IndiaDivine.org

QS: why has lord created such a futile existence for us?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Sadhaks,

Hari Om.

I have a question for which I am seeking a satisfactory answer. If the basic

purpose of all creation is self realisation and attainment of the supreme

being which is the only existence, then why were the worldly beings created

by the Almighty Lord...only to be dissolved in him again. Since the world is

unreal, why has the lord created such a futile existence which has no

worth??

Can anyone please clear this cobweb of my mind.

Thanks,

Amit

sharma.amit

• 3 weeks later...

When the purpose is what you have stated, then why is it futile?

Unless one achieves this purpose, one is not " dissolved " in God again.

Or do you mean to ask, why did God create humans anyway and why not only

animals and plants or just inert matter or nothing at all?

Ram Ram

vinay

-

" Karmayog.com " <info

" gita talk "

Saturday, November 12, 2005 3:00 PM

QS: why has lord created such a futile existence for

us?

Dear Sadhaks,

Hari Om.

I have a question for which I am seeking a satisfactory answer. If the basic

purpose of all creation is self realisation and attainment of the supreme

being which is the only existence, then why were the worldly beings created

by the Almighty Lord...only to be dissolved in him again. Since the world is

unreal, why has the lord created such a futile existence which has no

worth??

Can anyone please clear this cobweb of my mind.

Thanks,

Amit

God created this universe for His entertainment. This universe is a dream for

God. For ex:for our entertainment, we watch TV for some time and after some

time we switch it off to take some rest. We can not watch TV continuously. This

earth is like a TV or Cinema for Him. He watches it for some time and takes rest

for some time. When He feels like taking rest, that is the final stage (laya)

of this universe. That is when everything dissolves into Him. When He watches

this universe, it exists and when He sleeps this universe dissolves in Him.

Regards,

Gayathry

[but doesn't this make it a futile existence for human beings? I think that is

the point of the question. Ram Ram. Vinay]

Dear Sadhak, Futility ..is relative .. as it is only when you try and compare your life with some percieved achievement and fail that we feel the futility of life .In success you often feel only exhiliration .Therefore in order to stay equipoised we out to keep our self detached from the fruits and results of our daily actions. God Bless Ram Ram info wrote: When the purpose is what you have stated, then why is it futile?Unless one achieves this purpose, one is not "dissolved" in God again.Or do you mean to ask, why did God create humans anyway and why not only animals and plants or just inert matter or nothing at all?Ram Ramvinay-

"Karmayog.comgita talk" Saturday, November 12, 2005 3:00 PM QS: why has lord created such a futile existence for us?Dear Sadhaks,Hari Om.I have a question for which I am seeking a satisfactory answer. If the basicpurpose of all creation is self realisation and attainment of the supremebeing which is the only existence, then why were the worldly beings createdby the Almighty Lord...only to be dissolved in him again. Since the world isunreal, why has the lord created such a futile existence which has noworth??Can anyone please clear this cobweb of my mind.Thanks,Amit

:Shree Hari:

Ram Ram!

Dear Sadhaka - this is a good question!

Our scriptures say, at the beginning of creation, God was alone, He decided to be many, difficult to say, why? Only He knows, may be He felt lonely! I suppose this is his own support (lila). It turns out that at this point in time this is only an academic enquiry since the creation is already there, we have to go from where we are. (For example - if there is a spot on the shirt, it is not important how it got there, the important thing to do is to wash it off).

We happen to be carrying the karmic package which perhaps we need to work out. Gita points out very clearly what it is and how to do it. If we choose to get out of this dukhalaya (Gita 8-15), certainly can do so. As for God's part, by His own grace He has given us the rare chance to get out the birth and death cycle by giving us birth as a human being, the best of His creation (Ramayana says - "Bade bhag manush tana pava"). We have the choice of using this fine opportunity to merge with the supreme consciousness and get rid of the dukhalya for good.

Again, this depends on how we think, any given situation is good or bad depending on how we see it. Inherently, situation is not bad or good but we are labeling it as such according to our view point. Some people have all the material goods and comforts life has to offer yet are not happy, yet others do not have much of anything material and comfort wise but are always happy.

Someone said - we are really spiritual beings but at present are having the human experience. It is up to us to make the best use of little time in the present life we happen to have. Time is running out, it does not wait for anyone, whether we use or let it go. If we decide not use this time, who knows when again we would obtain the rear human birth.

Ram Ram!

A devotee.

On Behalf Of PandalaiThursday, December 01, 2005 10:52 AM Subject: Re: Fw: QS: why has lord created such a futile existence for us?

Dear Sadhak,

Futility ..is relative .. as it is only when you try and compare your life with some percieved achievement and fail that we feel the futility of life .In success you often feel only exhiliration .Therefore in order to stay equipoised we out to keep our self detached from the fruits and results of our daily actions.

God Bless

Ram Ram info wrote:

When the purpose is what you have stated, then why is it futile?Unless one achieves this purpose, one is not "dissolved" in God again.Or do you mean to ask, why did God create humans anyway and why not only animals and plants or just inert matter or nothing at all?Ram Ramvinay- F! rom: "Karmayog.comgita talk" Saturday, November 12, 2005 3:00 PM QS: why has lord created such a futile existence for us?Dear Sadhaks,Hari Om.I have a question for which I am seeking a satisfactory answer. If the basicpurpose of all creation is self realisation and attainment of the supremebeing which is the only existence, then why were the worldly beings createdby the Almighty Lord...only to be dissolved in him again. Since the world isunreal, why has the lord created such a futile existence which has noworth??Can anyone please clear this cobweb of my mind.Thanks,Amit