IndiaDivine.org

Namasthe- Stupidity and intelligence

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear all,

I am sharing a story told by Swami Bhodanandaji during one of his inspiring talks.

Once Bernard Shaw decided to spend a few days in a country side near beautiful mountains and rivers. Everyday he went for a walk in the morning to enjoy the beauty of the pristine nature around him. One day, as he was walking, he came near a very narrow bridge built across  a small stream. Only one person could walk at one time and Bernard Shaw just got on one side of the bridge. When he started walking, he saw that another young guy also had stepped on to the bridge from the other side. Bernard Shaw was much older and so he was expecting the youngster to give way to him. Instead, the young and arrogant guy shouted at the top of his voice: " Move away, I do not want to give way to an old, stupid man. "

Bernard Shaw heard this and slowly got off from the bridge and said: " I do want to give way to a young, stupid man. "

May Bhagavaan's grace change the stupidity in us into shining intelligence supported by the power of discrimination.

Regards and prayers

Savitri