IndiaDivine.org

Namasthe- Thulasidas

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear all,

This is another story revealing how fearless are Bhagavaan's devotees. Bhaktha Kavi Thulasidas spent most of the time in the Kashi Viswanath temple. One day Mugal King Aurangaseb passed through that way (to destroy the temple) and asked Thulasidas: " What are you doing here? "

Thulasidas replied: " Respected King, I am praying that God whose power is with in you as well as in me. "

King Aurangaseeb: " If your God is real, let this statue of bull in front of your God start eating this green grass around him. With the power of your God if this bull does not start eating grass NOW, at this moment, either you have to become a Muslim or I will behead you. "

Thulasidas: " I will neither have to become a Muslim nor you will not have to take the trouble of beheading me because the same power of God present in you and  me is present in this statue of bull and that power will make the bull eat the grass NOW. "

While Aurangaseb was looking, the statue of the bull became live and started eating grass and walked away! To Aurangazeb's surprise, the original statue of the bull still remained intact there!  Aurangazeb was scared to death, instantly dropped the idea of destroying the temple and ran as fast as his legs could take him. This evil and fanatic king was not even fortunate to do a namaskaar either to Lord Viswanaathan or to Bhaktha Thulasidas.

People belonging to all other religions have Daiva bhayam or fear of God (God-fearing) and we Hindus have Daiva sneham or devotional Love of God (daiva sneham)! Hantha bhaagyam!

May our intense devotional love for our Ishtadevatha remove all our negative qualities!

Regards and prayers

savitri