>> Dear Rajanganesh and All,>>> I have thought over and arrieved at a name for the Website and egroup in English.>>> Reconstruction and Protection of World and Life Foundation abridged as RAPOWAL Foundation.Think over this and improve over this.This name covers every aspect of our ideas.>>> B.C.VENKATAKRISHNAN .>>> e-mail: bcvk71 >>> ____________ _________ _________ __>>> Kamlesh Nair <veryytterium@ gmail.com>>>> bcvk71 ; Rajanganesh. TS (AT) cognizant (DOT) com; aaviskar2006@ .co. in; sunanda.thali@ gmail.com; Krishna (AT) dsrc (DOT) co.in; hrvalid (AT) hotmail (DOT) com; blueheavenstar@ gmail.com>>> Thu, November 19, 2009 7:15:44 PM>>> Fwd: Fw: Climate chief Lord Stern: give up meat to save the planet>>>>>>>>>>>> ---------- Forwarded message ---------->>> Veryytterium <veryytterium@ >>>> Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 4:43 PM>>> Fw: Climate chief Lord Stern: give up meat to save the planet>>> veryytterium@ gmail.com>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> --- On Mon, 10/26/09, Veryytterium <veryytterium@ > wrote:>>>>>> Veryytterium <veryytterium@ >>>> Climate chief Lord Stern: give up meat to save the planet>>> guruvayur@grou ps.com>>> Monday, October 26, 2009, 9:20 PM>>>>>> namo narayana>>> >>> Respected all,>>> >>> As we in this group discuss about the issues of meat eating and animal abuse, almost concurrently the leaders of the world are discussing about a very closely related important topic which will impact all us.>>> >>> This topic is "Climate Change" which was blamed for the unusual monsoon patterns this year, creating drought and massive floods at the same time. This climate change is attributed to a “MEAT EATING†by intensive factory farming amongst other man-made factors.>>> >>> In intensive factory farming, in order to get the most meat/eggs/milk/ leather etc. the population of the animals is artificially increased by techniques such as artificial insemination. This unbalanced population explosion causes a huge strain on the global natural resources such a water, grains, plants, electricity etc. The animals are very inefficient converters of the natural resources into edible protein and this causes a very high imbalance in the input of natural resources and the output which is "edible meat" which has a very high “carbon footprintâ€.>>> >>> In simple terms, growing crops in a unit of land will yield more calories of food than if used for meat production, and with the added bonus of not polluting the environment. Meat production involves a huge waste of natural resources as an animal can yield only a fraction of its body mass as edible meat. Hence meat is a very "High Carbon" food, which places enormous burdens on the natural ecosystems. While factory farming strips fresh water, plants, green grass for the animals which could be used to grow crops, the factory animals themselves emit carbon dioxide, and methane as well as their process waste thus further harming the environment.>>> >>> In an interview with The Times, Lord Stern of Brentford said: “Meat is a wasteful use of water and creates a lot of greenhouse gases. It puts enormous pressure on the world’s resources. A vegetarian diet is better.â€>>> >>> http://www.timesonl ine.co.uk/ tol/news/ environment/ article6891362. ece>>> >>> http://www.mnn. com/lifestyle/ health/stories/ swedes-begin- labeling- food-emissions>>> >>> Our Rishis had always emphasized on Vegetarianism which is ethically, spiritually, religiously, medically, economically, ecologically highly advanced than meat-eating.>>> >>> Isn’t it surprising that we Hindus ignore the directions given in our scriptures, but never hesitate to follow the same when preached by the so called "advanced western" civilization.>>> >>> Becoming Vegetarian will not only save us from flash floods, global warming and a host of other evils in this life, but will also save us from the incredible tortures of Hell in the next life, for causing so much needless suffering and death to innocent animals for our cravings for flesh and animal products like factory produced milk and eggs.>>> >>> Else we shall truly will pay a very high price for our addictions!>>> >>> Sarvam Sri Krishnaarpanamastu>>> >>> Sincerely,>>> >>> Kamlesh>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> -->> कृषà¥à¤£à¥‡à¤¤à¤¿ मंगलमॠनाम यसà¥à¤¯ वाचि पà¥à¤°à¤µà¤°à¥à¤¤à¤¤à¥‡ |>> भसà¥à¤®à¥€à¤­à¤µà¤¨à¥à¤¤à¤¿ तसà¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤¶à¥ महापातककोटयः || >> കൃഷàµà´¨àµà´¨àµ†à´¤à´¿ മംഗളം നാമ യസàµà´¯ വാചി à´ªàµà´°à´µà´°àµâ€à´¤àµà´¤à´¤àµ‡ >> ഭാസàµà´®àµ€à´­à´µà´¨àµà´¤à´¿ തസàµà´¯à´¾à´¶àµ മഹാപാതകകൊടയ: .>>>>>> --> Best regards>> Jayasree Menon> Bangalore> +9900149461> my blog link: http://www.pythruka m.blogspot. com/> ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----> A well-thought out plan, execution excellence, market timing, personal leadership are drivers of the growth trajectory.>> --कृषà¥à¤£à¥‡à¤¤à¤¿ मंगलमॠनाम यसà¥à¤¯ वाचि पà¥à¤°à¤µà¤°à¥à¤¤à¤¤à¥‡ |भसà¥à¤®à¥€à¤­à¤µà¤¨à¥à¤¤à¤¿ तसà¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤¶à¥ महापातककोटयः || കൃഷàµà´¨àµà´¨àµ†à´¤à´¿ മംഗളം നാമ യസàµà´¯ വാചി à´ªàµà´°à´µà´°àµâ€à´¤àµà´¤à´¤àµ‡ ഭാസàµà´®àµ€à´­à´µà´¨àµà´¤à´¿ തസàµà´¯à´¾à´¶àµ മഹാപാതകകൊടയ: .

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.425 / Virus Database: 270.14.73/2514 - Release 11/19/09 19:42:00

Dear KVGji:

I woke up this morning to find this and other posts on the

subject of becoming vegan. I thank you for sharing your decision

with us. I am curious to know what it was in the ebook which

solidified your decision to make this change? I ask both out

of curiosity and because I would like to extract some quotes from

the ebook to add to the Call of the Conch series on the luthar

blog. Nice thing about a blog post...you can go back and add to it:-)

In love and gratitude,

Radhe

Shri Krishna saranam mamah!!!

-

K.V Gopalakrishna

guruvayur

Friday, November 20, 2009 11:27 PM

Re: [Guruvayur] Re: Proposal of Name for our website and e-group.

Dear all,Radhe Krishna!Recalling Sri. Kamaleshji's words"In my humble opinion, we need to reform ourselves first before even thinking of reforming the other community."This was eye opener to me. Thank you very much, Kamaleshji, After reading the book given on the website sent by Radheji, I have taken the vow to become a VEGAN.Thanks again and regardsLoveKVG.

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 8:58 AM, Veryytterium <veryytterium > wrote:

namo narayana

Respected Sir,

In my humble opinion, we need to reform ourselves first before even thinking of reforming the other community.

I read somewhere about a member of the "other" community which regularly slaughter cows, talk about the hypocrisy of Hindus, that when the "other community" slaughters a cow, a riot breaks, but Hindus do not mind that these cows can be dumped in garbage heaps when they are useless and then they die a bloody death on the roads after being hit by cars.

There is some truth behind this statement, we need to probe deeper into our conscience to see how we are ADDICTED to milk products and leather. And to justify our ADDICTION we try to bring in scriptural evidence saying that "Milk is satvic".

Nothing can be further away from the truth as everywhere (US and India) the cows are brutally killed after they have been milked dry. Infact, the west and the "other" community do not have double standards as we do, as we louldly proclaim that "cow is sacred" and tell tall tales of Krishna leela with cows to our children while causing all this death and abuse of the cows and calves!

We just want to extract the last drop of milk from the cow to satisfy our cravings for butter, ghee and ice-cream, chocolates. The cow is then just thrown away after she no longer gives milk, they lie on the roads, only to be kidnapped by rogues to be slaughtered in the worst possible manner.

All those who drink milk, must see how these animals meet their deaths and how our ADDICTIONS have caused all this sufferings.

We must remember what Sri KVG ji had written in his email about the punishment which lay waiting for "Prachina-barhis" for having killed so many animals for his yagnas.

If "Prachina-barhis" was going to be punished for his violence he did for the sake of his yagna, imagine what punishment lies for us for the violence we do for the sake of our tongues!!!!

Please think about this the next time you bite into your next chocolate bar or ice-cream!

It's time to stop this double-standards and self-deception.

Sincerely,

Kamlesh--- On Fri, 11/20/09, narayana narayana <kausthubha > wrote:

narayana narayana <kausthubha >Re: [Guruvayur] Re: Proposal of Name for our website and e-group.guruvayur Date: Friday, November 20, 2009, 3:31 PM

Respected Devotees,It is very sad to see these events happenning. Somewhere down in this mail there is a mention about cows being transported from Coimbatore(CBE) to Kerala. I live nearby CBE and it is very appalling to see the transport of cows to be consumed mainly by people who do not practice hindu religion. Even people who are born in Hindu religion are engaged in meat eating consider it to be a heroic act. I try my best explaining people of non hindu faiths that being vegetarian is the best. But their argument is that "Our faith says that animals do not have a soul and god has made these animals so that man can eat". Our faith says animals and plants have soul too. So there is a major clash of ideology.first we have to strongly educate our friends and relatives who are still in our religion that being vegetarian will lead you towards moksha. Then we will have a big group propagating this idea. See how Yoga is now practised all over the world (even though often with the wrong intentions). I see that vegetarianism is also becoming slowly popular in the west but for some reason our "Great Hindu India" is slowly succumbing to the bad things that the west is giving to us.We have to somehow voice our opinion in the media very very regularly about the benefits of being vegetarian. This disemination of information should happen first in all the regional channels very frequently.Jai Hind and Jai Sanatana DharmaPrakash --- On Fri, 11/20/09, Tigers tail <anair1101 > wrote:

Tigers tail <anair1101 >[Guruvayur] Re: Proposal of Name for our website and e-group.guruvayur@grou ps.com

Friday, November 20, 2009, 12:08 PM

Hari-OmHow many of us are there in this group ? I remember Sunilji said that amounts to more than 1500 members . When a subject such as cow abuse and torture is discussed, hardly a handful of the members raise a finger in favour of the issue.. If our own group members do not stand united on this issue what external support can we expect ? Those who are in favour of cow protection should speak up. We are faced with opposition groups conSisting multinationl companies, corportes, developed countries with tens of thousands of cattle ranches and multi-million dollar beef industries. They spend billions every year to promote and lobbey for the meat trade and voicing our concerns will need Herculean efforts to get through. So at least let all the members stand united on this issue and speak with one voice. Silence will not help.jai shree krishnaAchuthan Nair !guruvayur@grou ps.com, "K.V Gopalakrishna" <gopalakrishna. kv wrote:>> Dear all,> Our Kamalesh had written----- --------- - (Refer to the bottom-most mail)> > "Becoming Vegetarian will not only save us from flash floods, global warming> and a host of other evils in this life, but will also save us from the> incredible tortures of Hell in the next life, for causing so much needless> suffering and death to innocent animals for our cravings for flesh and> animal products like factory produced milk and eggs."> > This reminds me of an episode in Bhagavatam and Narayaneeyam when> "Prachina-barhis" who was killing animals by their thousands in the name of> Yagas and other rituals and was a "Karmatha" (करà¥à¤®à¤ :) , sage Sri Narada goes> and advises him to stop killing of animals as it is a great sin, and that> the same animals would be waiting with their sharp horns to tear him to> pieces, when he dies. Prachina-barhis withdraws to the forest to perform> Tapasya and expiate his sins.> > Coming back, it all started in our group, when I pointed out to the group,> the cruelty we are perpetrating on elephants in the name of religion and God> when we keep them standing in the summer sun from dawn to dusk and again> during the ensuing night. I was watching the TV which was showing the> Trichur Pooram couple of years ago, and I did watch continuously, to see> whether the animals were being properly fed and given drinking water. To my> greatest consternation, I didnt find anything of such sort. Out of those,> two elephants were behaving a bit odd, standing aloof and raising their> trunks as though they are going to trumpet.> > The next day, I read in the papers that two elephants were turning roguish,> were isolated with punishment of tying tightly with chains, etc.> > It was not my intention to injure anybody's feelings or stand against> celebrating Trichur pooram, etc., and all that i wanted to convey was that> we should prevail upon the organisers to show more kindness to them, put up> a shade to cover the area, give them proper food and water in time.> Unfortunately, many of our own members mistook my observations and came upon> me like a ton of bricks, and I found a like-minded person in our NB Nairji> who supported me wholeheartedly.> > At least, the people attending the Pooram festival can use umbrellas to> protect themselves from the peak heat of summer, but what can the poor> pachiderms with their god-given black skins standing in the hot sun and> absorbing all the heat do? If they protest by trumpeting asking for water,> they are branded "Rogue" elephants!> > If we travel by road from Palghat to Coimbatore by road during daytime, you> casn see hundreds of poor cows, calves, bullocks, all being tied horn to> horn and transported in lorries to slaughter-houses.> > Talk about SPCA ? They can only tell you how to kill causing minimum pain> to the animals. They are not against cow slaughter or non-vegetarianism.> > It is my opinion that the problem is much much bigger than we all think. We> can see only the tip of the iceberg, as it is not possible to turn all the> NVs to Vs. The day is not far off when the last quadruped is also eaten up> and all the NVs will turn into cannibals and man will eat man.> > I humbly request Shri BCVK and others to give serious thought to all these> aspects before taking any crash decisions.> > Warmest regards> KVG.> > > > On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 7:55 AM, Jayasree Menon <euroanuster@ ...>> wrote:> >> >> >> > Hari Om!> >> >> > Today after seeing Shri KVGji's mail i came to know that there is a> society being formed against killing of animals and protection of them. It> is simply overwhelming! While I have noticed that Shri Panickerji from US> spreads this message alongwith his signature in all the mails, we would need> to have a wider spreading of message like this by forming a society etc. to> strengthen the action and create an awareness among such forces which are> materialistically beyond our reach.> >> > All the best KVGji.> > Om Namo Narayanaya.. ..> >> > 2009/11/19 K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna. kv> >>> >>> >>> >> Dear BCVK and others,> >> Please give it a simple name, so that anybody who looks at it even for> the first time will be able to understand what it is all about, rather than> looking for the expansion. I suggest some simple name like "ANIMAL> PROTECTION SOCIETY" or "MRUGA-SAMRAKSHANA- SANGHAM" or something to that> effect.> >>> >> Further, we should not forget that there is a SPCA (Society for> Prevention of Cruelty to Animals), already in existence, and we can always> appeal to them. If they are not doing their job, we have to either support> and help them in their endeavours, or if they are not doing their job, we> have to represent to the Animal Welfare Board.> >>> >> We should also remember that as individuals, our voice will never be> heard, but if we form groups at every city in sufficient numbers, we MAY be> effective in our efforts. So we have to form chapters of the society at> every city and gather names of interested personnel and volunteers.> >> Regards> >> KVG.> >>> >> I feel extremely sorry that I could not be present for the meeting due to> my age and related problems, but I have been following on the write-ups of> members.> >>> >> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 7:47 PM, Venkata krishnan <bcvk71> wrote:> >>>> >>> Dear Rajanganesh and All,> >>> I have thought over and arrieved at a name> for the Website and egroup in English.> >>> Reconstruction and Protection of World and Life Foundation abridged as> RAPOWAL Foundation.Think over this and improve over this.This name covers> every aspect of our ideas.> >>> B.C.VENKATAKRISHNAN .> >>> e-mail: bcvk71 >>> ____________ _________ _________ __> >>> Kamlesh Nair <veryytterium@ ...>> >>> bcvk71; Rajanganesh. TS;> aaviskar2006@ ...; sunanda.thali@ ...; Krishna;> hrvalid; blueheavenstar@ ...> >>> Thu, November 19, 2009 7:15:44 PM> >>> Fwd: Fw: Climate chief Lord Stern: give up meat to save the> planet> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>> ---------- Forwarded message ----------> >>> Veryytterium <veryytterium@ ...>> >>> Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 4:43 PM> >>> Fw: Climate chief Lord Stern: give up meat to save the planet> >>> veryytterium@ ...> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>> --- On Mon, 10/26/09, Veryytterium <veryytterium@ ...> wrote:> >>>> >>> Veryytterium <veryytterium@ ...>> >>> Climate chief Lord Stern: give up meat to save the planet> >>> guruvayur@grou ps.com> >>> Monday, October 26, 2009, 9:20 PM> >>>> >>> namo narayana> >>>> >>> Respected all,> >>>> >>> As we in this group discuss about the issues of meat eating and animal> abuse, almost concurrently the leaders of the world are discussing about a> very closely related important topic which will impact all us.> >>>> >>> This topic is "Climate Change" which was blamed for the unusual monsoon> patterns this year, creating drought and massive floods at the same time.> This climate change is attributed to a “MEAT EATING†by intensive factory> farming amongst other man-made factors.> >>>> >>> In intensive factory farming, in order to get the most> meat/eggs/milk/ leather etc. the population of the animals is artificially> increased by techniques such as artificial insemination. This unbalanced> population explosion causes a huge strain on the global natural resources> such a water, grains, plants, electricity etc. The animals are very> inefficient converters of the natural resources into edible protein and this> causes a very high imbalance in the input of natural resources and the> output which is "edible meat" which has a very high “carbon footprintâ€.> >>>> >>> In simple terms, growing crops in a unit of land will yield more> calories of food than if used for meat production, and with the added bonus> of not polluting the environment. Meat production involves a huge waste of> natural resources as an animal can yield only a fraction of its body mass as> edible meat. Hence meat is a very "High Carbon" food, which places enormous> burdens on the natural ecosystems. While factory farming strips fresh water,> plants, green grass for the animals which could be used to grow crops, the> factory animals themselves emit carbon dioxide, and methane as well as their> process waste thus further harming the environment.> >>>> >>> In an interview with The Times, Lord Stern of Brentford said: “Meat is a> wasteful use of water and creates a lot of greenhouse gases. It puts> enormous pressure on the world’s resources. A vegetarian diet is better.â€> >>>> >>> http://www.timesonl ine.co.uk/ tol/news/ environment/ article6891362. ece> >>>> >>>> http://www.mnn. com/lifestyle/ health/stories/ swedes-begin- labeling- food-emissions> >>>> >>> Our Rishis had always emphasized on Vegetarianism which is ethically,> spiritually, religiously, medically, economically, ecologically highly> advanced than meat-eating.> >>>> >>> Isn’t it surprising that we Hindus ignore the directions given in our> scriptures, but never hesitate to follow the same when preached by the so> called "advanced western" civilization.> >>>> >>> Becoming Vegetarian will not only save us from flash floods, global> warming and a host of other evils in this life, but will also save us from> the incredible tortures of Hell in the next life, for causing so much> needless suffering and death to innocent animals for our cravings for flesh> and animal products like factory produced milk and eggs.> >>>> >>> Else we shall truly will pay a very high price for our addictions!> >>>> >>> Sarvam Sri Krishnaarpanamastu> >>>> >>> Sincerely,> >>>> >>> Kamlesh> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>> >>> >>> >> --> >> कृषà¥à¤£à¥‡à¤¤à¤¿ मंगलमॠनाम यसà¥à¤¯ वाचि पà¥à¤°à¤µà¤°à¥à¤¤à¤¤à¥‡ |> >> भसà¥à¤®à¥€à¤­à¤µà¤¨à¥à¤¤à¤¿ तसà¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤¶à¥ महापातककोटयः ||> >> കൃഷàµà´¨àµà´¨àµ†à´¤à´¿ മംഗളം നാമ യസàµà´¯ വാചി à´ªàµà´°à´µà´°àµâ€à´¤àµà´¤à´¤àµ‡> >> ഭാസàµà´®àµ€à´­à´µà´¨àµà´¤à´¿ തസàµà´¯à´¾à´¶àµ മഹാപാതകകൊടയ: .> >>> >> >> >> > --> > Best regards> >> > Jayasree Menon> > Bangalore> > +9900149461> > my blog link: http://www.pythruka m.blogspot. com/> >> ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -> > A well-thought out plan, execution excellence, market timing, personal> leadership are drivers of the growth trajectory.> >> > > > > --> कृषà¥à¤£à¥‡à¤¤à¤¿ मंगलमॠनाम यसà¥à¤¯ वाचि पà¥à¤°à¤µà¤°à¥à¤¤à¤¤à¥‡ |> भसà¥à¤®à¥€à¤­à¤µà¤¨à¥à¤¤à¤¿ तसà¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤¶à¥ महापातककोटयः ||> കൃഷàµà´¨àµà´¨àµ†à´¤à´¿ മംഗളം നാമ യസàµà´¯ വാചി à´ªàµà´°à´µà´°àµâ€à´¤àµà´¤à´¤àµ‡> ഭാസàµà´®àµ€à´­à´µà´¨àµà´¤à´¿ തസàµà´¯à´¾à´¶àµ മഹാപാതകകൊടയ: .>

-- कृषà¥à¤£à¥‡à¤¤à¤¿ मंगलमॠनाम यसà¥à¤¯ वाचि पà¥à¤°à¤µà¤°à¥à¤¤à¤¤à¥‡ |भसà¥à¤®à¥€à¤­à¤µà¤¨à¥à¤¤à¤¿ तसà¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤¶à¥ महापातककोटयः || കൃഷàµà´¨àµà´¨àµ†à´¤à´¿ മംഗളം നാമ യസàµà´¯ വാചി à´ªàµà´°à´µà´°àµâ€à´¤àµà´¤à´¤àµ‡ ഭാസàµà´®àµ€à´­à´µà´¨àµà´¤à´¿ തസàµà´¯à´¾à´¶àµ മഹാപാതകകൊടയ: .

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.425 / Virus Database: 270.14.75/2516 - Release 11/20/09 19:43:00

namo narayana

Respected Sir,

I congratulate on your bold decision even if there is poor appreciation of your choice in this group.

Your noble vow of not to being a part of a system which systematically exploits animals for our sense gratification under the garb of tradition and old habit will certainly please Lord Krishna immensely.

I humbly request you to be a vocal supporter of Veganism and spread this message to all those whom you know, especially to the children and the younger generation and those who are the devotees of the Lord.

The more united, vocal and visible we are, the chances of ending this abuse is higher.

Certainly by every one doing our little bit, we are truly serving a mission which would be the most dear to the Lord, as compared to performing dry meaningless rituals for show.

Sincerely,

Kamlesh

--- On Fri, 11/20/09, K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kv wrote:

K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kvRe: [Guruvayur] Re: Proposal of Name for our website and e-group.guruvayur Date: Friday, November 20, 2009, 11:27 PM

Dear all,Radhe Krishna!Recalling Sri. Kamaleshji's words"In my humble opinion, we need to reform ourselves first before even thinking of reforming the other community."This was eye opener to me. Thank you very much, Kamaleshji, After reading the book given on the website sent by Radheji, I have taken the vow to become a VEGAN.Thanks again and regardsLoveKVG.

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 8:58 AM, Veryytterium <veryytterium@ > wrote:

namo narayana

Respected Sir,

In my humble opinion, we need to reform ourselves first before even thinking of reforming the other community.

I read somewhere about a member of the "other" community which regularly slaughter cows, talk about the hypocrisy of Hindus, that when the "other community" slaughters a cow, a riot breaks, but Hindus do not mind that these cows can be dumped in garbage heaps when they are useless and then they die a bloody death on the roads after being hit by cars.

There is some truth behind this statement, we need to probe deeper into our conscience to see how we are ADDICTED to milk products and leather. And to justify our ADDICTION we try to bring in scriptural evidence saying that "Milk is satvic".

Nothing can be further away from the truth as everywhere (US and India) the cows are brutally killed after they have been milked dry. Infact, the west and the "other" community do not have double standards as we do, as we louldly proclaim that "cow is sacred" and tell tall tales of Krishna leela with cows to our children while causing all this death and abuse of the cows and calves!

We just want to extract the last drop of milk from the cow to satisfy our cravings for butter, ghee and ice-cream, chocolates. The cow is then just thrown away after she no longer gives milk, they lie on the roads, only to be kidnapped by rogues to be slaughtered in the worst possible manner.

All those who drink milk, must see how these animals meet their deaths and how our ADDICTIONS have caused all this sufferings.

We must remember what Sri KVG ji had written in his email about the punishment which lay waiting for "Prachina-barhis" for having killed so many animals for his yagnas.

If "Prachina-barhis" was going to be punished for his violence he did for the sake of his yagna, imagine what punishment lies for us for the violence we do for the sake of our tongues!!!!

Please think about this the next time you bite into your next chocolate bar or ice-cream!

It's time to stop this double-standards and self-deception.

Sincerely,

Kamlesh--- On Fri, 11/20/09, narayana narayana <kausthubha > wrote:

narayana narayana <kausthubha >Re: [Guruvayur] Re: Proposal of Name for our website and e-group.guruvayur@grou ps.comFriday, November 20, 2009, 3:31 PM

Respected Devotees,It is very sad to see these events happenning. Somewhere down in this mail there is a mention about cows being transported from Coimbatore(CBE) to Kerala. I live nearby CBE and it is very appalling to see the transport of cows to be consumed mainly by people who do not practice hindu religion. Even people who are born in Hindu religion are engaged in meat eating consider it to be a heroic act. I try my best explaining people of non hindu faiths that being vegetarian is the best. But their argument is that "Our faith says that animals do not have a soul and god has made these animals so that man can eat". Our faith says animals and plants have soul too. So there is a major clash of ideology.first we have to strongly educate our friends and relatives who are still in our religion that being vegetarian will lead you towards moksha. Then we will have

a big group propagating this idea. See how Yoga is now practised all over the world (even though often with the wrong intentions). I see that vegetarianism is also becoming slowly popular in the west but for some reason our "Great Hindu India" is slowly succumbing to the bad things that the west is giving to us.We have to somehow voice our opinion in the media very very regularly about the benefits of being vegetarian. This disemination of information should happen first in all the regional channels very frequently.Jai Hind and Jai Sanatana DharmaPrakash --- On Fri, 11/20/09, Tigers tail <anair1101 > wrote:

Tigers tail <anair1101 >[Guruvayur] Re: Proposal of Name for our website and e-group.guruvayur@grou ps.com

Friday, November 20, 2009, 12:08 PM

Hari-OmHow many of us are there in this group ? I remember Sunilji said that amounts to more than 1500 members . When a subject such as cow abuse and torture is discussed, hardly a handful of the members raise a finger in favour of the issue.. If our own group members do not stand united on this issue what external support can we expect ? Those who are in favour of cow protection should speak up. We are faced with opposition groups conSisting multinationl companies, corportes, developed countries with tens of thousands of cattle ranches and multi-million dollar beef industries. They spend billions every year to promote and lobbey for the meat trade and voicing our concerns will need Herculean efforts to get through. So at least let all the members stand united on this issue and speak with one voice. Silence will not help.jai shree krishnaAchuthan Nair !guruvayur@grou

ps.com, "K.V Gopalakrishna" <gopalakrishna. kv wrote:>> Dear all,> Our Kamalesh had written----- --------- - (Refer to the bottom-most mail)> > "Becoming Vegetarian will not only save us from flash floods, global warming> and a host of other evils in this life, but will also save us from the> incredible tortures of Hell in the next life, for causing so much needless> suffering and death to innocent animals for our cravings for flesh and> animal products like factory produced milk and eggs."> > This reminds me of an episode in Bhagavatam and Narayaneeyam when> "Prachina-barhis" who was killing animals by their thousands in the name of> Yagas and other rituals and was a "Karmatha" (करà¥à¤®à¤ :) , sage Sri Narada goes> and advises him to stop killing of animals as it is a great sin, and that> the same animals would be waiting with

their sharp horns to tear him to> pieces, when he dies. Prachina-barhis withdraws to the forest to perform> Tapasya and expiate his sins.> > Coming back, it all started in our group, when I pointed out to the group,> the cruelty we are perpetrating on elephants in the name of religion and God> when we keep them standing in the summer sun from dawn to dusk and again> during the ensuing night. I was watching the TV which was showing the> Trichur Pooram couple of years ago, and I did watch continuously, to see> whether the animals were being properly fed and given drinking water. To my> greatest consternation, I didnt find anything of such sort. Out of those,> two elephants were behaving a bit odd, standing aloof and raising their> trunks as though they are going to trumpet.> > The next day, I read in the papers that two elephants were turning roguish,>

were isolated with punishment of tying tightly with chains, etc.> > It was not my intention to injure anybody's feelings or stand against> celebrating Trichur pooram, etc., and all that i wanted to convey was that> we should prevail upon the organisers to show more kindness to them, put up> a shade to cover the area, give them proper food and water in time.> Unfortunately, many of our own members mistook my observations and came upon> me like a ton of bricks, and I found a like-minded person in our NB Nairji> who supported me wholeheartedly.> > At least, the people attending the Pooram festival can use umbrellas to> protect themselves from the peak heat of summer, but what can the poor> pachiderms with their god-given black skins standing in the hot sun and> absorbing all the heat do? If they protest by trumpeting asking for water,> they are branded "Rogue"

elephants!> > If we travel by road from Palghat to Coimbatore by road during daytime, you> casn see hundreds of poor cows, calves, bullocks, all being tied horn to> horn and transported in lorries to slaughter-houses.> > Talk about SPCA ? They can only tell you how to kill causing minimum pain> to the animals. They are not against cow slaughter or non-vegetarianism.> > It is my opinion that the problem is much much bigger than we all think. We> can see only the tip of the iceberg, as it is not possible to turn all the> NVs to Vs. The day is not far off when the last quadruped is also eaten up> and all the NVs will turn into cannibals and man will eat man.> > I humbly request Shri BCVK and others to give serious thought to all these> aspects before taking any crash decisions.> > Warmest regards> KVG.> > >

> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 7:55 AM, Jayasree Menon <euroanuster@ ...>> wrote:> >> >> >> > Hari Om!> >> >> > Today after seeing Shri KVGji's mail i came to know that there is a> society being formed against killing of animals and protection of them. It> is simply overwhelming! While I have noticed that Shri Panickerji from US> spreads this message alongwith his signature in all the mails, we would need> to have a wider spreading of message like this by forming a society etc. to> strengthen the action and create an awareness among such forces which are> materialistically beyond our reach.> >> > All the best KVGji.> > Om Namo Narayanaya.. ..> >> > 2009/11/19 K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna. kv> >>> >>> >>> >> Dear

BCVK and others,> >> Please give it a simple name, so that anybody who looks at it even for> the first time will be able to understand what it is all about, rather than> looking for the expansion. I suggest some simple name like "ANIMAL> PROTECTION SOCIETY" or "MRUGA-SAMRAKSHANA- SANGHAM" or something to that> effect.> >>> >> Further, we should not forget that there is a SPCA (Society for> Prevention of Cruelty to Animals), already in existence, and we can always> appeal to them. If they are not doing their job, we have to either support> and help them in their endeavours, or if they are not doing their job, we> have to represent to the Animal Welfare Board.> >>> >> We should also remember that as individuals, our voice will never be> heard, but if we form groups at every city in sufficient numbers, we MAY be> effective

in our efforts. So we have to form chapters of the society at> every city and gather names of interested personnel and volunteers.> >> Regards> >> KVG.> >>> >> I feel extremely sorry that I could not be present for the meeting due to> my age and related problems, but I have been following on the write-ups of> members.> >>> >> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 7:47 PM, Venkata krishnan <bcvk71> wrote:> >>>> >>> Dear Rajanganesh and All,> >>> I have thought over and arrieved at a name> for the Website and egroup in English.> >>> Reconstruction and Protection of World and Life Foundation abridged as> RAPOWAL Foundation.Think over this and improve over this.This name covers> every aspect of our ideas.> >>> B.C.VENKATAKRISHNAN .> >>>

e-mail: bcvk71 >>> ____________ _________ _________ __> >>> Kamlesh Nair <veryytterium@ ...>> >>> bcvk71; Rajanganesh. TS;> aaviskar2006@ ...; sunanda.thali@ ...; Krishna;> hrvalid; blueheavenstar@ ...> >>> Thu, November 19, 2009 7:15:44 PM> >>> Fwd: Fw: Climate chief Lord Stern: give up meat to save the> planet> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>> ---------- Forwarded message ----------> >>> Veryytterium <veryytterium@ ...>> >>> Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 4:43 PM> >>> Fw: Climate chief Lord Stern: give up meat to save the planet> >>> veryytterium@ ...> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>> --- On Mon,

10/26/09, Veryytterium <veryytterium@ ...> wrote:> >>>> >>> Veryytterium <veryytterium@ ...>> >>> Climate chief Lord Stern: give up meat to save the planet> >>> guruvayur@grou ps.com> >>> Monday, October 26, 2009, 9:20 PM> >>>> >>> namo narayana> >>>> >>> Respected all,> >>>> >>> As we in this group discuss about the issues of meat eating and animal> abuse, almost concurrently the leaders of the world are discussing about a> very closely related important topic which will impact all us.> >>>> >>> This topic is "Climate Change" which was blamed for the unusual monsoon> patterns this year, creating drought and massive floods at the same time.> This climate change

is attributed to a “MEAT EATING†by intensive factory> farming amongst other man-made factors.> >>>> >>> In intensive factory farming, in order to get the most> meat/eggs/milk/ leather etc. the population of the animals is artificially> increased by techniques such as artificial insemination. This unbalanced> population explosion causes a huge strain on the global natural resources> such a water, grains, plants, electricity etc. The animals are very> inefficient converters of the natural resources into edible protein and this> causes a very high imbalance in the input of natural resources and the> output which is "edible meat" which has a very high “carbon footprintâ€.> >>>> >>> In simple terms, growing crops in a unit of land will yield more> calories of food than if used for meat production, and with the added

bonus> of not polluting the environment. Meat production involves a huge waste of> natural resources as an animal can yield only a fraction of its body mass as> edible meat. Hence meat is a very "High Carbon" food, which places enormous> burdens on the natural ecosystems. While factory farming strips fresh water,> plants, green grass for the animals which could be used to grow crops, the> factory animals themselves emit carbon dioxide, and methane as well as their> process waste thus further harming the environment.> >>>> >>> In an interview with The Times, Lord Stern of Brentford said: “Meat is a> wasteful use of water and creates a lot of greenhouse gases. It puts> enormous pressure on the world’s resources. A vegetarian diet is better.â€> >>>> >>> http://www.timesonl ine.co.uk/ tol/news/ environment/ article6891362. ece> >>>> >>>> http://www.mnn. com/lifestyle/ health/stories/ swedes-begin- labeling- food-emissions> >>>> >>> Our Rishis had always emphasized on Vegetarianism which is ethically,> spiritually, religiously, medically, economically, ecologically highly> advanced than meat-eating.> >>>> >>> Isn’t it surprising that we Hindus ignore the directions given in our> scriptures, but never hesitate to follow the same when preached by the so> called "advanced western" civilization.> >>>> >>> Becoming

Vegetarian will not only save us from flash floods, global> warming and a host of other evils in this life, but will also save us from> the incredible tortures of Hell in the next life, for causing so much> needless suffering and death to innocent animals for our cravings for flesh> and animal products like factory produced milk and eggs.> >>>> >>> Else we shall truly will pay a very high price for our addictions!> >>>> >>> Sarvam Sri Krishnaarpanamastu> >>>> >>> Sincerely,> >>>> >>> Kamlesh> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>> >>> >>> >> --> >> कृषà¥à¤£à¥‡à¤¤à¤¿ मंगलमॠनाम यसà¥à¤¯ वाचि पà¥à¤°à¤µà¤°à¥à¤¤à¤¤à¥‡ |>

>> भसà¥à¤®à¥€à¤­à¤µà¤¨à¥à¤¤à¤¿ तसà¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤¶à¥ महापातककोटयः ||> >> കൃഷàµà´¨àµà´¨àµ†à´¤à´¿ മംഗളം നാമ യസàµà´¯ വാചി à´ªàµà´°à´µà´°àµâ€à´¤àµà´¤à´¤àµ‡> >> ഭാസàµà´®àµ€à´­à´µà´¨àµà´¤à´¿ തസàµà´¯à´¾à´¶àµ മഹാപാതകകൊടയ: .> >>> >> >> >> > --> > Best regards> >> > Jayasree Menon> > Bangalore> > +9900149461> > my blog link: http://www.pythruka m.blogspot. com/> >> ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -> > A well-thought out plan, execution excellence, market timing, personal> leadership are drivers of the growth trajectory.> >> > > > >

--> कृषà¥à¤£à¥‡à¤¤à¤¿ मंगलमॠनाम यसà¥à¤¯ वाचि पà¥à¤°à¤µà¤°à¥à¤¤à¤¤à¥‡ |> भसà¥à¤®à¥€à¤­à¤µà¤¨à¥à¤¤à¤¿ तसà¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤¶à¥ महापातककोटयः ||> കൃഷàµà´¨àµà´¨àµ†à´¤à´¿ മംഗളം നാമ യസàµà´¯ വാചി à´ªàµà´°à´µà´°àµâ€à´¤àµà´¤à´¤àµ‡> ഭാസàµà´®àµ€à´­à´µà´¨àµà´¤à´¿ തസàµà´¯à´¾à´¶àµ മഹാപാതകകൊടയ: .>

-- कृषà¥à¤£à¥‡à¤¤à¤¿ मंगलमॠनाम यसà¥à¤¯ वाचि पà¥à¤°à¤µà¤°à¥à¤¤à¤¤à¥‡ |भसà¥à¤®à¥€à¤­à¤µà¤¨à¥à¤¤à¤¿ तसà¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤¶à¥ महापातककोटयः || കൃഷàµà´¨àµà´¨àµ†à´¤à´¿ മംഗളം നാമ യസàµà´¯ വാചി à´ªàµà´°à´µà´°àµâ€à´¤àµà´¤à´¤àµ‡ ഭാസàµà´®àµ€à´­à´µà´¨àµà´¤à´¿ തസàµà´¯à´¾à´¶àµ മഹാപാതകകൊടയ: .