IndiaDivine.org

Inner Violence

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

My apologies, I meant to sent this email to Gita-talk group but by mistake I sent it to Prapanna Parivar...

-----

How to reduce/finish inner violence and and improve acceptance level of reality(K.D.DHINGRA)-----

Divine Soul,

Pranam.

Your question is very very important from the practical perspective because lot of us suffer from inner violence (violence that is not expressed outwardly) but don't know how to handle it. Accepting that we are violent inside is a first progressive step towards accepting reality because most of the time we live in denial or hide our weaknesses by wearing a so called spiritual or religious mask! Please forgive if people have already answered it but I could not locate it in the archive so...

I am not sure what kind of inner violence are we talking here but please correct me if my answering is in wrong direction.

One must try to find out the reasons for such violence - not the apparent reasons (symptoms) like he/she did so or said so and that makes me angry/violent. Lord has given reasons in Gitaji when one becomes angry but I am going to list some according to my understanding. I would like to see what Swami Ramsukhdasji has to say about the subject also. I know Swamiji has always promoted - 'I will not hurt anyone. I will not lie. I will not abuse anyone. I will not criticise anyone.' This so called 'anyone' includes our own self too.

Let's make it easy to understand by selecting two people named A and B and in what circumstances A becomes violent like -

When A desires something and the desire is not fulfilled - just due to natural causes

When A expects something from B and B doesn't fulfil the expectations

When A wants to control B and B just denies to be controlled When A is controlled/suppressed/stifled/abused by B and A has no courage to stand-up and protest B When A just thinks he/she is a failure in life - just too frustrated and don't have clear direction in life Sometimes it is just the social set-up that contributes towards becoming violent (includes orthodox/ignorant rules of society, the company/friendship we have, bad habits like drinking or use of drugs, etc.) so A is just violent inwardly or outwardly as he/she can't change the society or himself/herself

etc., etc., etc...

One must take time to analyze the actual cause of inner violence. Going deeper into one's own self to find out the cause of such violence can only help to cure it. If the diagnosis is wrong, (dard dil me hai lekin ilaaj sar kaa hogaa to koi faaydaa nahi), we will simply end up treating the symptoms and not the root cause of the violence.

No body makes any one angry but it is our own weaknesses - lack of true understanding, tolerance / patience, or control over our own senses - Kanchan (gold/greed), Kamini (lust/sensual pleasures), Kamana (material desires/expectations), etc. are the root causes. Baba says before pointing finger at anybody else, remember 3 fingers are pointed towards us.

So first find out the causes of it (A has to study his/her behavior, needs to be really watchful) and then take appropriate actions. One might be capable of solving such inner violence if one becomes determined to do so. Become aware of it when it arises inside & stops them with correct understanding. Transforming one's self brings peace. Sometimes the capable Guru can help with this too. It may also be possible that depending on the circumstances, one may have to seek doctor's help.

I read the following prayer, motivational & transforming sentences everyday, might be helpful:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference. Don't worry about changing others, just changing ones own self is sufficient because you have full control over yourself only :-)

Others will try to aggravate me but it is in my hand how to react. Angry = living in past, Fearful = living in future, Calm & Quite = enjoying & managing the present moment. Swamiji's advise is, 'It is coming. It is passing. Neither favorable situations stay nor unfavorable situations stay. Holding on requires effort. Renouncing is easy.' Sometimes holding on to past, bad feelings for too long builds-up rage inside so letting go helps.

Forgive & love all. Free your mind from worries - most never happen. Live simply & appreciate what you have. Give more. Expect less.

Reading, understanding and implementing Chapter 12 of Gitaji in our daily life might be of great help! Baba also suggest very heavily to watch your breath anytime you are feeling any kind of aggression. Watching breath has very calming & soothing effect in any adverse situation. It has direct connection with our mind, so be aware of your breath with your changing temperaments.

You have asked another question about prayers - Baba says when you pray for all, you are included in all so it is good to pray for all with shraddhaa :-)

Always at Thy Holy Feet

Guest guest

Dear Friends,

I believe inner violence exists and occurs almost involuntarily till

our identification with the ego and this body remains. The aim of

human existence is to shed this attachment and realise the oneness

with the Universal consciousness call it God Atman or any name. The

moment that starts happen we see the unity of all creation and we shed

all our hatred and anger. All differences cease and we start living in

the moment and are always in a state of bliss. Till such time we reach

this state we need to supress the violence by reminding ourselves of

the unity and connection with our fellow beings by chanting a mantra

or Gods name to counter the negative thought. Slowly we reach a state

where this occurs automatically and then the inner violence ceases.

Sincerely

Dr Vispi Jokhi

, " Manjula Patel " <manjumaa wrote:

>

> My apologies, I meant to sent this email to Gita-talk group but by

mistake

> I sent it to Prapanna Parivar...

>

--\

---

> How to reduce/finish inner violence and and improve acceptance level of

> reality

>

> (K.D.DHINGRA)

>

>

--\

---

>

> Divine Soul,

> Pranam.

> Your question is very very important from the practical perspective

because

> lot of us suffer from inner violence (violence that is not expressed

> outwardly) but don't know how to handle it. Accepting that we are

violent

> inside is a first progressive step towards accepting reality because

most of

> the time we live in denial or hide our weaknesses by wearing a so called

> spiritual or religious mask! Please forgive if people have already

answered

> it but I could not locate it in the archive so...

>

> I am not sure what kind of inner violence are we talking here but please

> correct me if my answering is in wrong direction.

>

> One must try to find out the reasons for such violence - not the

apparent

> reasons (symptoms) like he/she did so or said so and that makes me

> angry/violent. Lord has given reasons in Gitaji when one becomes

angry but

> I am going to list some according to my understanding. I would like

to see

> what Swami Ramsukhdasji has to say about the subject also. I know

Swamiji

> has always promoted - 'I will not hurt anyone. I will not lie. I

will not

> abuse anyone. I will not criticise anyone.' This so called 'anyone'

> includes our own self too.

>

> Let's make it easy to understand by selecting two people named A and

B and

> in what circumstances A becomes violent like -

>

> - When A desires something and the desire is not fulfilled - just due

> to natural causes

> - When A expects something from B and B doesn't fulfil the

> expectations

> - When A wants to control B and B just denies to be controlled

> - When A is controlled/suppressed/stifled/abused by B and A has no

> courage to stand-up and protest B

> - When A just thinks he/she is a failure in life - just too

frustrated

> and don't have clear direction in life

> - Sometimes it is just the social set-up that contributes towards

> becoming violent (includes orthodox/ignorant rules of society, the

> company/friendship we have, bad habits like drinking or use of

drugs, etc.)

> so A is just violent inwardly or outwardly as he/she can't change the

> society or himself/herself

> - etc., etc., etc...

>

> One must take time to analyze the actual cause of inner violence. Going

> deeper into one's own self to find out the cause of such violence

can only

> help to cure it. If the diagnosis is wrong, (dard dil me hai lekin

ilaaj

> sar kaa hogaa to koi faaydaa nahi), we will simply end up treating the

> symptoms and not the root cause of the violence.

>

> No body makes any one angry but it is our own weaknesses - lack of true

> understanding, tolerance / patience, or control over our own senses

> - Kanchan (gold/greed), Kamini (lust/sensual pleasures), Kamana

(material

> desires/expectations), etc. are the root causes. Baba says before

pointing

> finger at anybody else, remember 3 fingers are pointed towards us.

>

> So first find out the causes of it (A has to study his/her behavior,

needs

> to be really watchful) and then take appropriate actions. One might be

> capable of solving such inner violence if one becomes determined to

do so.

> Become aware of it when it arises inside & stops them with correct

> understanding. Transforming one's self brings peace. Sometimes the

capable

> Guru can help with this too. It may also be possible that depending

on the

> circumstances, one may have to seek doctor's help.

>

> I read the following prayer, motivational & transforming sentences

everyday,

> might be helpful:

>

> - God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change,

> courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the

difference. Don't

> worry about changing others, just changing ones own self is

sufficient

> because you have full control over yourself only :-)

> - Others will try to aggravate me but it is in my hand how to react.

> - Angry = living in past, Fearful = living in future, Calm & Quite =

> enjoying & managing the present moment.

> - Swamiji's advise is, 'It is coming. It is passing. Neither

> favorable situations stay nor unfavorable situations stay.

Holding on

> requires effort. Renouncing is easy.' Sometimes holding on to

past, bad

> feelings for too long builds-up rage inside so letting go helps.

> - Forgive & love all. Free your mind from worries - most never

> happen. Live simply & appreciate what you have. Give more.

Expect less.

>

> Reading, understanding and implementing *Chapter 12 of Gitaji* in

our daily

> life might be of great help! Baba also suggest very heavily to

watch your

> breath anytime you are feeling any kind of aggression. Watching

breath has

> very calming & soothing effect in any adverse situation. It has direct

> connection with our mind, so be aware of your breath with your changing

> temperaments.

>

> You have asked another question about prayers - Baba says when you

pray for

> all, you are included in all so it is good to pray for all with

shraddhaa

> :-)

>

> Always at Thy Holy Feet

>

Guest guest

Loving Divine,

Pranam.

Agree. Developing awareness and right understanding of the causes of violence helps - doesn't require much suppression.

I recommend reading slokas in Chapter 2, especially starting from sloka 60 onwards to the end of chapter.

B.Gita is a great book of psychology, relating it with our mental activities and following the solution proposed is a big help to mankind.

Thanks.

Always at Thy Holy Feet

On 3/15/06, Vispi Jokhi <vhjokhi wrote:

Dear Friends,I believe inner violence exists and occurs almost involuntarily tillour identification with the ego and this body remains. The aim of

human existence is to shed this attachment and realise the onenesswith the Universal consciousness call it God Atman or any name. Themoment that starts happen we see the unity of all creation and we shedall our hatred and anger. All differences cease and we start living in

the moment and are always in a state of bliss. Till such time we reachthis state we need to supress the violence by reminding ourselves ofthe unity and connection with our fellow beings by chanting a mantra

or Gods name to counter the negative thought. Slowly we reach a statewhere this occurs automatically and then the inner violence ceases.SincerelyDr Vispi Jokhi

, " Manjula Patel " <manjumaa wrote:>> My apologies, I meant to sent this email to Gita-talk group but bymistake> I sent it to Prapanna Parivar...

>-----> How to reduce/finish inner violence and and improve acceptance level of> reality

>> (K.D.DHINGRA)>>----->> Divine Soul,> Pranam.> Your question is very very important from the practical perspective

because> lot of us suffer from inner violence (violence that is not expressed> outwardly) but don't know how to handle it. Accepting that we areviolent> inside is a first progressive step towards accepting reality because

most of> the time we live in denial or hide our weaknesses by wearing a so called> spiritual or religious mask! Please forgive if people have alreadyanswered> it but I could not locate it in the archive so...

>> I am not sure what kind of inner violence are we talking here but please> correct me if my answering is in wrong direction.>> One must try to find out the reasons for such violence - not the

apparent> reasons (symptoms) like he/she did so or said so and that makes me> angry/violent. Lord has given reasons in Gitaji when one becomesangry but> I am going to list some according to my understanding. I would like

to see> what Swami Ramsukhdasji has to say about the subject also. I knowSwamiji> has always promoted - 'I will not hurt anyone. I will not lie. Iwill not> abuse anyone. I will not criticise anyone.' This so called 'anyone'

> includes our own self too.>> Let's make it easy to understand by selecting two people named A andB and> in what circumstances A becomes violent like ->> - When A desires something and the desire is not fulfilled - just due

> to natural causes> - When A expects something from B and B doesn't fulfil the> expectations> - When A wants to control B and B just denies to be controlled> - When A is controlled/suppressed/stifled/abused by B and A has no

> courage to stand-up and protest B> - When A just thinks he/she is a failure in life - just toofrustrated> and don't have clear direction in life> - Sometimes it is just the social set-up that contributes towards

> becoming violent (includes orthodox/ignorant rules of society, the> company/friendship we have, bad habits like drinking or use ofdrugs, etc.)> so A is just violent inwardly or outwardly as he/she can't change the

> society or himself/herself> - etc., etc., etc...>> One must take time to analyze the actual cause of inner violence. Going> deeper into one's own self to find out the cause of such violence

can only> help to cure it. If the diagnosis is wrong, (dard dil me hai lekinilaaj> sar kaa hogaa to koi faaydaa nahi), we will simply end up treating the> symptoms and not the root cause of the violence.

>> No body makes any one angry but it is our own weaknesses - lack of true> understanding, tolerance / patience, or control over our own senses> - Kanchan (gold/greed), Kamini (lust/sensual pleasures), Kamana

(material> desires/expectations), etc. are the root causes. Baba says beforepointing> finger at anybody else, remember 3 fingers are pointed towards us.>> So first find out the causes of it (A has to study his/her behavior,

needs> to be really watchful) and then take appropriate actions. One might be> capable of solving such inner violence if one becomes determined todo so.> Become aware of it when it arises inside & stops them with correct

> understanding. Transforming one's self brings peace. Sometimes thecapable> Guru can help with this too. It may also be possible that dependingon the> circumstances, one may have to seek doctor's help.

>> I read the following prayer, motivational & transforming sentenceseveryday,> might be helpful:>> - God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change,> courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the

difference. Don't> worry about changing others, just changing ones own self issufficient> because you have full control over yourself only :-)> - Others will try to aggravate me but it is in my hand how to react.

> - Angry = living in past, Fearful = living in future, Calm & Quite => enjoying & managing the present moment.> - Swamiji's advise is, 'It is coming. It is passing. Neither> favorable situations stay nor unfavorable situations stay.

Holding on> requires effort. Renouncing is easy.' Sometimes holding on topast, bad> feelings for too long builds-up rage inside so letting go helps.> - Forgive & love all. Free your mind from worries - most never

> happen. Live simply & appreciate what you have. Give more.Expect less.>> Reading, understanding and implementing *Chapter 12 of Gitaji* inour daily> life might be of great help! Baba also suggest very heavily to

watch your> breath anytime you are feeling any kind of aggression. Watchingbreath has> very calming & soothing effect in any adverse situation. It has direct> connection with our mind, so be aware of your breath with your changing

> temperaments.>> You have asked another question about prayers - Baba says when youpray for> all, you are included in all so it is good to pray for all withshraddhaa> :-)>

> Always at Thy Holy Feet>