IndiaDivine.org

Namasthe- Atmanivedanam or self surrender

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear all,

This is the last one of the nine types of Bhakthi  Prahlada described to his father Hiranyakashipu and this is the final stage of bhakthi. When the surrender is complete, Prahlad says, devotee becomes a jeevan muktha and when the " prarabdha karmaas " (karmaas accumulated from the previous janmaas) get exhausted the body just falls and jeevathma merges with Lord.

Aathmanivedanam or self surrender happens in two stages: one is the initial stage without the intense feeling (Bhava-hina aathmanivedanam) and one with intense feeling of separation from Lord which is called Bhava-yuktha Aathmanivedanam. The second type is described in Gita by Bhagavaan:

mac-citta mad-gata-pranabodhayantah parasparamkathayantas ca mam nityamtusyanti ca ramanti ca " Those whose minds are absorbed in Me and whose lives are wholeheartedly devoted to My service, derive great satisfaction and bliss from constantly enlightening one another about My tattva and performing kirtana of My name, form, qualities and pastimes.

tesam satata-yuktanambhajatam priti-purvakamdadami buddhi-yogam tam yena mam upayanti teHere, Krsna is saying: " Those whose minds and lives are devoted to Me and who always meditate on Me, always speak about Me and derive satisfaction in Me alone. Their minds feel relaxation and comfort only by thinking about Me, and they are constantly desirous of perpetual union with Me. I bestow upon such bhaktas buddhi-yoga, transcendental intelligence and knowledge by which they can attain Me. " (Prabhupada's translation)

How can we develop this blissful attitude of surrender to Bhagavaan or Isthadevatha? This question is answered by bhagavaan in the second sloka above.

Sreekrishnaarpanamasthu

Regards and prayers

savitri