IndiaDivine.org

Let's expand our horizon w/Gitaji - how 2 b detached: Enlighten't-Samaadhi? (8 of 8 emails)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Loving Divine, Pranam.

We all say and agree that we need to be detached but the key concern is 'HOW?' People have different understanding or misunderstanding about these words - enlightenment and samaadhi. Please note: provide related Gita Sloka 1st, support it with examples from other scriptures if needed)

Please discuss...

1) What is enlightenment? Are there different levels of enlightenment? 2) What is samaadhi? Are there different types of samaadhi?

3) Is enlightenment; samaadhi different than liberation?

4) If a person dwells in samadhi, is he/she considered enlightened or liberated? If no, why?

5) Can a person be attached to its liberation/samaadhi/enlightened state (if there is such term used with it?)

Thanks in advance for your participation.

Love. Always at Thy Holy Feet

• 2 weeks later...

Priya KG, How can you sum up Geetaji with TWO things. NONONO dear Geetaji is ANANT (ETERNAL). In Geeta Mahatmya it is said only God knows fully about Geetaji. Even Arjuna whom it was told to does not know it fully. Then what to speak of you and me? (TO PHIR HAMARI AAPKI TO BAAT HI KYA HAI..) KEEP IN REGULAR TOUCH OF GEETAJI... love Raja. Krishna Gopal Misra <kg wrote: I only can say that Bhagwat Gita is about two things, DHARMA and YOGA. DHARMA is taming of mind by various ways while remaining in the worldly activities; and YOGA is unity with the supreme and renunciation. ......

• 2 weeks later...

Loving Divine,

Pranam All.

In couple of emails I read about different types of samaadhi, please expand on them...

I only know of two kinds savikalpa & nirvikalpa...

Savikalpa means God and I as His ansh (mamaivaansho jivloke...)

Nirvikalpa means only 'I' - as a Supreme Conciousness, exist as described in Upanishads - 'aham brahmaasmi'.

As this point I would like to refer to Madanji's recent email response titled 'Is there God in this World?'

( /message/499 )

In my understanding, chapter 10 of Gitaji is nothing but further expansion of 'aham brahmaasmi' state!

This can not be discussed with logic, one has to be IT to know and understand as nothing but 'I' and only 'I' exist... !!!!!

In otherwords, the state of none other than the existance of 'I' is nirvikalpa...Love,

always at Thy Holy Feet

On 9/19/06, Manjula Patel <manjumaa wrote:

Loving Divine, Pranam.We all say and agree that we need to be detached but the key concern is 'HOW?' People have different understanding or misunderstanding about these words - enlightenment and samaadhi. Please note: provide related Gita Sloka 1st, support it with examples from other scriptures if needed)

Please discuss...

1) What is enlightenment? Are there different levels of enlightenment? 2) What is samaadhi? Are there different types of samaadhi?

3) Is enlightenment; samaadhi different than liberation?

4) If a person dwells in samadhi, is he/she considered enlightened or liberated? If no, why?

5) Can a person be attached to its liberation/samaadhi/enlightened state (if there is such term used with it?)

Thanks in advance for your participation.

Love. Always at Thy Holy Feet