IndiaDivine.org

Ekadasi - did you observe? share you experience.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

yes i did observe ekadashi fast yesterday...i also visited kochu guruvayur temple in the evening...

hare krishna

nisha raj

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage.

Hare krishna & Dandavat pranam to all Guruvayoor devotees,

Yes prabhuji ,I observed Guruvayoor Ekadasi with Nirjal ( without water) up to sun set and had some prasadam like nuts, fruits and milk etc without any grain then break on dwadasi day around 7 am . We had recited Bagvath gita all slokes in 18 chapters and chanted Hare krishna Maha manthra several times on the beed and cliker with Harekrishna devotees in Satsung at Sharjah.

Your Humble servant ,

Savatha krishna das ( Sasi Menon - Guruvayoor) --- On Sun, 29/11/09, Jayasree Menon <euroanuster wrote:

Jayasree Menon <euroanusterRe: [Guruvayur] Ekadasi - did you observe? share you experience.guruvayur Date: Sunday, 29 November, 2009, 9:56 AM

Hari Om !

Dear Sunilji...

We at our house comprising of my mother, husband and my daughter who is down in Bangalore from Dubai for her delivery had observed Ekadasi. While we had to observe on the previous day the "Orikkal Oonu" and Ekadasi yesterday and Dwadasi today.

Every year on Guruvayoor Ekadasi day it is my mother's birthday too. So we observe Ekadasi with an addition of a payasam without using rice. We made Parippu Pradhaman yesterday. As usual, I had my prayers starting with Vishnu Sahasra Namam and Narayaneeyam (min. 3 Dasakams) a sitting and praying. Thereafter my way of chanting is while cooking in the kitchen throughout which also took place.

Can we have others' experiences?

2009/11/29 Sunil M <menon_sunil@ >

Dear GuruDevs,Hope everyone had the blessing of observing the Ekadasi in your own way. Please share your personal experience of the day and how you observed the same for rest of us to learn.I was glad to get some Thulasi leaves on Ekadasi day from a friend's home. Om Namo Narayanaya:Sunil

-- Best regardsJayasree MenonBangaloremy blog link: http://www.pythruka m.blogspot. com/------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----A well-thought out plan, execution excellence, market timing, personal leadership are drivers of the growth trajectory.

Dear Devotees & Gurudevs

So happy to share the Ekadashi experience with all even though nothing to learn from mine. I am in Dubai observed Ekadashi on Saturday. Started the day with lighting the lamp before Krishna in my room. Then gone for usual holiday jogging on creek side, completed 16 round chanting Hare Krishna Mahamantra there. This really nice experience to chant in morning at creek side in very fresh air, away from the crowd, pollution, & noise of a busy place. Then visit to Krishna temple near by. Also read some part of Narayaneeyam & Bagvad Geetha. Waiting for next Guruvayoor Ekadashi to observe it in more perfect & spiritual way as mentioned in Manikantanji's mail.

With Prayers

Sujesh.

--- On Sun, 11/29/09, Sunil M <menon_sunil wrote:

Sunil M <menon_sunil[Guruvayur] Ekadasi - did you observe? share you experience.guruvayur Date: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 6:56 AM

Dear GuruDevs,Hope everyone had the blessing of observing the Ekadasi in your own way. Please share your personal experience of the day and how you observed the same for rest of us to learn.I was glad to get some Thulasi leaves on Ekadasi day from a friend's home. Om Namo Narayanaya:Sunil

Hare KrishnaThis year it was really a wonderful Ekadassi. We observed Ekadassi with Fasting. Here We have holidas for Bhakrid. so all our Devotees planned to celebrate Gita Jayanthi by Chanting Bagawat-Gita, we started at 9.00 AM and completed by 1.00 PM with One round Mahamanthra Chanting and Arati. It was a great experience for all of us.

Your ServantManiOn Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 8:38 AM, nisha raj <nishuraj123 wrote:

yes i did observe ekadashi fast yesterday...i also visited kochu guruvayur temple in the evening...

hare krishna

nisha raj

-- At the present moment our minds are polluted with the dirt accumulated over millions and millions of lifetimes of sense gratification. Even though our original pure nature is eternal, full of knowledge, and full of bliss, due to our mental contamination we are presently suffering in the realm of temporality, ignorance, and misery. By the purificatory process of chanting the holy names of God we can revive our original, pure nature and thus relish the sweetest happiness at every minute.

Chant:Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare

Om Namo NarayanayaI was lucky to go to our Balaji temple and had beautiful Darsan of Abishekam of Lord and come back at home to do Vishnu Sahasra Namam.Sorry I could not fastOm Namo Bhagavathe VasuDevaya --- On Sat, 11/28/09, Sunil M <menon_sunil wrote:Sunil M <menon_sunil[Guruvayur] Ekadasi - did you observe? share you experience.guruvayur Date: Saturday, November 28, 2009, 5:26 PM

Dear GuruDevs,

Hope everyone had the blessing of observing the Ekadasi in your own way. Please share your personal experience of the day and how you observed the same for rest of us to learn.

I was glad to get some Thulasi leaves on Ekadasi day from a friend's home.

Om Namo Narayanaya:

Sunil

Dear all,

Thanks to my guruvayoorappan...i was able to observe Ekadasi in a good manner. As we here in Dubai was having a holiday due to Eid i spend my time sitting in home and read the Narayaneeyam completely starting from morning and finishing in the evening. Morning i went to Krishna temple and sitting in that wonderful atmosphere chanted Vishnu sahsranamam and other namams.

It was really a blessing to have a holiday and was able to spend in HIS world.....

May Guruvayurappan bless all and bring peace and kindness to the world...

Om Namo Narayanaya

Om Namo Bhaghavathe Vasudevaya

Regards

Arun Sasi 

On 11/29/09, Sunil M <menon_sunil wrote:

Dear GuruDevs,Hope everyone had the blessing of observing the Ekadasi in your own way. Please share your personal experience of the day and how you observed the same for rest of us to learn.I was glad to get some Thulasi leaves on Ekadasi day from a friend's home.

Om Namo Narayanaya:Sunil

-- AS

Namaskarams to all,

This Guruvayur Ekadasi i was in Mumbai in the sannidhanam of Mulund Guruvayurappan.

Now i am not living in bombay. We had some work and I did not even see calendar and had booked the return ticket on 28th leaving mubai at 11 am by kanyakumari express. This i had booked well 45 days before [in 3tier AC] sure to get it cofirmed before coming. i called my friend to tell her that i am coming on 22nd. she said you have to be here for G. ekadasi. i asked her when is the day. she said 28th then i said oh god my ticket is on that day around 11 i cannot even recite one chapter of narayaneeyam in front of guruvayurappan. i told her that my ticket is not yet comfirmed . then she said that your ticket should not get confirmed that will be my prayer. After reaching mumbai i booked in thathkal for 28th evening 8.30pm Madras express and went to cancel our ticket[both my hasband's and mine] the ticket has not moved one bit. our waiting no was 2 and 3. so we did not even lose much. on ekadasi day my friend and myself went

early to the temple to catch a place for narayaneeya laksharchana that is we put pushpam for each stanza in front of vilakku. we got place and we did some serivce of tulasi cleaning and did the puja till end.

Narayaneeyam got over by 5.40 pm evening. immediatly we returned home. got taxi and reached dadar around 7.30 luckily there was road traffic also.thus i had a very satisfying Guruvayur ekadasi. For the Ekadasi before this we were in guruvayur sannidhanam. i did not have the slightest dream that i will be in front of mulund guruvayurappan for this day.

regds and namaskarams to all

meena sahasranaman--- On Sat, 11/28/09, Sunil M <menon_sunil wrote:

Sunil M <menon_sunil[Guruvayur] Ekadasi - did you observe? share you experience.guruvayur Date: Saturday, November 28, 2009, 8:26 PM

Dear Sunilji and other Gurudevs,

It was a woderful day. Since last few months I have been observing all the

Ekadasis. This is my first Guruvayoor Ekadasi vratham. With Guruvayoorappans

blessings this Ekadasi falls on a holiday here in Kuwait. So I got more time in chanting

the namas and reading.

The day started before Sunrise with usual prayers and chanting

Vishnu Sahasranamam and Dasakam 1,3 and 100 from Narayaneeyam.

The day went fast by listening audios of Jnanappana, Narayaneeyam and Bhagawath Geetha.

And when I open the mail, I saw the surprising news of 2nd Koti Nama Japam. Immediately

posted the usual 108 Namams and after that typed another 1080 Namams of Om Namo

Narayanaya. Then participate in Swamiye Sharanam Ayyappa blog, and Shiva bhakthi blog

nama japams. Again in the evening chanted Vishnusahasra Namam and 1,3 and 100 Dasakams

from our Balenduji's "Neythiri".

On Dwadasi day before Sunrise started my morning prayers

and chanted Vishnusahasra namam and Dasakam 100 of Narayaneeyam, after that

had my break-fast.

Due to some health problems I could not observe fasting in the strict sence. So I consume 3 glasses

of water during the whole fasting time. May Bhagwan forgive me for my mistakes.

Om Namo Narayanaya.

Regards and Prayers

Sajan.

Sunil M <menon_sunilguruvayur Sent: Sun, November 29, 2009 4:26:38 AM[Guruvayur] Ekadasi - did you observe? share you experience.

Dear Sunilji,

Last year for guruvayoor Ekadeshi, we were in Guruvayoor. It was wonderful.

This year we were very lucky to have guruvayoor ekadeshi on saturday, (as it was Eid holiday in Dubai), so that we can sit at home and do the chanting peacefully, It was really very great, Myself & husband got up before sunrise, had a very good meditation for 1 hour and after that we went to krishna temple & shiva temple. Afterwards, we had chanting of vishnu sahrsanamam and narayaneeyam. We didnt take any rice, but had only fruits & milk.

This time, from Nov16th to Nov.27th , we had a discourse on bhagwatham ( how to apply in your daily life) by Swami Udit Chaitanya. We are thankful to our Lord Guruvayoorappan, as we were able to attend the discourse regularly, which was really uplifting for the sincere seekers. May lord bless all of us, to remember about him always and to surrender ourselves at his lotus feet.

with prayers

Manju--- On Sun, 29/11/09, Sunil M <menon_sunil wrote:

Sunil M <menon_sunil[Guruvayur] Ekadasi - did you observe? share you experience.guruvayur Date: Sunday, 29 November, 2009, 6:56 AM

Dear brothers and sistersActually i visit chimaya mission in bangalore regularly and we had arranged for reading of bhagwat gita. since my son and husband were busy they told me it was not advisable  for me to go alone. Iwas very much upset and praying to lord krishna that somehow  he should make me atleast visit the temple for the final chapter.All this was going on in my mind the previous day and i went to bed as usual and got upearly the next morning. My husband too got up had his wash and came to the kitchen as i was preparing  coffee  he told me there was gita chanting just at the corner of my street and there was  a call in the night to pass on the information. my joy knew no bounds .

i observed the fast and also did gita parayanam.hare krishnakala srinivasan   on, Nov 30, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Sajan Sukumaran <sajan_sukumaran wrote:

Dear Sunilji and other Gurudevs,

It was a woderful day. Since last few months I have been observing all the

Ekadasis. This is my first Guruvayoor Ekadasi vratham. With Guruvayoorappans

blessings this Ekadasi falls on a holiday here in Kuwait. So I got more time in chanting

the namas and reading.

The day started before Sunrise with usual prayers and chanting

Vishnu Sahasranamam and Dasakam 1,3 and 100 from Narayaneeyam.

The day went fast by listening audios of Jnanappana, Narayaneeyam and Bhagawath Geetha.

And when I open the mail, I saw the surprising news of 2nd Koti Nama Japam. Immediately

posted the usual 108 Namams and after that typed another 1080 Namams of Om Namo

Narayanaya. Then participate in Swamiye Sharanam Ayyappa blog, and Shiva bhakthi blog

nama japams. Again in the evening chanted Vishnusahasra Namam and 1,3 and 100 Dasakams

from our Balenduji's " Neythiri " .

On Dwadasi day before Sunrise started my morning prayers

and chanted Vishnusahasra namam and Dasakam 100 of Narayaneeyam, after that

had my break-fast.  

Due to some health problems I could not observe fasting in the strict sence. So I consume 3 glasses

of water during the whole fasting time. May Bhagwan forgive me for my mistakes.

Om Namo Narayanaya.

Regards and Prayers

Sajan.

Sunil M <menon_sunilguruvayur

Sun, November 29, 2009 4:26:38 AM[Guruvayur] Ekadasi - did you observe? share you experience.

Dear GuruDevs,Hope everyone had the blessing of observing the Ekadasi in your own way. Please share your personal experience of the day and how you observed the same for rest of us to learn.

I was glad to get some Thulasi leaves on Ekadasi day from a friend's home. Om Namo Narayanaya:Sunil

Dear GuruDevs,

I am very glad to read and know about everyone's Ekadasi experience. Thank you

to everyone who shared their Ekadasi details as we learned a lot and enjoyed it.

It is always a great pleasure to know that we are not alone in remote places

around the world while celebrating Ekadasi and other important days.

I would like to add our combined experience to Navaneetham and keep as document

so that we all can take examples from others in future Ekadasis and fasting.

I would have liked more of you to share your Ekadasi experience as this is the

most IMPORTANT part of being a Guruvayoorappa Bhakthan. Also a chance for many

to participate in the group discussion.

If anyone has any issue with publishing their experience in Navaneetham, please

let me know. If anyone would like to add their Ekadasi experience, do send the

same to the group or to me.

Thank you again everyone. May Guruvayoorappan bless you always.

Om Namo Narayanaya:

Sunil

guruvayur , Jayasree Menon <euroanuster wrote:

>

> Hari Om !

>

> Dear Sunilji...

>

> We at our house comprising of my mother, husband and my daughter who is down

> in Bangalore from Dubai for her delivery had observed Ekadasi. While we had

> to observe on the previous day the " Orikkal Oonu " and Ekadasi yesterday and

> Dwadasi today.

> Every year on Guruvayoor Ekadasi day it is my mother's birthday too. So we

> observe Ekadasi with an addition of a payasam without using rice. We made

> Parippu Pradhaman yesterday. As usual, I had my prayers starting with

> Vishnu Sahasra Namam and Narayaneeyam (min. 3 Dasakams) a sitting and

> praying. Thereafter my way of chanting is while cooking in the kitchen

> throughout which also took place.

>

> Can we have others' experiences?

>

>

>

> 2009/11/29 Sunil M <menon_sunil

>

> >

> >

> > Dear GuruDevs,

> >

> > Hope everyone had the blessing of observing the Ekadasi in your own way.

> > Please share your personal experience of the day and how you observed the

> > same for rest of us to learn.

> >

> > I was glad to get some Thulasi leaves on Ekadasi day from a friend's home.

> >

> > Om Namo Narayanaya:

> > Sunil

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

> --

> Best regards

>

> Jayasree Menon

> Bangalore

>

> my blog link: http://www.pythrukam.blogspot.com/

>

--

> A well-thought out plan, execution excellence, market timing, personal

> leadership are drivers of the growth trajectory.

>