IndiaDivine.org

Mirror and God

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya

Respected Gurudevs

I had prepared the following some time back and saved in "draft" form and recent postings by our Savithriji gave me "courage" to post it our group.

My special thanks to our Sarojaji for her teachings also.

I felt a strange feeling this morning. We all can see everything with our eyes, but we cannot see our own eyes for that we need a mirror. This brings up couple of points. (1) We can "see" easily others "mistakes" than our own "errors", like a Doctor can "see" other's sickness and try to cure, but to "see" his own sickness needs another doctor. (2) God has given eyes to "look forward" and not backward. That means, God does not want us to remember the past and what ever that has happened has happened and not to worry over that.

When I stood in front of the mirror, I somehow felt I was closer to God. I know, that neither I am, nor Mirror is, "God", but there is God in both. Perhaps that may be the reason, our Sree Narayana Guru installed a "mirror" as God in his temple. Similarly there is no "human God" but God "in every human".

We all know, even medical world confirms, that our body is composed of Fire, Water, Air and Earth occupying in the "space". Thus our body has a limit, while the soul "within" has no shape or limit so also God has no "limit" or "shape". God, has thus created a "customized" body, for each individual "soul" with these components to enter according to its past "karma phala". This is similar to the "kumbhara" or the potter who makes "pots" out of clay, but each pot has its own charactaristics, purposes and length of life though it is made with the same clay, water, and fire. We all are fortunate to be "Humans" as we must have done some "good" karma in the past to enjoy the life unlike other creations of God. When the soul leaves the body, the body is either burned or buried, and the ingredients go to its "moolam" or original components, i.e. Fire, Water Air and

Earth. Human life is so precious that it is granted only after many cycles of births and deaths. Let us make the best use of this opportunity to be free from this cycle of birth and death by reciting HIS nama sankeerthanam which will bring us all close to HIM.

Om Namo Narayanaya

"live and let live"

"They alone live who live for others, rest are more dead than alive"

Dear Chandraji and others,

You are correct about the Mirror dedication by Narayana Gurudevan at one of the

Temples He caused construction. The message was to understand the Self in us.

He also did dedicate 'Aum' and 'Deepam' as deities. If we study the Temple dedications

Gurudevan did, we can see that He was indicating to us the spiritual

progression we should have in our spiritual life.

Some religions say there is only one God.

According to our brahMavidya there is only brahMan. That is why in

daivadeShakam He wrote:

നീയലàµà´²àµ‹ സൃഷàµà´Ÿà´¿à´¯àµà´‚ സൃഷàµà´Ÿà´¾-

വായതàµà´‚ സൃഷàµà´Ÿà´¿à´œà´¾à´²à´µàµà´‚,

നീയലàµà´²àµ‹ ദൈവമേ സൃഷàµà´Ÿà´¿-

à´•àµà´•àµà´³àµà´³ സാമഗàµà´°à´¿à´¯à´¾à´¯à´¤àµà´‚.

Translation:

Thou art Creation, the Creator

And the innumerable creations.

O’ God, art Thou not

The material of creations.

“The wise man beholds all beings in the Self, and the Self

in all beings,†Says Isa Upanishad.

With regards and prayers,

SincerelyUdhayabhanu Panickaraum namaHShivaaya LET US NOT MAKE OUR STOMACH A GRAVEYARD. LET US NOT EAT FLESH.LET US BE VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY. Animals are to be loved, not eaten. Eating flesh is good neither for the mind nor for the intellect, not even for the body. It distorts the basic character of human. --- On Tue, 11/24/09, Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002 wrote:Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002[Guruvayur] Mirror and God"Guruv"

<guruvayur >Tuesday, November 24, 2009, 2:14 PM

Om Namo Narayanaya

Respected Gurudevs

I had prepared the following some time back and saved in "draft" form and recent postings by our Savithriji gave me "courage" to post it our group.

I felt a strange feeling this morning. We all can see everything with our eyes, but we cannot see our own eyes for that we need a mirror. This brings up couple of points. (1) We can "see" easily others "mistakes" than our own "errors", like a Doctor can "see" other's sickness and try to cure, but to "see" his own sickness needs another doctor. (2) God has given eyes to "look forward" and not backward. That means, God does not want us to remember the past and what ever that has happened has happened and not to worry over that.

When I stood in front of the mirror, I somehow felt I was closer to God. I know, that neither I am, nor Mirror is, "God", but there is God in both. Perhaps that may be the reason, our Sree Narayana Guru installed a "mirror" as God in his temple. Similarly there is no "human God" but God "in every human".

We all know, even medical world confirms, that our body is composed of Fire, Water, Air and Earth occupying in the "space". Thus our body has a limit, while the soul "within" has no shape or limit so also God has no "limit" or "shape". God, has thus created a "customized" body, for each individual "soul" with these components to enter according to its past "karma phala". This is similar to the "kumbhara" or the potter who makes "pots" out of clay, but each pot has its own charactaristics, purposes and length of life though it is made with the same clay, water, and fire. We all are fortunate to be "Humans" as we must have done some "good" karma in the past to enjoy the life unlike other creations of God. When the soul leaves the body, the body is either burned or buried, and the ingredients go to its "moolam" or original components, i.e. Fire, Water Air and

Earth. Human life is so precious that it is granted only after many cycles of births and deaths. Let us make the best use of this opportunity to be free from this cycle of birth and death by reciting HIS nama sankeerthanam which will bring us all close to HIM.

Om Namo Narayanaya

"live and let live"

Dear Chandraji,I enjoyed reading your excellent article. You have brought out some great truths.Kathopanishad says that God made our sense organs-- eye, ear, etc. experience only external objects. They are therefore not capable of knowing the Atma or self which is within us. For knowing the self we have to withdraw our senses from external objects and concentrate the mind on the Atma. Each individual has a subtle body in which the knowledge acquired, karmaphala and vaasanas are stored. On death this subtle body leaves the physical body and goes to other world according to its karma. This subtle body is what you have referred to as the soul. It is then born again in this world with a new physical body. This cycle of births and deaths goes on until the person gets Self-knowledge and becomes liberated. S.N.Sastri--- On Wed, 11/25/09,

Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002 wrote:Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002[Guruvayur] Mirror and God"Guruv" <guruvayur >Wednesday, November 25, 2009, 12:44 AM

Om Namo Narayanaya

Respected Gurudevs

Om Namo Narayanaya

"live and let live"