IndiaDivine.org

Krishna Lord or God?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

If Krishna is Lord then he was a human being like us and if He is God

then He is eternel means without beginning and end.

Every one knows that Krishna of Geeta was born and died. To beleive

Krishna as God is wrong. Please clarify my confusion.

....VedicDharma

Guest guest

Dear Sir/Madam,

Love and Love alone....

In Hindu religion, we call any realised soul as " Bhagavan, Thakur, Baba " , etc. For example, Bhagawan Remana Maharshi, Thakur Ramakrishna Paramahansa, Sai Baba,, etc. Though they were also human beings like us, we still rever them with such titles, because they are ever-present guiding their disciples, in spite of the fact that they are not in human bodies now. So it applies to Rama, Krishna, Jesus, Buddha, etc. Otherwise, saints like Tulasidas, Valmiki, Vyasa, would not have written such great books on Them. Is it not? As per our scriptures, God has no shape, no colour, no sex, no religion, no attributes and God is beyond all. Purushasukta and Sri Vishnu Sahasranama say the same.

Purusasuktam:

Om sahasra shirsha purushaha

sahasrakshas sahasrapat

sa bhumim vishvato vritva

atyatishthad dhashangulam

The Purusha (the Supreme Being) has a thousand heads, a thousand eyes and a thousand feet. He has enveloped this universe from all sides and has (even) transcended it by ten inches.

Can you imagine how He is? It is beyond our comprehension. He is Virat Purusha. It is called Viswarupa in Srimad Bhagavat Gita.

Sri Vishnu Sahasranamam

Anurbrihat krishah sthulo gunabhrinnirgono mahaan

Adhritah svadhritah svaasyah praagvansho vanshavardhanah

Word-by-word meaning:

Atomic, the great, lightest, immense, gunas supporter, free from gunas, great

unconstrained, self-sustained, glorious status, cause of nitya suris, grows progeny

Now, here, He is the smallest atom to the highest that you can imagine, He is the lightest to the heaviest that you can imagine and at the same time, the beauty is, being the supporter of gunas, He Himself is free from any gunas, He is mahan (greatest of the great), unconstrained by anything and at the same time, self-sustained, His glory has no limits and He is the cause for the growth of this universe.

How can we explain these contrasting and at the same time very interesting qualities? It is just impossible. He is, therefore, God. You will find these qualities in great saints, realised souls and hence they are called Bhagawans, Thakurs, Swamis, Babas, etc.

Though They were/are in this world , They are still beyond it. They are not attached to anything. Krishna is one such a great soul, who taught us Srimad Bhagavad Gita, a text which has been inspiring millions of people always.

My request to you dear is instead of questioning and, in fact, wasting time in finding out whether Krishna was God or not, let us enjoy His discourse, Srimad Bhagavad Gita. Let us not waste time and this precious life in counting the trees, leaves and fruits of a Mango orchard, let us just enjoy the fruits. What do you say? I hope you agree with me.

Hari Om and Love.

P. Gopi Krishna

On 7/14/06, vedicdharma <

vedicdharma wrote:

If Krishna is Lord then he was a human being like us and if He is Godthen He is eternel means without beginning and end.Every one knows that Krishna of Geeta was born and died. To beleiveKrishna as God is wrong. Please clarify my confusion. ...VedicDharma

Guest guest

Sir, Please read Bhagavad-Gita, as much as possible, and you will get all the answers you are looking for: Just a few of the specific verses recommended for your reading are : 1: mattah parataram nAnyat kinchitasti dhananjaya

mayi sarvam idam prOtam sUtre maniganAiva. ( There is nothing superior to Lord Krishna. The whole universe is supported by Him, as pearls in a chain are strung around an invisible thread, inside ) . 2: avajAnanti mAm mUdhAh mAnushIm tanumAsritam parambhAvamajAnanto mama bhUta

maheswaram. ( People who are not spiritually knowledgeble can NOT understand Lord Krishna, as He also accepted a human body. He is Supreme, beyond our ordinary human comprehension, without a birth or death, and is the Supreme Lord of everything ) 3: anAditvAm nirguNatvAm paramAtmAyamavyayam saristhopi kaunteya nakaroti nalipyate. ( Because He is the Adi-Purusha, without any contamination in Gunas, He being the Supreme Lord, without an end, even though He accepts a body, He does Not act, and actions do not taint Him ). 4: yadhAyadhAhi Dharmasya glAnir

bhavati bhArata abhyuDhAnamaDharmasya tadhAtmAnam srujAmyaham. ( He creates Himself, when Dharma is on the decline and Adharma is on the raise) Sir, you and I and all other living beings are forced to take this birth to reap the consequences of our previous actions, BUT NOT LORD KRISHNA, who creates Himself to establish Dharma. By the way, you and I and eveyone else are born like a 2 or 3 kilogram babies, from the womb of a mother, BUT lord Krishna was never born like us, like a baby. Mother Devaki went into labour in the jail cell, BUT Lord

Krishna appeared in the jail cell, before his parents Devaki and Vasudeva, like Sriman Narayana, with Sankha, chakrea, Gada, padma, Srivatsa, Vaijayanti etc, as tall and as big the jail cell can accomodate, and then became a baby and Vasudeva took Him to Nanda nad Yasoda. Please read Bhagavad-Gita and Srimad Bhagavatam. Thank you, Venkat Kanumalla, ( of Sri Ranganatha Temple, Pomona, New-York ). vedicdharma <vedicdharma wrote: If Krishna is Lord then he was a human being like us and if He is Godthen He is eternel means without beginning and end.Every one knows that Krishna of Geeta was born and died. To beleiveKrishna as God is wrong. Please clarify my

confusion....VedicDharma

Guest guest

There is some indication actually that Shree Krishna took birth in Vrindaban or Vraja and that the child which Vasudeva carried across the Jamuna merged into the body of the son of Yashoda although initially Shukadeva Goswami in the 'Bhagavat' tells the King Parikshit that Krishna was born of Vasudeva in Mathura since the King would be enlivened to hear that Krishna was born in his dynasty. However, in the 10th Canto of the same 'Bhagavat' the gopees of Vraja mention in chapter 31, verse 1, jayati te' dhikam janmanaa vraja shrayata indiraa shashvad atra hi..... That is , : O beloved, Your birth in the land of Vraja has made it exceedingly glorious .. So, after bring the King into more confidential subject matter, Shukadeva lets him know that actually, Yashoda is the real Mother of God. Humbly, BV

Avadhutvenkat kanumalla <sridhardikshit wrote: Sir, Please read Bhagavad-Gita, as much as possible, and you will get all the answers you are looking for: Just a few of the specific verses recommended for your reading are : 1: mattah parataram nAnyat kinchitasti dhananjaya mayi sarvam idam prOtam sUtre maniganAiva. ( There is nothing superior to Lord Krishna. The whole universe is supported by Him, as pearls in a chain are strung around an invisible thread, inside ) . 2: avajAnanti mAm mUdhAh mAnushIm tanumAsritam

parambhAvamajAnanto mama bhUta maheswaram. ( People who are not spiritually knowledgeble can NOT understand Lord Krishna, as He also accepted a human body. He is Supreme, beyond our ordinary human comprehension, without a birth or death, and is the Supreme Lord of everything ) 3: anAditvAm nirguNatvAm paramAtmAyamavyayam saristhopi kaunteya nakaroti nalipyate. ( Because He is the Adi-Purusha, without any contamination in Gunas, He being the Supreme Lord, without an end, even though He accepts a body, He does Not act, and actions do not taint Him ). 4: yadhAyadhAhi Dharmasya glAnir bhavati bhArata abhyuDhAnamaDharmasya tadhAtmAnam srujAmyaham. ( He creates Himself, when Dharma is on the decline and Adharma is on the raise) Sir, you and I and all other living beings are forced to take this birth to reap the consequences of our previous actions, BUT NOT LORD KRISHNA, who creates Himself to establish Dharma. By the way, you and I and eveyone else are born like a 2 or 3 kilogram babies, from the womb of a mother, BUT lord Krishna was never born

like us, like a baby. Mother Devaki went into labour in the jail cell, BUT Lord Krishna appeared in the jail cell, before his parents Devaki and Vasudeva, like Sriman Narayana, with Sankha, chakrea, Gada, padma, Srivatsa, Vaijayanti etc, as tall and as big the jail cell can accomodate, and then became a baby and Vasudeva took Him to Nanda nad Yasoda. Please read Bhagavad-Gita and Srimad Bhagavatam. Thank you, Venkat Kanumalla, ( of Sri Ranganatha Temple, Pomona, New-York ). vedicdharma <vedicdharma wrote: If Krishna is Lord then he was a human being like us and if He is Godthen He is eternel means without beginning and end.Every one knows that Krishna of Geeta was born and died. To beleiveKrishna as God is wrong. Please clarify my confusion....VedicDharma

Guest guest

In the United States everyone knows and hears two numbers constantly-9/11. Is it not? But what Shree Krishna says in the Geeta is absolute knowledge beyond any doubt, and in chapter 9, verse 11 He lays it on the line, 'Avajananti Mam Mudha, Manusim Tanum Ashrita.." Fools deride Me as a human being. 'Param bhavam ajananto , Mama Bhuta Maheshvaram' They do not know My Supreme Dominion and My transcendental nature. Yes , Krishna is God, one without a second and that is the sum and substance of the Bhagavad-gita. bv avadhootGopi Krishna Paritala <paritalagopikrishna wrote: Dear Sir/Madam, Love and Love alone.... In Hindu religion, we call any realised soul as "Bhagavan, Thakur, Baba", etc. For example, Bhagawan Remana Maharshi, Thakur Ramakrishna Paramahansa, Sai Baba,, etc. Though they were also human beings like us, we still rever them with such titles, because they are ever-present guiding their disciples, in spite of the fact that they are not in human bodies now. So it applies to Rama, Krishna, Jesus, Buddha, etc. Otherwise, saints like Tulasidas, Valmiki, Vyasa, would not have written such great books on Them. Is it not? As per our scriptures, God has no shape, no colour, no sex, no religion, no attributes and God is beyond all. Purushasukta and Sri Vishnu Sahasranama say the same. Purusasuktam: Om sahasra shirsha purushaha sahasrakshas sahasrapat sa bhumim vishvato vritva atyatishthad dhashangulam The Purusha (the Supreme Being) has a thousand heads, a thousand eyes and a thousand feet. He has enveloped this universe from all sides and has (even) transcended it by ten inches. Can you imagine how He is? It is beyond our comprehension. He is Virat Purusha. It is called Viswarupa in Srimad Bhagavat Gita. Sri Vishnu Sahasranamam Anurbrihat krishah sthulo gunabhrinnirgono mahaan Adhritah svadhritah svaasyah praagvansho vanshavardhanah Word-by-word meaning: Atomic, the great, lightest, immense, gunas supporter, free from gunas, great unconstrained, self-sustained, glorious

status, cause of nitya suris, grows progeny Now, here, He is the smallest atom to the highest that you can imagine, He is the lightest to the heaviest that you can imagine and at the same time, the beauty is, being the supporter of gunas, He Himself is free from any gunas, He is mahan (greatest of the great), unconstrained by anything and at the same time, self-sustained, His glory has no limits and He is the cause for the growth of this universe. How can we explain these contrasting and at the same time very interesting qualities? It is just impossible. He is, therefore, God. You will find these qualities in great saints, realised souls and hence they are called Bhagawans, Thakurs, Swamis, Babas, etc. Though They were/are in this world , They are still beyond it. They are not attached to anything. Krishna is one such a great soul, who taught us Srimad Bhagavad Gita, a

text which has been inspiring millions of people always. My request to you dear is instead of questioning and, in fact, wasting time in finding out whether Krishna was God or not, let us enjoy His discourse, Srimad Bhagavad Gita. Let us not waste time and this precious life in counting the trees, leaves and fruits of a Mango orchard, let us just enjoy the fruits. What do you say? I hope you agree with me. Hari Om and Love. P. Gopi Krishna On 7/14/06, vedicdharma < vedicdharma wrote: If Krishna is Lord then he was a human

being like us and if He is Godthen He is eternel means without beginning and end.Every one knows that Krishna of Geeta was born and died. To beleiveKrishna as God is wrong. Please clarify my confusion. ...VedicDharma

Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail Beta.

Guest guest

When the sun sets is it gone? No, it arises again next morning. When Krishna leaves this planet He moves into another Universe to display the same Leelas and instructions to the living beings in that universe. Lord Brahma, who is the supreme engineer of this universe says in the first verse of the 5th chapter of the 'Brahma Samhita', ' isvara parama krishna sat-chid - ananda vigraha, anadir adir govinda, sarva karana karanam', Lord Shree Krishna has an eternal body, composed of knowledge and bliss. His is the cause of all causes, He has no other cause and He is without origin, but the origin of all." bv avadhutvedicdharma <vedicdharma wrote: If Krishna is Lord then he was a human being like us and if He is Godthen He is eternel means without beginning and end.Every one knows that Krishna of Geeta was born and died. To beleiveKrishna as God is wrong. Please clarify my confusion....VedicDharma

Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs.

Try it free.

Guest guest

My respects to all, Please know that when it is said in any Vedic scripture that God has no form, it is refering to a material form. He does however, have a spiritual form of transcendental knowledge and bliss. If we go to the 15th and 16th verse of Shree Isopanishad we see there mentioned that behind the great effulgence of light [brahma jyoti] is a form of bliss. That form can be perceived when the heart and mind have rejected all impersonal attempts to understand the absolute Truth. Otherwise, if we treat God as unembodied, and without qualitites then our hopes for divine love are finished, since love is always between two persons. The Bhagavat of Vyasa, in Canto 2 also describes the personal form and features of God as well as the nature of the spritual world. Thus this world is only a reflection of the real world. bv avadhootGopi Krishna Paritala

<paritalagopikrishna wrote: Dear Sir/Madam, Love and Love alone.... In Hindu religion, we call any realised soul as "Bhagavan, Thakur, Baba", etc. For example, Bhagawan Remana Maharshi, Thakur Ramakrishna Paramahansa, Sai Baba,, etc. Though they were also human beings like us, we still rever them with such titles, because they are ever-present guiding their disciples, in spite of the fact that they are not in human bodies now. So it applies to Rama, Krishna, Jesus,

Buddha, etc. Otherwise, saints like Tulasidas, Valmiki, Vyasa, would not have written such great books on Them. Is it not? As per our scriptures, God has no shape, no colour, no sex, no religion, no attributes and God is beyond all. Purushasukta and Sri Vishnu Sahasranama say the same. Purusasuktam: Om sahasra shirsha purushaha sahasrakshas sahasrapat sa bhumim vishvato vritva atyatishthad dhashangulam The Purusha (the Supreme Being) has a thousand heads, a thousand eyes and a thousand feet. He has enveloped this universe from all sides and has (even) transcended it by ten inches. Can you imagine how He is? It is beyond our comprehension. He is Virat Purusha. It is called Viswarupa in Srimad Bhagavat Gita. Sri Vishnu Sahasranamam Anurbrihat krishah

sthulo gunabhrinnirgono mahaan Adhritah svadhritah svaasyah praagvansho vanshavardhanah Word-by-word meaning: Atomic, the great, lightest, immense, gunas supporter, free from gunas, great unconstrained, self-sustained, glorious status, cause of nitya suris, grows progeny Now, here, He is the smallest atom to the highest that you can imagine, He is the lightest to the heaviest that you can imagine and at the same time, the beauty is, being the supporter of gunas, He Himself is free from any gunas, He is mahan (greatest of the great), unconstrained by anything and at the same time, self-sustained, His glory has no limits and He is the cause for the growth of this universe. How can we explain these contrasting and at the same time very interesting qualities? It is just impossible. He is, therefore, God. You will find these qualities in great saints,

realised souls and hence they are called Bhagawans, Thakurs, Swamis, Babas, etc. Though They were/are in this world , They are still beyond it. They are not attached to anything. Krishna is one such a great soul, who taught us Srimad Bhagavad Gita, a text which has been inspiring millions of people always. My request to you dear is instead of questioning and, in fact, wasting time in finding out whether Krishna was God or not, let us enjoy His discourse, Srimad Bhagavad Gita. Let us not waste time and this precious life in counting the trees, leaves and fruits of a Mango orchard, let us just enjoy the fruits. What do you say? I hope you agree with me. Hari Om and Love. P. Gopi Krishna On 7/14/06, vedicdharma < vedicdharma wrote: If Krishna is Lord then he was a human being like us and if He is Godthen He is eternel means without beginning and end.Every one knows that Krishna of Geeta was born and died. To beleiveKrishna as God is wrong. Please clarify my confusion. ...VedicDharma

See the all-new, redesigned .com. Check it out.