IndiaDivine.org

Self versus Ego (I-ness)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Loving Divine,

Pranam.

I have tried to explain my understanding in your email.

humble regards,

always at Thy Service

On 7/14/06, sadhak_insight <sadhak_insight wrote:

" Nipun Pharlia " <nipun

RAM RAMIN ENGLISHI pray, please tell me -- What is the difference between " intellect " and " discriminativefaculty "

A: Just like smell is the power of nose, vivek / discrimination is the power of intellect. When we decide (doubting is the function of mind) to act after evaluating is done that is called the use of intellect - buddhi. All decision making is done by this buddhi. So when this buddhi starts differentiating what is truth or real (Self, God) and what is unreal (worldly aspects) it is considered as the higher state of applying the power of intellect, i.e., vivek.

- What is the difference between the " Ego " (I-ness) and the " Self "

A: The Self is the knower/owner of all yet detached from all while the ego is the knower of nothing and most attached of all :-) Self is God and Ego is illusion created by Prakriti. In past we had some discussion, please read past emails from archive. Thanks. Also please read chapter 13 & 14.

Thank you,IN HINDIKripya batayein,· " BUDDHI " AUR " VIVEK " MEIN KYA ANTAR HAI

· " AHAM " AUR " SWAYAM " MEIN KYA ANTAR HAIDHANYAWADRAM RAM

Guest guest

- What is the difference between "intellect" and "discriminativefaculty" Soul consists of Mind, Intellect and Sanskaras. Intellect is used to decide what is right and what is wrong. Discriminating faculty is Intellect and It can discriminate rightly only when it has the power of concentration without clouding of waste thoughts.- What is the difference between "intellect" and "discriminativefaculty" - What is the difference between the "Ego" (I-ness) and the "Self" There is Soul consciousness and Body consciousness. When we are in soul consciousness it is self conscoiusness where there are only 7 qualities - Knowledge, Purity, Peace, Love, Happiness, Powers (to face, to discriminate, to judge, to pack up, to cooperate, to withdraw, to tolerate, to accomodate) and Bliss. In body consciousness, there is Ego where there are 5 vices of Lust, anger, greed, ego and attachment.

Want to be your own boss? Learn how on Small Business.