IndiaDivine.org

Hindu prayer books in English

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Respected Members,

During my life I have experienced that prayers are heard and is the only method by which one gets solutions to any types of problems. Prayer gives positive energy, thus produces positive attitude in the person. One person prays and many get the benefits. Prayer is the main routine in Hindu's daily life.

"LOKA SAMSTHA SUKENO BAVANTHU" is one of the Hindu prayers.

On 14th July 2009, Mr P R Ramachander on Pattars @ requested members in general to take a print out of all his translations hosted at his web site and present it to some Hindu libraries like Kanchi or Sringeri mutt. He also requested to copy all his translations in to a computer CD and encourage religious people to sell it at a nominal price so that they can make money for the religious/social cause of all that he did. This request he made because that his translations may vanish soon from the web site due to many or any reasons.

Any faithful prayer energizes self, the surroundings, and also looks after the welfare of near and dear. Prayer cleanses the self and creates positive vibrations.

Keeping this in my mind I decided to print a pocket size book format of all work of Mr. P R Ramachander, by transfering my fund for donaton to a TRUST which help old persons who are ailing , deserted, and unable to earn their livings to age.

As a First project I have completed printing and distribution of the book of 128 pages, "PRAYER ADDRESSED TO LORD GANESA" which contains 21 Stotras in English and translated,.

Sri Ganess Suprapatham, Ekha Dhanta Stotram, Ganapathy Sthavam, Ganesha Astakam, Ganesha Bahya Puja, Ganesha Dwadasa Nama Stotram, Ganesha Manasa Puja, Ganesha Mangala Ashtakam, Ganesha Panjarathnam, Ganesha Saranam (Malayalam), Ganesha Astakam (Ver. 2), Ganesh Ki Arathi, Ganesha Astothra Satham, Ganesha Kavacham, 15. Prartha Smarana Ganesha Stotram, Ganesha Atharva Seersha, Sri Ganapathi Shodasa Nama Stotram, Sri Sankata Nasana Ganapathy Stotram, Vigneswara Astothra Satha Namavali, Vinayagar Agaval, Vinayaka Kavacham (Tamil)

As my 2nd Project, I have presented pocket size book, contains;

34 Gaythri Mantras of various God, Goddess, Planets,

Nithya Sthotra Parayanam (Daily Slokas in short form of many Gods and Goddess) - 51 Slokas,

Nithya Dhyana Slokas, (The Slokas of deities in short form to be recited every day), - 30 slokas

Prayer addressed to Lord Rama, - 19 Slokas

Prayer addressed to Lord Iyyappa 5 Slokas

As my third project I am presenting this book contains

Part 1 – contains 136 Stotrams and slokas of Prayer addressed to Lord Krishna,

Part 2 - contains 23 Slokas of Prayer addressed to Navagrahas

many more books of Sri. P R Ramachandran's work is under preparation for printing.

After completing the first project, I distributed arround 350 books by post to my known circle thinking that they will gladly donate for the noble cause. But I received donation only from very few peoples (arround 10). The second book is ready, and sending to those who donate only. After one month I received response from only 5 persons.

One of my close friend suggested me to request through the for some volunteers who are willing to come forward to take the book in bulk from me and distribute and collect for the noble cause thorugh their circle of bajana mandali / Satsang / or Temple, so that the paryer book will reach the correct persons and my wish to help old persons also fulfills.

I tokk up this job for another reason also. All of us are experiencing that the Hindu Gods and Epics are attacked at many public places through media etc.,. Even our Gods are painted in shoe souls and chappals in many countries. Why such things are happenning to hit the sentiments of Hindus. The answer is that the persons who does those mean acts know that Hindus are not united and they will go free, and fulfill their sadistic joy by hurting the sentiments of other Religion. Such attack is not happening in case of Christianity or Islam, why, because they show their united strength through Sunday and Friday prayers meet. The use of the name Prayer gives them thoose allowances. In case of Hindus, since the prayers are in not in today's common language many of us donot understand and hence not want to use our prayer as a tool of strength, and survival. This gave me the idea to search for the English version of Hindu Prayers, and by HIS grace I could trace most of them in the PRR's site. By publishing these books I am fulfilling my desire of prayer reching many to prove our strength.

So those who help me in my project can get double benifit of helping a noble cause and strengthing the Hindu Unity through Prayers.

Regads

Ravi Hariharan