IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: Let's expand our horizon w/Gitaji - how 2 b dettached: relations-emotions-attach't? (3 of 8 emails)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Divine All,

Pranam.

A thought/feeling came today on what is true love as lately we all have been talking about love...

See my understanding of it below in Red. Thanks.

Humble regards,

always at Thy Loving Feet

---------- Forwarded message ----------Manjula Patel <

manjumaaAug 27, 2006 12:58 AM Let's expand our horizon w/Gitaji - how 2 b dettached: relations-emotions-attach't? (3 of 8 emails) <

>

Loving Divine,

Pranam.

We have very good discussions going on with various questions asked in this group. Thanks to all for their participation and the Moderator for facilitation.

We all say and agree that we need to be detached but the key concern is 'HOW?', isn't it? To address various topics of detachment I have divided them into 8 emails so we can discuss them individually. I have also tried to provide Gita sloka or chapter or a term/word used that have addressed them but Gitaji has lot more to offer...!!! I am a strong believer that the RIGHT UNDERSTANDING is the ONLY way that can lead us to true and deeper level of detachment. So let's expand our horizon together with Gitaji and supportive examples where applicable. Let's pour out

our understanding and experiences on how to be truly detached with love & compassion - the true application of Gitaji in our life.

Chapter 1 - Vishaad Yoga

(Please note: provide related Gita Sloka 1st, support it with examples from other scriptures if needed)

Please discuss...

1) What is relationship? Does mind & heart have to do with it?

2) What is its basis? Can one be free from relationship? if I say I am not related to you but the other person strongly believes that i am your husband or wife or son or sister, can this still bind the person who thinks he/she is free?

3) What is emotion? Is this purely a heart thing or only mind has to do all with it?

4) How emotions are generated? Can they be controlled? Can one be free of them? How?

5) Prem-bhakti, compassion, kindness - aren't these emotions?

We always notice that the term 'love/prem' is used very generically, loosely to express liking, attachment, passion, lust, emotions, compassion, kindness, etc. but are they truly reflect love? If not, why we want to associate with the emotions and not seek the true love by surrendering completely to Lord (18:62-/66)? In spiritual path, I think, the word 'love' carries completely a different meaning... Again, what I am going to say is just my understanding of what Baba has been talking all about 'love'. when one has completely surrender him/herself to Lord, he/she is at the height of their love. When seer, seen and seeing becomes one OR 'Jyaan, jyaataa aur jyeya athava kartaa, karan aur karma jab ek ho jaate hen tab sacche prem kaa udaya hotaa hai! (18:18)' That means when the lover (premi), loving (prem) and loved (premikaa) are one and the same, it gives birth to the true love like Radha became Krishna or Mira became Gopal loving him. Their true love manifested not for the object of their love but they themselves became love. As soon as you think of these figures you can not separate them form their act of love and the object of love!!! When one is in this stage, one is truly one with all, that is true love (11:55)!!! So it is not emotion rather umm..., rather the being ITSELF; and out of it springs the emotions of kindness and compassion - the saatvik gunas!

Again we are to apply everything that we discuss to our own self as we promised ourselves to look within... so let's see how it would fit... When I seek knowledge - not of the world but myself, I become jyaataa. The knowledge of myself becomes jyaan and act of knowing, i.e., self realization or to know 'who am I?' becomes jyeya but all of it at the end is one and the same as 'I', i.e., I am jyaata, I am jyaan and I am the jyeya then only I am capable of manifesting true love (I am the lover, loving, & the beloved of my true self)... Hope I am making some sense in what I am saying...

(to be continued... Plz share your thoughts, understanding, experiences to expand our horizon. Thanks.)

6) Is 'moksha' not a feeling too?

7) Can a person truly live without any emotions? Should he/she?

8) What is attachment & detachment?

Thanks in advance for your participation.

Love.

Hari OM; A true love can only be the love of a mother towards her child. It suits well with all living beings; Hari Om.Manjula Patel <manjumaa wrote: Divine All, Pranam. A thought/feeling came today on what is true love as lately we all have been talking about love... See my understanding of it below in Red. Thanks. Humble regards, always at

Thy Loving Feet ---------- Forwarded message ----------Manjula Patel < manjumaa >Aug 27, 2006 12:58 AM Let's expand our horizon w/Gitaji - how 2 b dettached: relations-emotions-attach't? (3 of 8 emails) < > Loving Divine, Pranam. We have very good discussions going on with various questions asked in this group. Thanks to all for their participation and the Moderator for facilitation. We all say and agree that we need to be detached but the key concern is 'HOW?', isn't it? To address various topics of detachment I have divided them into 8

emails so we can discuss them individually. I have also tried to provide Gita sloka or chapter or a term/word used that have addressed them but Gitaji has lot more to offer...!!! I am a strong believer that the RIGHT UNDERSTANDING is the ONLY way that can lead us to true and deeper level of detachment. So let's expand our horizon together with Gitaji and supportive examples where applicable. Let's pour out our understanding and experiences on how to be truly detached with love & compassion - the true application of Gitaji in our life. Chapter 1 - Vishaad Yoga (Please note: provide related Gita Sloka 1st, support it with examples from other scriptures if needed) Please discuss... 1) What is relationship? Does mind & heart have to do with it? 2) What is its basis? Can one be free from relationship? if I say I am not related to you but the other person strongly believes that i am your husband or wife or son or sister, can this still bind the person who thinks he/she is free? 3) What is emotion? Is this purely a heart thing or only mind has to do all with it? 4) How emotions are generated? Can they be controlled? Can one be free of them? How? 5) Prem-bhakti, compassion, kindness - aren't these emotions? We always notice that the term 'love/prem' is used very generically, loosely to express liking, attachment, passion, lust, emotions, compassion,

kindness, etc. but are they truly reflect love? If not, why we want to associate with the emotions and not seek the true love by surrendering completely to Lord (18:62-/66)? In spiritual path, I think, the word 'love' carries completely a different meaning... Again, what I am going to say is just my understanding of what Baba has been talking all about 'love'. when one has completely surrender him/herself to Lord, he/she is at the height of their love. When seer, seen and seeing becomes one OR 'Jyaan, jyaataa aur jyeya athava kartaa, karan aur karma jab ek ho jaate hen tab sacche prem kaa udaya hotaa hai! (18:18)' That means when the lover (premi), loving (prem) and loved (premikaa) are one and the same, it gives birth to the true love like Radha became Krishna or Mira became Gopal loving him. Their true love manifested not for the object of their love but they

themselves became love. As soon as you think of these figures you can not separate them form their act of love and the object of love!!! When one is in this stage, one is truly one with all, that is true love (11:55)!!! So it is not emotion rather umm..., rather the being ITSELF; and out of it springs the emotions of kindness and compassion - the saatvik gunas! Again we are to apply everything that we discuss to our own self as we promised ourselves to look within... so let's see how it would fit... When I seek knowledge - not of the world but myself, I become jyaataa. The knowledge of myself becomes jyaan and act of knowing, i.e., self realization or to know 'who am I?' becomes jyeya but all of it at the end is one and the same as 'I', i.e., I am jyaata, I am jyaan and I am the jyeya then only I am capable of

manifesting true love (I am the lover, loving, & the beloved of my true self)... Hope I am making some sense in what I am saying... (to be continued... Plz share your thoughts, understanding, experiences to expand our horizon. Thanks.) 6) Is 'moksha' not a feeling too? 7) Can a person truly live without any emotions? Should he/she? 8) What is attachment & detachment? Thanks in advance for your participation. Love. always at Thy Loving Feet

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

a true love is also between a husband and wife. ( perhaps deeper than love of mother for her child.)2 examples for the above point;A) Savitri fought with death god YAMA to save her husband unmindful of her own death.B) Many wives / husbands have also died soon after their spouse's death.s.seshadriusha sridhar <deepusmom wrote: Hari OM; A true love can only be the love of a mother towards her child. It suits well with all living beings; Hari Om.Manjula Patel <manjumaa wrote: Divine All, Pranam. A thought/feeling

came today on what is true love as lately we all have been talking about love... See my understanding of it below in Red. Thanks. Humble regards, always at Thy Loving Feet ---------- Forwarded message ----------Manjula Patel < manjumaa >Aug 27, 2006 12:58 AM Let's expand our horizon w/Gitaji - how 2 b dettached: relations-emotions-attach't? (3 of 8 emails) < > Loving Divine, Pranam. We have very good discussions going on with various questions asked in this group. Thanks to all

for their participation and the Moderator for facilitation. We all say and agree that we need to be detached but the key concern is 'HOW?', isn't it? To address various topics of detachment I have divided them into 8 emails so we can discuss them individually. I have also tried to provide Gita sloka or chapter or a term/word used that have addressed them but Gitaji has lot more to offer...!!! I am a strong believer that the RIGHT UNDERSTANDING is the ONLY way that can lead us to true and deeper level of detachment. So let's expand our horizon together with Gitaji and supportive examples where applicable. Let's pour out our understanding and experiences on how to be truly detached with love & compassion - the true application of Gitaji in

our life. Chapter 1 - Vishaad Yoga (Please note: provide related Gita Sloka 1st, support it with examples from other scriptures if needed) Please discuss... 1) What is relationship? Does mind & heart have to do with it? 2) What is its basis? Can one be free from relationship? if I say I am not related to you but the other person strongly believes that i am your husband or wife or son or sister, can this still bind the person who thinks he/she is free? 3) What is emotion? Is this purely a heart thing or only mind has to do all with it? 4) How emotions are generated? Can they be controlled? Can one be free of them? How? 5) Prem-bhakti, compassion,

kindness - aren't these emotions? We always notice that the term 'love/prem' is used very generically, loosely to express liking, attachment, passion, lust, emotions, compassion, kindness, etc. but are they truly reflect love? If not, why we want to associate with the emotions and not seek the true love by surrendering completely to Lord (18:62-/66)? In spiritual path, I think, the word 'love' carries completely a different meaning... Again, what I am going to say is just my understanding of what Baba has been talking all about 'love'. when one has completely surrender him/herself to Lord, he/she is at the height of their love. When seer, seen and seeing becomes one OR 'Jyaan, jyaataa aur jyeya athava kartaa, karan aur karma jab ek ho jaate hen tab sacche prem kaa udaya hotaa hai! (18:18)'

That means when the lover (premi), loving (prem) and loved (premikaa) are one and the same, it gives birth to the true love like Radha became Krishna or Mira became Gopal loving him. Their true love manifested not for the object of their love but they themselves became love. As soon as you think of these figures you can not separate them form their act of love and the object of love!!! When one is in this stage, one is truly one with all, that is true love (11:55)!!! So it is not emotion rather umm..., rather the being ITSELF; and out of it springs the emotions of kindness and compassion - the saatvik gunas! Again we are to apply everything that we discuss to our own self as we promised ourselves to look within... so let's see how it would fit... When I seek knowledge - not of the world but myself, I

become jyaataa. The knowledge of myself becomes jyaan and act of knowing, i.e., self realization or to know 'who am I?' becomes jyeya but all of it at the end is one and the same as 'I', i.e., I am jyaata, I am jyaan and I am the jyeya then only I am capable of manifesting true love (I am the lover, loving, & the beloved of my true self)... Hope I am making some sense in what I am saying... (to be continued... Plz share your thoughts, understanding, experiences to expand our horizon. Thanks.) 6) Is 'moksha' not a feeling too? 7) Can a person truly live without any emotions? Should he/she? 8) What is attachment & detachment? Thanks in advance for your participation. Love. always at Thy Loving

Feet Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Find out what India is talking about on - Answers India Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Messenger Version 8. Get it NOW

Love of father should not be ignored

because it not so expressive.

Love of every family member is a feeling

and is visible / identified more due to its close proximity. It is applicable

to all living beings and is necessary to confide in them. I think it is a feeling

that would developed in a person in a course of period and that also too due to

interpersonal faith maturity.

Thanks & Regards,

Shailesh Acharya

Finance

Process & System Leadership Team - ADA

Ford

Business Service Center - INDIA

Phone

On Behalf Of usha sridhar

Wednesday, September 13,

2006 10:44 PM

Re: Fwd:

Let's expand our horizon w/Gitaji - how 2 b dettached:

relations-emotions-attach't? (3 of 8 emails)

Hari OM;

A true love can only be the love of a mother towards her child.

It suits well with all living beings;

Hari Om.

Manjula Patel

<manjumaa wrote:

Divine All,

Pranam.

A thought/feeling came today on what is true love as lately we all have

been talking about love...

See my understanding of it below in Red.

Thanks.

Humble regards,

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Manjula Patel

< manjumaa >

Aug 27, 2006 12:58 AM

Let's expand our horizon w/Gitaji - how 2 b

dettached: relations-emotions-attach't? (3 of 8 emails)

< >

Loving Divine,

Pranam.

We have very good discussions going on with various questions asked in

this group. Thanks to all for their participation and the Moderator for

facilitation.

We all say and agree that we need to be detached but the key concern is

'HOW?', isn't it? To address various topics of detachment I have

divided them into 8 emails so we can discuss them individually. I have

also tried to provide Gita sloka or chapter or a term/word used that have

addressed them but Gitaji has lot more to offer...!!! I am a strong

believer that the RIGHT UNDERSTANDING is the ONLY way that can lead us to

true and deeper level of detachment. So let's expand our horizon

together with Gitaji and supportive examples where applicable. Let's

pour out our understanding and experiences on how to be

truly detached with love & compassion - the true application of Gitaji

in our life.

Chapter 1 - Vishaad Yoga

(Please note: provide related Gita Sloka 1st, support it with

examples from other scriptures if needed)

Please discuss...

1) What is relationship? Does mind & heart have to do

with it?

2) What is its basis? Can one be free from relationship? if I say

I am not related to you but the other person strongly believes that i am your

husband or wife or son or sister, can this still bind the person who thinks

he/she is free?

3) What is emotion? Is this purely a heart thing or only mind has to do

all with it?

4) How emotions are generated? Can they be controlled? Can one be

free of them? How?

5) Prem-bhakti, compassion, kindness - aren't these emotions?

We always notice that the term 'love/prem'

is used very generically, loosely to express liking, attachment, passion,

lust, emotions, compassion, kindness, etc. but are they truly reflect

love? If not, why we want to associate with the emotions and not seek the

true love by surrendering completely to Lord (18:62-/66)? In

spiritual path, I think, the word 'love' carries completely a different

meaning... Again, what I am going to say is just my understanding of what

Baba has been talking all about 'love'. when one has completely

surrender him/herself to Lord, he/she is at the height of their

love. When seer, seen and seeing becomes one OR 'Jyaan, jyaataa aur jyeya athava kartaa, karan aur

karma jab ek ho jaate hen tab sacche prem kaa udaya hotaa hai! (18:18)'

That means when the lover (premi), loving (prem) and loved

(premikaa) are one and the same, it gives birth to the true love like

Radha became Krishna or Mira became Gopal loving him. Their true love

manifested not for the object of their love but they themselves became

love. As soon as you think of these figures you can not separate them

form their act of love and the object of love!!! When one is in this

stage, one is truly one with all, that is true love (11:55)!!! So it is

not emotion rather umm..., rather the being ITSELF; and out of it springs the

emotions of kindness and compassion - the saatvik gunas!

Again we are to apply everything that we

discuss to our own self as we promised ourselves to look within... so let's see

how it would fit... When I seek knowledge - not of the world but

myself, I become jyaataa. The knowledge of myself becomes jyaan and act

of knowing, i.e., self realization or to know 'who am I?' becomes jyeya but all

of it at the end is one and the same as 'I', i.e., I am jyaata, I am jyaan and

I am the jyeya then only I am capable of manifesting true love (I am the lover,

loving, & the beloved of my true self)... Hope I am making some

sense in what I am saying...

(to be continued... Plz share your

thoughts, understanding, experiences to expand our horizon. Thanks.)

6) Is 'moksha' not a feeling too?

7) Can a person truly live without any emotions? Should he/she?

8) What is attachment & detachment?

Thanks in advance for your participation.

Love.

Messenger with Voice. Make

PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

In all e-mail related to love and detachment, the summary is ‘united

mind’. A child and mother love each other till child is not grown up

and both have one united mind. When same child grew up and gets

intellectually and emotionally separated, he /she become careful of you

and me, and will start counting and measurement and logic replacing the

love. Father and son, wife and husband, teacher and student or any other

relation is love if they think alike, and any one is free to decide with

full responsibility without taking others’ permissions.

Boiling of memory is just emotion and is not love. If something is lost,

or not there and you badly want it, and pray or cry for it, it is not

love. The moment you get, the carving stop and emotion evaporates as if

it never existed. Love is not about lost ones but with whom you are

inseparable or united with it. Rather it is a state of unity of mind,

and it is a courage and responsibility towards single goal.

Regards

K G Misra

On

Behalf Of Acharya, Shailesh (S.)

Thursday, September 14, 2006 10:15 AM

Love of father should not be ignored because it not so expressive.

Hari Om;

Its the devotion of women and not love;

In this universe there can never be a pure and true love

Other than A MOTHER " S love.

Hari Om.

Seshadri Srinivasan <indianconsumer wrote:

a true love is also between a husband and wife. ( perhaps deeper than

love of mother for her child.)

hi,I agree that mother's love for child is pure. but, abroad this devotion to hubby is NOT there. OK, how to differentiate between devotion to hubby and love?regardss.seshadriusha sridhar <deepusmom wrote: Hari Om; Its the devotion of women and not love; In this universe there can never be a pure and true love Other than A MOTHER"S love. Hari Om.Seshadri Srinivasan wrote: a true love is also between a husband and wife. ( perhaps deeper than love of mother for her child.)