IndiaDivine.org

Reply on Ekadesi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear devotees,

Very glad to read about your experiences during the Great Ekadesi day. One of the messages i found that he/she got Thulasi leaves on Ekadesi Day. As a matter of fact

that on Ekadesi day Thulasi Devi also fasts so we shoul not water Thulasi plants or pluck leaves. On Dwadasi day also you should not pluck the leaves as Thulasi Devi is tired and we should not hurt her.

Also maxium to fast the whole day till late evening and try to take only fruits and milk. T next day try to take more leaves for lunch. You can also go to the websites and check the details on fasting. I noticed in kerala people eat wheat instead of rise. Better we avoid that also.

I admire every one who fasts on Ekadesi and surely we will be blessed by Lorrd NARAYANA.

HARI OOM.

PRATAP--- On Tue, 12/1/09, guruvayur <guruvayur > wrote:

guruvayur <guruvayur >[Guruvayur] Digest Number 2192[1 Attachment]guruvayur Date: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 1:36 PM

Guruvayur

Messages In This Digest (15 Messages)

1a.

Re: Ekadasi - did you observe? share you experience. Manju ambady

1b.

Re: Ekadasi - did you observe? share you experience. sashikala srinivasan

Holy Names - Our Precious Gift manikantan

ENGINE TROBLE? balagopal ramakrishnan

Bhakthi rathnakara-Meera 1.7 The turning point Saroja

Srila Prabhupada speaks on November 30 manikantan

6a.

Namasthe- Three words and Gita Savitri Puram

6b.

Re: Namasthe- Three words and Gita Udayabhanu Panickar

Temple Prayers and Mantras manikantan

Fw: [Guruvayur] Namasthe- Symbolism in Kuchelavruttham jayasankar vattekkat

dharmam in our ithihasangal Udayabhanu Panickar

Dhvadasi samarpaNam Chandra Menon

THRIKKARTHIKA gopalkrishna25

Have Nothing To Complain About manikantan

blog.. anuradha iyer

View All Topics | Create New Topic

1a.

Re: Ekadasi - did you observe? share you experience.

Posted by: "Manju ambady" manju_ambady manju_ambady

Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:43 am (PST)

Dear Sunilji, Last year for guruvayoor Ekadeshi, we were in Guruvayoor. It was wonderful. This year we were very lucky to have guruvayoor ekadeshi on saturday, (as it was Eid holiday in Dubai), so that we can sit at home and do the chanting peacefully, It was really very great, Myself & husband got up before sunrise, had a very good meditation for 1 hour and after that we went to krishna temple & shiva temple. Afterwards, we had chanting of vishnu sahrsanamam and narayaneeyam. We didnt take any rice, but had only fruits & milk. This time, from Nov16th to Nov.27th , we had a discourse on bhagwatham ( how to apply in your daily life) by Swami Udit Chaitanya. We are thankful to our Lord Guruvayoorappan, as we were able to attend the discourse regularly, which was

really uplifting for the sincere seekers. May lord bless all of us, to remember about him always and to surrender ourselves at his lotus feet. with prayersManju--- On Sun, 29/11/09, Sunil M <menon_sunil@ > wrote:Sunil M <menon_sunil@ >[Guruvayur] Ekadasi - did you observe? share you experience.guruvayur@grou ps.comSunday, 29 November, 2009, 6:56 AM Dear

GuruDevs,Hope everyone had the blessing of observing the Ekadasi in your own way. Please share your personal experience of the day and how you observed the same for rest of us to learn.I was glad to get some Thulasi leaves on Ekadasi day from a friend's home. Om Namo Narayanaya:SunilThe INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage. http://in.. com/

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (12)

1b.

Posted by: "sashikala srinivasan" sashikalasrinivasan sashikala57

Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:48 am (PST)

Dear brothers and sistersActually i visit chimaya mission in bangalore regularly and we had arrangedfor reading of bhagwat gita. since my son and husband were busy they told meit was not advisable for me to go alone. Iwas very much upset and prayingto lord krishna that somehow he should make me atleast visit the temple forthe final chapter.All this was going on in my mind the previous day and iwent to bed as usual and got upearly the next morning. My husband too got uphad his wash and came to the kitchen as i was preparing coffee he told methere was gita chanting just at the corner of my street and there was acall in the night to pass on the information. my joy knew no bounds .i observed the fast and also did gita parayanam.hare krishnakala srinivasanon, Nov 30, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Sajan Sukumaran <sajan_sukumaran@ >wrote:>>> Dear Sunilji and other Gurudevs,>> It was a woderful day. Since last few months I have been observing all the> Ekadasis. This is my first Guruvayoor Ekadasi vratham. With> Guruvayoorappans> blessings this Ekadasi falls on a holiday here in Kuwait. So I got more> time in chanting> the namas and reading.> The day started before Sunrise with usual prayers and chanting> Vishnu Sahasranamam and Dasakam 1,3 and 100 from Narayaneeyam.> The day went fast by listening audios of Jnanappana, Narayaneeyam and> Bhagawath Geetha.> And when I open the mail, I saw the surprising news of 2nd Koti Nama Japam.> Immediately> posted the usual 108 Namams and

after that typed another 1080 Namams of> Om Namo> Narayanaya. Then participate in Swamiye Sharanam Ayyappa blog, and Shiva> bhakthi blog> nama japams. Again in the evening chanted Vishnusahasra Namam and 1,3 and> 100 Dasakams> from our Balenduji's "Neythiri".>> On Dwadasi day before Sunrise started my morning prayers> and chanted Vishnusahasra namam and Dasakam 100 of Narayaneeyam, after that> had my break-fast.>> Due to some health problems I could not observe fasting in the strict> sence. So I consume 3 glasses> of water during the whole fasting time. May Bhagwan forgive me for my> mistakes.>> Om Namo Narayanaya.> Regards and Prayers>> Sajan.>> ------------ --------- ---------> ** Sunil M <menon_sunil@ >> *To:* guruvayur@grou ps.com> *Sent:* Sun, November 29, 2009 4:26:38 AM>> *Subject:* [Guruvayur] Ekadasi - did you observe? share you experience.>>>> Dear GuruDevs,>>> Hope everyone had the blessing of observing the Ekadasi in your own way.> Please share your personal experience of the day and how you observed the> same for rest of us to learn.>> I was glad to get some Thulasi leaves on Ekadasi day from a friend's home.>> Om Namo Narayanaya:> Sunil>>>>>

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (12)

Holy Names - Our Precious Gift

Posted by: "manikantan" manikantank koottala

Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:45 am (PST)

<http://japagroup. blogspot. com/2009/ 11/holy-names- our-precious- gift.html? utm_source= feedburner & utm_medium= email><http://1.bp. blogspot. com/_OIEBhJkLZT4 /SxMQNxVQYnI/ AAAAAAAAEgQ/ k4Wew9W7d5A/ s1600/Harinama2. jpg>Hare Krsna dear devotees, I hope your week of chanting has been focused anddedicated to the holy names of the Lord.Here in Brazil it's Spring with hot weather and rain all the time, lookingoutside the window I can see grey sky and a cool breeze coming. Reminds meof the farm temple I used to live, always very

fresh weather.The boys are there playing soccer in the rain....they have already chantedtheir rounds, made some bhajan and took nice prasadam served to the Deitiesof Gaura Nitai today. Kesava is becoming a good cook he helped me with themango ice cream, Gouranga Potatoes, Byriani Rice, Banana Lassi and PeaSamosas. The preparations came out well and is very purifying to ourspiritual life always engage our minds in service during the day.These days I consider my japa average, even though I wake up early to chant,listen about good tips for chanting and meditate on the holy names I think Ineed to give more of myself. We usually make so many plans in our lives andnot always they are fully connected to our spiritual lives improvement orour japa.Why do we have this tendency to put everything first then later ourjapa....this is incorrectbecause our japa needs to be priority and ifchanting is strong

the whole day is going to be peaceful and focused in ouraim which is service to the lotus feet of the vaisnavas and Krsna.All starts by being grateful we have the holy names, our precious jewel andthe devotees to serve - we have this philosophy and also inner strength togo on with our spiritual lives....intelligen ce to distinguish between whatis favourable and what is unfavourable to devotional service and mainlyunderstand Krsnas plans to our lives.This japa group is loaded with wonderful tips from the devotees and we areso blessed by their association. I would like to thank them for the niceservice and ask them to bless my life so I can go on with my service.May you all have a wonderful week and be able to chant with your heart forthe pleasure of the Supreme.your servant,Aruna devi4 Tips Before ChantingJapa<http://japagroup. blogspot. com/2009/ 11/4-tips- before-chanting- japa.html? utm_source= feedburner & utm_medium= email><http://2.bp. blogspot. com/_OIEBhJkLZT4 /SxICzD31zxI/ AAAAAAAAEgA/ gOf0L-EFBbQ/ s1600/japa15. jpg>Here are some handy tips before you start chanting Japa:- First of all, make sure you are not tired.- Make sure you have proper pronunciation.- Make sure you are not being distracted by anything.- Then fix on your concentration.Taken from www.iskcon.com<http://www.iskcon. com/basics/ chantingexercise

s.html>-- At the present moment our minds are polluted with the dirt accumulated overmillions and millions of lifetimes of sense gratification. Even though ouroriginal pure nature is eternal, full of knowledge, and full of bliss, dueto our mental contamination we are presently suffering in the realm oftemporality, ignorance, and misery. By the purificatory process of chantingthe holy names of God we can revive our original, pure nature and thusrelish the sweetest happiness at every minute.Chant:Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (1)

ENGINE TROBLE?

Posted by: "balagopal ramakrishnan" rbalpal rbalpal

HARI AUM Below is what Swami Chinmayanandaji said about BG Ch. 14. "This chapter is an exhaustive hand-book of instructions explaining the working of the subtle body and providing us with some tips as to how we can re-adjust ourselves when the inner mechanisms get choked up and starts misfiring. If a man, totally ignorant of the behaviour and nature of the machine under bonnet, were to drive a car wishing to make a long pilgrimage, he may not have a very pleasant journey if and when the engine starts mis-behaving. On the other hand, if he be an experienced driver, knowing the nature and behaviour of the engine, he can immediately stop the car, open the bonnet, readjust the machine and drive on towards the goal. ...This chapter is very important for all seekers."The INTERNET now has a

personality. YOURS! See your Homepage. http://in.. com/

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (1)

Bhakthi rathnakara-Meera 1.7 The turning point

Posted by: "Saroja" sarojram18 sarojram18

Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:46 am (PST)

Bhakthirathnakara- Meera 1.7-The turning pointMeera sang `thum suno dhayaaL mein araji, `bhoosaagar meinbahijaat hun,' "Oh Lord, you are compassionate . Hear my prayer.I am drowning in the ocean of samsar." `Yo sansaar sage nahikoi,' "I have no one in this world." Crying piteouslyMeera feel at the feet of Giridhari and a flower fell on her from Hisgarland. She looked at Him and forgot her anguish seeing His bewitchingsmile and started singing and dancing again. mhaaro man har lenyaaranachor , she sang, " my Ranachor has captivated my heart." Shesaw Him with His peacock feathers on his head, an umbrella over His headand the earrings which dangle beautifully when He played the flute andshe forgot the world and her misery.Giridhari had decided to cut off her bondage and make her His own. Butthe gold

must be purified by going through the ordeal of fire. This iswhat happened to Meera. She underwent an ordeal equal to that ofPrahlada. She was sent a basket with a cobra inside under the pretextthat it contained flowers and when she opened it proved to be exactly soby the grace of the Lord. She was asked to drink the poison which couldnot harm her. The bed of thorns which was sent to her as punishmentturned into a bed of roses. Then she was left alone for sometime. Meerahappily resumed her singing. She sang `vish ka pyaalaa raNaajeenebhejaa peevatha Meera hansi re pag gungurubandh meeraa naachi re'meaning that Ranaji has sent poison but Meera drank it and laughed.Meera is dancing tying the bells around her ankles. She said raNaji nejaharadhiyomheu jaani kjaiseykaancahn dhahath again main nikasatbaarabaani , "Ranaji I know, has given me poison but as the goldemerges form the fire with more brightness my

love for Giridhari hasbecome stronger after drinking the poison."Just as the fragrance of a flower could not be shut out, the fame ofMeera and her devotion spread far and wide, and it reached the ears ofthe Mogul emperor Akbar.Akbar was known to be unprejudiced with respect to religion and herespected holy men of all faith. He heard Tansen, his court musiciansinging the bajan of Meera and was impressed by it. He wished to seeMeera but Tansen told him that it was impossible since she is the queenof Mewar and the rajput kings of Mewar and regions around it were hisenemies. But Akbar was determined and asked him to find a way. Tansensuggested that they could go there disguised as sannyasis and both ofthem reached Mewar in the disguise of sadhus and went to the templewhere Meera was singing bajans along with other sadhus. Akbar wasawestruck with her devotion and the sweetness of her music and

met herafter the bajan was over and everyone had left and told her that theycame from Brindavan. Meera being innocent was overwhelmed on theirmention of Brindavan and talked with them. Akbar gave her a veryvaluable gem necklace to be adorned on her Giridhari.Even though Akbar was disguised the news of his coming to the temple andhaving touched her feet and presented her a gem necklace reached theears of Rana who became mad with anger. He remonstrated with Meera forhaving seen the sworn enemy of the Rajputs who replied that they weresadhus. Meera was terrified by his anger. Rana ordered the temple to bedemolished, which broke her heart. She cried hari thum haryo jan kibheer, "Hari you removed the troubles of your devotees likeGajendra, Draupadhi and Prahlada. Now you save me from my trouble." And when Rana told her to go and drown herself, she went straight to theriver and entered

in.

Srila Prabhupada speaks on November 30

PRABHUPADA'S QUOTE OF THE DAY"If you do not understand somebody, how you can love him? Love is far, faraway. But Caitanya Mahaprabhu is so kind that He is distributingKrishna-prema: "Take, anyone. Come on.Bombay, November 30, 1974--- At the present moment our minds are polluted with the dirt accumulated overmillions and millions of lifetimes of sense gratification. Even though ouroriginal pure nature is eternal, full of knowledge, and full of bliss, dueto our mental contamination we are presently suffering in the realm oftemporality, ignorance, and misery. By the purificatory process of chantingthe holy names of God we can revive our original, pure nature and thusrelish the sweetest happiness at every minute.Chant:Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama, Hare

Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group |

Reply via web post Messages in this topic (1)

6a.

Namasthe- Three words and Gita

Posted by: "Savitri Puram" savitriopuram savitriopuram

Dear all,There are 18 chapaters in Bhagavad Gita and they are divided in to threeshadkaas or to three groups containing six chapters in each group. .These three groups represents the three words of the Upanishadic statement"That Thvam Asi" or "That Thou Art".Word "Tvam" is illustrated by Karma Yogam, word "That" is illlustrated byBhakthi Yogam and word "Asi" is illustrated by Njaana Yogam. During Karmayogam and Bhakthi Yogam, a sadhaka retains the concept of duality, that is,God and I, where as Njaana Yogam takes saadhaka beyond dwaitham or Dualityto Advaitham or Non-duality. Saadhaka merges with the ParmaathmaChaithanyam. When one goes beyond the states of "tvam" and "that", he goesbeyond Kaalam or time of Bhoota-vartthamaana -bhaavi or past-present- future.This stage is beyond all three Gunaas, all

three time frames, all threestates Jaagrath, Sswapnam, Sushupthi (or waking, dream and deep sleep) andBhagavaan advises Arjuna and all of us to reach the Thuriya or the fourthstate of bliss through the steps of selfless actions and sincere love ofGod and all of His creation.Upanishaadic statement "That Tvam Asi" is an easy formula for us to rememberthe essence of the 700 slokaas of Bhgavad Gita.(based on an article in Bhakthapriya by Narayanana Pisharody)Regards and prayerssavitri

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (2)

6b.

Re: Namasthe- Three words and Gita

Posted by: "Udayabhanu Panickar" udhayabhanupanickar udhayabhanupanickar

Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:36 pm (PST)

Savitriji,A very gigantic THANK YOU.SincerelyUdhayabhanu Panickaraum namaHShivaaya LET US NOT MAKE OUR STOMACH A GRAVEYARD. LET US NOT EAT FLESH.LET US BE VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY. Animals are to be loved, not eaten. Eating flesh is good neither for the mind nor for the intellect, not even for the body. It distorts the basic character of human. --- On Mon, 11/30/09, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com> wrote:Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com>[Guruvayur] Namasthe-

Three words and GitaMonday, November 30, 2009, 4:08 AM Dear all, There are 18 chapaters in Bhagavad Gita and they are divided in to three shadkaas or to three groups containing six chapters in each group. . These three groups represents the three words of the Upanishadic statement "That Thvam Asi" or "That Thou Art". Word "Tvam" is illustrated by Karma Yogam, word "That" is illlustrated by Bhakthi Yogam and word "Asi" is illustrated by Njaana Yogam. During Karma yogam and Bhakthi Yogam, a sadhaka retains the concept of duality, that is, God and I, where as Njaana Yogam takes saadhaka beyond dwaitham or Duality to Advaitham or Non-duality. Saadhaka merges with the Parmaathma Chaithanyam. When one goes beyond the states of "tvam" and "that", he goes beyond Kaalam or time of Bhoota-vartthamaana -bhaavi or past-present- future. This stage is beyond all three

Gunaas, all three time frames, all three states Jaagrath, Sswapnam, Sushupthi (or waking, dream and deep sleep) and Bhagavaan advises Arjuna and all of us to reach the Thuriya or the fourth state of bliss through the steps of selfless actions and sincere love of God and all of His creation. Upanishaadic statement "That Tvam Asi" is an easy formula for us to remember the essence of the 700 slokaas of Bhgavad Gita. (based on an article in Bhakthapriya by Narayanana Pisharody) Regards and prayers savitri

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (2)

Temple Prayers and Mantras

Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:47 am (PST)

*Hare Krishna****This is the site address where you can get all the prayers and Mantrasrecited in the temple with their meaning.**Temple mantra guide**** *http://causelessmer cy.com/TMG. htm?t=3818At the present moment our minds are polluted with the dirt accumulated overmillions and millions of lifetimes of sense gratification. Even though ouroriginal pure nature is eternal, full of knowledge, and full of bliss, dueto our mental contamination we are presently suffering in the realm oftemporality, ignorance, and misery. By the purificatory process of chantingthe holy names of God we can revive our original, pure nature and thusrelish the sweetest happiness at every minute.Chant:Hare

Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare

Fw: [Guruvayur] Namasthe- Symbolism in Kuchelavruttham

Posted by: "jayasankar vattekkat" vinodvattekkat vinodvattekkat

Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:49 am (PST)

à´’à´°àµà´ªà´¿à´Ÿà´¿ അവലàµà´®à´¾à´¯àµ ജനàµà´®à´™àµà´™àµ¾ താണàµà´Ÿà´¿..........http://api.ning. com e5jczF0ZkzP* 8TtgCjcUf4rJW- D9YPbGSH36hBO6Qx Pp3agycioDv8PTdN wghT-MgCR5KLXNI4 3SAb78qvuLaxoB5R 52DqNl/krishnaku chela.jpg --- On Fri, 20/11/09, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com> wrote:Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com>[Guruvayur] Namasthe- Symbolism in KuchelavrutthamFriday, 20 November, 2009, 5:19 PM Dear all, 1.The name Sudama. This word means one who is bound by the rope of different karmaas. (daamam is rope) 2. Sudama got the name Kuchelan because his poverty sometimes forced him to wear not- so- clean clothes or Kuthsitha chela. (he did not even have another one to wear when the one he was wearing was being washed and dried) 3. Four handfuls of rice flakes or Poha (avil in Malayalam) stand for Dharmam, arthham, kaamam and Moksham. 4. The rice with husk (before making into flakes) represents karmabeejam or seed of actions. In the right environment it will sprout. To avoid that, with great effort it was made into flakes and tied in a bag so

that no more karmaas will sprout from those seeds. 5. This bag of flakes also represents the warmth of his friendship with Lord Krishna. It is not appropriate to visit Lord with empty hands. 6. Lord Krishna who is Dwaraka vaasin is Kshethrajnan or one who dwells in every body's heart. Now let us put the story together: One who is bound by the karmaas (sudaama and all of us), with great effort and intense devotion transformed the seeds of all his Dharma, arthha, kaama and moksha kaamya karmaas or result oriented actions, into nishkaama karmaas (with out expecting results) or flakes that would never sprout, tied in a bag and offered at the feet of Lord Krishna, the Kshethrajnan, as a symbol of his warm friendship and love. Eating one handful of the flakes was enough to give all the blessings Sudama needed to continue his journey in the path of devotion towards Bhagavaan.

Sudama got what he deserved with out asking the Lord. Bhagavaan takes away everything from a DEVOTEE when he sees that wealth creates an obstacle in their path of devotion. But when poverty becomes an obstacle in a DEVOTEE's path of devotion, he showers with wealth on them. Either way devotees always feel grateful towards Bhagavaan's decisions. This is hundred percent true in Sudama's case.The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage. http://in.. com/

dharmam in our ithihasangal

Posted by: "Udayabhanu Panickar" udhayabhanupanickar udhayabhanupanickar

Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:52 am (PST)

[Attachment(s) from Udayabhanu Panickar included below] Dear Friend,I am attaching an article I read on dharmam in our ithihasangal. I think Bhakthi and dharmam are very closely connected.SincerelyUdhayabhanu Panickaraum namaHShivaaya LET US NOT MAKE OUR STOMACH A GRAVEYARD. LET US NOT EAT FLESH.LET US BE VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY. Animals are to be loved, not eaten. Eating flesh is good neither for the mind nor for the intellect, not even for the body. It distorts the basic character of human.

Attachment(s) from Udayabhanu Panickar

1 of 1 File(s)

Dharmathinte Ardhathalangal.pdf

Dhvadasi samarpaNam

Posted by: "Chandra Menon" chandrasmenon2002 chandrasmenon2002

Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:35 pm (PST)

Om Namo NarayanayaDear GurudevsI read the following in Mathrubhumi and if any of our members did not have a chance to read please go ahead. I am sorry for those who cannot read Malayalam and this article just mentions about record collection at Guruvayoor on dhvadasi day. Om Namo Narayanayaà´¦àµà´µà´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´ªàµà´ªà´£ സമരàµâ€à´ªàµà´ªà´£à´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´¨àµ സരàµâ€à´µàµà´µà´•à´¾à´² റെകàµà´•àµ‹à´¡àµ Posted on: 30 Nov 2009à´—àµà´°àµà´µà´¾à´¯àµ‚à´°àµâ€:à´•àµà´·àµ‡à´¤àµà´°à´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´²àµâ€ à´à´•à´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´¯àµà´Ÿàµ† ഭാഗമായി ഞായറാഴàµà´š à´¦àµà´µà´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´¦à´¿à´µà´¸à´‚ രാവിലെ നടനàµà´¨ 'à´¦àµà´µà´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´ªàµà´ªà´£' സമരàµâ€à´ªàµà´ªà´£à´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´¨àµ à´®àµà´¨àµâ€à´µà´°àµâ€à´·à´™àµà´™à´³àµ‡à´•àµà´•à´¾à´³àµâ€

തിരകàµà´•àµ à´…à´¨àµà´­à´µà´ªàµà´ªàµ†à´Ÿàµà´Ÿàµ. യാഗങàµà´™à´³àµâ€ നടതàµà´¤à´¿à´¯ à´…à´—àµâ€Œà´¨à´¿à´¹àµ‹à´¤àµà´°à´¿à´•à´³àµà´Ÿàµ† à´®àµà´¨àµà´¨à´¿à´²àµâ€ ആയിരങàµà´™à´³àµâ€ ദകàµà´·à´¿à´£ സമരàµâ€à´ªàµà´ªà´¿à´šàµà´šàµ. 2, 92, 348 രൂപയാണൠദàµà´µà´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´ªàµà´ªà´£à´‚ ലഭിചàµà´šà´¤àµ. ഇതൠകഴിഞàµà´žà´µà´°àµâ€à´·à´¤àµà´¤àµ‡à´•àµà´•à´¾à´³àµâ€ 33,304 രൂപ കൂടàµà´¤à´²à´¾à´£àµ. à´•àµà´·àµ‡à´¤àµà´°à´‚ കൂതàµà´¤à´®àµà´ªà´²à´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´²àµâ€à´žà´¾à´¯à´±à´¾à´´àµà´š à´ªàµà´²à´°àµâ€à´šàµà´šàµ† 12.05നാണൠസമരàµâ€à´ªàµà´ªà´£à´‚ à´¤àµà´Ÿà´™àµà´™à´¿à´¯à´¤àµ.à´¶àµà´•à´ªàµà´°à´‚, പെരàµà´µà´¨à´‚, ഇരിങàµà´™à´¾à´²à´•àµà´•àµà´Ÿ à´—àµà´°à´¾à´®à´™àµà´™à´³à´¿à´²àµ† 8 à´…à´—àµâ€Œà´¨à´¿à´¹àµ‹à´¤àµà´°à´¿à´®à´¾à´°à´¾à´£àµ ദകàµà´·à´¿à´£ à´¸àµà´µàµ€à´•à´°à´¿à´•àµà´•à´¾à´¨àµâ€

à´Žà´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´¯à´¤àµ.à´­à´Ÿàµà´Ÿà´¿à´ªàµà´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´²àµà´²à´¤àµà´¤àµ രവി à´…à´•àµà´•à´¿à´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´°à´¿à´ªàµà´ªà´¾à´Ÿàµ, കവപàµà´°à´®à´¾à´±à´¤àµà´¤àµ ശങàµà´•à´°à´¨à´¾à´°à´¾à´¯à´£à´¨àµâ€ à´…à´•àµà´•à´¿à´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´°à´¿à´ªàµà´ªà´¾à´Ÿàµ, ചെറàµà´®àµà´•àµà´•àµ വൈദികനàµâ€ വലàµà´²à´­à´¨àµâ€ സോമയാജിപàµà´ªà´¾à´Ÿàµ, à´ªàµà´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´²àµà´²à´¤àµà´¤àµ രാമാനàµà´œà´¨àµâ€ സോമയാജിപàµà´ªà´¾à´Ÿàµ (à´¶àµà´•à´ªàµà´°à´‚ à´—àµà´°à´¾à´®à´‚), വടകàµà´•àµ‡à´Ÿà´¤àµà´¤àµ à´•à´ªàµà´²à´¿à´¯à´™àµà´™à´¾à´Ÿàµà´Ÿàµ ശങàµà´•à´°à´¨àµâ€ അടിതിരിപàµà´ªà´¾à´Ÿàµ, à´•àµà´±àµà´¶àµà´¶à´¾à´°àµ‚à´°àµâ€ നാരായണനàµâ€ സോമയാജിപàµà´ªà´¾à´Ÿàµ (പെരàµà´µà´¨à´‚ à´—àµà´°à´¾à´®à´‚).കൈമàµà´•àµà´•àµ വൈദികനàµâ€ രാമനàµâ€

സോമയാജിപàµà´ªà´¾à´Ÿàµ, നനàµà´¦à´¿à´•àµà´•à´° നടàµà´µà´¤àµà´¤àµ നാരായണനàµâ€ സോമയാജിപàµà´ªà´¾à´Ÿàµ (ഇരിങàµà´™à´¾à´²à´•àµà´•àµà´Ÿ à´—àµà´°à´¾à´®à´‚) à´Žà´¨àµà´¨à´¿à´µà´°à´¾à´£àµ à´¦àµà´µà´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´ªàµà´ªà´£à´‚ à´¸àµà´µàµ€à´•à´°à´¿à´šàµà´šà´¤àµ. ലഭിചàµà´š പണം നാലàµà´­à´¾à´—മാകàµà´•à´¿ ഒരൠവിഹിതം à´—àµà´°àµà´µà´¾à´¯àµ‚à´°à´ªàµà´ªà´¨àµ സമരàµâ€à´ªàµà´ªà´¿à´šàµà´šàµ. മറàµà´±àµ മൂനàµà´¨àµà´µà´¿à´¹à´¿à´¤à´‚ à´…à´—àµâ€Œà´¨à´¿à´¹àµ‹à´¤àµà´°à´¿à´•àµà´•àµà´³àµà´³à´¤à´¾à´£àµ.à´Šà´Ÿàµà´Ÿàµà´ªàµà´°à´¯à´¿à´²àµâ€ രാവിലെ നടനàµà´¨ à´¦àµà´µà´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´Šà´Ÿàµà´Ÿà´¿à´²àµâ€ 7000à´¤àµà´¤àµ‹à´³à´‚ à´­à´•àµà´¤à´°àµâ€ പങàµà´•àµ†à´Ÿàµà´¤àµà´¤àµ. 9നൠകàµà´·àµ‡à´¤àµà´°à´¨à´Ÿ à´…à´Ÿà´šàµà´šàµ. പിനàµà´¨àµ€à´Ÿàµ വൈകàµà´¨àµà´¨àµ‡à´°à´‚

മൂനàµà´¨à´°à´¯àµà´•àµà´•à´¾à´£àµ à´¤àµà´±à´¨àµà´¨à´¤àµ. ഇതിനിടയിലàµâ€ à´•àµà´·àµ‡à´¤àµà´°à´‚ à´•à´´àµà´•à´¿à´µàµƒà´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´¯à´¾à´•àµà´•à´¿ à´¶àµà´¦àµà´§à´¿à´•à´°àµâ€à´®àµà´®à´™àµà´™à´³àµâ€ നടതàµà´¤à´¿. ശീവേലിയàµà´‚ നടനàµà´¨àµ.à´à´•à´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´¯àµà´Ÿàµ† ഭാഗമായ 'à´¤àµà´°à´¯àµ‹à´¦à´¶à´¿à´Šà´Ÿàµà´Ÿàµ' തിങàµà´•à´³à´¾à´´àµà´š നടകàµà´•àµà´‚. à´à´•à´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´šàµà´šà´Ÿà´™àµà´™àµà´•à´³àµâ€ ഇതോടെ സമാപികàµà´•àµà´‚. à´—àµà´°àµà´µà´¾à´¯àµ‚à´°à´ªàµà´ªà´¨àµâ€ തനàµà´±àµ† പരമഭകàµà´¤à´¨à´¾à´¯à´¿à´°àµà´¨àµà´¨ ഒരൠപരദേശിബàµà´°à´¾à´¹àµà´®à´£à´¨àµà´±àµ† à´¶àµà´°à´¾à´¦àµà´§à´‚ നടതàµà´¤àµà´¨àµà´¨àµà´µàµ†à´¨àµà´¨à´¾à´£àµ സങàµà´•à´²àµà´ªà´‚. സദàµà´¯à´¯à´¾à´£àµ ഇതിനàµà´±àµ† വിശേഷത. മതàµà´¤à´¨àµà´‚

നേനàµà´¤àµà´°à´ªàµà´ªà´´à´µàµà´‚ കൊണàµà´Ÿàµà´³àµà´³ പചàµà´šà´Ÿà´¿, മതàµà´¤à´¨àµâ€ പൊടിതൂവലàµâ€, എളവനàµâ€-ചേന-പയരàµâ€ കൂടàµà´Ÿàµà´•à´±à´¿, രസം, പിണàµà´Ÿà´¿à´ªàµà´ªà´¾à´¯à´¸à´‚ à´Žà´¨àµà´¨à´¿à´µà´¯à´¾à´£àµ വിഭവങàµà´™à´³àµâ€.Om Namo NarayanayaChandrasekharan

THRIKKARTHIKA

Posted by: "gopalkrishna25" gopalkrishna25 gopalkrishna25

Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:17 pm (PST)

Dear Gurudevs ,Today is Thrikkarthika . A very auspicious day for the Devi Bhaktas .Many Karthyayani temples observe their annual festival day today .Today there will be a special pooja in the Vadakkunnathan Temple Trichur on the wall on the Southern Side . It is belived that Paramashivan will be sitting on the wall watching the Kumaranelloor Karthyayani temple festival . Most of the devottees offer their prayers in the evening in front of the wall rather than the Srikovil.

Have Nothing To Complain About

Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:41 pm (PST)

<http://2.bp. blogspot. com/_OIEBhJkLZT4 /SxRohhvNq7I/ AAAAAAAAEgg/ TrEDYBObeAQ/ s1600/chanting+ near+hut. jpg>I resented the �four behind� calculation but made the best of it and triedto keep a good attitude. I�m actually so far behind in my lifetime that Ican never make up all the rounds that I owe Krishna. You owe Him your life.You owe Him hundreds of rounds. You owe Him just one good mantra of HareKrishna, said perfectly. You are not doing Him a favor. He�s doing you afavor by allowing you to chant Hare Krishna, and Prabhupada has been solenient to make it a sixteen-round minimum. You have nothing to complainabout.Taken from Bhajan Kutir#269<http://www.sdgonlin e.org/yellow_ submarine/ yourservant_ 269.html>-- At the present moment our minds are polluted with the dirt accumulated overmillions and millions of lifetimes of sense gratification. Even though ouroriginal pure nature is eternal, full of knowledge, and full of bliss, dueto our mental contamination we are presently suffering in the realm oftemporality, ignorance, and misery. By the purificatory process of chantingthe holy names of God we can revive our original, pure nature and thusrelish the sweetest happiness at every minute.Chant:Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare

blog..

Posted by: "anuradha iyer" anuiyer1973 anuiyer1973

Wrongly quoting Bhagavad Gita to explain the mass destruction caused by US and its allies People around the world misuse hindu scriptures to justify their actions. We should not allow other religions to take hindus and hinduism for a ride.The word Hinduism ,Aryan itself is a misnomer.Hindu name is given by invaders.Aryan race was coined by Max Muller.unfortunatel y The priceless, timeless and ulimate truth as illuminated by the Sanathana Dharma had not been appreciated even in India till recently. It is the most liberal and democratic way of life and quest for truth. The world is now slowly but steadily realising this fact. This is the only solution to the world torn apart under the weight of conflicts and destructions that various barbazic and violent civilisations have brought upon the universe. here it

is..... An article appearing in FPIF on the mass destruction caused by The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage. http://in.. com/

Recent Activity

New Photos

New FilesVisit Your Group

Mom Power

Just for moms

Join the discussion

Parenting Zone

Community resources

for parents

Small Business Group

A community for

small business owners

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

Messages | Files | Photos | Polls | Calendar

Om Namo Narayanaya:

MARKETPLACE

Going Green: Your resource for green living

Change settings via the Web ( ID required) Change settings via email: Switch delivery to

Individual | Switch format to Traditional Visit Your Group | Terms of Use | Un

namo narayana

Respected Sir,

As I have learned, tulasi cannot be picked on dwadasi (amongst other days), but can be offered (should) be offered to Lord Narayana during the ekadasi vratham aradhanam.

Ekadasi vratham is prescribed only for baddha jeevatmas (like humans) to get rid of their prarabdha karmas.

Mukthaatmas (liberated souls) and nitya sooris -Lord's close companions such Tulasi devi who have the bhaagyam of serving Lord Narayana in Sri Vaikuntham without even a second's break do not have any reason to perform such cleansing vrathams.

Sincerely,

Kamlesh--- On Wed, 12/2/09, prathap varma <rpv456 wrote:

prathap varma <rpv456[Guruvayur] Reply on Ekadesiguruvayur Date: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 5:11 AM

Dear devotees,

Very glad to read about your experiences during the Great Ekadesi day. One of the messages i found that he/she got Thulasi leaves on Ekadesi Day. As a matter of fact

that on Ekadesi day Thulasi Devi also fasts so we shoul not water Thulasi plants or pluck leaves. On Dwadasi day also you should not pluck the leaves as Thulasi Devi is tired and we should not hurt her.

Also maxium to fast the whole day till late evening and try to take only fruits and milk. T next day try to take more leaves for lunch. You can also go to the websites and check the details on fasting. I noticed in kerala people eat wheat instead of rise. Better we avoid that also.

I admire every one who fasts on Ekadesi and surely we will be blessed by Lorrd NARAYANA.

HARI OOM.

PRATAP--- On Tue, 12/1/09, guruvayur@grou ps.com <guruvayur@grou ps.com> wrote:

guruvayur@grou ps.com <guruvayur@grou ps.com>[Guruvayur] Digest Number 2192[1 Attachment]guruvayur@grou ps.comTuesday, December 1, 2009, 1:36 PM

Guruvayur

1a.

1b.

6a.

6b.

blog.. anuradha iyer

1a.

Posted by: "Manju ambady" manju_ambady@ .co. in manju_ambady

Dear Sunilji, Last year for guruvayoor Ekadeshi, we were in Guruvayoor. It was wonderful. This year we were very lucky to have guruvayoor ekadeshi on saturday, (as it was Eid holiday in Dubai), so that we can sit at home and do the chanting peacefully, It was really very great, Myself & husband got up before sunrise, had a very good meditation for 1 hour and after that we went to krishna temple & shiva temple. Afterwards, we had chanting of vishnu sahrsanamam and narayaneeyam. We didnt take any rice, but had only fruits & milk. This time, from Nov16th to Nov.27th , we had a discourse on bhagwatham ( how to apply in your daily life) by Swami Udit Chaitanya. We are thankful to our Lord Guruvayoorappan, as we were able to attend the discourse regularly, which was really uplifting for

the sincere seekers. May lord bless all of us, to remember about him always and to surrender ourselves at his lotus feet. with prayersManju--- On Sun, 29/11/09, Sunil M <menon_sunil@ > wrote:Sunil M <menon_sunil@ >[Guruvayur] Ekadasi - did you observe? share you experience.guruvayur@grou ps.comSunday, 29 November, 2009, 6:56 AM Dear GuruDevs,Hope everyone had the blessing of observing the Ekadasi in your own way. Please share your personal experience of the day and how you observed the

same for rest of us to learn.I was glad to get some Thulasi leaves on Ekadasi day from a friend's home. Om Namo Narayanaya:SunilThe INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage. http://in.. com/

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply

via web post Messages in this topic (12)

1b.

Posted by: "sashikala srinivasan" sashikalasrinivasan @gmail.com sashikala57

Dear brothers and sistersActually i visit chimaya mission in bangalore regularly and we had arrangedfor reading of bhagwat gita. since my son and husband were busy they told meit was not advisable for me to go alone. Iwas very much upset and prayingto lord krishna that somehow he should make me atleast visit the temple forthe final chapter.All this was going on in my mind the previous day and iwent to bed as usual and got upearly the next morning. My husband too got uphad his wash and came to the kitchen as i was preparing coffee he told methere was gita chanting just at the corner of my street and there was acall in the night to pass on the information. my joy knew no bounds .i observed the fast and also did gita parayanam.hare krishnakala srinivasanon, Nov 30, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Sajan Sukumaran <sajan_sukumaran@ >wrote:>>> Dear Sunilji and other Gurudevs,>> It was a woderful day. Since last few months I have been observing all the> Ekadasis. This is my first Guruvayoor Ekadasi vratham. With> Guruvayoorappans> blessings this Ekadasi falls on a holiday here in Kuwait. So I got more> time in chanting> the namas and reading.> The day started before Sunrise with usual prayers and chanting> Vishnu Sahasranamam and Dasakam 1,3 and 100 from Narayaneeyam.> The day went fast by listening audios of Jnanappana, Narayaneeyam and> Bhagawath Geetha.> And when I open the mail, I saw the surprising news of 2nd Koti Nama Japam.> Immediately> posted the usual 108 Namams and after that typed another 1080 Namams of>

Om Namo> Narayanaya. Then participate in Swamiye Sharanam Ayyappa blog, and Shiva> bhakthi blog> nama japams. Again in the evening chanted Vishnusahasra Namam and 1,3 and> 100 Dasakams> from our Balenduji's "Neythiri".>> On Dwadasi day before Sunrise started my morning prayers> and chanted Vishnusahasra namam and Dasakam 100 of Narayaneeyam, after that> had my break-fast.>> Due to some health problems I could not observe fasting in the strict> sence. So I consume 3 glasses> of water during the whole fasting time. May Bhagwan forgive me for my> mistakes.>> Om Namo Narayanaya.> Regards and Prayers>> Sajan.>> ------------ --------- ---------> ** Sunil M <menon_sunil@ >>

*To:* guruvayur@grou ps.com> *Sent:* Sun, November 29, 2009 4:26:38 AM>> *Subject:* [Guruvayur] Ekadasi - did you observe? share you experience.>>>> Dear GuruDevs,>>> Hope everyone had the blessing of observing the Ekadasi in your own way.> Please share your personal experience of the day and how you observed the> same for rest of us to learn.>> I was glad to get some Thulasi leaves on Ekadasi day from a friend's home.>> Om Namo Narayanaya:> Sunil>>>>>

Posted by: "manikantan" manikantank@ gmail.com koottala

<http://japagroup. blogspot. com/2009/ 11/holy-names- our-precious- gift.html? utm_source= feedburner & utm_medium= email><http://1.bp. blogspot. com/_OIEBhJkLZT4 /SxMQNxVQYnI/ AAAAAAAAEgQ/ k4Wew9W7d5A/ s1600/Harinama2. jpg>Hare Krsna dear devotees, I hope your week of chanting has been focused anddedicated to the holy names of the Lord.Here in Brazil it's Spring with hot weather and rain all the time, lookingoutside the window I can see grey sky and a cool breeze coming. Reminds meof the farm temple I used to live, always very fresh weather.The

boys are there playing soccer in the rain....they have already chantedtheir rounds, made some bhajan and took nice prasadam served to the Deitiesof Gaura Nitai today. Kesava is becoming a good cook he helped me with themango ice cream, Gouranga Potatoes, Byriani Rice, Banana Lassi and PeaSamosas. The preparations came out well and is very purifying to ourspiritual life always engage our minds in service during the day.These days I consider my japa average, even though I wake up early to chant,listen about good tips for chanting and meditate on the holy names I think Ineed to give more of myself. We usually make so many plans in our lives andnot always they are fully connected to our spiritual lives improvement orour japa.Why do we have this tendency to put everything first then later ourjapa....this is incorrectbecause our japa needs to be priority and ifchanting is strong the whole day is

going to be peaceful and focused in ouraim which is service to the lotus feet of the vaisnavas and Krsna.All starts by being grateful we have the holy names, our precious jewel andthe devotees to serve - we have this philosophy and also inner strength togo on with our spiritual lives....intelligen ce to distinguish between whatis favourable and what is unfavourable to devotional service and mainlyunderstand Krsnas plans to our lives.This japa group is loaded with wonderful tips from the devotees and we areso blessed by their association. I would like to thank them for the niceservice and ask them to bless my life so I can go on with my service.May you all have a wonderful week and be able to chant with your heart forthe pleasure of the Supreme.your servant,Aruna devi4 Tips Before ChantingJapa<http://japagroup. blogspot. com/2009/ 11/4-tips- before-chanting- japa.html? utm_source= feedburner & utm_medium= email><http://2.bp. blogspot. com/_OIEBhJkLZT4 /SxICzD31zxI/ AAAAAAAAEgA/ gOf0L-EFBbQ/ s1600/japa15. jpg>Here are some handy tips before you start chanting Japa:- First of all, make sure you are not tired.- Make sure you have proper pronunciation.- Make sure you are not being distracted by anything.- Then fix on your concentration.Taken from www.iskcon.com<http://www.iskcon. com/basics/ chantingexercise

s.html>-- At the present moment our minds are polluted with the dirt accumulated overmillions and millions of lifetimes of sense gratification. Even though ouroriginal pure nature is eternal, full of knowledge, and full of bliss, dueto our mental contamination we are presently suffering in the realm oftemporality, ignorance, and misery. By the purificatory process of chantingthe holy names of God we can revive our original, pure nature and thusrelish the sweetest happiness at every minute.Chant:Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post

Messages in this topic (1)

ENGINE TROBLE?

Posted by: "balagopal ramakrishnan" rbalpal (AT) (DOT) co.in rbalpal

HARI AUM Below is what Swami Chinmayanandaji said about BG Ch. 14. "This chapter is an exhaustive hand-book of instructions explaining the working of the subtle body and providing us with some tips as to how we can re-adjust ourselves when the inner mechanisms get choked up and starts misfiring. If a man, totally ignorant of the behaviour and nature of the machine under bonnet, were to drive a car wishing to make a long pilgrimage, he may not have a very pleasant journey if and when the engine starts mis-behaving. On the other hand, if he be an experienced driver, knowing the nature and behaviour of the engine, he can immediately stop the car, open the bonnet, readjust the machine and drive on towards the goal. ...This chapter is very important for all seekers."The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your

Homepage. http://in.. com/

Bhakthirathnakara- Meera 1.7-The turning pointMeera sang `thum suno dhayaaL mein araji, `bhoosaagar meinbahijaat hun,' "Oh Lord, you are compassionate . Hear my prayer.I am drowning in the ocean of samsar." `Yo sansaar sage nahikoi,' "I have no one in this world." Crying piteouslyMeera feel at the feet of Giridhari and a flower fell on her from Hisgarland. She looked at Him and forgot her anguish seeing His bewitchingsmile and started singing and dancing again. mhaaro man har lenyaaranachor , she sang, " my Ranachor has captivated my heart." Shesaw Him with His peacock feathers on his head, an umbrella over His headand the earrings which dangle beautifully when He played the flute andshe forgot the world and her misery.Giridhari had decided to cut off her bondage and make her His own. Butthe gold must be purified

by going through the ordeal of fire. This iswhat happened to Meera. She underwent an ordeal equal to that ofPrahlada. She was sent a basket with a cobra inside under the pretextthat it contained flowers and when she opened it proved to be exactly soby the grace of the Lord. She was asked to drink the poison which couldnot harm her. The bed of thorns which was sent to her as punishmentturned into a bed of roses. Then she was left alone for sometime. Meerahappily resumed her singing. She sang `vish ka pyaalaa raNaajeenebhejaa peevatha Meera hansi re pag gungurubandh meeraa naachi re'meaning that Ranaji has sent poison but Meera drank it and laughed.Meera is dancing tying the bells around her ankles. She said raNaji nejaharadhiyomheu jaani kjaiseykaancahn dhahath again main nikasatbaarabaani , "Ranaji I know, has given me poison but as the goldemerges form the fire with more brightness my love for

Giridhari hasbecome stronger after drinking the poison."Just as the fragrance of a flower could not be shut out, the fame ofMeera and her devotion spread far and wide, and it reached the ears ofthe Mogul emperor Akbar.Akbar was known to be unprejudiced with respect to religion and herespected holy men of all faith. He heard Tansen, his court musiciansinging the bajan of Meera and was impressed by it. He wished to seeMeera but Tansen told him that it was impossible since she is the queenof Mewar and the rajput kings of Mewar and regions around it were hisenemies. But Akbar was determined and asked him to find a way. Tansensuggested that they could go there disguised as sannyasis and both ofthem reached Mewar in the disguise of sadhus and went to the templewhere Meera was singing bajans along with other sadhus. Akbar wasawestruck with her devotion and the sweetness of her music and met

herafter the bajan was over and everyone had left and told her that theycame from Brindavan. Meera being innocent was overwhelmed on theirmention of Brindavan and talked with them. Akbar gave her a veryvaluable gem necklace to be adorned on her Giridhari.Even though Akbar was disguised the news of his coming to the temple andhaving touched her feet and presented her a gem necklace reached theears of Rana who became mad with anger. He remonstrated with Meera forhaving seen the sworn enemy of the Rajputs who replied that they weresadhus. Meera was terrified by his anger. Rana ordered the temple to bedemolished, which broke her heart. She cried hari thum haryo jan kibheer, "Hari you removed the troubles of your devotees likeGajendra, Draupadhi and Prahlada. Now you save me from my trouble." And when Rana told her to go and drown herself, she went straight to theriver and entered in.

PRABHUPADA'S QUOTE OF THE DAY"If you do not understand somebody, how you can love him? Love is far, faraway. But Caitanya Mahaprabhu is so kind that He is distributingKrishna-prema: "Take, anyone. Come on.Bombay, November 30, 1974--- At the present moment our minds are polluted with the dirt accumulated overmillions and millions of lifetimes of sense gratification. Even though ouroriginal pure nature is eternal, full of knowledge, and full of bliss, dueto our mental contamination we are presently suffering in the realm oftemporality, ignorance, and misery. By the purificatory process of chantingthe holy names of God we can revive our original, pure nature and thusrelish the sweetest happiness at every minute.Chant:Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama

Hare Hare

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via

web post Messages in this topic (1)

6a.

Posted by: "Savitri Puram" savitriopuram@ gmail.com savitriopuram

Dear all,There are 18 chapaters in Bhagavad Gita and they are divided in to threeshadkaas or to three groups containing six chapters in each group. .These three groups represents the three words of the Upanishadic statement"That Thvam Asi" or "That Thou Art".Word "Tvam" is illustrated by Karma Yogam, word "That" is illlustrated byBhakthi Yogam and word "Asi" is illustrated by Njaana Yogam. During Karmayogam and Bhakthi Yogam, a sadhaka retains the concept of duality, that is,God and I, where as Njaana Yogam takes saadhaka beyond dwaitham or Dualityto Advaitham or Non-duality. Saadhaka merges with the ParmaathmaChaithanyam. When one goes beyond the states of "tvam" and "that", he goesbeyond Kaalam or time of Bhoota-vartthamaana -bhaavi or past-present- future.This stage is beyond all three Gunaas, all three time frames,

all threestates Jaagrath, Sswapnam, Sushupthi (or waking, dream and deep sleep) andBhagavaan advises Arjuna and all of us to reach the Thuriya or the fourthstate of bliss through the steps of selfless actions and sincere love ofGod and all of His creation.Upanishaadic statement "That Tvam Asi" is an easy formula for us to rememberthe essence of the 700 slokaas of Bhgavad Gita.(based on an article in Bhakthapriya by Narayanana Pisharody)Regards and prayerssavitri

Messages in this topic (2)

6b.

Posted by: "Udayabhanu Panickar" udhayabhanupanickar @ udhayabhanupanickar

Savitriji,A very gigantic THANK YOU.SincerelyUdhayabhanu Panickaraum namaHShivaaya LET US NOT MAKE OUR STOMACH A GRAVEYARD. LET US NOT EAT FLESH.LET US BE VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY. Animals are to be loved, not eaten. Eating flesh is good neither for the mind nor for the intellect, not even for the body. It distorts the basic character of human. --- On Mon, 11/30/09, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com> wrote:Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com>[Guruvayur] Namasthe- Three words and GitaMonday, November 30, 2009, 4:08 AM Dear

all, There are 18 chapaters in Bhagavad Gita and they are divided in to three shadkaas or to three groups containing six chapters in each group. . These three groups represents the three words of the Upanishadic statement "That Thvam Asi" or "That Thou Art". Word "Tvam" is illustrated by Karma Yogam, word "That" is illlustrated by Bhakthi Yogam and word "Asi" is illustrated by Njaana Yogam. During Karma yogam and Bhakthi Yogam, a sadhaka retains the concept of duality, that is, God and I, where as Njaana Yogam takes saadhaka beyond dwaitham or Duality to Advaitham or Non-duality. Saadhaka merges with the Parmaathma Chaithanyam. When one goes beyond the states of "tvam" and "that", he goes beyond Kaalam or time of Bhoota-vartthamaana -bhaavi or past-present- future. This stage is beyond all three Gunaas, all three time frames, all three states Jaagrath, Sswapnam, Sushupthi (or waking, dream and

deep sleep) and Bhagavaan advises Arjuna and all of us to reach the Thuriya or the fourth state of bliss through the steps of selfless actions and sincere love of God and all of His creation. Upanishaadic statement "That Tvam Asi" is an easy formula for us to remember the essence of the 700 slokaas of Bhgavad Gita. (based on an article in Bhakthapriya by Narayanana Pisharody) Regards and prayers savitri

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web

post Messages in this topic (2)

*Hare Krishna****This is the site address where you can get all the prayers and Mantrasrecited in the temple with their meaning.**Temple mantra guide**** *http://causelessmer cy.com/TMG. htm?t=3818At the present moment our minds are polluted with the dirt accumulated overmillions and millions of lifetimes of sense gratification. Even though ouroriginal pure nature is eternal, full of knowledge, and full of bliss, dueto our mental contamination we are presently suffering in the realm oftemporality, ignorance, and misery. By the purificatory process of chantingthe holy names of God we can revive our original, pure nature and thusrelish the sweetest happiness at every minute.Chant:Hare Krishna, Hare

Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare

Posted by: "jayasankar vattekkat" vinodvattekkat@ .co. in vinodvattekkat

à´’à´°àµà´ªà´¿à´Ÿà´¿ അവലàµà´®à´¾à´¯àµ ജനàµà´®à´™àµà´™àµ¾ താണàµà´Ÿà´¿..........http://api.ning. com e5jczF0ZkzP* 8TtgCjcUf4rJW- D9YPbGSH36hBO6Qx Pp3agycioDv8PTdN wghT-MgCR5KLXNI4 3SAb78qvuLaxoB5R 52DqNl/krishnaku chela.jpg --- On Fri, 20/11/09, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com> wrote:Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com>[Guruvayur] Namasthe- Symbolism in

KuchelavrutthamFriday, 20 November, 2009, 5:19 PM Dear all, 1.The name Sudama. This word means one who is bound by the rope of different karmaas. (daamam is rope) 2. Sudama got the name Kuchelan because his poverty sometimes forced him to wear not- so- clean clothes or Kuthsitha chela. (he did not even have another one to wear when the one he was wearing was being washed and dried) 3. Four handfuls of rice flakes or Poha (avil in Malayalam) stand for Dharmam, arthham, kaamam and Moksham. 4. The rice with husk (before making into flakes) represents karmabeejam or seed of actions. In the right environment it will sprout. To avoid that, with great effort it was made into flakes and tied in a bag so that no more karmaas will sprout from those seeds. 5. This bag of flakes also represents the warmth of his

friendship with Lord Krishna. It is not appropriate to visit Lord with empty hands. 6. Lord Krishna who is Dwaraka vaasin is Kshethrajnan or one who dwells in every body's heart. Now let us put the story together: One who is bound by the karmaas (sudaama and all of us), with great effort and intense devotion transformed the seeds of all his Dharma, arthha, kaama and moksha kaamya karmaas or result oriented actions, into nishkaama karmaas (with out expecting results) or flakes that would never sprout, tied in a bag and offered at the feet of Lord Krishna, the Kshethrajnan, as a symbol of his warm friendship and love. Eating one handful of the flakes was enough to give all the blessings Sudama needed to continue his journey in the path of devotion towards Bhagavaan. Sudama got what he deserved with out asking the Lord. Bhagavaan takes away everything from a DEVOTEE when he

sees that wealth creates an obstacle in their path of devotion. But when poverty becomes an obstacle in a DEVOTEE's path of devotion, he showers with wealth on them. Either way devotees always feel grateful towards Bhagavaan's decisions. This is hundred percent true in Sudama's case.The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage. http://in.. com/

[Attachment(s) from Udayabhanu Panickar included below] Dear Friend,I am attaching an article I read on dharmam in our ithihasangal. I think Bhakthi and dharmam are very closely connected.SincerelyUdhayabhanu Panickaraum namaHShivaaya LET US NOT MAKE OUR STOMACH A GRAVEYARD. LET US NOT EAT FLESH.LET US BE VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY. Animals are to be loved, not eaten. Eating flesh is good neither for the mind nor for the intellect, not even for the body. It distorts the basic character of human.

1 of 1 File(s)

Dharmathinte Ardhathalangal. pdf

Dhvadasi samarpaNam

Posted by: "Chandra Menon" chandrasmenon2002@ chandrasmenon2002

Om Namo NarayanayaDear GurudevsI read the following in Mathrubhumi and if any of our members did not have a chance to read please go ahead. I am sorry for those who cannot read Malayalam and this article just mentions about record collection at Guruvayoor on dhvadasi day. Om Namo Narayanayaà´¦àµà´µà´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´ªàµà´ªà´£ സമരàµâ€à´ªàµà´ªà´£à´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´¨àµ സരàµâ€à´µàµà´µà´•à´¾à´² റെകàµà´•àµ‹à´¡àµ Posted on: 30 Nov 2009à´—àµà´°àµà´µà´¾à´¯àµ‚à´°àµâ€:à´•àµà´·àµ‡à´¤àµà´°à´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´²àµâ€ à´à´•à´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´¯àµà´Ÿàµ† ഭാഗമായി ഞായറാഴàµà´š à´¦àµà´µà´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´¦à´¿à´µà´¸à´‚ രാവിലെ നടനàµà´¨ 'à´¦àµà´µà´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´ªàµà´ªà´£' സമരàµâ€à´ªàµà´ªà´£à´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´¨àµ à´®àµà´¨àµâ€à´µà´°àµâ€à´·à´™àµà´™à´³àµ‡à´•àµà´•à´¾à´³àµâ€ തിരകàµà´•àµ

à´…à´¨àµà´­à´µà´ªàµà´ªàµ†à´Ÿàµà´Ÿàµ. യാഗങàµà´™à´³àµâ€ നടതàµà´¤à´¿à´¯ à´…à´—àµâ€Œà´¨à´¿à´¹àµ‹à´¤àµà´°à´¿à´•à´³àµà´Ÿàµ† à´®àµà´¨àµà´¨à´¿à´²àµâ€ ആയിരങàµà´™à´³àµâ€ ദകàµà´·à´¿à´£ സമരàµâ€à´ªàµà´ªà´¿à´šàµà´šàµ. 2, 92, 348 രൂപയാണൠദàµà´µà´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´ªàµà´ªà´£à´‚ ലഭിചàµà´šà´¤àµ. ഇതൠകഴിഞàµà´žà´µà´°àµâ€à´·à´¤àµà´¤àµ‡à´•àµà´•à´¾à´³àµâ€ 33,304 രൂപ കൂടàµà´¤à´²à´¾à´£àµ. à´•àµà´·àµ‡à´¤àµà´°à´‚ കൂതàµà´¤à´®àµà´ªà´²à´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´²àµâ€à´žà´¾à´¯à´±à´¾à´´àµà´š à´ªàµà´²à´°àµâ€à´šàµà´šàµ† 12.05നാണൠസമരàµâ€à´ªàµà´ªà´£à´‚ à´¤àµà´Ÿà´™àµà´™à´¿à´¯à´¤àµ.à´¶àµà´•à´ªàµà´°à´‚, പെരàµà´µà´¨à´‚, ഇരിങàµà´™à´¾à´²à´•àµà´•àµà´Ÿ à´—àµà´°à´¾à´®à´™àµà´™à´³à´¿à´²àµ† 8 à´…à´—àµâ€Œà´¨à´¿à´¹àµ‹à´¤àµà´°à´¿à´®à´¾à´°à´¾à´£àµ ദകàµà´·à´¿à´£ à´¸àµà´µàµ€à´•à´°à´¿à´•àµà´•à´¾à´¨àµâ€

à´Žà´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´¯à´¤àµ.à´­à´Ÿàµà´Ÿà´¿à´ªàµà´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´²àµà´²à´¤àµà´¤àµ രവി à´…à´•àµà´•à´¿à´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´°à´¿à´ªàµà´ªà´¾à´Ÿàµ, കവപàµà´°à´®à´¾à´±à´¤àµà´¤àµ ശങàµà´•à´°à´¨à´¾à´°à´¾à´¯à´£à´¨àµâ€ à´…à´•àµà´•à´¿à´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´°à´¿à´ªàµà´ªà´¾à´Ÿàµ, ചെറàµà´®àµà´•àµà´•àµ വൈദികനàµâ€ വലàµà´²à´­à´¨àµâ€ സോമയാജിപàµà´ªà´¾à´Ÿàµ, à´ªàµà´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´²àµà´²à´¤àµà´¤àµ രാമാനàµà´œà´¨àµâ€ സോമയാജിപàµà´ªà´¾à´Ÿàµ (à´¶àµà´•à´ªàµà´°à´‚ à´—àµà´°à´¾à´®à´‚), വടകàµà´•àµ‡à´Ÿà´¤àµà´¤àµ à´•à´ªàµà´²à´¿à´¯à´™àµà´™à´¾à´Ÿàµà´Ÿàµ ശങàµà´•à´°à´¨àµâ€ അടിതിരിപàµà´ªà´¾à´Ÿàµ, à´•àµà´±àµà´¶àµà´¶à´¾à´°àµ‚à´°àµâ€ നാരായണനàµâ€ സോമയാജിപàµà´ªà´¾à´Ÿàµ (പെരàµà´µà´¨à´‚ à´—àµà´°à´¾à´®à´‚).കൈമàµà´•àµà´•àµ വൈദികനàµâ€ രാമനàµâ€

സോമയാജിപàµà´ªà´¾à´Ÿàµ, നനàµà´¦à´¿à´•àµà´•à´° നടàµà´µà´¤àµà´¤àµ നാരായണനàµâ€ സോമയാജിപàµà´ªà´¾à´Ÿàµ (ഇരിങàµà´™à´¾à´²à´•àµà´•àµà´Ÿ à´—àµà´°à´¾à´®à´‚) à´Žà´¨àµà´¨à´¿à´µà´°à´¾à´£àµ à´¦àµà´µà´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´ªàµà´ªà´£à´‚ à´¸àµà´µàµ€à´•à´°à´¿à´šàµà´šà´¤àµ. ലഭിചàµà´š പണം നാലàµà´­à´¾à´—മാകàµà´•à´¿ ഒരൠവിഹിതം à´—àµà´°àµà´µà´¾à´¯àµ‚à´°à´ªàµà´ªà´¨àµ സമരàµâ€à´ªàµà´ªà´¿à´šàµà´šàµ. മറàµà´±àµ മൂനàµà´¨àµà´µà´¿à´¹à´¿à´¤à´‚ à´…à´—àµâ€Œà´¨à´¿à´¹àµ‹à´¤àµà´°à´¿à´•àµà´•àµà´³àµà´³à´¤à´¾à´£àµ.à´Šà´Ÿàµà´Ÿàµà´ªàµà´°à´¯à´¿à´²àµâ€ രാവിലെ നടനàµà´¨ à´¦àµà´µà´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´Šà´Ÿàµà´Ÿà´¿à´²àµâ€ 7000à´¤àµà´¤àµ‹à´³à´‚ à´­à´•àµà´¤à´°àµâ€ പങàµà´•àµ†à´Ÿàµà´¤àµà´¤àµ. 9നൠകàµà´·àµ‡à´¤àµà´°à´¨à´Ÿ à´…à´Ÿà´šàµà´šàµ. പിനàµà´¨àµ€à´Ÿàµ വൈകàµà´¨àµà´¨àµ‡à´°à´‚

മൂനàµà´¨à´°à´¯àµà´•àµà´•à´¾à´£àµ à´¤àµà´±à´¨àµà´¨à´¤àµ. ഇതിനിടയിലàµâ€ à´•àµà´·àµ‡à´¤àµà´°à´‚ à´•à´´àµà´•à´¿à´µàµƒà´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´¯à´¾à´•àµà´•à´¿ à´¶àµà´¦àµà´§à´¿à´•à´°àµâ€à´®àµà´®à´™àµà´™à´³àµâ€ നടതàµà´¤à´¿. ശീവേലിയàµà´‚ നടനàµà´¨àµ.à´à´•à´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´¯àµà´Ÿàµ† ഭാഗമായ 'à´¤àµà´°à´¯àµ‹à´¦à´¶à´¿à´Šà´Ÿàµà´Ÿàµ' തിങàµà´•à´³à´¾à´´àµà´š നടകàµà´•àµà´‚. à´à´•à´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´šàµà´šà´Ÿà´™àµà´™àµà´•à´³àµâ€ ഇതോടെ സമാപികàµà´•àµà´‚. à´—àµà´°àµà´µà´¾à´¯àµ‚à´°à´ªàµà´ªà´¨àµâ€ തനàµà´±àµ† പരമഭകàµà´¤à´¨à´¾à´¯à´¿à´°àµà´¨àµà´¨ ഒരൠപരദേശിബàµà´°à´¾à´¹àµà´®à´£à´¨àµà´±àµ† à´¶àµà´°à´¾à´¦àµà´§à´‚ നടതàµà´¤àµà´¨àµà´¨àµà´µàµ†à´¨àµà´¨à´¾à´£àµ സങàµà´•à´²àµà´ªà´‚. സദàµà´¯à´¯à´¾à´£àµ ഇതിനàµà´±àµ† വിശേഷത. മതàµà´¤à´¨àµà´‚

നേനàµà´¤àµà´°à´ªàµà´ªà´´à´µàµà´‚ കൊണàµà´Ÿàµà´³àµà´³ പചàµà´šà´Ÿà´¿, മതàµà´¤à´¨àµâ€ പൊടിതൂവലàµâ€, എളവനàµâ€-ചേന-പയരàµâ€ കൂടàµà´Ÿàµà´•à´±à´¿, രസം, പിണàµà´Ÿà´¿à´ªàµà´ªà´¾à´¯à´¸à´‚ à´Žà´¨àµà´¨à´¿à´µà´¯à´¾à´£àµ വിഭവങàµà´™à´³àµâ€.Om Namo NarayanayaChandrasekharan

THRIKKARTHIKA

Posted by: "gopalkrishna25" gopalkrishna25@ .co. in gopalkrishna25

Dear Gurudevs ,Today is Thrikkarthika . A very auspicious day for the Devi Bhaktas .Many Karthyayani temples observe their annual festival day today .Today there will be a special pooja in the Vadakkunnathan Temple Trichur on the wall on the Southern Side . It is belived that Paramashivan will be sitting on the wall watching the Kumaranelloor Karthyayani temple festival . Most of the devottees offer their prayers in the evening in front of the wall rather than the Srikovil.

<http://2.bp. blogspot. com/_OIEBhJkLZT4 /SxRohhvNq7I/ AAAAAAAAEgg/ TrEDYBObeAQ/ s1600/chanting+ near+hut. jpg>I resented the �four behind� calculation but made the best of it and triedto keep a good attitude. I�m actually so far behind in my lifetime that Ican never make up all the rounds that I owe Krishna. You owe Him your life.You owe Him hundreds of rounds. You owe Him just one good mantra of HareKrishna, said perfectly. You are not doing Him a favor. He�s doing you afavor by allowing you to chant Hare Krishna, and Prabhupada has been solenient to make it a sixteen-round minimum. You have nothing to complainabout.Taken from Bhajan Kutir#269<http://www.sdgonlin e.org/yellow_ submarine/ yourservant_ 269.html>-- At the present moment our minds are polluted with the dirt accumulated overmillions and millions of lifetimes of sense gratification. Even though ouroriginal pure nature is eternal, full of knowledge, and full of bliss, dueto our mental contamination we are presently suffering in the realm oftemporality, ignorance, and misery. By the purificatory process of chantingthe holy names of God we can revive our original, pure nature and thusrelish the sweetest happiness at every minute.Chant:Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare

blog..

Posted by: "anuradha iyer" anuiyer1973@ .co. in anuiyer1973

Wrongly quoting Bhagavad Gita to explain the mass destruction caused by US and its allies People around the world misuse hindu scriptures to justify their actions. We should not allow other religions to take hindus and hinduism for a ride.The word Hinduism ,Aryan itself is a misnomer.Hindu name is given by invaders.Aryan race was coined by Max Muller.unfortunatel y The priceless, timeless and ulimate truth as illuminated by the Sanathana Dharma had not been appreciated even in India till recently. It is the most liberal and democratic way of life and quest for truth. The world is now slowly but steadily realising this fact. This is the only solution to the world torn apart under the weight of conflicts and destructions that various barbazic and violent civilisations have brought upon the universe. here it

is..... An article appearing in FPIF on the mass destruction caused by The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage. http://in.. com/

Recent Activity

New Photos

Mom Power

Just for moms

Join the discussion

Parenting Zone

Community resources

for parents

Small Business Group

A community for

small business owners

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Om Namo Narayanaya:

MARKETPLACE

Change settings via the Web ( ID required) Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Individual | Switch format to Traditional Visit Your Group | Terms of Use | Un

Om Namo Narayanaya

Shree Pratap

I too heard like that but like this:-

ഇതൠശരിയാണോ? à´Žà´¨àµà´±àµ† ചെറàµà´ªàµà´°à´¾à´¯à´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´²àµâ€ കേടàµà´Ÿ à´ˆ à´šà´¿à´² വരികളàµâ€ à´“à´°àµà´®àµà´®à´¯à´¿à´²àµâ€ വരàµà´¨àµà´¨àµ.

à´ªàµà´¤àµà´¤à´¨àµâ€ മതിലàµâ€ ഇടിയരàµà´¤àµ à´•à´°àµâ€à´•àµà´•à´¿à´Ÿà´•à´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´²àµâ€ à´’à´Ÿàµà´Ÿàµà´‚ ഇടിയരàµà´¤àµà´¤àµà´³à´¸àµ€à´¦à´³à´‚ അരിയരàµà´¤àµ à´à´•à´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´¦à´¿à´¨à´‚ à´’à´Ÿàµà´Ÿàµà´‚ അരിയരàµà´¤àµ

My senior and/or knowledgeable Gurudevs may kindly clarify

Om namo Narayanaya

Chandrasekharan P.S. Thank you Pratap for compiling all the replies in one mail

"live and let live"

"They alone live who live for others, rest are more dead than alive"

prathap varma <rpv456guruvayur Sent: Wed, December 2, 2009 4:11:37 AM[Guruvayur] Reply on Ekadesi

Dear devotees,

HARI OOM.

guruvayur@grou ps.com <guruvayur@grou ps.com>[Guruvayur] Digest Number 2192[1 Attachment]guruvayur@grou ps.comTuesday, December 1, 2009, 1:36 PM

Guruvayur

1a.

1b.

6a.

6b.

blog.. anuradha iyer

1a.

Posted by: "Manju ambady" manju_ambady@ .co. in manju_ambady

Dear Sunilji, Last year for guruvayoor Ekadeshi, we were in Guruvayoor. It was wonderful. This year we were very lucky to have guruvayoor ekadeshi on saturday, (as it was Eid holiday in Dubai), so that we can sit at home and do the chanting peacefully, It was really very great, Myself & husband got up before sunrise, had a very good meditation for 1 hour and after that we went to krishna temple & shiva temple. Afterwards, we had chanting of vishnu sahrsanamam and narayaneeyam. We didnt take any rice, but had only fruits & milk. This time, from Nov16th to Nov.27th , we had a discourse on bhagwatham ( how to apply in your daily life) by Swami Udit Chaitanya. We are thankful to our Lord Guruvayoorappan, as we were able to attend the discourse regularly, which was really uplifting for

the sincere seekers. May lord bless all of us, to remember about him always and to surrender ourselves at his lotus feet. with prayersManju--- On Sun, 29/11/09, Sunil M <menon_sunil@ > wrote:Sunil M <menon_sunil@ >[Guruvayur] Ekadasi - did you observe? share you experience.guruvayur@grou ps.comSunday, 29 November, 2009, 6:56 AM Dear GuruDevs,Hope everyone had the blessing of observing the Ekadasi in your own way. Please share your personal experience of the day and how you observed the

same for rest of us to learn.I was glad to get some Thulasi leaves on Ekadasi day from a friend's home. Om Namo Narayanaya:SunilThe INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage. http://in.. com/

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply

via web post Messages in this topic (12)

1b.

Posted by: "sashikala srinivasan" sashikalasrinivasan @gmail.com sashikala57

Dear brothers and sistersActually i visit chimaya mission in bangalore regularly and we had arrangedfor reading of bhagwat gita. since my son and husband were busy they told meit was not advisable for me to go alone. Iwas very much upset and prayingto lord krishna that somehow he should make me atleast visit the temple forthe final chapter.All this was going on in my mind the previous day and iwent to bed as usual and got upearly the next morning. My husband too got uphad his wash and came to the kitchen as i was preparing coffee he told methere was gita chanting just at the corner of my street and there was acall in the night to pass on the information. my joy knew no bounds .i observed the fast and also did gita parayanam.hare krishnakala srinivasanon, Nov 30, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Sajan Sukumaran <sajan_sukumaran@ >wrote:>>> Dear Sunilji and other Gurudevs,>> It was a woderful day. Since last few months I have been observing all the> Ekadasis. This is my first Guruvayoor Ekadasi vratham. With> Guruvayoorappans> blessings this Ekadasi falls on a holiday here in Kuwait. So I got more> time in chanting> the namas and reading.> The day started before Sunrise with usual prayers and chanting> Vishnu Sahasranamam and Dasakam 1,3 and 100 from Narayaneeyam.> The day went fast by listening audios of Jnanappana, Narayaneeyam and> Bhagawath Geetha.> And when I open the mail, I saw the surprising news of 2nd Koti Nama Japam.> Immediately> posted the usual 108 Namams and after that typed another 1080 Namams of>

Om Namo> Narayanaya. Then participate in Swamiye Sharanam Ayyappa blog, and Shiva> bhakthi blog> nama japams. Again in the evening chanted Vishnusahasra Namam and 1,3 and> 100 Dasakams> from our Balenduji's "Neythiri".>> On Dwadasi day before Sunrise started my morning prayers> and chanted Vishnusahasra namam and Dasakam 100 of Narayaneeyam, after that> had my break-fast.>> Due to some health problems I could not observe fasting in the strict> sence. So I consume 3 glasses> of water during the whole fasting time. May Bhagwan forgive me for my> mistakes.>> Om Namo Narayanaya.> Regards and Prayers>> Sajan.>> ------------ --------- ---------> ** Sunil M <menon_sunil@ >>

*To:* guruvayur@grou ps.com> *Sent:* Sun, November 29, 2009 4:26:38 AM>> *Subject:* [Guruvayur] Ekadasi - did you observe? share you experience.>>>> Dear GuruDevs,>>> Hope everyone had the blessing of observing the Ekadasi in your own way.> Please share your personal experience of the day and how you observed the> same for rest of us to learn.>> I was glad to get some Thulasi leaves on Ekadasi day from a friend's home.>> Om Namo Narayanaya:> Sunil>>>>>

<http://japagroup. blogspot. com/2009/ 11/holy-names- our-precious- gift.html? utm_source= feedburner & utm_medium= email><http://1.bp. blogspot. com/_OIEBhJkLZT4 /SxMQNxVQYnI/ AAAAAAAAEgQ/ k4Wew9W7d5A/ s1600/Harinama2. jpg>Hare Krsna dear devotees, I hope your week of chanting has been focused anddedicated to the holy names of the Lord.Here in Brazil it's Spring with hot weather and rain all the time, lookingoutside the window I can see grey sky and a cool breeze coming. Reminds meof the farm temple I used to live, always very fresh weather.The

boys are there playing soccer in the rain....they have already chantedtheir rounds, made some bhajan and took nice prasadam served to the Deitiesof Gaura Nitai today. Kesava is becoming a good cook he helped me with themango ice cream, Gouranga Potatoes, Byriani Rice, Banana Lassi and PeaSamosas. The preparations came out well and is very purifying to ourspiritual life always engage our minds in service during the day.These days I consider my japa average, even though I wake up early to chant,listen about good tips for chanting and meditate on the holy names I think Ineed to give more of myself. We usually make so many plans in our lives andnot always they are fully connected to our spiritual lives improvement orour japa.Why do we have this tendency to put everything first then later ourjapa....this is incorrectbecause our japa needs to be priority and ifchanting is strong the whole day is

going to be peaceful and focused in ouraim which is service to the lotus feet of the vaisnavas and Krsna.All starts by being grateful we have the holy names, our precious jewel andthe devotees to serve - we have this philosophy and also inner strength togo on with our spiritual lives....intelligen ce to distinguish between whatis favourable and what is unfavourable to devotional service and mainlyunderstand Krsnas plans to our lives.This japa group is loaded with wonderful tips from the devotees and we areso blessed by their association. I would like to thank them for the niceservice and ask them to bless my life so I can go on with my service.May you all have a wonderful week and be able to chant with your heart forthe pleasure of the Supreme.your servant,Aruna devi4 Tips Before ChantingJapa<http://japagroup. blogspot. com/2009/ 11/4-tips- before-chanting- japa.html? utm_source= feedburner & utm_medium= email><http://2.bp. blogspot. com/_OIEBhJkLZT4 /SxICzD31zxI/ AAAAAAAAEgA/ gOf0L-EFBbQ/ s1600/japa15. jpg>Here are some handy tips before you start chanting Japa:- First of all, make sure you are not tired.- Make sure you have proper pronunciation.- Make sure you are not being distracted by anything.- Then fix on your concentration.Taken from www.iskcon.com<http://www.iskcon. com/basics/ chantingexercise

ENGINE TROBLE?

Posted by: "balagopal ramakrishnan" rbalpal (AT) (DOT) co.in rbalpal

HARI AUM Below is what Swami Chinmayanandaji said about BG Ch. 14. "This chapter is an exhaustive hand-book of instructions explaining the working of the subtle body and providing us with some tips as to how we can re-adjust ourselves when the inner mechanisms get choked up and starts misfiring. If a man, totally ignorant of the behaviour and nature of the machine under bonnet, were to drive a car wishing to make a long pilgrimage, he may not have a very pleasant journey if and when the engine starts mis-behaving. On the other hand, if he be an experienced driver, knowing the nature and behaviour of the engine, he can immediately stop the car, open the bonnet, readjust the machine and drive on towards the goal. ...This chapter is very important for all seekers."The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your

Homepage. http://in.. com/

Bhakthirathnakara- Meera 1.7-The turning pointMeera sang `thum suno dhayaaL mein araji, `bhoosaagar meinbahijaat hun,' "Oh Lord, you are compassionate . Hear my prayer.I am drowning in the ocean of samsar." `Yo sansaar sage nahikoi,' "I have no one in this world." Crying piteouslyMeera feel at the feet of Giridhari and a flower fell on her from Hisgarland. She looked at Him and forgot her anguish seeing His bewitchingsmile and started singing and dancing again. mhaaro man har lenyaaranachor , she sang, " my Ranachor has captivated my heart." Shesaw Him with His peacock feathers on his head, an umbrella over His headand the earrings which dangle beautifully when He played the flute andshe forgot the world and her misery.Giridhari had decided to cut off her bondage and make her His own. Butthe gold must be purified

by going through the ordeal of fire. This iswhat happened to Meera. She underwent an ordeal equal to that ofPrahlada. She was sent a basket with a cobra inside under the pretextthat it contained flowers and when she opened it proved to be exactly soby the grace of the Lord. She was asked to drink the poison which couldnot harm her. The bed of thorns which was sent to her as punishmentturned into a bed of roses. Then she was left alone for sometime. Meerahappily resumed her singing. She sang `vish ka pyaalaa raNaajeenebhejaa peevatha Meera hansi re pag gungurubandh meeraa naachi re'meaning that Ranaji has sent poison but Meera drank it and laughed.Meera is dancing tying the bells around her ankles. She said raNaji nejaharadhiyomheu jaani kjaiseykaancahn dhahath again main nikasatbaarabaani , "Ranaji I know, has given me poison but as the goldemerges form the fire with more brightness my love for

Giridhari hasbecome stronger after drinking the poison."Just as the fragrance of a flower could not be shut out, the fame ofMeera and her devotion spread far and wide, and it reached the ears ofthe Mogul emperor Akbar.Akbar was known to be unprejudiced with respect to religion and herespected holy men of all faith. He heard Tansen, his court musiciansinging the bajan of Meera and was impressed by it. He wished to seeMeera but Tansen told him that it was impossible since she is the queenof Mewar and the rajput kings of Mewar and regions around it were hisenemies. But Akbar was determined and asked him to find a way. Tansensuggested that they could go there disguised as sannyasis and both ofthem reached Mewar in the disguise of sadhus and went to the templewhere Meera was singing bajans along with other sadhus. Akbar wasawestruck with her devotion and the sweetness of her music and met

herafter the bajan was over and everyone had left and told her that theycame from Brindavan. Meera being innocent was overwhelmed on theirmention of Brindavan and talked with them. Akbar gave her a veryvaluable gem necklace to be adorned on her Giridhari.Even though Akbar was disguised the news of his coming to the temple andhaving touched her feet and presented her a gem necklace reached theears of Rana who became mad with anger. He remonstrated with Meera forhaving seen the sworn enemy of the Rajputs who replied that they weresadhus. Meera was terrified by his anger. Rana ordered the temple to bedemolished, which broke her heart. She cried hari thum haryo jan kibheer, "Hari you removed the troubles of your devotees likeGajendra, Draupadhi and Prahlada. Now you save me from my trouble." And when Rana told her to go and drown herself, she went straight to theriver and entered in.

PRABHUPADA'S QUOTE OF THE DAY"If you do not understand somebody, how you can love him? Love is far, faraway. But Caitanya Mahaprabhu is so kind that He is distributingKrishna-prema: "Take, anyone. Come on.Bombay, November 30, 1974--- At the present moment our minds are polluted with the dirt accumulated overmillions and millions of lifetimes of sense gratification. Even though ouroriginal pure nature is eternal, full of knowledge, and full of bliss, dueto our mental contamination we are presently suffering in the realm oftemporality, ignorance, and misery. By the purificatory process of chantingthe holy names of God we can revive our original, pure nature and thusrelish the sweetest happiness at every minute.Chant:Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama

Hare Hare

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via

web post Messages in this topic (1)

6a.

Posted by: "Savitri Puram" savitriopuram@ gmail.com savitriopuram

Dear all,There are 18 chapaters in Bhagavad Gita and they are divided in to threeshadkaas or to three groups containing six chapters in each group. .These three groups represents the three words of the Upanishadic statement"That Thvam Asi" or "That Thou Art".Word "Tvam" is illustrated by Karma Yogam, word "That" is illlustrated byBhakthi Yogam and word "Asi" is illustrated by Njaana Yogam. During Karmayogam and Bhakthi Yogam, a sadhaka retains the concept of duality, that is,God and I, where as Njaana Yogam takes saadhaka beyond dwaitham or Dualityto Advaitham or Non-duality. Saadhaka merges with the ParmaathmaChaithanyam. When one goes beyond the states of "tvam" and "that", he goesbeyond Kaalam or time of Bhoota-vartthamaana -bhaavi or past-present- future.This stage is beyond all three Gunaas, all three time frames,

all threestates Jaagrath, Sswapnam, Sushupthi (or waking, dream and deep sleep) andBhagavaan advises Arjuna and all of us to reach the Thuriya or the fourthstate of bliss through the steps of selfless actions and sincere love ofGod and all of His creation.Upanishaadic statement "That Tvam Asi" is an easy formula for us to rememberthe essence of the 700 slokaas of Bhgavad Gita.(based on an article in Bhakthapriya by Narayanana Pisharody)Regards and prayerssavitri

6b.

Savitriji,A very gigantic THANK YOU.SincerelyUdhayabhanu Panickaraum namaHShivaaya LET US NOT MAKE OUR STOMACH A GRAVEYARD. LET US NOT EAT FLESH.LET US BE VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY. Animals are to be loved, not eaten. Eating flesh is good neither for the mind nor for the intellect, not even for the body. It distorts the basic character of human. --- On Mon, 11/30/09, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com> wrote:Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com>[Guruvayur] Namasthe- Three words and GitaMonday, November 30, 2009, 4:08 AM Dear

all, There are 18 chapaters in Bhagavad Gita and they are divided in to three shadkaas or to three groups containing six chapters in each group. . These three groups represents the three words of the Upanishadic statement "That Thvam Asi" or "That Thou Art". Word "Tvam" is illustrated by Karma Yogam, word "That" is illlustrated by Bhakthi Yogam and word "Asi" is illustrated by Njaana Yogam. During Karma yogam and Bhakthi Yogam, a sadhaka retains the concept of duality, that is, God and I, where as Njaana Yogam takes saadhaka beyond dwaitham or Duality to Advaitham or Non-duality. Saadhaka merges with the Parmaathma Chaithanyam. When one goes beyond the states of "tvam" and "that", he goes beyond Kaalam or time of Bhoota-vartthamaana -bhaavi or past-present- future. This stage is beyond all three Gunaas, all three time frames, all three states Jaagrath, Sswapnam, Sushupthi (or waking, dream and

deep sleep) and Bhagavaan advises Arjuna and all of us to reach the Thuriya or the fourth state of bliss through the steps of selfless actions and sincere love of God and all of His creation. Upanishaadic statement "That Tvam Asi" is an easy formula for us to remember the essence of the 700 slokaas of Bhgavad Gita. (based on an article in Bhakthapriya by Narayanana Pisharody) Regards and prayers savitri

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web

post Messages in this topic (2)

*Hare Krishna****This is the site address where you can get all the prayers and Mantrasrecited in the temple with their meaning.**Temple mantra guide**** *http://causelessmer cy.com/TMG. htm?t=3818At the present moment our minds are polluted with the dirt accumulated overmillions and millions of lifetimes of sense gratification. Even though ouroriginal pure nature is eternal, full of knowledge, and full of bliss, dueto our mental contamination we are presently suffering in the realm oftemporality, ignorance, and misery. By the purificatory process of chantingthe holy names of God we can revive our original, pure nature and thusrelish the sweetest happiness at every minute.Chant:Hare Krishna, Hare

Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare

Posted by: "jayasankar vattekkat" vinodvattekkat@ .co. in vinodvattekkat

à´’à´°àµà´ªà´¿à´Ÿà´¿ അവലàµà´®à´¾à´¯àµ ജനàµà´®à´™àµà´™àµ¾ താണàµà´Ÿà´¿..........http://api.ning. com e5jczF0ZkzP* 8TtgCjcUf4rJW- D9YPbGSH36hBO6Qx Pp3agycioDv8PTdN wghT-MgCR5KLXNI4 3SAb78qvuLaxoB5R 52DqNl/krishnaku chela.jpg --- On Fri, 20/11/09, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com> wrote:Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com>[Guruvayur] Namasthe- Symbolism in

KuchelavrutthamFriday, 20 November, 2009, 5:19 PM Dear all, 1.The name Sudama. This word means one who is bound by the rope of different karmaas. (daamam is rope) 2. Sudama got the name Kuchelan because his poverty sometimes forced him to wear not- so- clean clothes or Kuthsitha chela. (he did not even have another one to wear when the one he was wearing was being washed and dried) 3. Four handfuls of rice flakes or Poha (avil in Malayalam) stand for Dharmam, arthham, kaamam and Moksham. 4. The rice with husk (before making into flakes) represents karmabeejam or seed of actions. In the right environment it will sprout. To avoid that, with great effort it was made into flakes and tied in a bag so that no more karmaas will sprout from those seeds. 5. This bag of flakes also represents the warmth of his

friendship with Lord Krishna. It is not appropriate to visit Lord with empty hands. 6. Lord Krishna who is Dwaraka vaasin is Kshethrajnan or one who dwells in every body's heart. Now let us put the story together: One who is bound by the karmaas (sudaama and all of us), with great effort and intense devotion transformed the seeds of all his Dharma, arthha, kaama and moksha kaamya karmaas or result oriented actions, into nishkaama karmaas (with out expecting results) or flakes that would never sprout, tied in a bag and offered at the feet of Lord Krishna, the Kshethrajnan, as a symbol of his warm friendship and love. Eating one handful of the flakes was enough to give all the blessings Sudama needed to continue his journey in the path of devotion towards Bhagavaan. Sudama got what he deserved with out asking the Lord. Bhagavaan takes away everything from a DEVOTEE when he

sees that wealth creates an obstacle in their path of devotion. But when poverty becomes an obstacle in a DEVOTEE's path of devotion, he showers with wealth on them. Either way devotees always feel grateful towards Bhagavaan's decisions. This is hundred percent true in Sudama's case.The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage. http://in.. com/

1 of 1 File(s)

Dhvadasi samarpaNam

Posted by: "Chandra Menon" chandrasmenon2002@ chandrasmenon2002

Om Namo NarayanayaDear GurudevsI read the following in Mathrubhumi and if any of our members did not have a chance to read please go ahead. I am sorry for those who cannot read Malayalam and this article just mentions about record collection at Guruvayoor on dhvadasi day. Om Namo Narayanayaà´¦àµà´µà´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´ªàµà´ªà´£ സമരàµâ€à´ªàµà´ªà´£à´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´¨àµ സരàµâ€à´µàµà´µà´•à´¾à´² റെകàµà´•àµ‹à´¡àµ Posted on: 30 Nov 2009à´—àµà´°àµà´µà´¾à´¯àµ‚à´°àµâ€:à´•àµà´·àµ‡à´¤àµà´°à´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´²àµâ€ à´à´•à´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´¯àµà´Ÿàµ† ഭാഗമായി ഞായറാഴàµà´š à´¦àµà´µà´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´¦à´¿à´µà´¸à´‚ രാവിലെ നടനàµà´¨ 'à´¦àµà´µà´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´ªàµà´ªà´£' സമരàµâ€à´ªàµà´ªà´£à´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´¨àµ à´®àµà´¨àµâ€à´µà´°àµâ€à´·à´™àµà´™à´³àµ‡à´•àµà´•à´¾à´³àµâ€ തിരകàµà´•àµ

à´…à´¨àµà´­à´µà´ªàµà´ªàµ†à´Ÿàµà´Ÿàµ. യാഗങàµà´™à´³àµâ€ നടതàµà´¤à´¿à´¯ à´…à´—àµâ€Œà´¨à´¿à´¹àµ‹à´¤àµà´°à´¿à´•à´³àµà´Ÿàµ† à´®àµà´¨àµà´¨à´¿à´²àµâ€ ആയിരങàµà´™à´³àµâ€ ദകàµà´·à´¿à´£ സമരàµâ€à´ªàµà´ªà´¿à´šàµà´šàµ. 2, 92, 348 രൂപയാണൠദàµà´µà´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´ªàµà´ªà´£à´‚ ലഭിചàµà´šà´¤àµ. ഇതൠകഴിഞàµà´žà´µà´°àµâ€à´·à´¤àµà´¤àµ‡à´•àµà´•à´¾à´³àµâ€ 33,304 രൂപ കൂടàµà´¤à´²à´¾à´£àµ. à´•àµà´·àµ‡à´¤àµà´°à´‚ കൂതàµà´¤à´®àµà´ªà´²à´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´²àµâ€à´žà´¾à´¯à´±à´¾à´´àµà´š à´ªàµà´²à´°àµâ€à´šàµà´šàµ† 12.05നാണൠസമരàµâ€à´ªàµà´ªà´£à´‚ à´¤àµà´Ÿà´™àµà´™à´¿à´¯à´¤àµ.à´¶àµà´•à´ªàµà´°à´‚, പെരàµà´µà´¨à´‚, ഇരിങàµà´™à´¾à´²à´•àµà´•àµà´Ÿ à´—àµà´°à´¾à´®à´™àµà´™à´³à´¿à´²àµ† 8 à´…à´—àµâ€Œà´¨à´¿à´¹àµ‹à´¤àµà´°à´¿à´®à´¾à´°à´¾à´£àµ ദകàµà´·à´¿à´£ à´¸àµà´µàµ€à´•à´°à´¿à´•àµà´•à´¾à´¨àµâ€

THRIKKARTHIKA

Posted by: "gopalkrishna25" gopalkrishna25@ .co. in gopalkrishna25

blog..

Posted by: "anuradha iyer" anuiyer1973@ .co. in anuiyer1973

Recent Activity

New Photos

Mom Power

Just for moms

Join the discussion

Parenting Zone

Community resources

for parents

Small Business Group

A community for

small business owners

Need to Reply?

Om Namo Narayanaya:

MARKETPLACE

Change settings via the Web ( ID required) Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Individual | Switch format to Traditional Visit Your Group | Terms of Use | Un

Dear Chandraji,

Even though it is said that on ekadashi day, thulasi leaves should not be taken from the plant, I have heard that leaves should not be plucked if they are used for any other purpose than worship. Because of the medicinal properties of Thulasi leaves they are used for making " kashaayam " , and often we put a few leaves in " chukku vellam " . Also lot of Ayurveda oils are prepared with thulasi leaves. When coconut oil is heated for applying on head, they add cumin seeds, black pepper corns, thulasi leaves and karpooram. So I assume that we should avoid plucking Thulasi leaves for these purposes on Ekadashi day. When I was growing up, thulasi leaves were plucked for pushpaanjali everyday and I have heard that worshipping with thulasi leaves is all the more auspicious on Ekadashi day. Actually Thulasi Devi is eager to touch Bhagavaan's feet and she would consider that as a blessing to reach His feet on Ekadashi day.

I am not sure whether this is right. I just shared what I have heard in my childhood.

Regards and prayers

Savitri

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 3:31 PM, Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002 wrote:

Om Namo Narayanaya

Shree Pratap

I too heard like that but like this:-

ഇതൠശരിയാണോ? à´Žà´¨àµà´±àµ† ചെറàµà´ªàµà´°à´¾à´¯à´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´²àµâ€Â à´•àµ‡à´Ÿàµà´Ÿ à´ˆ à´šà´¿à´² വരികളàµâ€ à´“à´°àµà´®àµà´®à´¯à´¿à´²àµâ€ വരàµà´¨àµà´¨àµ.

à´ªàµà´¤àµà´¤à´¨àµâ€ മതിലàµâ€ ഇടിയരàµà´¤àµ à´•à´°àµâ€à´•àµà´•à´¿à´Ÿà´•à´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´²àµâ€ à´’à´Ÿàµà´Ÿàµà´‚ ഇടിയരàµà´¤àµà´¤àµà´³à´¸àµ€à´¦à´³à´‚ അരിയരàµà´¤àµ à´à´•à´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´¦à´¿à´¨à´‚ à´’à´Ÿàµà´Ÿàµà´‚ അരിയരàµà´¤àµ

My senior and/or knowledgeable Gurudevs may kindly clarify

Om namo Narayanaya

Chandrasekharan P.S. Thank you Pratap for compiling all the replies in one mail

" live and let live "

" They alone live who live for others, rest are more dead than alive "

prathap varma <rpv456guruvayur

Wed, December 2, 2009 4:11:37 AM [Guruvayur] Reply on Ekadesi 

Dear devotees,

Very glad to read about your experiences during the Great Ekadesi day.  One of the messages i found that he/she got Thulasi leaves on Ekadesi Day. As a matter of fact

that on Ekadesi day Thulasi Devi also fasts so we shoul not water Thulasi plants or pluck leaves.  On Dwadasi day also you should not pluck the leaves as Thulasi Devi  is tired and we should not hurt her.

Also maxium to fast  the whole day till late evening and try to take only fruits and milk.  T next day try to take more leaves for lunch.  You can also go to the websites and check the details on fasting.   I noticed in kerala people eat wheat  instead of rise.  Better we avoid that also.

I admire every one who fasts on Ekadesi and surely we will be blessed by  Lorrd NARAYANA.

HARI OOM.

PRATAP

--- On Tue, 12/1/09, guruvayur@grou ps.com <guruvayur@grou ps.com> wrote:

guruvayur@grou ps.com <guruvayur@grou ps.com> [Guruvayur] Digest Number 2192[1 Attachment]guruvayur@grou ps.com

Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 1:36 PM

Guruvayur

1a.

1b.

6a.

6b.

blog.. anuradha iyer

1a.

Posted by: " Manju ambady " manju_ambady@ .co. in   manju_ambady

Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:43 am (PST)

Dear Sunilji, Last year for guruvayoor Ekadeshi, we were in Guruvayoor. It was wonderful. This year we were very lucky to have guruvayoor ekadeshi on saturday, (as it was Eid holiday in Dubai),  so that we can sit at home and do the chanting peacefully, It was really very great, Myself & husband got up before sunrise, had a very good meditation for 1 hour and after that we went to krishna temple & shiva temple. Afterwards, we had chanting of vishnu sahrsanamam and narayaneeyam. We didnt take any rice, but had only fruits & milk.

This time, from Nov16th to Nov.27th , we had a discourse on bhagwatham  ( how to apply in your daily life) by Swami Udit Chaitanya. We are thankful to our Lord Guruvayoorappan, as we were able to attend the discourse regularly, which was really uplifting for the sincere seekers. May lord bless all of us, to remember about him always and to surrender ourselves at his lotus feet.

with prayersManju--- On Sun, 29/11/09, Sunil M <menon_sunil@ > wrote:

Sunil M <menon_sunil@ >[Guruvayur] Ekadasi - did you observe? share you experience.

guruvayur@grou ps.comSunday, 29 November, 2009, 6:56 AM  Dear GuruDevs,

Hope everyone had the blessing of observing the Ekadasi in your own way. Please share your personal experience of the day and how you observed the same for rest of us to learn.I was glad to get some Thulasi leaves on Ekadasi day from a friend's home.

Om Namo Narayanaya:SunilThe INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage. http://in.. com/

Messages in this topic (12)

1b.

Posted by: " sashikala srinivasan " sashikalasrinivasan @gmail.com   sashikala57

Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:48 am (PST)

Dear brothers and sistersActually i visit chimaya mission in bangalore regularly and we had arrangedfor reading of bhagwat gita. since my son and husband were busy they told me

it was not advisable for me to go alone. Iwas very much upset and prayingto lord krishna that somehow he should make me atleast visit the temple forthe final chapter.All this was going on in my mind the previous day and i

went to bed as usual and got upearly the next morning. My husband too got uphad his wash and came to the kitchen as i was preparing coffee he told methere was gita chanting just at the corner of my street and there was a

call in the night to pass on the information. my joy knew no bounds .i observed the fast and also did gita parayanam.hare krishnakala srinivasanon, Nov 30, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Sajan Sukumaran <sajan_sukumaran@ >wrote:

>>> Dear Sunilji and other Gurudevs,>> It was a woderful day. Since last few months I have been observing all the> Ekadasis. This is my first Guruvayoor Ekadasi vratham. With> Guruvayoorappans

> blessings this Ekadasi falls on a holiday here in Kuwait. So I got more> time in chanting> the namas and reading.> The day started before Sunrise with usual prayers and chanting> Vishnu Sahasranamam and Dasakam 1,3 and 100 from Narayaneeyam.

> The day went fast by listening audios of Jnanappana, Narayaneeyam and> Bhagawath Geetha.> And when I open the mail, I saw the surprising news of 2nd Koti Nama Japam.> Immediately> posted the usual 108 Namams and after that typed another 1080 Namams of

> Om Namo> Narayanaya. Then participate in Swamiye Sharanam Ayyappa blog, and Shiva> bhakthi blog> nama japams. Again in the evening chanted Vishnusahasra Namam and 1,3 and> 100 Dasakams

> from our Balenduji's " Neythiri " .>> On Dwadasi day before Sunrise started my morning prayers> and chanted Vishnusahasra namam and Dasakam 100 of Narayaneeyam, after that> had my break-fast.

>> Due to some health problems I could not observe fasting in the strict> sence. So I consume 3 glasses> of water during the whole fasting time. May Bhagwan forgive me for my> mistakes.>

> Om Namo Narayanaya.> Regards and Prayers>> Sajan.>> ------------ --------- ---------> ** Sunil M <menon_sunil@ >

> *To:* guruvayur@grou ps.com> *Sent:* Sun, November 29, 2009 4:26:38 AM>> *Subject:* [Guruvayur] Ekadasi - did you observe? share you experience.

>>>> Dear GuruDevs,>>> Hope everyone had the blessing of observing the Ekadasi in your own way.> Please share your personal experience of the day and how you observed the

> same for rest of us to learn.>> I was glad to get some Thulasi leaves on Ekadasi day from a friend's home.>> Om Namo Narayanaya:> Sunil>>>>>

Posted by: " manikantan " manikantank@ gmail.com   koottala

Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:45 am (PST)

<http://japagroup. blogspot. com/2009/ 11/holy-names- our-precious- gift.html? utm_source= feedburner & utm_medium= email>

<http://1.bp. blogspot. com/_OIEBhJkLZT4 /SxMQNxVQYnI/ AAAAAAAAEgQ/ k4Wew9W7d5A/ s1600/Harinama2. jpg>

Hare Krsna dear devotees, I hope your week of chanting has been focused anddedicated to the holy names of the Lord.Here in Brazil it's Spring with hot weather and rain all the time, lookingoutside the window I can see grey sky and a cool breeze coming. Reminds me

of the farm temple I used to live, always very fresh weather.The boys are there playing soccer in the rain....they have already chantedtheir rounds, made some bhajan and took nice prasadam served to the Deities

of Gaura Nitai today. Kesava is becoming a good cook he helped me with themango ice cream, Gouranga Potatoes, Byriani Rice, Banana Lassi and PeaSamosas. The preparations came out well and is very purifying to our

spiritual life always engage our minds in service during the day.These days I consider my japa average, even though I wake up early to chant,listen about good tips for chanting and meditate on the holy names I think I

need to give more of myself. We usually make so many plans in our lives andnot always they are fully connected to our spiritual lives improvement orour japa.Why do we have this tendency to put everything first then later our

japa....this is incorrectbecause our japa needs to be priority and ifchanting is strong the whole day is going to be peaceful and focused in ouraim which is service to the lotus feet of the vaisnavas and Krsna.

All starts by being grateful we have the holy names, our precious jewel andthe devotees to serve - we have this philosophy and also inner strength togo on with our spiritual lives....intelligen ce to distinguish between what

is favourable and what is unfavourable to devotional service and mainlyunderstand Krsnas plans to our lives.This japa group is loaded with wonderful tips from the devotees and we areso blessed by their association. I would like to thank them for the nice

service and ask them to bless my life so I can go on with my service.May you all have a wonderful week and be able to chant with your heart forthe pleasure of the Supreme.your servant,Aruna devi

4 Tips Before ChantingJapa<http://japagroup. blogspot. com/2009/ 11/4-tips- before-chanting- japa.html? utm_source= feedburner & utm_medium= email>

<http://2.bp. blogspot. com/_OIEBhJkLZT4 /SxICzD31zxI/ AAAAAAAAEgA/ gOf0L-EFBbQ/ s1600/japa15. jpg>

Here are some handy tips before you start chanting Japa:- First of all, make sure you are not tired.- Make sure you have proper pronunciation.- Make sure you are not being distracted by anything.- Then fix on your concentration.

Taken from www.iskcon.com<http://www.iskcon. com/basics/ chantingexercise s.html>

-- At the present moment our minds are polluted with the dirt accumulated overmillions and millions of lifetimes of sense gratification. Even though ouroriginal pure nature is eternal, full of knowledge, and full of bliss, due

to our mental contamination we are presently suffering in the realm oftemporality, ignorance, and misery. By the purificatory process of chantingthe holy names of God we can revive our original, pure nature and thus

relish the sweetest happiness at every minute.Chant:Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare

ENGINE TROBLE?

Posted by: " balagopal ramakrishnan " rbalpal (AT) (DOT) co.in   rbalpal

HARI AUM Below is what Swami Chinmayanandaji said about BG Ch. 14.  " This chapter is an exhaustive hand-book of instructions explaining the working of the subtle  body and providing us with some tips as to how we can re-adjust ourselves when the inner mechanisms get choked up and starts misfiring. If a man, totally ignorant of the behaviour and nature of the machine under bonnet, were to drive a car wishing to make a long pilgrimage, he may not have a very pleasant journey if and when the engine starts mis-behaving. On the other hand, if he be an experienced driver, knowing the nature and behaviour of the engine, he can immediately stop the car, open the bonnet, readjust the machine and drive on towards the goal.

...This chapter is very important for all seekers. " The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage. http://in.. com/

Posted by: " Saroja " sarojram18   sarojram18

Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:46 am (PST)

Bhakthirathnakara- Meera 1.7-The turning pointMeera sang `thum suno dhayaaL mein araji, `bhoosaagar meinbahijaat hun,' " Oh Lord, you are compassionate . Hear my prayer.

I am drowning in the ocean of samsar. " `Yo sansaar sage nahikoi,' " I have no one in this world. " Crying piteouslyMeera feel at the feet of Giridhari and a flower fell on her from Hisgarland. She looked at Him and forgot her anguish seeing His bewitching

smile and started singing and dancing again. mhaaro man har lenyaaranachor , she sang, " my Ranachor has captivated my heart. " Shesaw Him with His peacock feathers on his head, an umbrella over His head

and the earrings which dangle beautifully when He played the flute andshe forgot the world and her misery.Giridhari had decided to cut off her bondage and make her His own. Butthe gold must be purified by going through the ordeal of fire. This is

what happened to Meera. She underwent an ordeal equal to that ofPrahlada. She was sent a basket with a cobra inside under the pretextthat it contained flowers and when she opened it proved to be exactly soby the grace of the Lord. She was asked to drink the poison which could

not harm her. The bed of thorns which was sent to her as punishmentturned into a bed of roses. Then she was left alone for sometime. Meerahappily resumed her singing. She sang `vish ka pyaalaa raNaajeenebhejaa peevatha Meera hansi re pag gungurubandh meeraa naachi re'

meaning that Ranaji has sent poison but Meera drank it and laughed.Meera is dancing tying the bells around her ankles. She said raNaji nejaharadhiyomheu jaani kjaiseykaancahn dhahath again main nikasatbaarabaani , " Ranaji I know, has given me poison but as the gold

emerges form the fire with more brightness my love for Giridhari hasbecome stronger after drinking the poison. " Just as the fragrance of a flower could not be shut out, the fame ofMeera and her devotion spread far and wide, and it reached the ears of

the Mogul emperor Akbar.Akbar was known to be unprejudiced with respect to religion and herespected holy men of all faith. He heard Tansen, his court musiciansinging the bajan of Meera and was impressed by it. He wished to see

Meera but Tansen told him that it was impossible since she is the queenof Mewar and the rajput kings of Mewar and regions around it were hisenemies. But Akbar was determined and asked him to find a way. Tansen

suggested that they could go there disguised as sannyasis and both ofthem reached Mewar in the disguise of sadhus and went to the templewhere Meera was singing bajans along with other sadhus. Akbar wasawestruck with her devotion and the sweetness of her music and met her

after the bajan was over and everyone had left and told her that theycame from Brindavan. Meera being innocent was overwhelmed on theirmention of Brindavan and talked with them. Akbar gave her a veryvaluable gem necklace to be adorned on her Giridhari.

Even though Akbar was disguised the news of his coming to the temple andhaving touched her feet and presented her a gem necklace reached theears of Rana who became mad with anger. He remonstrated with Meera for

having seen the sworn enemy of the Rajputs who replied that they weresadhus. Meera was terrified by his anger. Rana ordered the temple to bedemolished, which broke her heart. She cried hari thum haryo jan kibheer, " Hari you removed the troubles of your devotees like

Gajendra, Draupadhi and Prahlada. Now you save me from my trouble. " And when Rana told her to go and drown herself, she went straight to theriver and entered in.

PRABHUPADA'S QUOTE OF THE DAY " If you do not understand somebody, how you can love him? Love is far, faraway. But Caitanya Mahaprabhu is so kind that He is distributing

Krishna-prema: " Take, anyone. Come on. " " Bombay, November 30, 1974--- At the present moment our minds are polluted with the dirt accumulated overmillions and millions of lifetimes of sense gratification. Even though our

original pure nature is eternal, full of knowledge, and full of bliss, dueto our mental contamination we are presently suffering in the realm oftemporality, ignorance, and misery. By the purificatory process of chanting

the holy names of God we can revive our original, pure nature and thusrelish the sweetest happiness at every minute.Chant:Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare

6a.

Posted by: " Savitri Puram " savitriopuram@ gmail.com   savitriopuram

Dear all,There are 18 chapaters in Bhagavad Gita and they are divided in to threeshadkaas or to three groups containing six chapters in each group. .

These three groups represents the three words of the Upanishadic statement " That Thvam Asi " or " That Thou Art " .Word " Tvam " is illustrated by Karma Yogam, word " That " is illlustrated by

Bhakthi Yogam and word " Asi " is illustrated by Njaana Yogam. During Karmayogam and Bhakthi Yogam, a sadhaka retains the concept of duality, that is,God and I, where as Njaana Yogam takes saadhaka beyond dwaitham or Duality

to Advaitham or Non-duality. Saadhaka merges with the ParmaathmaChaithanyam. When one goes beyond the states of " tvam " and " that " , he goesbeyond Kaalam or time of Bhoota-vartthamaana -bhaavi or past-present- future.

This stage is beyond all three Gunaas, all three time frames, all threestates Jaagrath, Sswapnam, Sushupthi (or waking, dream and deep sleep) andBhagavaan advises Arjuna and all of us to reach the Thuriya or the fourth

state of bliss through the steps of selfless actions and sincere love ofGod and all of His creation.Upanishaadic statement " That Tvam Asi " is an easy formula for us to rememberthe essence of the 700 slokaas of Bhgavad Gita.

(based on an article in Bhakthapriya by Narayanana Pisharody)Regards and prayerssavitri

6b.

Posted by: " Udayabhanu Panickar " udhayabhanupanickar @   udhayabhanupanickar

Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:36 pm (PST)

Savitriji,A very gigantic THANK YOU.SincerelyUdhayabhanu Panickaraum namaHShivaaya LET US NOT MAKE OUR STOMACH A GRAVEYARD. LET US NOT EAT FLESH.LET US BE VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY. Animals are to be loved, not eaten. Eating flesh is good neither for the mind nor for the intellect, not even for the body. It distorts the basic character of human.

--- On Mon, 11/30/09, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com> wrote:Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com>

[Guruvayur] Namasthe- Three words and GitaMonday, November 30, 2009, 4:08 AM Dear all, There are 18 chapaters in Bhagavad Gita and they are divided in to three shadkaas or to three groups containing six chapters in each group. .

These three groups represents the three words of the Upanishadic statement " That Thvam Asi " or " That Thou Art " . Word " Tvam " is illustrated by Karma Yogam,  word " That " is illlustrated by Bhakthi Yogam and word " Asi " is illustrated by Njaana Yogam. During Karma yogam and Bhakthi Yogam, a sadhaka retains the concept of duality, that is, God and I, where as Njaana Yogam takes saadhaka beyond dwaitham or Duality to Advaitham or Non-duality. Saadhaka merges with the Parmaathma Chaithanyam. When one goes beyond the states of " tvam " and " that " , he goes beyond Kaalam or time of Bhoota-vartthamaana -bhaavi or past-present- future. This stage is beyond all three Gunaas, all three time frames, all three states Jaagrath, Sswapnam, Sushupthi (or waking, dream and deep sleep) and Bhagavaan advises Arjuna and all of us to reach the Thuriya or the fourth state of bliss through the steps of selfless actions and  sincere love of God and all of His creation.  

Upanishaadic statement " That Tvam Asi " is an easy formula for us to remember the essence of the 700 slokaas of Bhgavad Gita. (based on an article in Bhakthapriya by Narayanana Pisharody) 

Regards and prayers savitri

Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:47 am (PST)

*Hare Krishna****This is the site address where you can get all the prayers and Mantrasrecited in the temple with their meaning.*

*Temple mantra guide**** *http://causelessmer cy.com/TMG. htm?t=3818At the present moment our minds are polluted with the dirt accumulated over

millions and millions of lifetimes of sense gratification. Even though ouroriginal pure nature is eternal, full of knowledge, and full of bliss, dueto our mental contamination we are presently suffering in the realm of

temporality, ignorance, and misery. By the purificatory process of chantingthe holy names of God we can revive our original, pure nature and thusrelish the sweetest happiness at every minute.Chant:Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare

Posted by: " jayasankar vattekkat " vinodvattekkat@ .co. in   vinodvattekkat

Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:49 am (PST)

à´’à´°àµà´ªà´¿à´Ÿà´¿ അവലàµà´®à´¾à´¯àµ ജനàµà´®à´™àµà´™àµ¾ താണàµà´Ÿà´¿..........http://api.ning. com e5jczF0ZkzP* 8TtgCjcUf4rJW- D9YPbGSH36hBO6Qx Pp3agycioDv8PTdN wghT-MgCR5KLXNI4 3SAb78qvuLaxoB5R 52DqNl/krishnaku chela.jpg

--- On Fri, 20/11/09, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com> wrote:

Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com>[Guruvayur] Namasthe- Symbolism in Kuchelavruttham

Friday, 20 November, 2009, 5:19 PM Dear all, 1.The name Sudama. This word means one who is bound by the rope of different karmaas. (daamam is rope)   2. Sudama got the name Kuchelan because his poverty sometimes forced him to wear not- so- clean  clothes or Kuthsitha chela. (he did not even have another one to wear when the one he was wearing was being washed and dried)

3. Four handfuls of rice flakes or Poha (avil in Malayalam) stand for Dharmam, arthham, kaamam and Moksham.  4. The rice with husk (before making into flakes) represents karmabeejam or seed of actions. In the right environment it will sprout. To avoid that, with great effort it was made into flakes and tied in a bag so that no more karmaas will sprout from those seeds.

5. This bag of flakes also represents the warmth of his friendship with Lord Krishna. It is not appropriate to visit Lord with empty hands. 6. Lord Krishna who is Dwaraka vaasin is Kshethrajnan or one who dwells in every body's heart.

Now let us put the story together: One who is bound by the karmaas (sudaama and all of us), with great effort and intense devotion transformed the seeds of all his Dharma, arthha, kaama and moksha kaamya karmaas or result oriented actions, into nishkaama karmaas (with out expecting results) or flakes that would never sprout, tied in a bag  and offered at the feet of Lord Krishna, the Kshethrajnan, as a symbol of his warm friendship and love.

Eating one handful of the flakes was enough to give all the blessings Sudama needed to continue his journey in the path of devotion towards Bhagavaan. Sudama got what he deserved with out asking the Lord. 

Bhagavaan takes away everything from a DEVOTEE when he sees that wealth creates an obstacle in their path of devotion. But when poverty becomes an obstacle in a DEVOTEE's path of devotion, he showers with wealth on them. Either way devotees always feel grateful towards Bhagavaan's decisions. This is hundred percent true in Sudama's case.

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage. http://in.. com/

Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:52 am (PST)

[Attachment(s) from Udayabhanu Panickar included below]

Dear Friend,I am attaching an article I read on dharmam in our ithihasangal. I think Bhakthi and dharmam are very closely connected.SincerelyUdhayabhanu Panickaraum namaHShivaaya LET US NOT MAKE OUR STOMACH A GRAVEYARD. LET US NOT EAT FLESH.LET US BE VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY. Animals are to be loved, not eaten. Eating flesh is good neither for the mind nor for the intellect, not even for the body. It distorts the basic character of human.

1 of 1 File(s)

Dhvadasi samarpaNam

Posted by: " Chandra Menon " chandrasmenon2002@   chandrasmenon2002

Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:35 pm (PST)

Om Namo NarayanayaDear GurudevsI read the following in Mathrubhumi and if any of our members did not have a chance to read please go ahead. I am sorry for those who cannot read Malayalam and this article just mentions about record collection at Guruvayoor on dhvadasi day.

Om Namo Narayanayaà´¦àµà´µà´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´ªàµà´ªà´£ സമരàµâ€à´ªàµà´ªà´£à´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´¨àµ സരàµâ€à´µàµà´µà´•à´¾à´² റെകàµà´•àµ‹à´¡àµ Posted on: 30 Nov 2009à´—àµà´°àµà´µà´¾à´¯àµ‚à´°àµâ€:à´•àµà´·àµ‡à´¤àµà´°à´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´²àµâ€ à´à´•à´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´¯àµà´Ÿàµ† ഭാഗമായി ഞായറാഴàµà´š à´¦àµà´µà´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´¦à´¿à´µà´¸à´‚ രാവിലെ നടനàµà´¨ 'à´¦àµà´µà´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´ªàµà´ªà´£' സമരàµâ€à´ªàµà´ªà´£à´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´¨àµ à´®àµà´¨àµâ€à´µà´°àµâ€à´·à´™àµà´™à´³àµ‡à´•àµà´•à´¾à´³àµâ€ തിരകàµà´•àµ à´…à´¨àµà´­à´µà´ªàµà´ªàµ†à´Ÿàµà´Ÿàµ. യാഗങàµà´™à´³àµâ€ നടതàµà´¤à´¿à´¯ à´…à´—àµâ€Œà´¨à´¿à´¹àµ‹à´¤àµà´°à´¿à´•à´³àµà´Ÿàµ† à´®àµà´¨àµà´¨à´¿à´²àµâ€ ആയിരങàµà´™à´³àµâ€ ദകàµà´·à´¿à´£ സമരàµâ€à´ªàµà´ªà´¿à´šàµà´šàµ. 2, 92, 348 രൂപയാണൠദàµà´µà´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´ªàµà´ªà´£à´‚ ലഭിചàµà´šà´¤àµ. ഇതൠകഴിഞàµà´žà´µà´°àµâ€à´·à´¤àµà´¤àµ‡à´•àµà´•à´¾à´³àµâ€ 33,304 രൂപ കൂടàµà´¤à´²à´¾à´£àµ. à´•àµà´·àµ‡à´¤àµà´°à´‚ കൂതàµà´¤à´®àµà´ªà´²à´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´²àµâ€

ഞായറാഴàµà´š à´ªàµà´²à´°àµâ€à´šàµà´šàµ† 12.05നാണൠസമരàµâ€à´ªàµà´ªà´£à´‚ à´¤àµà´Ÿà´™àµà´™à´¿à´¯à´¤àµ.à´¶àµà´•à´ªàµà´°à´‚, പെരàµà´µà´¨à´‚, ഇരിങàµà´™à´¾à´²à´•àµà´•àµà´Ÿ à´—àµà´°à´¾à´®à´™àµà´™à´³à´¿à´²àµ† 8 à´…à´—àµâ€Œà´¨à´¿à´¹àµ‹à´¤àµà´°à´¿à´®à´¾à´°à´¾à´£àµ ദകàµà´·à´¿à´£ à´¸àµà´µàµ€à´•à´°à´¿à´•àµà´•à´¾à´¨àµâ€ à´Žà´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´¯à´¤àµ.à´­à´Ÿàµà´Ÿà´¿à´ªàµà´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´²àµà´²à´¤àµà´¤àµ രവി à´…à´•àµà´•à´¿à´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´°à´¿à´ªàµà´ªà´¾à´Ÿàµ, കവപàµà´°à´®à´¾à´±à´¤àµà´¤àµ ശങàµà´•à´°à´¨à´¾à´°à´¾à´¯à´£à´¨àµâ€ à´…à´•àµà´•à´¿à´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´°à´¿à´ªàµà´ªà´¾à´Ÿàµ, ചെറàµà´®àµà´•àµà´•àµ വൈദികനàµâ€ വലàµà´²à´­à´¨àµâ€ സോമയാജിപàµà´ªà´¾à´Ÿàµ, à´ªàµà´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´²àµà´²à´¤àµà´¤àµ രാമാനàµà´œà´¨àµâ€ സോമയാജിപàµà´ªà´¾à´Ÿàµ (à´¶àµà´•à´ªàµà´°à´‚ à´—àµà´°à´¾à´®à´‚), വടകàµà´•àµ‡à´Ÿà´¤àµà´¤àµ à´•à´ªàµà´²à´¿à´¯à´™àµà´™à´¾à´Ÿàµà´Ÿàµ ശങàµà´•à´°à´¨àµâ€ അടിതിരിപàµà´ªà´¾à´Ÿàµ, à´•àµà´±àµà´¶àµà´¶à´¾à´°àµ‚à´°àµâ€ നാരായണനàµâ€ സോമയാജിപàµà´ªà´¾à´Ÿàµ (പെരàµà´µà´¨à´‚ à´—àµà´°à´¾à´®à´‚).

കൈമàµà´•àµà´•àµ വൈദികനàµâ€ രാമനàµâ€ സോമയാജിപàµà´ªà´¾à´Ÿàµ, നനàµà´¦à´¿à´•àµà´•à´° നടàµà´µà´¤àµà´¤àµ നാരായണനàµâ€ സോമയാജിപàµà´ªà´¾à´Ÿàµ (ഇരിങàµà´™à´¾à´²à´•àµà´•àµà´Ÿ à´—àµà´°à´¾à´®à´‚) à´Žà´¨àµà´¨à´¿à´µà´°à´¾à´£àµ à´¦àµà´µà´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´ªàµà´ªà´£à´‚ à´¸àµà´µàµ€à´•à´°à´¿à´šàµà´šà´¤àµ. ലഭിചàµà´š പണം നാലàµà´­à´¾à´—മാകàµà´•à´¿ ഒരൠവിഹിതം à´—àµà´°àµà´µà´¾à´¯àµ‚à´°à´ªàµà´ªà´¨àµ സമരàµâ€à´ªàµà´ªà´¿à´šàµà´šàµ. മറàµà´±àµ മൂനàµà´¨àµà´µà´¿à´¹à´¿à´¤à´‚ à´…à´—àµâ€Œà´¨à´¿à´¹àµ‹à´¤àµà´°à´¿à´•àµà´•àµà´³àµà´³à´¤à´¾à´£àµ.

à´Šà´Ÿàµà´Ÿàµà´ªàµà´°à´¯à´¿à´²àµâ€ രാവിലെ നടനàµà´¨ à´¦àµà´µà´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´Šà´Ÿàµà´Ÿà´¿à´²àµâ€ 7000à´¤àµà´¤àµ‹à´³à´‚ à´­à´•àµà´¤à´°àµâ€ പങàµà´•àµ†à´Ÿàµà´¤àµà´¤àµ. 9നൠകàµà´·àµ‡à´¤àµà´°à´¨à´Ÿ à´…à´Ÿà´šàµà´šàµ. പിനàµà´¨àµ€à´Ÿàµ വൈകàµà´¨àµà´¨àµ‡à´°à´‚ മൂനàµà´¨à´°à´¯àµà´•àµà´•à´¾à´£àµ à´¤àµà´±à´¨àµà´¨à´¤àµ. ഇതിനിടയിലàµâ€ à´•àµà´·àµ‡à´¤àµà´°à´‚ à´•à´´àµà´•à´¿à´µàµƒà´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´¯à´¾à´•àµà´•à´¿ à´¶àµà´¦àµà´§à´¿à´•à´°àµâ€à´®àµà´®à´™àµà´™à´³àµâ€ നടതàµà´¤à´¿. ശീവേലിയàµà´‚ നടനàµà´¨àµ.

à´à´•à´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´¯àµà´Ÿàµ† ഭാഗമായ 'à´¤àµà´°à´¯àµ‹à´¦à´¶à´¿à´Šà´Ÿàµà´Ÿàµ' തിങàµà´•à´³à´¾à´´àµà´š നടകàµà´•àµà´‚. à´à´•à´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´šàµà´šà´Ÿà´™àµà´™àµà´•à´³àµâ€ ഇതോടെ സമാപികàµà´•àµà´‚. à´—àµà´°àµà´µà´¾à´¯àµ‚à´°à´ªàµà´ªà´¨àµâ€ തനàµà´±àµ† പരമഭകàµà´¤à´¨à´¾à´¯à´¿à´°àµà´¨àµà´¨ ഒരൠപരദേശിബàµà´°à´¾à´¹àµà´®à´£à´¨àµà´±àµ† à´¶àµà´°à´¾à´¦àµà´§à´‚ നടതàµà´¤àµà´¨àµà´¨àµà´µàµ†à´¨àµà´¨à´¾à´£àµ സങàµà´•à´²àµà´ªà´‚. സദàµà´¯à´¯à´¾à´£àµ ഇതിനàµà´±àµ† വിശേഷത. മതàµà´¤à´¨àµà´‚ നേനàµà´¤àµà´°à´ªàµà´ªà´´à´µàµà´‚ കൊണàµà´Ÿàµà´³àµà´³ പചàµà´šà´Ÿà´¿, മതàµà´¤à´¨àµâ€ പൊടിതൂവലàµâ€, എളവനàµâ€-ചേന-പയരàµâ€ കൂടàµà´Ÿàµà´•à´±à´¿, രസം, പിണàµà´Ÿà´¿à´ªàµà´ªà´¾à´¯à´¸à´‚ à´Žà´¨àµà´¨à´¿à´µà´¯à´¾à´£àµ വിഭവങàµà´™à´³àµâ€.

Om Namo NarayanayaChandrasekharan

THRIKKARTHIKA

Posted by: " gopalkrishna25 " gopalkrishna25@ .co. in   gopalkrishna25

Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:17 pm (PST)

Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:41 pm (PST)

<http://2.bp. blogspot. com/_OIEBhJkLZT4 /SxRohhvNq7I/ AAAAAAAAEgg/ TrEDYBObeAQ/ s1600/chanting+ near+hut. jpg>

I resented the �four behind� calculation but made the best of it and triedto keep a good attitude. I�m actually so far behind in my lifetime that Ican never make up all the rounds that I owe Krishna. You owe Him your life.

You owe Him hundreds of rounds. You owe Him just one good mantra of HareKrishna, said perfectly. You are not doing Him a favor. He�s doing you afavor by allowing you to chant Hare Krishna, and Prabhupada has been so

lenient to make it a sixteen-round minimum. You have nothing to complainabout.Taken from Bhajan Kutir#269<http://www.sdgonlin e.org/yellow_ submarine/ yourservant_ 269.html>

-- At the present moment our minds are polluted with the dirt accumulated overmillions and millions of lifetimes of sense gratification. Even though ouroriginal pure nature is eternal, full of knowledge, and full of bliss, due

to our mental contamination we are presently suffering in the realm oftemporality, ignorance, and misery. By the purificatory process of chantingthe holy names of God we can revive our original, pure nature and thus

relish the sweetest happiness at every minute.Chant:Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare

blog..

Posted by: " anuradha iyer " anuiyer1973@ .co. in   anuiyer1973

Wrongly quoting Bhagavad Gita to explain the mass destruction caused by US and its allies People around the world misuse hindu scriptures to justify their actions. We should not allow other religions to take hindus and hinduism for a ride.

The word Hinduism ,Aryan itself is a misnomer.Hindu name is given by invaders.Aryan race was coined by Max Muller.unfortunatel y The priceless, timeless and ulimate truth as illuminated by the Sanathana Dharma had not been appreciated even in India till recently. It is the most liberal and democratic way of life and quest for truth. The world is now slowly but steadily realising this fact. This is the only solution to the world torn apart under the weight of conflicts and destructions that various barbazic and violent civilisations have brought upon the universe.

here it is.....  An article appearing in FPIF on the mass destruction caused by The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage. http://in.. com/

Recent Activity

New Photos

New Files

Visit Your Group

Mom Power

Just for moms

Join the discussion

Parenting Zone

Community resources

for parents

Small Business Group

A community for

small business owners

Need to Reply?

Click one of the " Reply " links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Om Namo Narayanaya:

MARKETPLACE

Change settings via the Web ( ID required)

Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Individual | Switch format to Traditional

Visit Your Group | Terms of Use | Un

HARI OM !

While I totally agree with Mr Kamalesh that Tulasi is blessed and nearer to Lord, we are taking care of her interest as the Plant is on this earth in front of us and we honour her interests as we do for ourselves.... is it not?  Since we are not supposed to pluck the tulasi on Full Moon day, Amavasi Day, On Tuesdays and Fridays and on Ekadasi/Dwadasi days, we normally pluck the leaves on the previous day itself and keep in a wet cloth for next day's pooja....

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA !

2009/12/2 Veryytterium <veryytterium

namo narayana

Respected Sir,

As I have learned, tulasi cannot be picked on dwadasi (amongst other days), but can be offered (should) be offered to Lord Narayana during the ekadasi vratham  aradhanam.

Ekadasi vratham is prescribed only for baddha jeevatmas (like humans) to get rid of their prarabdha karmas.

Mukthaatmas (liberated souls) and nitya sooris -Lord's close companions such Tulasi devi who have the bhaagyam of  serving Lord Narayana in Sri Vaikuntham without even a second's  break do not have  any reason to perform such cleansing vrathams. 

Sincerely,

Kamlesh--- On Wed, 12/2/09, prathap varma <rpv456 wrote:

prathap varma <rpv456[Guruvayur] Reply on Ekadesiguruvayur

Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 5:11 AM

Dear devotees,

Very glad to read about your experiences during the Great Ekadesi day.  One of the messages i found that he/she got Thulasi leaves on Ekadesi Day. As a matter of fact

that on Ekadesi day Thulasi Devi also fasts so we shoul not water Thulasi plants or pluck leaves.  On Dwadasi day also you should not pluck the leaves as Thulasi Devi  is tired and we should not hurt her.

Also maxium to fast  the whole day till late evening and try to take only fruits and milk.  T next day try to take more leaves for lunch.  You can also go to the websites and check the details on fasting.   I noticed in kerala people eat wheat  instead of rise.  Better we avoid that also.

I admire every one who fasts on Ekadesi and surely we will be blessed by  Lorrd NARAYANA.

HARI OOM.

guruvayur@grou ps.com <guruvayur@grou ps.com> [Guruvayur] Digest Number 2192[1 Attachment]guruvayur@grou ps.com

Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 1:36 PM

Guruvayur

1a.

1b.

6a.

6b.

blog.. anuradha iyer

1a.

Posted by: " Manju ambady " manju_ambady@ .co. in   manju_ambady

Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:43 am (PST)

Dear Sunilji, Last year for guruvayoor Ekadeshi, we were in Guruvayoor. It was wonderful. This year we were very lucky to have guruvayoor ekadeshi on saturday, (as it was Eid holiday in Dubai),  so that we can sit at home and do the chanting peacefully, It was really very great, Myself & husband got up before sunrise, had a very good meditation for 1 hour and after that we went to krishna temple & shiva temple. Afterwards, we had chanting of vishnu sahrsanamam and narayaneeyam. We didnt take any rice, but had only fruits & milk.

This time, from Nov16th to Nov.27th , we had a discourse on bhagwatham  ( how to apply in your daily life) by Swami Udit Chaitanya. We are thankful to our Lord Guruvayoorappan, as we were able to attend the discourse regularly, which was really uplifting for the sincere seekers. May lord bless all of us, to remember about him always and to surrender ourselves at his lotus feet.

with prayersManju--- On Sun, 29/11/09, Sunil M <menon_sunil@ > wrote:

Sunil M <menon_sunil@ >[Guruvayur] Ekadasi - did you observe? share you experience.

guruvayur@grou ps.comSunday, 29 November, 2009, 6:56 AM  Dear GuruDevs,

Hope everyone had the blessing of observing the Ekadasi in your own way. Please share your personal experience of the day and how you observed the same for rest of us to learn.I was glad to get some Thulasi leaves on Ekadasi day from a friend's home.

Om Namo Narayanaya:SunilThe INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage. http://in.. com/

1b.

Posted by: " sashikala srinivasan " sashikalasrinivasan @gmail.com   sashikala57

Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:48 am (PST)

Dear brothers and sistersActually i visit chimaya mission in bangalore regularly and we had arrangedfor reading of bhagwat gita. since my son and husband were busy they told me

it was not advisable for me to go alone. Iwas very much upset and prayingto lord krishna that somehow he should make me atleast visit the temple forthe final chapter.All this was going on in my mind the previous day and i

went to bed as usual and got upearly the next morning. My husband too got uphad his wash and came to the kitchen as i was preparing coffee he told methere was gita chanting just at the corner of my street and there was a

call in the night to pass on the information. my joy knew no bounds .i observed the fast and also did gita parayanam.hare krishnakala srinivasanon, Nov 30, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Sajan Sukumaran <sajan_sukumaran@ >wrote:

>>> Dear Sunilji and other Gurudevs,>> It was a woderful day. Since last few months I have been observing all the> Ekadasis. This is my first Guruvayoor Ekadasi vratham. With> Guruvayoorappans

> blessings this Ekadasi falls on a holiday here in Kuwait. So I got more> time in chanting> the namas and reading.> The day started before Sunrise with usual prayers and chanting> Vishnu Sahasranamam and Dasakam 1,3 and 100 from Narayaneeyam.

> The day went fast by listening audios of Jnanappana, Narayaneeyam and> Bhagawath Geetha.> And when I open the mail, I saw the surprising news of 2nd Koti Nama Japam.> Immediately> posted the usual 108 Namams and after that typed another 1080 Namams of

> Om Namo> Narayanaya. Then participate in Swamiye Sharanam Ayyappa blog, and Shiva> bhakthi blog> nama japams. Again in the evening chanted Vishnusahasra Namam and 1,3 and> 100 Dasakams

> from our Balenduji's " Neythiri " .>> On Dwadasi day before Sunrise started my morning prayers> and chanted Vishnusahasra namam and Dasakam 100 of Narayaneeyam, after that> had my break-fast.

>> Due to some health problems I could not observe fasting in the strict> sence. So I consume 3 glasses> of water during the whole fasting time. May Bhagwan forgive me for my> mistakes.>

> Om Namo Narayanaya.> Regards and Prayers>> Sajan.>> ------------ --------- ---------> ** Sunil M <menon_sunil@ >

> *To:* guruvayur@grou ps.com> *Sent:* Sun, November 29, 2009 4:26:38 AM>> *Subject:* [Guruvayur] Ekadasi - did you observe? share you experience.

>>>> Dear GuruDevs,>>> Hope everyone had the blessing of observing the Ekadasi in your own way.> Please share your personal experience of the day and how you observed the

> same for rest of us to learn.>> I was glad to get some Thulasi leaves on Ekadasi day from a friend's home.>> Om Namo Narayanaya:> Sunil>>>>>

<http://japagroup. blogspot. com/2009/ 11/holy-names- our-precious- gift.html? utm_source= feedburner & utm_medium= email>

<http://1.bp. blogspot. com/_OIEBhJkLZT4 /SxMQNxVQYnI/ AAAAAAAAEgQ/ k4Wew9W7d5A/ s1600/Harinama2. jpg>

Hare Krsna dear devotees, I hope your week of chanting has been focused anddedicated to the holy names of the Lord.Here in Brazil it's Spring with hot weather and rain all the time, lookingoutside the window I can see grey sky and a cool breeze coming. Reminds me

of the farm temple I used to live, always very fresh weather.The boys are there playing soccer in the rain....they have already chantedtheir rounds, made some bhajan and took nice prasadam served to the Deities

of Gaura Nitai today. Kesava is becoming a good cook he helped me with themango ice cream, Gouranga Potatoes, Byriani Rice, Banana Lassi and PeaSamosas. The preparations came out well and is very purifying to our

spiritual life always engage our minds in service during the day.These days I consider my japa average, even though I wake up early to chant,listen about good tips for chanting and meditate on the holy names I think I

need to give more of myself. We usually make so many plans in our lives andnot always they are fully connected to our spiritual lives improvement orour japa.Why do we have this tendency to put everything first then later our

japa....this is incorrectbecause our japa needs to be priority and ifchanting is strong the whole day is going to be peaceful and focused in ouraim which is service to the lotus feet of the vaisnavas and Krsna.

All starts by being grateful we have the holy names, our precious jewel andthe devotees to serve - we have this philosophy and also inner strength togo on with our spiritual lives....intelligen ce to distinguish between what

is favourable and what is unfavourable to devotional service and mainlyunderstand Krsnas plans to our lives.This japa group is loaded with wonderful tips from the devotees and we areso blessed by their association. I would like to thank them for the nice

service and ask them to bless my life so I can go on with my service.May you all have a wonderful week and be able to chant with your heart forthe pleasure of the Supreme.your servant,Aruna devi

4 Tips Before ChantingJapa<http://japagroup. blogspot. com/2009/ 11/4-tips- before-chanting- japa.html? utm_source= feedburner & utm_medium= email>

<http://2.bp. blogspot. com/_OIEBhJkLZT4 /SxICzD31zxI/ AAAAAAAAEgA/ gOf0L-EFBbQ/ s1600/japa15. jpg>

Here are some handy tips before you start chanting Japa:- First of all, make sure you are not tired.- Make sure you have proper pronunciation.- Make sure you are not being distracted by anything.- Then fix on your concentration.

Taken from www.iskcon.com<http://www.iskcon. com/basics/ chantingexercise s.html>

ENGINE TROBLE?

Posted by: " balagopal ramakrishnan " rbalpal (AT) (DOT) co.in   rbalpal

HARI AUM Below is what Swami Chinmayanandaji said about BG Ch. 14.  " This chapter is an exhaustive hand-book of instructions explaining the working of the subtle  body and providing us with some tips as to how we can re-adjust ourselves when the inner mechanisms get choked up and starts misfiring. If a man, totally ignorant of the behaviour and nature of the machine under bonnet, were to drive a car wishing to make a long pilgrimage, he may not have a very pleasant journey if and when the engine starts mis-behaving. On the other hand, if he be an experienced driver, knowing the nature and behaviour of the engine, he can immediately stop the car, open the bonnet, readjust the machine and drive on towards the goal.

...This chapter is very important for all seekers. " The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage. http://in.. com/

Posted by: " Saroja " sarojram18   sarojram18

Bhakthirathnakara- Meera 1.7-The turning pointMeera sang `thum suno dhayaaL mein araji, `bhoosaagar meinbahijaat hun,' " Oh Lord, you are compassionate . Hear my prayer.

I am drowning in the ocean of samsar. " `Yo sansaar sage nahikoi,' " I have no one in this world. " Crying piteouslyMeera feel at the feet of Giridhari and a flower fell on her from Hisgarland. She looked at Him and forgot her anguish seeing His bewitching

smile and started singing and dancing again. mhaaro man har lenyaaranachor , she sang, " my Ranachor has captivated my heart. " Shesaw Him with His peacock feathers on his head, an umbrella over His head

and the earrings which dangle beautifully when He played the flute andshe forgot the world and her misery.Giridhari had decided to cut off her bondage and make her His own. Butthe gold must be purified by going through the ordeal of fire. This is

what happened to Meera. She underwent an ordeal equal to that ofPrahlada. She was sent a basket with a cobra inside under the pretextthat it contained flowers and when she opened it proved to be exactly soby the grace of the Lord. She was asked to drink the poison which could

not harm her. The bed of thorns which was sent to her as punishmentturned into a bed of roses. Then she was left alone for sometime. Meerahappily resumed her singing. She sang `vish ka pyaalaa raNaajeenebhejaa peevatha Meera hansi re pag gungurubandh meeraa naachi re'

meaning that Ranaji has sent poison but Meera drank it and laughed.Meera is dancing tying the bells around her ankles. She said raNaji nejaharadhiyomheu jaani kjaiseykaancahn dhahath again main nikasatbaarabaani , " Ranaji I know, has given me poison but as the gold

emerges form the fire with more brightness my love for Giridhari hasbecome stronger after drinking the poison. " Just as the fragrance of a flower could not be shut out, the fame ofMeera and her devotion spread far and wide, and it reached the ears of

the Mogul emperor Akbar.Akbar was known to be unprejudiced with respect to religion and herespected holy men of all faith. He heard Tansen, his court musiciansinging the bajan of Meera and was impressed by it. He wished to see

Meera but Tansen told him that it was impossible since she is the queenof Mewar and the rajput kings of Mewar and regions around it were hisenemies. But Akbar was determined and asked him to find a way. Tansen

suggested that they could go there disguised as sannyasis and both ofthem reached Mewar in the disguise of sadhus and went to the templewhere Meera was singing bajans along with other sadhus. Akbar wasawestruck with her devotion and the sweetness of her music and met her

after the bajan was over and everyone had left and told her that theycame from Brindavan. Meera being innocent was overwhelmed on theirmention of Brindavan and talked with them. Akbar gave her a veryvaluable gem necklace to be adorned on her Giridhari.

Even though Akbar was disguised the news of his coming to the temple andhaving touched her feet and presented her a gem necklace reached theears of Rana who became mad with anger. He remonstrated with Meera for

having seen the sworn enemy of the Rajputs who replied that they weresadhus. Meera was terrified by his anger. Rana ordered the temple to bedemolished, which broke her heart. She cried hari thum haryo jan kibheer, " Hari you removed the troubles of your devotees like

Gajendra, Draupadhi and Prahlada. Now you save me from my trouble. " And when Rana told her to go and drown herself, she went straight to theriver and entered in.

PRABHUPADA'S QUOTE OF THE DAY " If you do not understand somebody, how you can love him? Love is far, faraway. But Caitanya Mahaprabhu is so kind that He is distributing

Krishna-prema: " Take, anyone. Come on. " " Bombay, November 30, 1974--- At the present moment our minds are polluted with the dirt accumulated overmillions and millions of lifetimes of sense gratification. Even though our

original pure nature is eternal, full of knowledge, and full of bliss, dueto our mental contamination we are presently suffering in the realm oftemporality, ignorance, and misery. By the purificatory process of chanting

the holy names of God we can revive our original, pure nature and thusrelish the sweetest happiness at every minute.Chant:Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare

6a.

Posted by: " Savitri Puram " savitriopuram@ gmail.com   savitriopuram

Dear all,There are 18 chapaters in Bhagavad Gita and they are divided in to threeshadkaas or to three groups containing six chapters in each group. .

These three groups represents the three words of the Upanishadic statement " That Thvam Asi " or " That Thou Art " .Word " Tvam " is illustrated by Karma Yogam, word " That " is illlustrated by

Bhakthi Yogam and word " Asi " is illustrated by Njaana Yogam. During Karmayogam and Bhakthi Yogam, a sadhaka retains the concept of duality, that is,God and I, where as Njaana Yogam takes saadhaka beyond dwaitham or Duality

to Advaitham or Non-duality. Saadhaka merges with the ParmaathmaChaithanyam. When one goes beyond the states of " tvam " and " that " , he goesbeyond Kaalam or time of Bhoota-vartthamaana -bhaavi or past-present- future.

This stage is beyond all three Gunaas, all three time frames, all threestates Jaagrath, Sswapnam, Sushupthi (or waking, dream and deep sleep) andBhagavaan advises Arjuna and all of us to reach the Thuriya or the fourth

state of bliss through the steps of selfless actions and sincere love ofGod and all of His creation.Upanishaadic statement " That Tvam Asi " is an easy formula for us to rememberthe essence of the 700 slokaas of Bhgavad Gita.

(based on an article in Bhakthapriya by Narayanana Pisharody)Regards and prayerssavitri

6b.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:36 pm (PST)

Savitriji,A very gigantic THANK YOU.SincerelyUdhayabhanu Panickaraum namaHShivaaya LET US NOT MAKE OUR STOMACH A GRAVEYARD. LET US NOT EAT FLESH.LET US BE VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY. Animals are to be loved, not eaten. Eating flesh is good neither for the mind nor for the intellect, not even for the body. It distorts the basic character of human.

--- On Mon, 11/30/09, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com> wrote:Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com>

[Guruvayur] Namasthe- Three words and GitaMonday, November 30, 2009, 4:08 AM Dear all, There are 18 chapaters in Bhagavad Gita and they are divided in to three shadkaas or to three groups containing six chapters in each group. .

These three groups represents the three words of the Upanishadic statement " That Thvam Asi " or " That Thou Art " . Word " Tvam " is illustrated by Karma Yogam,  word " That " is illlustrated by Bhakthi Yogam and word " Asi " is illustrated by Njaana Yogam. During Karma yogam and Bhakthi Yogam, a sadhaka retains the concept of duality, that is, God and I, where as Njaana Yogam takes saadhaka beyond dwaitham or Duality to Advaitham or Non-duality. Saadhaka merges with the Parmaathma Chaithanyam. When one goes beyond the states of " tvam " and " that " , he goes beyond Kaalam or time of Bhoota-vartthamaana -bhaavi or past-present- future. This stage is beyond all three Gunaas, all three time frames, all three states Jaagrath, Sswapnam, Sushupthi (or waking, dream and deep sleep) and Bhagavaan advises Arjuna and all of us to reach the Thuriya or the fourth state of bliss through the steps of selfless actions and  sincere love of God and all of His creation.  

Upanishaadic statement " That Tvam Asi " is an easy formula for us to remember the essence of the 700 slokaas of Bhgavad Gita. (based on an article in Bhakthapriya by Narayanana Pisharody) 

Regards and prayers savitri

Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:47 am (PST)

*Hare Krishna****This is the site address where you can get all the prayers and Mantrasrecited in the temple with their meaning.*

*Temple mantra guide**** *http://causelessmer cy.com/TMG. htm?t=3818At the present moment our minds are polluted with the dirt accumulated over

millions and millions of lifetimes of sense gratification. Even though ouroriginal pure nature is eternal, full of knowledge, and full of bliss, dueto our mental contamination we are presently suffering in the realm of

temporality, ignorance, and misery. By the purificatory process of chantingthe holy names of God we can revive our original, pure nature and thusrelish the sweetest happiness at every minute.Chant:Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare

Posted by: " jayasankar vattekkat " vinodvattekkat@ .co. in   vinodvattekkat

Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:49 am (PST)

à´’à´°àµà´ªà´¿à´Ÿà´¿ അവലàµà´®à´¾à´¯àµ ജനàµà´®à´™àµà´™àµ¾ താണàµà´Ÿà´¿..........http://api.ning. com e5jczF0ZkzP* 8TtgCjcUf4rJW- D9YPbGSH36hBO6Qx Pp3agycioDv8PTdN wghT-MgCR5KLXNI4 3SAb78qvuLaxoB5R 52DqNl/krishnaku chela.jpg

--- On Fri, 20/11/09, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com> wrote:

Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com>[Guruvayur] Namasthe- Symbolism in Kuchelavruttham

Friday, 20 November, 2009, 5:19 PM Dear all, 1.The name Sudama. This word means one who is bound by the rope of different karmaas. (daamam is rope)   2. Sudama got the name Kuchelan because his poverty sometimes forced him to wear not- so- clean  clothes or Kuthsitha chela. (he did not even have another one to wear when the one he was wearing was being washed and dried)

3. Four handfuls of rice flakes or Poha (avil in Malayalam) stand for Dharmam, arthham, kaamam and Moksham.  4. The rice with husk (before making into flakes) represents karmabeejam or seed of actions. In the right environment it will sprout. To avoid that, with great effort it was made into flakes and tied in a bag so that no more karmaas will sprout from those seeds.

5. This bag of flakes also represents the warmth of his friendship with Lord Krishna. It is not appropriate to visit Lord with empty hands. 6. Lord Krishna who is Dwaraka vaasin is Kshethrajnan or one who dwells in every body's heart.

Now let us put the story together: One who is bound by the karmaas (sudaama and all of us), with great effort and intense devotion transformed the seeds of all his Dharma, arthha, kaama and moksha kaamya karmaas or result oriented actions, into nishkaama karmaas (with out expecting results) or flakes that would never sprout, tied in a bag  and offered at the feet of Lord Krishna, the Kshethrajnan, as a symbol of his warm friendship and love.

Eating one handful of the flakes was enough to give all the blessings Sudama needed to continue his journey in the path of devotion towards Bhagavaan. Sudama got what he deserved with out asking the Lord. 

Bhagavaan takes away everything from a DEVOTEE when he sees that wealth creates an obstacle in their path of devotion. But when poverty becomes an obstacle in a DEVOTEE's path of devotion, he showers with wealth on them. Either way devotees always feel grateful towards Bhagavaan's decisions. This is hundred percent true in Sudama's case.

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage. http://in.. com/

Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:52 am (PST)

[Attachment(s) from Udayabhanu Panickar included below]

Dear Friend,I am attaching an article I read on dharmam in our ithihasangal. I think Bhakthi and dharmam are very closely connected.SincerelyUdhayabhanu Panickaraum namaHShivaaya LET US NOT MAKE OUR STOMACH A GRAVEYARD. LET US NOT EAT FLESH.LET US BE VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY. Animals are to be loved, not eaten. Eating flesh is good neither for the mind nor for the intellect, not even for the body. It distorts the basic character of human.

1 of 1 File(s)

Dhvadasi samarpaNam

Posted by: " Chandra Menon " chandrasmenon2002@   chandrasmenon2002

Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:35 pm (PST)

Om Namo NarayanayaDear GurudevsI read the following in Mathrubhumi and if any of our members did not have a chance to read please go ahead. I am sorry for those who cannot read Malayalam and this article just mentions about record collection at Guruvayoor on dhvadasi day.

Om Namo Narayanayaà´¦àµà´µà´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´ªàµà´ªà´£ സമരàµâ€à´ªàµà´ªà´£à´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´¨àµ സരàµâ€à´µàµà´µà´•à´¾à´² റെകàµà´•àµ‹à´¡àµ Posted on: 30 Nov 2009à´—àµà´°àµà´µà´¾à´¯àµ‚à´°àµâ€:à´•àµà´·àµ‡à´¤àµà´°à´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´²àµâ€ à´à´•à´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´¯àµà´Ÿàµ† ഭാഗമായി ഞായറാഴàµà´š à´¦àµà´µà´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´¦à´¿à´µà´¸à´‚ രാവിലെ നടനàµà´¨ 'à´¦àµà´µà´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´ªàµà´ªà´£' സമരàµâ€à´ªàµà´ªà´£à´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´¨àµ à´®àµà´¨àµâ€à´µà´°àµâ€à´·à´™àµà´™à´³àµ‡à´•àµà´•à´¾à´³àµâ€ തിരകàµà´•àµ à´…à´¨àµà´­à´µà´ªàµà´ªàµ†à´Ÿàµà´Ÿàµ. യാഗങàµà´™à´³àµâ€ നടതàµà´¤à´¿à´¯ à´…à´—àµâ€Œà´¨à´¿à´¹àµ‹à´¤àµà´°à´¿à´•à´³àµà´Ÿàµ† à´®àµà´¨àµà´¨à´¿à´²àµâ€ ആയിരങàµà´™à´³àµâ€ ദകàµà´·à´¿à´£ സമരàµâ€à´ªàµà´ªà´¿à´šàµà´šàµ. 2, 92, 348 രൂപയാണൠദàµà´µà´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´ªàµà´ªà´£à´‚ ലഭിചàµà´šà´¤àµ. ഇതൠകഴിഞàµà´žà´µà´°àµâ€à´·à´¤àµà´¤àµ‡à´•àµà´•à´¾à´³àµâ€ 33,304 രൂപ കൂടàµà´¤à´²à´¾à´£àµ. à´•àµà´·àµ‡à´¤àµà´°à´‚ കൂതàµà´¤à´®àµà´ªà´²à´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´²àµâ€

ഞായറാഴàµà´š à´ªàµà´²à´°àµâ€à´šàµà´šàµ† 12.05നാണൠസമരàµâ€à´ªàµà´ªà´£à´‚ à´¤àµà´Ÿà´™àµà´™à´¿à´¯à´¤àµ.à´¶àµà´•à´ªàµà´°à´‚, പെരàµà´µà´¨à´‚, ഇരിങàµà´™à´¾à´²à´•àµà´•àµà´Ÿ à´—àµà´°à´¾à´®à´™àµà´™à´³à´¿à´²àµ† 8 à´…à´—àµâ€Œà´¨à´¿à´¹àµ‹à´¤àµà´°à´¿à´®à´¾à´°à´¾à´£àµ ദകàµà´·à´¿à´£ à´¸àµà´µàµ€à´•à´°à´¿à´•àµà´•à´¾à´¨àµâ€ à´Žà´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´¯à´¤àµ.à´­à´Ÿàµà´Ÿà´¿à´ªàµà´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´²àµà´²à´¤àµà´¤àµ രവി à´…à´•àµà´•à´¿à´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´°à´¿à´ªàµà´ªà´¾à´Ÿàµ, കവപàµà´°à´®à´¾à´±à´¤àµà´¤àµ ശങàµà´•à´°à´¨à´¾à´°à´¾à´¯à´£à´¨àµâ€ à´…à´•àµà´•à´¿à´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´°à´¿à´ªàµà´ªà´¾à´Ÿàµ, ചെറàµà´®àµà´•àµà´•àµ വൈദികനàµâ€ വലàµà´²à´­à´¨àµâ€ സോമയാജിപàµà´ªà´¾à´Ÿàµ, à´ªàµà´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´²àµà´²à´¤àµà´¤àµ രാമാനàµà´œà´¨àµâ€ സോമയാജിപàµà´ªà´¾à´Ÿàµ (à´¶àµà´•à´ªàµà´°à´‚ à´—àµà´°à´¾à´®à´‚), വടകàµà´•àµ‡à´Ÿà´¤àµà´¤àµ à´•à´ªàµà´²à´¿à´¯à´™àµà´™à´¾à´Ÿàµà´Ÿàµ ശങàµà´•à´°à´¨àµâ€ അടിതിരിപàµà´ªà´¾à´Ÿàµ, à´•àµà´±àµà´¶àµà´¶à´¾à´°àµ‚à´°àµâ€ നാരായണനàµâ€ സോമയാജിപàµà´ªà´¾à´Ÿàµ (പെരàµà´µà´¨à´‚ à´—àµà´°à´¾à´®à´‚).

കൈമàµà´•àµà´•àµ വൈദികനàµâ€ രാമനàµâ€ സോമയാജിപàµà´ªà´¾à´Ÿàµ, നനàµà´¦à´¿à´•àµà´•à´° നടàµà´µà´¤àµà´¤àµ നാരായണനàµâ€ സോമയാജിപàµà´ªà´¾à´Ÿàµ (ഇരിങàµà´™à´¾à´²à´•àµà´•àµà´Ÿ à´—àµà´°à´¾à´®à´‚) à´Žà´¨àµà´¨à´¿à´µà´°à´¾à´£àµ à´¦àµà´µà´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´ªàµà´ªà´£à´‚ à´¸àµà´µàµ€à´•à´°à´¿à´šàµà´šà´¤àµ. ലഭിചàµà´š പണം നാലàµà´­à´¾à´—മാകàµà´•à´¿ ഒരൠവിഹിതം à´—àµà´°àµà´µà´¾à´¯àµ‚à´°à´ªàµà´ªà´¨àµ സമരàµâ€à´ªàµà´ªà´¿à´šàµà´šàµ. മറàµà´±àµ മൂനàµà´¨àµà´µà´¿à´¹à´¿à´¤à´‚ à´…à´—àµâ€Œà´¨à´¿à´¹àµ‹à´¤àµà´°à´¿à´•àµà´•àµà´³àµà´³à´¤à´¾à´£àµ.

à´Šà´Ÿàµà´Ÿàµà´ªàµà´°à´¯à´¿à´²àµâ€ രാവിലെ നടനàµà´¨ à´¦àµà´µà´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´Šà´Ÿàµà´Ÿà´¿à´²àµâ€ 7000à´¤àµà´¤àµ‹à´³à´‚ à´­à´•àµà´¤à´°àµâ€ പങàµà´•àµ†à´Ÿàµà´¤àµà´¤àµ. 9നൠകàµà´·àµ‡à´¤àµà´°à´¨à´Ÿ à´…à´Ÿà´šàµà´šàµ. പിനàµà´¨àµ€à´Ÿàµ വൈകàµà´¨àµà´¨àµ‡à´°à´‚ മൂനàµà´¨à´°à´¯àµà´•àµà´•à´¾à´£àµ à´¤àµà´±à´¨àµà´¨à´¤àµ. ഇതിനിടയിലàµâ€ à´•àµà´·àµ‡à´¤àµà´°à´‚ à´•à´´àµà´•à´¿à´µàµƒà´¤àµà´¤à´¿à´¯à´¾à´•àµà´•à´¿ à´¶àµà´¦àµà´§à´¿à´•à´°àµâ€à´®àµà´®à´™àµà´™à´³àµâ€ നടതàµà´¤à´¿. ശീവേലിയàµà´‚ നടനàµà´¨àµ.

à´à´•à´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´¯àµà´Ÿàµ† ഭാഗമായ 'à´¤àµà´°à´¯àµ‹à´¦à´¶à´¿à´Šà´Ÿàµà´Ÿàµ' തിങàµà´•à´³à´¾à´´àµà´š നടകàµà´•àµà´‚. à´à´•à´¾à´¦à´¶à´¿à´šàµà´šà´Ÿà´™àµà´™àµà´•à´³àµâ€ ഇതോടെ സമാപികàµà´•àµà´‚. à´—àµà´°àµà´µà´¾à´¯àµ‚à´°à´ªàµà´ªà´¨àµâ€ തനàµà´±àµ† പരമഭകàµà´¤à´¨à´¾à´¯à´¿à´°àµà´¨àµà´¨ ഒരൠപരദേശിബàµà´°à´¾à´¹àµà´®à´£à´¨àµà´±àµ† à´¶àµà´°à´¾à´¦àµà´§à´‚ നടതàµà´¤àµà´¨àµà´¨àµà´µàµ†à´¨àµà´¨à´¾à´£àµ സങàµà´•à´²àµà´ªà´‚. സദàµà´¯à´¯à´¾à´£àµ ഇതിനàµà´±àµ† വിശേഷത. മതàµà´¤à´¨àµà´‚ നേനàµà´¤àµà´°à´ªàµà´ªà´´à´µàµà´‚ കൊണàµà´Ÿàµà´³àµà´³ പചàµà´šà´Ÿà´¿, മതàµà´¤à´¨àµâ€ പൊടിതൂവലàµâ€, എളവനàµâ€-ചേന-പയരàµâ€ കൂടàµà´Ÿàµà´•à´±à´¿, രസം, പിണàµà´Ÿà´¿à´ªàµà´ªà´¾à´¯à´¸à´‚ à´Žà´¨àµà´¨à´¿à´µà´¯à´¾à´£àµ വിഭവങàµà´™à´³àµâ€.

Om Namo NarayanayaChandrasekharan

THRIKKARTHIKA

Posted by: " gopalkrishna25 " gopalkrishna25@ .co. in   gopalkrishna25

Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:17 pm (PST)

<http://2.bp. blogspot. com/_OIEBhJkLZT4 /SxRohhvNq7I/ AAAAAAAAEgg/ TrEDYBObeAQ/ s1600/chanting+ near+hut. jpg>

I resented the �four behind� calculation but made the best of it and triedto keep a good attitude. I�m actually so far behind in my lifetime that Ican never make up all the rounds that I owe Krishna. You owe Him your life.

You owe Him hundreds of rounds. You owe Him just one good mantra of HareKrishna, said perfectly. You are not doing Him a favor. He�s doing you afavor by allowing you to chant Hare Krishna, and Prabhupada has been so

lenient to make it a sixteen-round minimum. You have nothing to complainabout.Taken from Bhajan Kutir#269<http://www.sdgonlin e.org/yellow_ submarine/ yourservant_ 269.html>

blog..

Posted by: " anuradha iyer " anuiyer1973@ .co. in   anuiyer1973

Wrongly quoting Bhagavad Gita to explain the mass destruction caused by US and its allies People around the world misuse hindu scriptures to justify their actions. We should not allow other religions to take hindus and hinduism for a ride.

The word Hinduism ,Aryan itself is a misnomer.Hindu name is given by invaders.Aryan race was coined by Max Muller.unfortunatel y The priceless, timeless and ulimate truth as illuminated by the Sanathana Dharma had not been appreciated even in India till recently. It is the most liberal and democratic way of life and quest for truth. The world is now slowly but steadily realising this fact. This is the only solution to the world torn apart under the weight of conflicts and destructions that various barbazic and violent civilisations have brought upon the universe.

here it is.....  An article appearing in FPIF on the mass destruction caused by The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage. http://in.. com/

Recent Activity

New Photos

New Files

Visit Your Group

Mom Power

Just for moms

Join the discussion

Parenting Zone

Community resources

for parents

Small Business Group

A community for

small business owners

Need to Reply?

Click one of the " Reply " links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Om Namo Narayanaya:

MARKETPLACE

Change settings via the Web ( ID required)

Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Individual | Switch format to Traditional

Visit Your Group | Terms of Use | Un

-- Best regardsJayasree MenonBangaloremy blog link: http://www.pythrukam.blogspot.com/

--A well-thought out plan, execution excellence, market timing, personal leadership are drivers of the growth   trajectory.