IndiaDivine.org

Sense of Mine - The Root of Selfishness, Sorrow and Suffering

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Swamiji,

I write this in response to the e-mail i received on

the subject '[sadhaka] Sense of Mine - The Root of

Selfishness, Sorrow and Suffering (21.8.06)'.

I now am father of two children and now have the

responsibility to care for their needs.

Now my question is can i set aside the sense of mine

of my family and serve the society ? The ultimate

essense of the message is that a man must have a sense

of MY WRLD.

If i now drop the sense of my family, who would care

for it?

Is it that i must care for them as merely a sense of

responsibility?

Kindly clarify.

Pranam

ATTACHED MESSAGE LINK :

Sense of Mine - The Root of Selfishness, Sorrow and Suffering (21.8.06)

sadhaka/message/1331

Dear Ravi Chandra ji,

Love and Love alone...

You addressed the mail to a Swamiji. I am sorry, I do not know whom you are referring to, but I take the liberty to respond to it.

No spiritual teacher, much less, Enlightened Soul, has advised any Grihasta to renounce the house and family and to go to forests for meditation. What they preached always that see the same God in you and in your family members and neighbours and for that matter in every one, including your children. They are not different. But, the problem is that we see them as " our children " and develop " attachment " , thereby we distinguish them from other children, or other family members. This attachment or the feeling of " my family or my children " will lead to moha, like Dhritarashtra. Then, what is the way out? The way out is serve not only your children but all children that you come across as Lord Bala Krishna Himself, with the same love and care, thereby you see only HIM in every one and the distinction between " mine " and " others " will vanish. Any work can be made spiritual by invoking God in it. Let us think that, we are about to have food, before putting the first morsel of food into the mouth, offer it to God. The food aromatically will become prasad. Kindly allow me to quote what I have read on the menu of Radha Madhav (I think, Hare Rama Hare Krishna) Mandir Canteen in Rishikesh:

" PRASADAM means benediction or blessings. Whatever we eat shapes our body and on a more subtle level, our thinking. Scriptures inform us of the necessity of offering food to God before we eat. God accepts our offering of love and service and food is transformed into His mercy. Cooked with love and devotion and accepted with faith, the everyday act of eating is transformed into a spiritual prayer. Thus, food becomes empowered with spiritual energy. Our gross senses might not perceive it. Out soul does "

Sadhana means Antahkarana Suddhi and by invoking God at every step, this can be achieved.

Love and Love alone....

P. Gopi Krishna.

On 8/22/06, ravi chandra <m_ravi_chandra wrote:

Dear Swamiji,I write this in response to the e-mail i received onthe subject '[sadhaka] Sense of Mine - The Root ofSelfishness, Sorrow and Suffering (21.8.06)'.I now am father of two children and now have the

responsibility to care for their needs. Now my question is can i set aside the sense of mineof my family and serve the society ? The ultimateessense of the message is that a man must have a senseof MY WRLD.

If i now drop the sense of my family, who would carefor it?Is it that i must care for them as merely a sense ofresponsibility?Kindly clarify.PranamATTACHED MESSAGE LINK :

Sense of Mine - The Root of Selfishness, Sorrow and Suffering (21.8.06)sadhaka/message/1331

-- Paritala Gopi Krishna

Loving Divine,

Pranam.

When we expand our horizons, all shorter visions become just part of it and not excluded from it. Baba says when we pray for all, we are part of this ALL. When we think of Vasudhaiva kutumba, our family becomes a part of this bigger family! We have recently discussed very greatly the subject of 'Vasudev Sarvam', please read emails from archive # 310 (

/messages/322?viscount=-30 & l=1). The series of emails contain all appropriate Gita Sloka references. No God or Gurus ever request his/her disciples to leave their families or not to perform their duties (even Adi Guru Shankaracharya came back to take care of his widow mother). They have always been advising to perform all of our actions with detachment - without I/my-ness. Again detachment doesn't have to be dry & rude - it can be with love and compassion. As Gurudev (Paramhamsa Hariharanandaji) used to say, 'be compassionately detached'.

A lot can be learned by studying Shri Krishna's life... (how detached he was from his childhood...!!! - had to leave His parents immediately after His birth; had to face so many difficulties - people creating conspiracies against Him, trying to catch Him, kill him; had to leave His other set of parents in His youth; had to leave His beloved gop-gopies; had to leave His town and settle in Dwarka; had to leave rather destroy His own yadu vansh towards the end; had to leave His body away from all His relatives-friends-families in jungle, so detached all the time yet so compassionate, kind, forgiving, helping, always smiling and manifestation of love & bliss...!!!!!!!!! A great diplomat - a job full of all kinds of conspiracies and stress, yet He was so calm, caring, concerned, never complaining - an embodiment of patience...!!!!!!!!!! A householder with many children yet so detached - letting yadu vansh destroyed so the adharma doesn't manifest through them - full of strength, far away from sorrows, an Equanimity Himself...!!!!!!! He did it all what was expected of Him as a person and yet a Yogi of all times...!!!!!!! What else to say...?

You can even study Shri Ram's life or the life of Jesus, Mohammad any great saint - married or a householder - their life was full of troubles and yet they remained for all including their family members...!!!

My love...

always at Thy Divine Feet, O Lord, let U always b our role model...

On 8/22/06, ravi chandra <m_ravi_chandra wrote:

Dear Swamiji,I write this in response to the e-mail i received onthe subject '[sadhaka] Sense of Mine - The Root of

Selfishness, Sorrow and Suffering (21.8.06)'.I now am father of two children and now have theresponsibility to care for their needs.Now my question is can i set aside the sense of mineof my family and serve the society ? The ultimate

essense of the message is that a man must have a senseof MY WRLD.If i now drop the sense of my family, who would carefor it?Is it that i must care for them as merely a sense ofresponsibility?

Kindly clarify.PranamATTACHED MESSAGE LINK :Sense of Mine - The Root of Selfishness, Sorrow and Suffering (21.8.06)sadhaka/message/1331

" Krishna Gopal Misra " <kg.com>

FW: Suspect your employer as Sri Krishna ( UPDRASTA-

ANUMANTA- BHARTA- BHOKTA- MAHESWAR - PARMESHWAR)

Tue, 22 Aug 2006 23:35:03

Dear Ravi

Your question in your e-mail is what is related to my life

experience.

Family responsibility is also an important duty to Sri Krishna. This

is His job that you do as a custodian. Your child or any bodies'

child is really no different. When you say that it is `your' child,

this is an attachment and a cause of the sorrow, and pleasure and

fear. Treat your child, and your employers, and neighbors as

manifestation of Sri Krishna and co-exist with all of them in

perfect balance. You cannot be held responsible for any one of your

actions for action towards others because you cannot really control

rest of the world. You are just a delivery boy and the entire system

runs the way it is designed, with or without you.

Sri Krishna in Bhagwat Gita gives an answer when I was trying to

understand it and get relief from my false sense of responsibility.

Sri Krishna is never in the front (face to face), He is always

standing behind. By this way, He is UPDRASTA (looking from back). He

is like a projector operator in a cinema. He puts up the reel and

the world as we see it comes before us, in the 3 dimensional

realities. As a person watching that cinema, you cannot help

yourself and just react. Sri Krishna watches you doing this reaction

against the sense of the cinema that is shown by Him from the back

of you. If you are really clever and recognized this concept, you

are a big success. After that Sri Krishna becomes ANUMANTA (or giver

of inner consent) to what ever you decide in your pure heart. That

means, if you ask Him why things are not coming in the way it should

be, He will advise the course of action from the heart. In this

position, you loose power to react because you now know the source

of reality, and do not get angry on others, and remain free from

bias. Sri Krishna will then turn into BHARTA (provider). You will be

very very surprised that by your changed behaviors, certain people

that have never known you will get to know you. They will then beg

to become your clients or employers whether or not you have any

usefulness to them or not. What ever you do, they will buy. In this

way, your family obligation and your own will be borne by Sri

Krishna. For example, take a case of Ustad Bismilla Khan. He was

playing Shahnayee (a little known music instrument) and this became

a source of his and his families' livelihood. Similarly it is

happening with me. I have no skills, no knowledge and no behavior

but I find my clients coming and giving me the work. I now recognize

my clients' true identity. And as a result, I take care of them and

do all that I can do. Because Sri Krishna is now a BHARTA. Food or

income given by Sri Krishna in disguise of clients is actually

staying with us, and I now have a house built that I could never

have by hard work so far. When the Bhagwat Gita did not reveal me

this knowledge, I was earning money but that was going down the

drain. Very soon, all desires come to an end. Because any small

thing given by Sri Krishna (by whatever means) is enough and desires

cannot raise their head, and leave you forever. When desires are

fulfilled, Sri Krishna looses the job of a provider (BHARTA). He

then becomes BHOKTA (consumer). The bhakta of Sri Krishna has no

desire but He still has to live and work without any of His desires.

At this condition, He is interested in food made with nourishment of

deep love. He is hungry of love and the BHOKTA is looking for food

that he can get only from his bhakta. Sri Krishna can travel from

India to US to Brazil to wherever for a 100 mg of food of the

Bhakta. This condition of Sri Krishna is called BHOKTA. He is

looking for deep love wherever it is. He can buy, beg, borrow, or

steal. He is BHOKTA or consumer of pure love. That bhakta with Sri

Krishna as BHOKTA turns to be MAHESHWAR (Shiva – knower of advita).

I cannot writ about this state and beyond. From MAHESHWAR, Sri

Krishna becomes PARAMATMA.

Dear Ravi, you should look carefully every person or organization

who gives you money, and respect. Suspect him as Sri Krishna. Take

care of Him, He wants to take care of your family through you. This

is His duty that you are appointed to serve the family that you now

have from 6 billion people at the earth. If you once loose any of

your children, you cannot find him/her in the world with 6 billion

populations. To leave them, and be so called sanyasi is not what

best service to Sri Krishna.. Had you a duty of a renunciate, Sri

Krishna would never have given you a family and responsibility by

Himself.

Read this e-mail carefully, and read again till these are absorbed

in your mind.

Regards

K G Misra

, ravi chandra <m_ravi_chandra

wrote:

>

> Dear Swamiji,

>

> I write this in response to the e-mail i received on

> the subject '[sadhaka] Sense of Mine - The Root of

> Selfishness, Sorrow and Suffering (21.8.06)'.

>

> I now am father of two children and now have the

> responsibility to care for their needs.

>

> Now my question is can i set aside the sense of mine

> of my family and serve the society ? The ultimate

> essense of the message is that a man must have a sense

> of MY WRLD.

>

> If i now drop the sense of my family, who would care

> for it?

>

> Is it that i must care for them as merely a sense of

> responsibility?

>

> Kindly clarify.

>

> Pranam

>

> ATTACHED MESSAGE LINK :

> Sense of Mine - The Root of Selfishness, Sorrow and Suffering

(21.8.06)

> sadhaka/message/1331

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Dear Manjula Behan, Ravi and others,

Love and Love alone,

Wonderful explanation Behan. Hereunder I quote another sloka to emphasise the importance of " arpana - offering " to make each and every action a divine one.

IX:27

Yatkaroshi yadasnaasi Yajjuhoshi dadaasi yat

Yattapasyasi Kauteya tatkurushva madarpanam

Whatever you do, whatever you eat, whatever you offer in practise as austerity, O Kaunteya, do it as an offering to Me.

Love and Love alone...

P. Gopi Krishna

On 8/22/06, Manjula Patel <manjumaa wrote:

Loving Divine,

Pranam.

When we expand our horizons, all shorter visions become just part of it and not excluded from it. Baba says when we pray for all, we are part of this ALL. When we think of Vasudhaiva kutumba, our family becomes a part of this bigger family! We have recently discussed very greatly the subject of 'Vasudev Sarvam', please read emails from archive # 310 ( /messages/322?viscount=-30 & l=1

). The series of emails contain all appropriate Gita Sloka references. No God or Gurus ever request his/her disciples to leave their families or not to perform their duties (even Adi Guru Shankaracharya came back to take care of his widow mother). They have always been advising to perform all of our actions with detachment - without I/my-ness. Again detachment doesn't have to be dry & rude - it can be with love and compassion. As Gurudev (Paramhamsa Hariharanandaji) used to say, 'be compassionately detached'.

A lot can be learned by studying Shri Krishna's life... (how detached he was from his childhood...!!! - had to leave His parents immediately after His birth; had to face so many difficulties - people creating conspiracies against Him, trying to catch Him, kill him; had to leave His other set of parents in His youth; had to leave His beloved gop-gopies; had to leave His town and settle in Dwarka; had to leave rather destroy His own yadu vansh towards the end; had to leave His body away from all His relatives-friends-families in jungle, so detached all the time yet so compassionate, kind, forgiving, helping, always smiling and manifestation of love & bliss...!!!!!!!!! A great diplomat - a job full of all kinds of conspiracies and stress, yet He was so calm, caring, concerned, never complaining - an embodiment of patience...!!!!!!!!!! A householder with many children yet so detached - letting yadu vansh destroyed so the adharma doesn't manifest through them - full of strength, far away from sorrows, an Equanimity Himself...!!!!!!! He did it all what was expected of Him as a person and yet a Yogi of all times...!!!!!!! What else to say...?

You can even study Shri Ram's life or the life of Jesus, Mohammad any great saint - married or a householder - their life was full of troubles and yet they remained for all including their family members...!!!

My love...

always at Thy Divine Feet, O Lord, let U always b our role model...

On 8/22/06, ravi chandra <

m_ravi_chandra wrote:

Dear Swamiji,I write this in response to the e-mail i received onthe subject '[sadhaka] Sense of Mine - The Root of Selfishness, Sorrow and Suffering (21.8.06)'.I now am father of two children and now have the

responsibility to care for their needs.Now my question is can i set aside the sense of mineof my family and serve the society ? The ultimate essense of the message is that a man must have a senseof MY WRLD.

If i now drop the sense of my family, who would carefor it?Is it that i must care for them as merely a sense ofresponsibility? Kindly clarify.PranamATTACHED MESSAGE LINK :

Sense of Mine - The Root of Selfishness, Sorrow and Suffering (21.8.06)sadhaka/message/1331