IndiaDivine.org

NaaRaanath bhranthan [1 Attachment]

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear sunilji,Radhe Krishna!Thank you so much for sending us the attachment and the beautiful photographs..  I shall cover the Vararuchi story and the " Parachi petta panthiru kulam in one of the issues of Navaneetham as quickly as possible, after finishing the  Narayaneeyam work at hand with my hands full of it,

RegardsKVGOn Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 1:09 PM, Sunil Menon <menon_sunil wrote:

[Attachment(s) from Sunil Menon included below]

Dear Chandraji, Chith Puramji, Satriji, KVG, Seemaji and all other respected Gurudevs, " NaaRaanathu BranTan " is a intriguing figure among all Vedantis for sure. His methods were non conventional and intriguing.

I grew up not too far (10 Kms) from 'Raayiranelloor mountain', and he was much more than a mere folklore story to us.  My parents and other elders regularly used to remind & explain us the 'MEANINGFUL' vedanta behind his otherwise 'MEANINGLESS rock and roll act.

Every year, on the 1st of the Malayalam month Thulam, thousands of people climb the 'Raayiranelloor mountain' in respect to the vedanti. Isn't it interesting that even with all that knowledge we continue our futile 'pursuit of happiness' in material world.

I was about to write more about  'Raayiranelloor mountain' when I thought of searching the web and came across this excellent travelogue to the abode of Naaranathu Branthan. It does not make any sense to write another article when someone has done written it so well and with rarely seen photos of the mountain.

So, I abandon my plan to write and adding his blog entry as a PDF attachment after taking his permission to do so. The author is Shri. Niraksharan (he has requested to use his thoolika name) and let me thank him for his beautiful travelogue and his interest in such day trips (even on rainy days) that enabled people like me living thousands of miles away to climb the mountain virtually!  Thank you, niraksharan.blogspot.com

I apologize to our GuruDevs who can't read Malayalam as the travelogue is in Malayalam. I encourage all of you to learn the famous Malayalam

folklore story about the 12 children of " Vararuchi " , the famous member of the court of King Vikramadithya and how he got married to an untouchable woman (despite his knowledge and astrological prowess) and how the children ended up in 12 diferent families of 12 different castes and how they became famous in their own ways. Braanthan was one his sons.

Om Namo Narayanaya:Sunil---

-- कृषà¥à¤£à¥‡à¤¤à¤¿ मंगलमॠनाम यसà¥à¤¯ वाचि पà¥à¤°à¤µà¤°à¥à¤¤à¤¤à¥‡ |भसà¥à¤®à¥€à¤­à¤µà¤¨à¥à¤¤à¤¿ तसà¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤¶à¥ महापातककोटयः ||  കൃഷàµà´¨àµà´¨àµ†à´¤à´¿  മംഗളം  നാമ  യസàµà´¯  വാചി  പàµà´°à´µà´°àµâ€à´¤àµà´¤à´¤àµ‡              ഭാസàµà´®àµ€à´­à´µà´¨àµà´¤à´¿  തസàµà´¯à´¾à´¶àµ  മഹാപാതകകൊടയ:    .

Following web sites give a lot of information in Englishhttp://www.naranathubranthan.com/http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naranath_Bhranthan#External_linksV.V.SubramanianC2-97,Janak Puri,New Delhi-110058Tel: 011- 45523405 25552505 9313714631

--- On Tue, 2/2/10, Sunil Menon <menon_sunil wrote:Sunil Menon <menon_sunil[Guruvayur] Re: NaaRaanath bhranthan [1 Attachment]guruvayur Date: Tuesday, 2 February, 2010, 1:09 PM

Dear Chandraji, Chith Puramji, Satriji, KVG, Seemaji and all other respected Gurudevs,"NaaRaanathu BranTan" is a intriguing figure among all Vedantis for sure. His methods were non conventional and intriguing. I grew up not too far (10 Kms) from 'Raayiranelloor mountain', and he was much more than a mere folklore story to us. My parents and other elders regularly used to remind & explain us the 'MEANINGFUL' vedanta behind his otherwise 'MEANINGLESS rock and roll act. Every year, on the 1st of the Malayalam month Thulam, thousands of people climb the 'Raayiranelloor mountain' in respect to the vedanti. Isn't it interesting that even with all that knowledge we continue our futile 'pursuit of happiness' in material world.

I was about to write more about 'Raayiranelloor mountain' when I thought of searching the web and came across this excellent travelogue to the abode of Naaranathu Branthan. It does not make any sense to write another article when someone has done written it so well and with rarely seen photos of the mountain. So, I abandon my plan to write and adding his blog entry as a PDF attachment after taking his permission to do so. The author is Shri. Niraksharan (he has requested to use his thoolika name) and let me thank him for his beautiful travelogue and his interest in such day trips (even on rainy days) that enabled people like me living thousands of miles away to climb the mountain virtually! Thank you, niraksharan. blogspot. com I apologize to our GuruDevs who can't read Malayalam as the travelogue is in Malayalam. I encourage all of you to learn the famous Malayalam

folklore story about the 12 children of "Vararuchi", the famous member of the court of King Vikramadithya and how he got married to an untouchable woman (despite his knowledge and astrological prowess) and how the children ended up in 12 diferent families of 12 different castes and how they became famous in their own ways. Braanthan was one his sons. Om Namo Narayanaya:Sunil---

Your Mail works best with the New Optimized IE8. Get it NOW!.