IndiaDivine.org

Musical Compositions by Sri SunderaNarayana - Bhavaye pavanalaye

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hari OM!I have listened to the CDs of Sri Sundara Narayana (our NVPMenon uncle) and I feel blessed to have had the great opportunity to receive the gift of a few CDs of his compositions. Now my driving to work and back is fully soaked in the bhakthy filled music All his Carnatic classical krithis are great compositions, well rendered by Dr. Omanakkutty, Sri Chenkottai and Dr. Sreevalsan Menon. I was told that Sri Sankaran Namboothiri will be singing some as well. His krithis and keerthanas are filled with devotion and they extol the Lord's virtue as felt by the poet. The beauty of those works is that they convey the same feeling to the listener and I hope these krithis get wider attention amongst the musicians and the audience alike.

For those who are interested in getting the CDs, please write to Uncle/Aunty. I am not sure if Amazon has it or not."Bhavaye pavanaalaye" in Bowli ragam sung by Dr.Sreevalsan Menon has captivated my special attention due to its content in sahityam, the way it has been set to music by Trichur Narendran and how Sreevalsan has sung it. The accompaniments in that CD have done a wonderful job as well (Trichur brothers Narendran violin and Rajendran mridangam, Kottayam Unnikrishnan- ghatam and I sincerely hope to play morsing for a katcheri with uncle's krithis). When it is convenient, please send me the lyrics of the "Bhavaye pavanalaye" krithi. I love it.The Amrita TV's srutilayam where I played morsing should be coming any time soon; they told me that they will start late January. They had interviewed me on other matters and they did telecast it last week or so. I didn't know the

timing.with respectful regards,love and prayers,SukumarNVP Menon <nvpmenonguruvayur Sent: Wed, January 6, 2010 11:35:47 PMRe: [Guruvayur] jnanapana or Njanapana

Thanks for the explanation. Hope Sunilji will be able to correct it in the website with permission from Savitriji

We are still in Guruvayur.for another one week.and then we are on our way back ot USA.

We had the good fortune to meet with our dear Sukumarji.We were very happy to hear that Sukumarji has performed as a mukharsing artist in the sruthilayam program of Amrutha. we are eagerly waiting to see the program in the TV.Congratulations, Sukumarji.

We also were able to see Manju Ambady and family in her house in Trissur.Her father is doing ok, but her mother had an accident and had hip fracture and had to have fixation by surgery. Now she is back at home..As always, I am sure all Gurudevs will pray for her rapid recovery so that she will beable to take care of her husband who is chronically in need of help.As a devoted daughter, Manju has extended her vacation to take care of her mother and father.May Guruvayurappan give her the mental and physical strength to tide over this crisis..

I will write more about our stay in Guruvayur later.

wishing you all a very peaceful and happy 2010

regards and prayers,

Sreedevi

Om Namo Narayanaya

--- On Tue, 1/5/10, Nilakantan sastri <snsastri > wrote:

Nilakantan sastri <snsastri >Re: [Guruvayur] jnanapana or Njanapanaguruvayur@grou ps.comTuesday, January 5, 2010, 9:44 PM

JnAnappAna or Jnaanappaana would be the correct way. (In ITrans, which is now the code internationally adopted for transliteration of Sanskrit words,on the computer since diacritical marks are not available, the Sanskrit long a, the second letter of the alphabet, is represented by capital A or aa).

In Tamil there is no letter corresponding to Skt jna and so they use the letter nja which is the fifth letter in 'chavarga' in Skt and Malayalam.

S.N.Sastri--- On Wed, 1/6/10, NVP Menon <nvpmenon > wrote:

NVP Menon <nvpmenon >[Guruvayur] jnanapana or Njanapana"guruvayur " <guruvayur@grou ps.com>Wednesday, January 6, 2010, 12:39 AM

Dear Sunil,Thank you for putting the jnAnapAna in the website too.The pictures along with the poem and commentary of Savitriji are very impressive and completeI have a small doubtIs JnAnapAna or Njanapana the better way of writing the title in English?I think the letter ja should come before ~jaPlease clarify.regards,sreedeviom namo narayanaya

Make your browsing faster, safer, and easier with the new Internet Explorer® 8. Optimized for Get it Now for Free!