Whatever you see, whatever you hear, whatever you think in your mind,

all

is Unreal. Therefore it is all Maya.

Maya in sanskrit means, Ya Ma - that which is not there. Therefore,

whatever we perceive in this world, is Maya and when we say that " This

is

Mine " we are bound to Unreal (Asat). Lord Krishna has said the same

thing

in Bhagavad Gita. " Nasato Vidyate bhava. " - Unreal is non-existent.

i.e.

Maya is non-existent.

When we are attached to unreal (Maya), we forget the Real (God).

Nirmamoha Nirahankar, sa shaantimadigacchyati (Gita 2:71)

One who has become free of attachment (Mamta) and Ego (Ahamta) attains

Eternal Peace or Salvation (Moksha).

" Daivi hyesha guna maiyyi, Mam maya duratyaa, Maam eva ye prapadhyante

mayaam etam tarantite. " (Gita 7:14)

This maya is very difficult to overcome, but whoever comes to my

refuge,

will easily cross it.

Mein mere ki jevadi, gal bandhiyon sansaar; Das Kabira kyon bandhe

jaake Ram

aadhaar. (Swami Ramsukhdasji)

I and Mine, is a rope by which this entire world is tied by the neck.

Saint

Kabirdas, says he is never tied by this rope, because his support is

Ram

(Ram is in place of I, as well as, in place of Mine).

Hare Krishna !

Shyam

Gopi Krishna Paritala <paritalagopikrishna wrote:

Dear Divine Souls,

Love and Love alone ....

I would like to invite you all for a lively discussion on " Maya " in

specific, with reference to Srimad Bhagavat Gita and also other

scriptures,

like Ramayan (Tulasi and Valmiki and any other), Bhagavatam,

Mahabharatam

and any other scripture, including Vedas. Kindly quote references, so

that

we can discuss the issue threadbare. The discussion could be from any

path,

i.e., Advaita, Dwaita, Visishtadwaita or any other path, which you

think

appropriate.

What I feel strongly is that once we understand this issue clearly,

then

the mind can be concentrated on the Reality easily. If it is discussed

in

detail with specific quotes and references, to cross-check and come

back to

discussion board, it will lead to more insights and lively and healthy

discussion.

Love and Love alone....

Paritala Gopi Krishna

I am new reader of Gita. In the first chapter, in the verse where Duryodhan addresses guru Dron as 'twice born', what is the implication? Is it to show respect or is it? Without giving Duryodhan the characteristic of an evil person, is there a lesson to be learnt? Is it not logical for any person standing at the doorstep of a conflict be appreciative of the strength of his opponent, so that he can assess his own strength and resources and how best to channel the same. Let us talk in a pragmatic and practical sense.Trusting the Lord is marvelous, but then he has blessed us with the resources of intellect and experieinces to make wellthought of decisions in our life, 'good, bad or ugly' devoted or not. We all look pretty smart in hindsight and can be 'Monday night Quarteback' but challenge is to cal the play of life each day, each moment and under varying circumstances. With due respect to the folks who may take time to respond, Yash"Dr. Sham Sunder" <sham_doc wrote: Shree Hari"Mein aru Maur, Tor taiyyi Maya; Jahi bas kinhe log nikaaya." -(Ramayan)I and Mine, You and Yours is Maya."Dekhiye Suniye guniye man maahi, moha mool Paramarth naahin."Whatever you see, whatever you hear, whatever you think in your mind,allis Unreal. Therefore it is all Maya.Maya in sanskrit means, Ya Ma - that which is not there. Therefore,whatever we perceive in this world, is Maya and when we say that

"ThisisMine" we are bound to Unreal (Asat). Lord Krishna has said the samethingin Bhagavad Gita. "Nasato Vidyate bhava." - Unreal is non-existent.i.e.Maya is non-existent.When we are attached to unreal (Maya), we forget the Real (God).Nirmamoha Nirahankar, sa shaantimadigacchyati (Gita 2:71)One who has become free of attachment (Mamta) and Ego (Ahamta) attainsEternal Peace or Salvation (Moksha)."Daivi hyesha guna maiyyi, Mam maya duratyaa, Maam eva ye prapadhyantemayaam etam tarantite." (Gita 7:14)This maya is very difficult to overcome, but whoever comes to myrefuge,will easily cross it.Mein mere ki jevadi, gal bandhiyon sansaar; Das Kabira kyon bandhejaake Ramaadhaar. (Swami Ramsukhdasji)I and Mine, is a rope by which this entire world is tied by the neck.SaintKabirdas, says he is never tied by this rope, because his support isRam(Ram is in place of I, as

well as, in place of Mine).Hare Krishna !ShyamGopi Krishna Paritala <paritalagopikrishna wrote:Dear Divine Souls,Love and Love alone ....I would like to invite you all for a lively discussion on "Maya" inspecific, with reference to Srimad Bhagavat Gita and also otherscriptures,like Ramayan (Tulasi and Valmiki and any other), Bhagavatam,Mahabharatamand any other scripture, including Vedas. Kindly quote references, sothatwe can discuss the issue threadbare. The discussion could be from anypath,i.e., Advaita, Dwaita, Visishtadwaita or any other path, which youthinkappropriate.What I feel strongly is that once we understand this issue clearly,thenthe mind can be concentrated on the Reality easily. If it is discussedindetail with specific quotes and references, to cross-check and comeback todiscussion board, it will lead to more insights

and lively and healthydiscussion.Love and Love alone....Paritala Gopi Krishna

Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

Twice born is referred to a 'Brahmin'. Brahmin is the one who takes a second birth when he proclaims himself as 'Brahmin', meaning, who left all the attachments which give him miseries and chooses the path of distributing the knowledge with out expecting anything from the society. I am trying to give true meaning to the 'Brahmin' as enunciated in sruthis (Janmena sudrah, karmena brahmanah) (This is, ofcourse, as I could understand and not to affend anybody...sorry if I did).

Trusting the Lord....This is not a solid beginning to understand this path of Loving the God. If one thinks of Lord, that means it is already trusted entity. If someone is thinking about trusting the Lord, then he/she is not thinking about the Lord, but some other entity, which nobody knows who it is. So it is unwise to use the word trust when talking about Lord. Because Lord means trusted thing.

His blessings to bestow you with intellect, etc., is to understand and go after what is good for you rather than going after what you want. What you want is what brings miseries and what is good for you is what brings you solace and uninterrupted joy. Very seldom both are same.

Think about it again and again and I am sure your intellect would take you in the right path. But don't stop thinking.....

-friend