Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear all,

This simple slokam describes the greatness of Shankaracharya:

Ashta varshe chathur vedaan 

dwaadashe sarvasaashtrakruth

shoodhashe kruthavaan bhaashyam

dwaathrimshe munirabhygaatha                       

By eight years, he studied all the four vedaas (first line), by 12 years, he wrote books on all shaasthraas (second line), by 16 years, he wrote all bhashyams (third line) and gave up his material body when he was 32!(last line).

With ananthakoti namaskaaram at his feet

शà¥à¤°à¥à¤¤à¤¿ सà¥à¤®à¥ƒà¤¤à¤¿ पà¥à¤°à¤¾à¤£à¤¾à¤¨à¤¾à¤®à¤¾à¤²à¤¯à¤‚ करà¥à¤£à¤¾à¤²à¤¯à¤‚|नमामि भगवतà¥à¤ªà¤¾à¤¦à¤¶à¤‚करं लॊकशंकरं ||

Åšruti smá¹›ti purÄṇÄnÄṃÄlayaṃ karuṇÄlayaṃ|NamÄmi BhagavatpÄdaÅ›aá¹…karaṃ lokaÅ›aá¹…karaṃ||

I salute the compassionate abode of the Vedas, Smritis and Puranas known as Shankara Bhagavatpada, who makes the world auspicious

regards and prayers

savitri

Dear mathashree,

I read your mail.As a malyalee I have a suggestion that, the lirics of our vedam,Vedantam and upanishads can write it over Malayalam LIPI , it is very easily we can read and understand.One more reason also there, the lirics should not be spell wrongly by mistake,if it is in malayalam lipi we can assume its pronounciation and meanings correctly if it is sanskrit.I am not suggesting that the english lyrics to avoided,but by adding the malayalam lyrics the aim will be satisfy.If my opinion is false or not suitable for our group,must be discarded.

sasneham

sreekumar

--- On Sun, 6/12/09, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram wrote:

Savitri Puram <savitriopuram[Guruvayur] Namasthe- SankaracharyaSunday, 6 December, 2009, 4:31 PM

Dear all,

By eight years, he studied all the four vedaas (first line), by 12 years, he wrote books on all shaasthraas (second line), by 16 years, he wrote all bhashyams (third line) and gave up his material body when he was 32!(last line).

शà¥à¤°à¥à¤¤à¤¿ सà¥à¤®à¥ƒà¤¤à¤¿ पà¥à¤°à¤¾à¤£à¤¾à¤¨à¤¾à¤®à¤¾à¤²à¤¯à¤‚ करà¥à¤£à¤¾à¤²à¤¯à¤‚|नमामि भगवतà¥à¤ªà¤¾à¤¦à¤¶à¤‚करं लॊकशंकरं ||

Åšruti smá¹›ti purÄṇÄnÄṃÄlayaṃ karuṇÄlayaṃ|NamÄmi BhagavatpÄdaÅ›aá¹…karaṃ lokaÅ›aá¹…karaṃ||

I salute the compassionate abode of the Vedas, Smritis and Puranas known as Shankara Bhagavatpada, who makes the world auspicious

regards and prayers

savitri

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage.

Oh lord Murari, save me through your infinite kindness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4FUQxn4CnY & feature=related--- On Sun, 6/12/09, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram wrote:

Savitri Puram <savitriopuram[Guruvayur] Namasthe- SankaracharyaReceived: Sunday, 6 December, 2009, 7:01 PM

Dear all,

By eight years, he studied all the four vedaas (first line), by 12 years, he wrote books on all shaasthraas (second line), by 16 years, he wrote all bhashyams (third line) and gave up his material body when he was 32!(last line).

regards and prayers

savitri

Win 1 of 4 Sony home entertainment packs thanks to 7. Enter now.