IndiaDivine.org

Maya

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Divine Souls,

Love and Love alone ....

I would like to invite you all for a lively discussion on " Maya " in specific, with reference to Srimad Bhagavat Gita and also other scriptures, like Ramayan (Tulasi and Valmiki and any other), Bhagavatam, Mahabharatam and any other scripture, including Vedas. Kindly quote references, so that we can discuss the issue threadbare. The discussion could be from any path, i.e., Advaita, Dwaita, Visishtadwaita or any other path, which you think appropriate.

What I feel strongly is that once we understand this issue clearly, then the mind can be concentrated on the Reality easily. If it is discussed in detail with specific quotes and references, to cross-check and come back to discussion board, it will lead to more insights and lively and healthy discussion.

Love and Love alone.... Paritala Gopi Krishna

Advidya is called Maya. It s not illusion as it appears to be true and can be proved to be true.

At the same time it can also be proved to false.

Therefore it is both True and False.Universe is one such example.

-"Gopi Krishna Paritala" Subject: MayaFri, 1 Sep 2006 10:30:27 +0530

Dear Divine Souls,

Love and Love alone ....

I would like to invite you all for a lively discussion on "Maya" in specific, with reference to Srimad Bhagavat Gita and also other scriptures, like Ramayan (Tulasi and Valmiki and any other), Bhagavatam, Mahabharatam and any other scripture, including Vedas. Kindly quote references, so that we can discuss the issue threadbare. The discussion could be from any path, i.e., Advaita, Dwaita, Visishtadwaita or any other path, which you think appropriate.

What I feel strongly is that once we understand this issue clearly, then the mind can be concentrated on the Reality easily. If it is discussed in detail with specific quotes and references, to cross-check and come back to discussion board, it will lead to more insights and lively and healthy discussion.

i

--

Divine Aatman, Your name is describing more than you ask. GOPI KRISHANA Gopis love Krishna & Cross over All the MAYA.Thats All. For your invitation I offer... Maya MA= Which is NOT. YA= Can be seen or felt. So MAYA is the matter which does not have any consistency still we feel it consistent. Hope it satisfy. Love. Raja. Gopi Krishna Paritala <paritalagopikrishna wrote: Dear Divine Souls, Love and Love alone .... I would like to invite you all for a lively discussion on "Maya" in specific, with reference to Srimad Bhagavat Gita and also other scriptures, like Ramayan (Tulasi and Valmiki and any other), Bhagavatam, Mahabharatam and any other scripture, including Vedas. Kindly quote references, so that we can discuss the issue threadbare. The discussion could be from any path, i.e., Advaita, Dwaita, Visishtadwaita or any other path, which you think appropriate. What I feel strongly is that once we understand this issue clearly, then the mind can be concentrated on the Reality easily. If it is discussed in detail with specific quotes and references, to cross-check and come back to discussion board, it will lead to more insights and lively and healthy discussion. Love and

Love alone.... Paritala Gopi Krishna

Get your email and more, right on the new .com

Hari Om

This is a very good explanation in brief by Mr.Raja. Just like the ash which covers the fire beneath,maya is the thin veil of ignorance which covers the eternal light.In fact all faculties of intellect,mind and senses are part of Maya.These discussions and doubts are also a part of the powerful Maya.In kaliyuga there is only one way to get rid of this hindrance and that is complete submission to God.

Remember,the intellect will deceive and engage in unproductive activities. Your love towards Krsna' will merge you with the supreme where there are no questions,no answers, and no other reality.Intellect is dry...without any feelings...devoid of the real.If u cant feel for him,all ur knowledge is but scrap.

Ramsukhdasji Maharaj always used to say...." Baddho tu jaane...mein kuch jaanta nahin" . have that bhaav...surrender to HIM....u will attain bliss.

hare krsna'

Amit Sharma

On Behalf Of raja gurdasani04 September 2006 17:59 Subject: Re: Maya

Divine Aatman,

Your name is describing more than you ask.

GOPI KRISHANA

Gopis love Krishna & Cross over All the MAYA.Thats All.

For your invitation I offer...

Maya

MA= Which is NOT.

YA= Can be seen or felt.

So MAYA is the matter which does not have any consistency still we feel it consistent.

Hope it satisfy.

Love.

Raja. Gopi Krishna Paritala <paritalagopikrishna wrote:

Dear Divine Souls,

Love and Love alone ....

I would like to invite you all for a lively discussion on "Maya" in specific, with reference to Srimad Bhagavat Gita and also other scriptures, like Ramayan (Tulasi and Valmiki and any other), Bhagavatam, Mahabharatam and any other scripture, including Vedas. Kindly quote references, so that we can discuss the issue threadbare. The discussion could be from any path, i.e., Advaita, Dwaita, Visishtadwaita or any other path, which you think appropriate.

Get your email and more, right on the new .com

Dear Soul; Here is a description of Maya from the very creator of Maya, God Himself and who would know better? It is from the 11th Canto of Srimad Bhagavatam wherein Lord Krishna speaks this knowledge to his greatest devotee Uddhava. The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: My dear Uddhava, due to the influence of the material modes of nature, which are under My control, the living entity is sometimes designated as conditioned and sometimes as liberated. In fact, however, the soul is never really bound up or liberated, and since I am the supreme Lord of mâyâ, which is the cause of the modes of nature, I also am never to be considered liberated or in bondage. SB 11.11.2: Just as a dream is merely a creation of one's

intelligence but has no actual substance, similarly, material lamentation, illusion, happiness, distress and the acceptance of the material body under the influence of mayâ are all creations of My illusory energy. In other words, material existence has no essential reality. SB 11.11.3: O Uddhava, both knowledge and ignorance, being products of mâyâ, are expansions of My potency. Both knowledge and ignorance are beginningless and perpetually award liberation and bondage to embodied living beings. SB 11.11.4: O most intelligent Uddhava, the living entity, called jîva, is part and parcel of Me, but due to ignorance he has been suffering in material bondage since time immemorial. By knowledge, however, he can be liberated. SB 11.11.5: Thus, My dear Uddhava, in the same material body we find opposing characteristics, such as great happiness and misery. That is because both the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is eternally liberated, as well as the conditioned soul are within the body. I shall now speak to you about their different characteristics. SB 11.11.6: By chance, two birds have made a nest together in the same tree. The two birds are friends and are of a similar nature. One of them, however, is eating the fruits of the tree, whereas the other, who does

not eat the fruits, is in a superior position due to His potency. SB 11.11.7: The bird who does not eat the fruits of the tree is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who by His omniscience perfectly understands His own position and that of the conditioned living entity, represented by the eating bird. That living entity, on the other hand, does not understand himself or the Lord. He is covered by ignorance and is thus called eternally conditioned, whereas the Personality of Godhead, being full of perfect knowledge, is eternally liberated. SB 11.11.8: One who is enlightened in self-realization, although living within the material body, sees himself as transcendental to the body, just as one who has arisen from a dream gives up identification with the dream body. A foolish person, however, although not

identical with his material body but transcendental to it, thinks himself to be situated in the body, just as one who is dreaming sees himself as situated in an imaginary body. SB 11.11.9: An enlightened person who is free from the contamination of material desire does not consider himself to be the performer of bodily activities; rather, he knows that in all such activities it is only the senses, born of the modes of nature, that are contacting sense objects born of the same modes of nature. Hopefully, by accepting the process of liberation from the lower modes of nature we can become enlightened as well and no longer a slave of the material energy, Maya. AvadhootGopi Krishna Paritala <paritalagopikrishna wrote: Dear Divine Souls, Love and Love alone .... I would like to invite you all for a lively discussion on "Maya" in specific, with reference to Srimad Bhagavat Gita and also other scriptures, like Ramayan (Tulasi and Valmiki and any other), Bhagavatam, Mahabharatam and any other scripture, including Vedas. Kindly quote references, so that we can discuss the issue threadbare. The discussion could be from any path, i.e., Advaita, Dwaita, Visishtadwaita or any other path, which you think appropriate. What I feel strongly

is that once we understand this issue clearly, then the mind can be concentrated on the Reality easily. If it is discussed in detail with specific quotes and references, to cross-check and come back to discussion board, it will lead to more insights and lively and healthy discussion. Love and Love alone.... Paritala Gopi Krishna

Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail.