IndiaDivine.org

What is meaning & expression of true love?………………………Nectarean Mellows

Rate this topic

Guest guest

" G u r u     m u k h     p a d m a     v a k y a "

What is meaning & expression of true love?………………………Nectarean Mellows

So, this is the idea people have, surrender means to lose. Surrender is something that is very, very undesirable, by force. But in Sanskrit, the word Çaraëägati is something very different. Çaraëägati means-----when Kåñëa says, sarva-dharmän parityajya, surrender, it is the most positive of expression, of our gratitude and our love. It is the ultimately the most joyful experience of the heart. There cannot be love without surrender. Love is not selfish. Love is self-less. Love is for the beloved. Bhägavatam explains, sa vai puàsäà paro dharmo yato bhaktir adhokñaje /ahaituky apratihatä yayätmä suprasédati that the supreme occupation for all humanity is loving service to the supreme. Such love must me unconditional and unmotivated to complying satisfy the self. Is that not what every living being is looking for, longing for, and searching for in every aspect of their life? They are looking for pleasure. There is pleasure to the senses. There is pleasure to the mind, but there is only one thing that can give pleasure to the heart, and the heart is the sitting place of the self, the soul, and that is love; to love and to be loved, but what is the meaning of love? This is described in Çré Caitanya-caritämåta: Käma is affection in which we try to enjoy for ourselves, that is called käma. It is the material principle, and it can never be satisfied

because as long as we are trying to enjoy ourselves, that burning desire for enjoyment is like fire, the more you feed it, the hungrier it grows. But, what is love or prem. It is the complete giving of the heart for the pleasure of the object of our love. Even in this world, the most satisfying, loving relationships are not the romantic affairs that you see in the movies because it does not last. The real pleasure of the soul….. the real pleasure of the heart, let us say…. comes through sacrifice and dedication. The love of a good father or good mother for the child, it does not matter what the child does…. my mother and father, they gave me everything, and they expected so much of me, and then I told them I am going to Europe and I will be back in 3 months, and they did not hear from me for 5 months, and then they got a letter from Iran that I am on my way to India to search for God, and I have no idea if I will ever come back. And

then they get letters from me from the jungles of the Himalayas while I am living in caves. How much pain, and then I came back a personality that was utterly inconceivable and mysterious to them. They felt that there was nothing in common anymore, but still they loved me. They would do anything for me. They were striving and struggling and everything to somehow or other understand me. Now, anybody else seeing me so absolutely different, who is actually living in opposition to everything that they hold sacred and stand for in life, there would be no love, but as mother and father, they never gave up. They would do anything, everything; and ultimately when they understood really what was the substance I was living for, not only were they blissful and happy, but they personally accepted it and became very proud and that was the greatest bliss of their life, they told me, when after years of being disappointed because of mystery, they could actually be

proud and pleased with what I was doing. That was the happiness, the most elated moment of their life. In this world, real love is not selfish, real love is self-less, willing to make sacrifices for the beloved and that love actually satisfies the heart because there is some reality to it. Why… because that is the nature in its perfect state of the soul’s love for the absolute truth, the supreme soul or Kåñëa, the origin of love. Kåñëa is all-attractive, the source of all beauty, all knowledge, all strength, all wealth, all renunciation all beauty; therefore, he is the ultimate object of all the people’s love. So, to surrender to Kåñëa is the expression of true love and is actually the source of the greatest shelter and the greatest happiness.

H H Radhanath Swami Maharaj

LET US NOT MAKE OUR STOMACH A GRAVEYARD. LET US NOT EAT FLESH. LET US BE VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY. Animals are to be loved, not eaten. Eating flesh is good neither for the mind nor for the intellect, not even for the body. It distorts the basic character of human. Think Soul is Soul and it came from the Supreme Soul...God Head Krishna

Chant:Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare