IndiaDivine.org

My first personal GURUVAYUR EXPERIENCE.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna Hi everyone Im Chithra Parameswaran from Dubai. My parents have been settled in Dubai for more than 20 years now and every vacation in Kerala we make it a point to visit Guruvayur. Its usually a 2 day visit. We start from home by morning and reach guruvayur by afternoon 3-4pm. Then we freshen up and visit the nada. Since our timing is peculiar we cannot get those receipts for “unni-appam†in the

evening(as they have to be brought in the morning). We tried our best to purchase some receipts in the evening but they said its not available. Disappointed we stood near the elephants. My dad was stading a bit far off, suddenly he came running towards my mom and me and said “the devasom staff were wheeling unni-appams in a cart, it smelled so deliciousâ€. We were filled with sadness again as we could not purchase them. After a few minutes there was a loud commotion near that area where the pujari distributes “chandanam†to the public. Some man had put his hand inside that plate containing the Kalabham and tried to take it. The pujari was scolding him that you should not do like that since it is meant for distribution to all. My mom and me got a bit scared looking at that pujaris angry face. Suddenly he noticed that we both were looking at him and as an explanation or something till now I have no idea why he did it. But he was carrying a bag of unni-appams and he offered us two unni-appams from that. We were just shocked and couldn’t react for a few minutes. After some time when we looked up to thank him we couldn’t find him anywhere. It’s as if he just disappeared. Im sure Guruvayurappan sent him to give us those unni-appams since he understood how sad he felt. Even now this incident brings tears to my eyes. I love him, Krishna you are the apple of my eye. Why would I need anyone else when u can read my heart without me even uttering a word. CHITHRA P

Shree Raadha-Krshna Smaranam!!!

Thank you, Chitraji, for sharing a sweet, miraculous experience!!!

I also have an experience as sweet as Shree Guruvayoor Unniyappam to describe,

but it did not happen as fast as it did in your instance. But Krshna-Raadha's

blessing finally did come after many years and since 1990, it has been

sweetening my life like honey poured into a bowl of yoghurt (Madhuparkam).

It started in 1962, a long time ago, when I was a 14 year old lad. I read a

wonderful Bibhooti Bhooshan Bandyopaadhyaya story in Bengali translated into

Malayalam by Nileena Abraham and published in Matrubhoomi weekly. It was about

a bansuri player, Pradyumna, who, because of his immaturity helped a Taantrika

to imprison Amba Sarasvati. Later, he found out the truth and sought out the

Taantrika and Pradyuman sacrificed his own life for the sake of freeing

Sarasvati so that the whole world would become creative again. The story is

called Meghamallar and in its middle described the incredible beauty and power

of bansuri playing and of the raaga Megh Mallar. After reading the story, I

wanted to hear bansuri, but I was living in Kerala and we had no electricity at

home, no radio, and no access to north Indian music by any means.

In 1967, I actually heard ona transistor radio borrowed from a friend a Meera

Bhajan by Lataaji and there is a beautiful piece of bansuri music by none other

than the great Pandit Chaurasia. This piece in the raaga Raamdaasi Malhar just

melted my heart. (The song is: Mharaare Giridhar Gupal).

I like the south Indian flute, but I prefer the slow serenity and deeper, lower

tones of her north Indian cousin. It is more meditative than the Pullamkuzhal

which is full of life and vigor and vivacity.

I had to wait until 1979 when I was able to buy recrodings of bansuri music form

a store in New York city on Lexington Avenue. I became totally enchanted by

Pandit Pannalal Ghosh and Pandit Chaurasia and a host of others such as Devendra

Murdesvar.

All this time, I kept praying to Krshna Muraleedhara and Shree Raadhika to bring

me closer and closer to Bansuri music and to be able to play it to enjoy the

sweetness.

In 1988, I was able to buy a concert quality Bansuri from Ali Akbar Khan College

in California.

Two years later, I was blessed with a Guru, in a very miraculous way at a

gathering where Meera songs were being sung Kabir poems were being recited in

Washington, DC and he also made Bansuri-s as a craft. Originally from Sweden, he

is a devotee of Krshna and of the Bansuri as an instrument of spiritual

saadhana.

From then on, I have been a saadhaka of the Bansuri, and each day during the

last 19 years, I have been given the chance to enjoy the joy of musicmaking

using the Bansuri. Almost every year, I have been given the chance to move

forward in this path by the profound sweetness of Shree Raadhika and Krshna.

For instance, I found a fantastic Bansuri at a stall in the Kizhake Nada of

Shree Guruvayoor in 2000, etc. etc.

I play mostly Krshna bhajans and I am not a performer by any means, but I have

become more and more able to feel the sweetness of Raadhika and Krshna and their

love through the power of the Bansuri. In the meantime, I was blessed to meet

the translator of the immortal Bengali story that brought me to the magic the

Bansuri revealed through the pratibha of Bibhooti Bhooshan Banerjee and thank

her for her role in bringing me closer to Krshna. I also have been able to meet

Pandit Chaurasia and thank him for the Krshna Shakti that flows out of his

Pratibha like river Yamuna from the Kalinda mountain.

This miracle is sweetening my life so much, and is deepening my Bhakti life and

my humility and I see it as a pure instance of Krshna's compassion for all his

devotees if they love him deeply enough and strive on their own without ever

giving up.

For you Bhagavaan Krshna gave his Unniyappam that is full of healing power and

he gave me the ineffable sweetness of self-made Bansuri music which,

incidentally, helped me stop my smoking habit also.

Shree Raadha Venu-Gopalaaya Namah!

DKM Kartha

(Mohanachandran)

Thank you for sharing this experience Chitraji, you are right, He's the only one who can read our hearts without us saying a word and do all He can to make us happy, so grateful to have this special One in our lives.

Krishna Hare Jaya!! --- On Sat, 30/1/10, Chithra Parameswaran <chithra_libran wrote:

Chithra Parameswaran <chithra_libran[Guruvayur] My first personal GURUVAYUR EXPERIENCE.guruvayur Received: Saturday, 30 January, 2010, 3:48 AM

Hare Krishna Hi everyone Im Chithra Parameswaran from Dubai. My parents have been settled in Dubai for more than 20 years now and every vacation in Kerala we make it a point to visit Guruvayur. Its usually a 2 day visit. We start from home by morning and reach guruvayur by afternoon 3-4pm. Then we freshen up and visit the nada. Since our timing is peculiar we cannot get those receipts for “unni-appam†in the evening(as they have to be brought in the morning). We tried our best to purchase some receipts in the evening but they said its not available. Disappointed we stood near the elephants. My dad was stading a bit far off, suddenly he came running towards my mom and me and said “the

devasom staff were wheeling unni-appams in a cart, it smelled so deliciousâ€. We were filled with sadness again as we could not purchase them. After a few minutes there was a loud commotion near that area where the pujari distributes “chandanam†to the public. Some man had put his hand inside that plate containing the Kalabham and tried to take it. The pujari was scolding him that you should not do like that since it is meant for distribution to all. My mom and me got a bit scared looking at that pujaris angry face. Suddenly he noticed that we both were looking at him and as an explanation or something till now I have no idea why he did it. But he was carrying a bag of unni-appams and he offered us two unni-appams from that. We

were just shocked and couldn’t react for a few minutes. After some time when we looked up to thank him we couldn’t find him anywhere. It’s as if he just disappeared. Im sure Guruvayurappan sent him to give us those unni-appams since he understood how sad he felt. Even now this incident brings tears to my eyes. I love him, Krishna you are the apple of my eye. Why would I need anyone else when u can read my heart without me even uttering a word.

CHITHRA P

7: Catch-up on your favourite Channel 7 TV shows easily, legally, and for free at PLUS7. Check it out.

Dear Chithraji ,

Thanks for sharing your beautiful Krishna-realization experience with us. This proves once again that Guruvayoorappan is readily accessible to every Bhakta who has genuine faith in Him.

You, Dad and Mom are very honest in your bhakti . Despite living far way in Dubai , you were always thinking about Bhagavan . After reaching Guruvayoor temple, you all wanted to partake Bhagavan's *Unniyappa- Prasadam* . Even your Dad wished for it like a Kid ! . You all were so innocent in your Bhakti-Yoga , that Bhagavan immediately responded to you in person .

How could Guruvayoorappan not reciprocate to such innocent Bhaktas? . After all, the all-pervading Parabrahman had manifested in the human-like form Sri Guruvayoorappan, to interact directly with the faithful Bhaktas. Instead of wasting time on misleading "Deity-denying" non-personal philosophies , such Bhaktas are pleasing the *Prathyaksha-daivam* in front of their eyes. Of course, Bhakti and not Vibhakti is dearer to Guruvayoorappan ! This divine experience of Chithraji and family once again reconfirms this TRUTH.

Om Namo Narayanaya !!!

Das----------guruvayur , Chithra Parameswaran <chithra_libran wrote:>> Hare Krishna > Hi everyone Im Chithra Parameswaran from Dubai. My parents have been settled in Dubai for more than 20 years now and every vacation in Kerala we make it a point to visit Guruvayur. Its usually a 2 day visit. We start from home by morning and reach guruvayur by afternoon 3-4pm. Then we freshen up and visit the nada. Since our timing is peculiar we cannot get those receipts for “unni-appam†in the evening(as they have to be brought in the morning). We tried our best to purchase some receipts in the evening but they said its not available. Disappointed we stood near the elephants. My dad was stading a bit far off, suddenly he came running towards my mom and me and said “the devasom staff were wheeling unni-appams in a cart, it smelled so deliciousâ€. We were filled with sadness again as we could not purchase them. > > After a few minutes there was a loud commotion near that area where the pujari distributes “chandanam†to the public. Some man had put his hand inside that plate containing the Kalabham and tried to take it. The pujari was scolding him that you should not do like that since it is meant for distribution to all. My mom and me got a bit scared looking at that pujaris angry face. Suddenly he noticed that we both were looking at him and as an explanation or something till now I have no idea why he did it. But he was carrying a bag of unni-appams and he offered us two unni-appams from that. We were just shocked and couldn’t react for a few minutes. After some time when we looked up to thank him we couldn’t find him anywhere. It’s as if he just disappeared. Im sure Guruvayurappan sent him to give us those unni-appams since he understood how sad he felt. > > Even now this incident brings tears to my eyes. I love him, Krishna you are the apple of my eye. Why would I need anyone else when u can read my heart without me even uttering a word. > CHITHRA P>

Hare Krishna,

Wonderful !!!! blessed to have such experience.

Best regards,

Sreedhar

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ----guruvayur@grou ps.com, Chithra Parameswaran <chithra_libran@ ...> wrote:>> Hare Krishna > Hi everyone Im Chithra Parameswaran from Dubai. My parents have been settled in Dubai for more than 20 years now and every vacation in Kerala we make it a point to visit Guruvayur. Its usually a 2 day visit. We start from home by morning and reach guruvayur by afternoon 3-4pm. Then we freshen up and visit the nada. Since our timing is peculiar we cannot get those receipts for “unni-appam� in the evening(as they have to be brought in the morning). We tried our best to purchase some receipts in the evening but they said its not available. Disappointed we stood near the elephants. My dad was stading a bit far off, suddenly he came running towards my mom and me and said “the devasom staff

were wheeling unni-appams in a cart, it smelled so delicious�. We were filled with sadness again as we could not purchase them. > > After a few minutes there was a loud commotion near that area where the pujari distributes “chandanam� to the public. Some man had put his hand inside that plate containing the Kalabham and tried to take it. The pujari was scolding him that you should not do like that since it is meant for distribution to all. My mom and me got a bit scared looking at that pujaris angry face. Suddenly he noticed that we both were looking at him and as an explanation or something till now I have no idea why he did it. But he was carrying a bag of unni-appams and he offered us two unni-appams from that. We were just shocked and couldn’t react for a few minutes. After some time when we looked up to thank him we couldn’t find him anywhere. It’s as if he just disappeared. Im sure

Guruvayurappan sent him to give us those unni-appams since he understood how sad he felt. > > Even now this incident brings tears to my eyes. I love him, Krishna you are the apple of my eye. Why would I need anyone else when u can read my heart without me even uttering a word. > CHITHRA P>

Karthji,

So nice to read your mail. You should record your bansuri rendering for us and share it.

May Guruvayoorappan continue to shower His blessings through the bansuri.

Jai Sree Krishna

D.K.M. Kartha <dkmkarthaguruvayur Sent: Sat, January 30, 2010 2:07:12 AMRe: [Guruvayur] My first personal GURUVAYUR EXPERIENCE.

Shree Raadha-Krshna Smaranam!!!Thank you, Chitraji, for sharing a sweet, miraculous experience!! !I also have an experience as sweet as Shree Guruvayoor Unniyappam to describe, but it did not happen as fast as it did in your instance. But Krshna-Raadha' s blessing finally did come after many years and since 1990, it has been sweetening my life like honey poured into a bowl of yoghurt (Madhuparkam) .It started in 1962, a long time ago, when I was a 14 year old lad. I read a wonderful Bibhooti Bhooshan Bandyopaadhyaya story in Bengali translated into Malayalam by Nileena Abraham and published in Matrubhoomi weekly. It was about a bansuri player, Pradyumna, who, because of his immaturity helped a Taantrika to imprison Amba Sarasvati. Later, he found out the truth and sought out the Taantrika and Pradyuman sacrificed his own life for the sake of freeing Sarasvati so that the whole world would become creative again. The story is

called Meghamallar and in its middle described the incredible beauty and power of bansuri playing and of the raaga Megh Mallar. After reading the story, I wanted to hear bansuri, but I was living in Kerala and we had no electricity at home, no radio, and no access to north Indian music by any means.In 1967, I actually heard ona transistor radio borrowed from a friend a Meera Bhajan by Lataaji and there is a beautiful piece of bansuri music by none other than the great Pandit Chaurasia. This piece in the raaga Raamdaasi Malhar just melted my heart. (The song is: Mharaare Giridhar Gupal).I like the south Indian flute, but I prefer the slow serenity and deeper, lower tones of her north Indian cousin. It is more meditative than the Pullamkuzhal which is full of life and vigor and vivacity.I had to wait until 1979 when I was able to buy recrodings of bansuri music form a store in New York city on Lexington Avenue. I became totally

enchanted by Pandit Pannalal Ghosh and Pandit Chaurasia and a host of others such as Devendra Murdesvar.All this time, I kept praying to Krshna Muraleedhara and Shree Raadhika to bring me closer and closer to Bansuri music and to be able to play it to enjoy the sweetness.In 1988, I was able to buy a concert quality Bansuri from Ali Akbar Khan College in California.Two years later, I was blessed with a Guru, in a very miraculous way at a gathering where Meera songs were being sung Kabir poems were being recited in Washington, DC and he also made Bansuri-s as a craft. Originally from Sweden, he is a devotee of Krshna and of the Bansuri as an instrument of spiritual saadhana.From then on, I have been a saadhaka of the Bansuri, and each day during the last 19 years, I have been given the chance to enjoy the joy of musicmaking using the Bansuri. Almost every year, I have been given the chance to move forward in this path by

the profound sweetness of Shree Raadhika and Krshna. For instance, I found a fantastic Bansuri at a stall in the Kizhake Nada of Shree Guruvayoor in 2000, etc. etc. I play mostly Krshna bhajans and I am not a performer by any means, but I have become more and more able to feel the sweetness of Raadhika and Krshna and their love through the power of the Bansuri. In the meantime, I was blessed to meet the translator of the immortal Bengali story that brought me to the magic the Bansuri revealed through the pratibha of Bibhooti Bhooshan Banerjee and thank her for her role in bringing me closer to Krshna. I also have been able to meet Pandit Chaurasia and thank him for the Krshna Shakti that flows out of his Pratibha like river Yamuna from the Kalinda mountain.This miracle is sweetening my life so much, and is deepening my Bhakti life and my humility and I see it as a pure instance of Krshna's compassion for all his devotees if they love him

deeply enough and strive on their own without ever giving up.For you Bhagavaan Krshna gave his Unniyappam that is full of healing power and he gave me the ineffable sweetness of self-made Bansuri music which, incidentally, helped me stop my smoking habit also.Shree Raadha Venu-Gopalaaya Namah!DKM Kartha(Mohanachandran)

Hi Chitra,That was really nice to know. He is always with us every instance. Pray Him sincerely, rest will be taken care of.--- On Fri, 29/1/10, Chithra Parameswaran <chithra_libran wrote:Chithra Parameswaran <chithra_libran[Guruvayur] My first personal GURUVAYUR EXPERIENCE.guruvayur Date: Friday, 29 January, 2010, 1:48 PM

Hare Krishna Hi everyone Im Chithra Parameswaran from Dubai. My parents have been settled in Dubai for more than 20 years now and every vacation in Kerala we make it a point to visit Guruvayur. Its usually a 2 day visit. We start from home by morning and reach guruvayur by afternoon 3-4pm. Then we freshen up and visit the nada. Since our timing is peculiar we cannot get those receipts for “unni-appam†in the

evening(as they have to be brought in the morning). We tried our best to purchase some receipts in the evening but they said its not available. Disappointed we stood near the elephants. My dad was stading a bit far off, suddenly he came running towards my mom and me and said “the devasom staff were wheeling unni-appams in a cart, it smelled so deliciousâ€. We were filled with sadness again as we could not purchase them. After a few minutes there was a loud commotion near that area where the pujari distributes “chandanam†to the public. Some man had put his hand inside that plate containing the Kalabham and tried to take it. The pujari was scolding him that you should not do like that since it is meant for distribution to all. My mom and me got a bit scared looking at that pujaris angry face. Suddenly he noticed that we both were looking at him and as an explanation or something

till now I have no idea why he did it. But he was carrying a bag of unni-appams and he offered us two unni-appams from that. We were just shocked and couldn’t react for a few minutes. After some time when we looked up to thank him we couldn’t find him anywhere. It’s as if he just disappeared. Im sure Guruvayurappan sent him to give us those unni-appams since he understood how sad he felt. Even now this incident brings tears to my eyes. I love him, Krishna you are the apple of my eye. Why would I need anyone else when u can read my heart without me even uttering a word. CHITHRA P

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage.

Dear Seemaji:

If you love the music of Bansuri, there is so much of it from Pandit Hariprasad

Chaurasia, Pandit Ronu Majumdar, Pandit Nityanand Haldipur and a host of

wonderful players on Youtube and other sources. They are all great Krshna

Bhaktas.

The best way, though, is to try to learn the Bansuri and play it as prayer or

meditation yourself. Listening is only partially blissful. If you play it,

Shree Raadhika will help you along in miraculous ways. You have to start with a

short Bansuri and then move on to longer ones. The deep breathing you need to

play it inself is so rewarding.

If you carefully look at north Indian pictures of Raadha and Krshna, you can see

that half of the Bansuri holes are played by Shree Raadha's delicate fingers.

What it means to me is that Krshna's divine music is partly Raadha's music!

While playing the Bansuri, I picture Shree Krshna standing against a white cow

in my mind's eye and the happiness I get is so sweet that it brings tears to the

eyes.

Shree Guruvaayupureshaaya Namah!

DKM Kartha

(Mohanachandran)

Om Namo Narayana...Vasudeva....Dear Chitraji..You are really lucky ...Guruvayoorappan is always with u and your family...Pray well....Om Namo Narayana...Om Namo Narayana...Om Namo Narayana..With Love and Prayer, Sharmila Arun Kuwait.--- On Sat, 30/1/10, Murali Krishna <emanimurali wrote:Murali Krishna <emanimuraliRe: [Guruvayur] My first personal GURUVAYUR EXPERIENCE.guruvayur Date: Saturday, 30 January, 2010, 6:01 PM

Hi Chitra,That was really nice to know. He is always with us every instance. Pray Him sincerely, rest will be taken care of.--- On Fri, 29/1/10, Chithra Parameswaran <chithra_libran@ > wrote:Chithra Parameswaran <chithra_libran@ >[Guruvayur] My first personal GURUVAYUR EXPERIENCE.guruvayur@grou ps.comFriday, 29 January, 2010, 1:48 PM

evening(as they have to be brought in the morning). We tried our best to purchase some receipts in the evening but they said its not available. Disappointed we stood near the elephants. My dad was stading a bit far off, suddenly he came running towards my mom and me and said “the devasom staff were wheeling unni-appams in a cart, it smelled so deliciousâ€. We were filled with sadness again as we could not purchase them. After a few minutes there was a loud commotion near that area where the pujari distributes “chandanam†to the public. Some man had put his hand inside that plate containing the Kalabham and tried to take it. The pujari was scolding him that you should not do like that since it is meant for distribution to all. My mom and me got a bit scared looking at that pujaris angry face. Suddenly he noticed that we both were looking at him and as an explanation or something

till now I have no idea why he did it. But he was carrying a bag of unni-appams and he offered us two unni-appams from that. We were just shocked and couldn’t react for a few minutes. After some time when we looked up to thank him we couldn’t find him anywhere. It’s as if he just disappeared. Im sure Guruvayurappan sent him to give us those unni-appams since he understood how sad he felt. Even now this incident brings tears to my eyes. I love him, Krishna you are the apple of my eye. Why would I need anyone else when u can read my heart without me even uttering a word. CHITHRA P

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage.

New Email addresses available on

Get the Email name you've always wanted on the new @ymail and @rocketmail.

Hurry before someone else does!