IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: Let's expand our horizon w/Gitaji - how 2 b dettached: Brahman-Embodied Soul? (7 of 8 emails)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

According to Moderatorji's request, I am resending...---------- Forwarded message ----------Manjula Patel <

manjumaaAug 27, 2006 1:02 AMLet's expand our horizon w/Gitaji - how 2 b dettached: Brahman-Embodied Soul? (7 of 8 emails) <

>

Loving Divine,

Pranam.

We have very good discussions going on with various questions asked in this group. Thanks to all for their participation and the Moderator for facilitation.

We all say and agree that we need to be detached but the key concern is 'HOW?', isn't it? To address various topics of detachment I have divided them into 8 emails so we can discuss them individually. I have also tried to provide Gita sloka or chapter or a term/word used that have addressed them but Gitaji has lot more to offer...!!! I am a strong believer that the RIGHT UNDERSTANDING is the ONLY way that can lead us to true and deeper level of detachment. So let's expand our horizon together with Gitaji and supportive examples where applicable. Let's pour out our understanding and experiences on how to be truly detached with love & compassion - the true application of Gitaji in our life.

Let's understand all about 'kshetrajna' (Chapter 13)... Also refer to slokas from Chapter 2, e.g., 23/24 - Nainam chindanti shastraani...

(Please note: provide related Gita Sloka 1st, support it with examples from other scriptures if needed)

Please discuss...

1) What is consciousness? Is it same as God or Brahman?

2) What is embodied soul? If at all, how is it different than God?

3) Should there be any attitude of detachment towards God? If yes/no, why & how?

Thanks in advance for your participation.

Love.

always at Thy Divine Feet