IndiaDivine.org

QS: In doing (karne mein), be careful (saavdhaan), in being (hone mein), remain happy (prasanna)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Shree Hari Param Shreddhey Swami Ramsukhdasji, in explaining the messages of the Gita has number of times said, "Karne mein saavdhaan, hone mein prasanna." i.e. "In doing, be careful, use your discrimination, and in being, remain happy and at ease." Question: What does Swamiji specifically mean by Saavadhaani (careful, discriminatory action) ? Is vivek involved in this saavdhaani? Since nothing has to be done for the Self, everything is being done for God / world and also since the Self is not a doer, when does this statement apply ? Since for a sharanagat bhakt (one who has taken refuge in God), love of God is the only aim and direction of life, and all actions are only in accordance to God's wishes, is

saavdhaani even an issue ? I apologize if I am revisiting some of the same questions, for further clarification. A Sadhak Ram Ram

Jay Shree Krishna Be vigilant and do everything in complete sense. Yes,only Vivek is involved. (a)Every thing is happening by grace of God.When this is felt by oneself and he happly accepts it.-this is for God(b)Completededication by oneself by sharir,pran,man,budhhi and indriyan -this is for world. May be /may not be. Madhvi Doshi <mdoshi2 wrote: Shree Hari Param Shreddhey Swami Ramsukhdasji, in explaining the messages of the Gita has number of times said, "Karne mein saavdhaan, hone mein prasanna." i.e. "In doing, be careful, use your discrimination, and in being, remain happy and at ease." Question: What does Swamiji specifically

mean by Saavadhaani (careful, discriminatory action) ? Is vivek involved in this saavdhaani? Since nothing has to be done for the Self, everything is being done for God / world and also since the Self is not a doer, when does this statement apply ? Since for a sharanagat bhakt (one who has taken refuge in God), love of God is the only aim and direction of life, and all actions are only in accordance to God's wishes, is saavdhaani even an issue ? I apologize if I am revisiting some of the same questions, for further clarification. A Sadhak Ram Ram

Ram Ram

1) Saavdhani hi Saadhana hai. You have to be careful al the time. Carefulness and discriminatory action go side by side.

2) Yes. Discrimination of right and wrong is done by vivek.

3) The doing is not by the Self and nor is it for the Self. The Self is ever separate. The doing is by the body for the world.

4) Even for a sharnagat bhakt, saavdhaani is always needed. He always has to be careful that whatever he is doing, it is for God (for His happiness). There should be no selfishness in his actions. To ensure that the actions are in accordance with God's wishes, you have to be careful.

Ram Ram

Question:

What does Swamiji specifically mean by Saavadhaani (careful, discriminatory action) ? Is vivek involved in this saavdhaani? Since nothing has to be done for the Self, everything is being done for God / world and also since the Self is not a doer, when does this statement apply ? Since for a sharanagat bhakt (one who has taken refuge in God), love of God is the only aim and direction of life, and all actions are only in accordance to God's wishes, is saavdhaani even an issue ?

Shree Hari

Ram Ram

A Sadhak pointed out Shreddhey Swami Ramsukhdasji's explanation

of 'KARNE MEIN SAAVDHAANEE, HONE MEIN PRASANNATAA. " For those who

can understand Hindi, please definitely visit the following:

Log on to www.swamiramsukhdasji.org,

click 'pustak', 'hindi', 'jeevan kaa satya', No. 13 is 'karanemen

saavadhaanee, honemen prasannataa' from page 62 to 68.

By God's grace, let us all receive/benefit from this divine

message. Please share with us your understanding of the same.

Ram Ram

, " Gita Prapann Parivar "

<sadasya@p...> wrote:

>

> Ram Ram

>

> 1) Saavdhani hi Saadhana hai. You have to be careful al the

time. Carefulness and discriminatory action go side by side.

> 2) Yes. Discrimination of right and wrong is done by vivek.

> 3) The doing is not by the Self and nor is it for the Self. The

Self is ever separate. The doing is by the body for the world.

> 4) Even for a sharnagat bhakt, saavdhaani is always needed. He

always has to be careful that whatever he is doing, it is for God

(for His happiness). There should be no selfishness in his actions.

To ensure that the actions are in accordance with God's wishes, you

have to be careful.

>

> Ram Ram

>

> Question:

> 1.. What does Swamiji specifically mean by Saavadhaani

(careful, discriminatory action) ?

> 2.. Is vivek involved in this saavdhaani?

> 3.. Since nothing has to be done for the Self, everything is

being done for God / world and also since the Self is not a doer,

when does this statement apply ?

> 4.. Since for a sharanagat bhakt (one who has taken refuge in

God), love of God is the only aim and direction of life, and all

actions are only in accordance to God's wishes, is saavdhaani even

an issue ?

>

:Shree Hari:

Ram Ram!

Dear Sadhaka,

Thanks for posing some good questions, to promote further discussion here are a few comments:

This message from Param Sharaddhey Swamiji Maharaj is very profound indeed!

1. What does Swamiji specifically mean by Saavadhaani (careful, discriminatory action) ?

Believe what is meant here is to act according to the divine inspiration only as it comes, without adding anything of our own, since a

sharanagatah has already submitted his will, so he is not interfering with the process, not having his own agrah whatsoever, that is

the saavadhaani! We are acting as a conduit only through which the divine inspiration is flowing. God needs a medium to get actions

done per His will (Thy will be done). God too is a non-doer but uses the Prakriti to accomplish all actions.

2. Is vivek involved in this saavdhaani?

Yes, the Viveka is needed but this Viveka too is not ours, it is also coming from God, Viveka is represented by Lord Ganesha in us. If we

are not there (meaning our ego) then who is having this viveka? Who is making the judgment?

3. Since nothing has to be done for the Self, everything is being done for God / world and also since the Self is not a doer, when does this statement

apply ?

Yes nothing is done by the Self, the senses and mind etc. are acting according to the dictates from within which again is coming from

the inspiration from God, assuming individual ego is already dissolved, so there is no doer ship. In order for God to do actions according

to His will, He uses the equipment given by Him to us.

4. Since for a sharanagat bhakt (one who has taken refuge in God), love of God is the only aim and direction of life, and all actions are only in accordance to God's wishes, ! is saavdhaani even an issue

Savdhaani is important because idea of submission of our will can be treacherous at times, we may think we are sharnagatah in a

complete sense, but are we truly? If we are 100% Sharanagatah then why there is a question of who is acting with saavdhani? Things

should as if in an automatic fashion

With warm regards,

A sadhka

On Behalf Of Madhvi DoshiTuesday, December 27, 2005 10:59 AM Subject: QS: In doing (karne mein), be careful (saavdhaan), in being (hone mein), remain happy (prasanna)

Shree Hari

Param Shreddhey Swami Ramsukhdasji, in explaining the messages of the Gita has number of times said, "Karne mein saavdhaan, hone mein prasanna." i.e. "In doing, be careful, use your discrimination, and in being, remain happy and at ease."

Question:

What does Swamiji specifically mean by Saavadhaani (careful, discriminatory action) ? Is vivek involved in this saavdhaani? Since nothing has to be done for the Self, everything is being done for God / world and also since the Self is not a doer, when does this statement apply ? Since for a sharanagat bhakt (one who has taken refuge in God), love of God is the only aim and direction of life, and all actions are only in accordance to God's wishes, ! is saavdhaani even an issue ?

I apologize if I am revisiting some of the same questions, for further clarification.

A Sadhak

Ram Ram

Ram Ram!

Dear Sadhaka,

Thanks again for the wonderful question, it made me look more closely at Swamiji Maharaj's divine message!

Few more comments on "Saavadhaani"

It appears that Swamiji Maharaj meant this primarily for the path of sadhaka of Karma Yoga!

But the term is applicable to the sadhakas of Janana and Bhakti Yoga also!

Please note that "Saavadhaani" is required only at the Sadhaka stage only, at the Sidha stage this "Saavadhaani"

is already there, it is a chacteristic in the Sidha simply being observed by others.

In context of the Yogas:

Jnana Yoga - all actions are happening in Prakriti only (Ref: Gita 3-27, 3-28, 5-9, 13-29 ...)

Karma Yoga - all actions are done unselfishly for the world only (Ref: 2-38, 2-47, 2-48 ...)

Bhakti Yoga - all actions are offered as a dedication to God, for His pleasure only (Ref: Gita 9-27, 12-6 ...)

With warm regards,

A sadhka

Kaura, Madan (M.L.) Tuesday, January 03, 2006 3:45 PM' 'RE: QS: In doing (karne mein), be careful (saavdhaan), in being (hone mein), remain happy (prasanna)

Ram Ram!

Dear Sadhaka,

Thanks for posing some good questions, to promote further discussion here are a few comments:

This message from Param Sharaddhey Swamiji Maharaj is very profound indeed!

1. What does Swamiji specifically mean by Saavadhaani (careful, discriminatory action) ?

Believe what is meant here is to act according to the divine inspiration only as it comes, without adding anything of our own, since a

sharanagatah has already submitted his will, so he is not interfering with the process, not having his own agrah whatsoever, that is

the saavadhaani! We are acting as a conduit only through which the divine inspiration is flowing. God needs a medium to get actions

done per His will (Thy will be done). God too is a non-doer but uses the Prakriti to accomplish all actions.

2. Is vivek involved in this saavdhaani?

Yes, the Viveka is needed but this Viveka too is not ours, it is also coming from God, Viveka is represented by Lord Ganesha in us. If we

are not there (meaning our ego) then who is having this viveka? Who is making the judgment?

3. Since nothing has to be done for the Self, everything is being done for God / world and also since the Self is not a doer, when does this statement

apply ?

Yes nothing is done by the Self, the senses and mind etc. are acting according to the dictates from within which again is coming from

the inspiration from God, assuming individual ego is already dissolved, so there is no doer ship. In order for God to do actions according

to His will, He uses the equipment given by Him to us.

4. Since for a sharanagat bhakt (one who has taken refuge in God), love of God is the only aim and direction of life, and all actions are only in accordance to God's wishes, ! is saavdhaani even an issue

Savdhaani is important because idea of submission of our will can be treacherous at times, we may think we are sharnagatah in a

complete sense, but are we truly? If we are 100% Sharanagatah then why there is a question of who is acting with saavdhani? Things

should as if in an automatic fashion

With warm regards,

A sadhka

On Behalf Of Madhvi DoshiTuesday, December 27, 2005 10:59 AM Subject: QS: In doing (karne mein), be careful (saavdhaan), in being (hone mein), remain happy (prasanna)

Shree Hari

Param Shreddhey Swami Ramsukhdasji, in explaining the messages of the Gita has number of times said, "Karne mein saavdhaan, hone mein prasanna." i.e. "In doing, be careful, use your discrimination, and in being, remain happy and at ease."

Question:

What does Swamiji specifically mean by Saavadhaani (careful, discriminatory action) ? Is vivek involved in this saavdhaani? Since nothing has to be done for the Self, everything is being done for God / world and also since the Self is not a doer, when does this statement apply ? Since for a sharanagat bhakt (one who has taken refuge in God), love of God is the only aim and direction of life, and all actions are only in accordance to God's wishes, ! is saavdhaani even an issue ?

I apologize if I am revisiting some of the same questions, for further clarification.

A Sadhak

Ram Ram

• 2 weeks later...

Shree Hari

[i would think 'hone' means 'result / outcome', and not 'being']

Question:

What does Swamiji specifically mean by Saavadhaani (careful, discriminatory action) ? I think it also means behaving 'responsibly', in a 'saatvik' manner.

Is vivek involved in this saavdhaani? At least to the extent that vivek is automatically utilised, I think.

Since nothing has to be done for the Self, everything is being done for God / world and also since the Self is not a doer, when does this statement apply ? Maharajji gave two approaches I think - that of "billi ka baccha" and "bandar ka baccha". If one is like a kitten, then one doesn't have to do anything, it is the mother cat's responsibility to take care of the kitten. If, on the other hand, one desires to act like a kid monkey i.e. clutch to the mother, then I suppose this statement will apply. Although I don't recollect if Maharajji used these approaches with the phrase of "karne mein saavdhan".This phrase is also the concept of Karmayoga, isn't it?

Since for a sharanagat bhakt (one who has taken refuge in God), love of God is the only aim and direction of life, and all actions are only in accordance to God's wishes, ! is saavdhaani even an issue ? No, by definition of sharnagat one would think that saavdhaani is not an issue. On the other hand, for many sharnagats, saavdhaani may also be an automatic way of behaving, one would think.

I continue to be curious. Ram Ram. Vinay

A Sadhak

Ram Ram