IndiaDivine.org

Respiratory aiments

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Shrimati Menon:

Talking of repiratory ailments, my family of three and myself have had complete

protection from respiratory ailments although we live in a high altitude area in

north America with extremely cold winters through the use of a simple home

remedy: Raw ginger with honey.

Everyday during September through May, we take a spoonful (for the youngest) to

three spoonfuls of raw ginger grated fine and mixed with local honey.

In the beginning, the pungency will be quite difficult for children, but they

will soon begin to like it.

As you know, ginger is called Sarvabheshajam by Indian medical theorists and its

pungency is very Saatvika as opposed to something like hot pepper or garlic

which tend to be Taamasika and should not be used on a long term basis.

In my view, nature is God's pharmacy and it full of healing power. Even the

name of raw ginger in Samskrtam shows the compassion of God revealed in ginger:

Aardrak (Adarak in Hindi). Aardram can mean filled with Kaarunyam or Sneham.

Food items like milk, butter, ghee, sugar, etc. have a lot of Kapha element in

them, and taking ginger can remove that excess Kaphaamsham as ginger is very

pungent.

Ginger, the arguments goes, removes the excess mucous and toxins from the body

and that prevents infections.

Ginger also stimulates the flow of Rasa-s such as saliva, digestie juices, bile,

pancreatic secretions.

The US Department of Agriculture research has shown that ginger has 487, yes

four hundred eighty seven, components most of which have a therpeutic value even

according to allopathic medicine.

I possess an American published book with me which cites so much European,

Chinese, Indian, and Japanese research that proves scientifically the efficacy

of ginger. My family has tried ginger in various situations and we have been

again and again so blessed by its healing powers. We do not use any modern

medicines becase God's pharmacy (Tulasi, ginger, black pepper, cardomum, cloves,

nutmeg, and peppermint, and western herbs such as chamomile, lavendar, etc.)

helps us prevent illnesses.

As you can imagine, I am not licensed to give medical advice, and I am just

sharing this experiential wisdom among Krshna bhakta-s so you can share it with

your doctor and see what she or he says.

To me ginger is just a manifestation of Shree-RaadhaKrshna's infinite healing

power and has no side effects at all. For over 40 years, I have seen this

healing power in evidence in Indian and western herbs and spices in abundance.

May Bhagaaan ShreeKrshna heal your respiratory difficulties!

DKM Kartha

(Mohanchandran)

Hari Om!

Respected Shri Karthaji

I am immensely thankful to you for the valuable information given for getting out of respiratory ailments.  In fact my ayurvedic doctor had told me to take a lot of ginger in food items; while I had not got its effective remedial capabilities to this extent and truly speaking, i had almost neglected to it for the reason that I was under the impression, it could aggrevate the cough while taking it.

I shall do so as suggested by you in your mail for sure, with Guruvayoorappan's blessings things should work.

Best regards

2009/12/7 D.K.M. Kartha <dkmkartha

Dear Shrimati Menon:Talking of repiratory ailments, my family of three and myself have had complete protection from respiratory ailments although we live in a high altitude area in north America with extremely cold winters through the use of a simple home remedy: Raw ginger with honey.

Everyday during September through May, we take a spoonful (for the youngest) to three spoonfuls of raw ginger grated fine and mixed with local honey.In the beginning, the pungency will be quite difficult for children, but they will soon begin to like it.

As you know, ginger is called Sarvabheshajam by Indian medical theorists and its pungency is very Saatvika as opposed to something like hot pepper or garlic which tend to be Taamasika and should not be used on a long term basis.

In my view, nature is God's pharmacy and it full of healing power. Even the name of raw ginger in Samskrtam shows the compassion of God revealed in ginger: Aardrak (Adarak in Hindi). Aardram can mean filled with Kaarunyam or Sneham.

Food items like milk, butter, ghee, sugar, etc. have a lot of Kapha element in them, and taking ginger can remove that excess Kaphaamsham as ginger is very pungent.Ginger, the arguments goes, removes the excess mucous and toxins from the body and that prevents infections.

Ginger also stimulates the flow of Rasa-s such as saliva, digestie juices, bile, pancreatic secretions.The US Department of Agriculture research has shown that ginger has 487, yes four hundred eighty seven, components most of which have a therpeutic value even according to allopathic medicine.

I possess an American published book with me which cites so much European, Chinese, Indian, and Japanese research that proves scientifically the efficacy of ginger. My family has tried ginger in various situations and we have been again and again so blessed by its healing powers. We do not use any modern medicines becase God's pharmacy (Tulasi, ginger, black pepper, cardomum, cloves, nutmeg, and peppermint, and western herbs such as chamomile, lavendar, etc.) helps us prevent illnesses.

As you can imagine, I am not licensed to give medical advice, and I am just sharing this experiential wisdom among Krshna bhakta-s so you can share it with your doctor and see what she or he says. To me ginger is just a manifestation of Shree-RaadhaKrshna's infinite healing power and has no side effects at all. For over 40 years, I have seen this healing power in evidence in Indian and western herbs and spices in abundance.

May Bhagaaan ShreeKrshna heal your respiratory difficulties!DKM Kartha(Mohanchandran)

-- Best regardsJayasree MenonBangaloremy blog link: http://www.pythrukam.blogspot.com/

--A well-thought out plan, execution excellence, market timing, personal leadership are drivers of the growth   trajectory.