IndiaDivine.org

Book Distribution - Story from slaughterhouse

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Story from slaughterhouse-----

At the end of a day during the marathon, I visited a slaughterhouse. I overcame the guard, went in and saw an unpleasant, abominable view -dead animals, blood everywhere (on the floor, on the walls, on the doors) and an Ukrainian man cleaning up. Before this I had neither seen a slaughterhouse nor anything similar. After viewing this scene, I became a little upset and angry and was looking for someone responsible for this.

Of course there is nothing we can do but try to get them to purchase a book. After passing many empty rooms and knocking on many doors I found no one, because it was late afternoon. A little sad I continued knocking. Then through a door, came out one man, dressed scantily, very surprised to see me – an unknown person.

Happily presenting the books, I began speaking about a lot of things except vegetarianism. The man took me inside of his room and I found out, that he was the head manager of that slaughterhouse. The man, seeing my enthusiasm for the books, also became fired up and finally took 3 cantos of Srimad Bhagavatam and 5 other books - he took all the books I had (except the Vegetarian cookbook). The only problem was, he didn't have enough money, so I suggested, " Take the money from the slaughterhouse office. " and he did it. He took altogether 12 books on the account of the slaughterhouse expenses.

- Achyuta Gotra das

LET US NOT MAKE OUR STOMACH A GRAVEYARD. LET US NOT EAT FLESH. LET US BE VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY. Animals are to be loved, not eaten. Eating flesh is good neither for the mind nor for the intellect, not even for the body. It distorts the basic character of human. Think Soul is Soul and it came from the Supreme Soul...God Head Krishna

Chant:Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare