IndiaDivine.org

Narayaneeyam verses - prayer to the Lord

Rate this topic

Guest guest

GangA Gita ca gAyatry-api ca tulasikA gopikA-candanaM tatsAlagrAmAbhi-pUjA para-puruSha tathaikAdashI-nAma-varNAH /etAny-aShTApy-ayatnAny-api kali-samaye tvat-prasAda-prasiddhyAkShipram-mukti-pradAnIty-abhidadhur-R^iShayas-teShu mAM sajjayethAH // 92.9Oh Supreme Lord! there are just eight items, namely, GangA, Gita, GAyatrI, Tulasileaves, sandal paste, the worship of sAlagRamaM, (the fast on the day of) Ekadasi, andDivine names. These eight, declare the sages, are the easy and quick means of salvation,in this age of kali-yuga, as they secure Thy abounding grace. May I be intensely devotedto them all!aikyaM te dAna-homa-vrata-niyama-tapas-sAnkhya-yogair-durApaMtvat-sangenaiva gopyaH kila sukR^iti-tamAH prApurAnanda-sAndraM /bhakteSh-vanyeShu bhUas-svapi bahumanuShe bhaktim-eva tvam-AsAMtan-me

tvad-bhaktim-eva dR^iDaya hara gadAn kR^iShNa vAtAlayesha //That state of supremely blissful union with Thee, which is difficult to obtain through(disciplines like) charity, (ritual) sacrifices, observance of vows, self-control, austerities,knowledge (sAnkhya), and yoga, was attained by the blessed gopikas (cowherdesses) ofBrindavan, through just personal attachment to Thee as their own beloved. Numerous areThy other devotees, but it is this loving personal devotion of the gopikas that has receivedThy highest appreciation. Therefore Oh Krishna, Oh Lord of Guruvayoor, May Thoustrengthen devotion in me and destroy my ailmentsfrom prof vkji's Gems.-------------------

Aum Namo Narayanaya.