IndiaDivine.org

What is God's Work and How can we perform & accomplish it

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear

Love and Love alone ...,

One should do any and every work thinking that it is God's work only. There should not be any discrimination while doing any work, thinking that it is " my work " and that is " other's work " . The " bhava " or " feeling " or " intent " is more important. It is a clear sign of " Vairagya " or " detachment " , as prescribed in Srimad Bhagavad Gita.

Love and Love alone...

P. Gopi Krishna.

On 10/23/06, sadhak_insight <sadhak_insight wrote:

" Chhaya, Dhimant dchhaya1My apologies for lack of my understanding. Swamiji says that a

spiritual aspirant should be determined to do only God's work. What is " God's work " ? How can we perform and accomplish it?

sadhaka [sadhaka ] On :Shree Hari:Vijaya Dashami, Vikram Samvat 2063, Somvar

2nd October, 2006, MondayGist: A spiritual aspirant should be determined to do only God's work,not his own work. Therefore he should accept that his house, his workand he himself belong to God. With this feeling, he will be doing

God's work, with God's power, to please God. This firm determinationwill develop a strong bonding (a feeling of mine-ness) with God andin-turn spontaneous and constant rememberance of Him.Constant Rememberance of God - How?

God in the Gita says to Arjuna - " Tasmat sarveshu kaaleshu maamanusmara yudhya che. " (Gita 8:7)Therefore Arjuna, remember Me at all times and fight. Here fightstands for doing one's duty. We can remember God at all times but we

can't fight at all times. Arjuna's duty was to fight, just like wehave to perform our daily duties. Domestic duties can't be performedat all times. The spiritual aspirant have three options before them -

1) To do the work while remembering God,2) To remember God while doing the work, and3) To do the work considering it God's work.In the first option, remembrance of God is primary, while the work issecondary.

In the second option the work is primary, while remembrance of God issecondary.In the third option there is undivided devotion for God.Generally people forget God while working. There are two reasons for

it. The important reason is one's negligence. The second reason islack of attachment (feeling of mine-ness) with God. If there isattachment for anyone, he is reminded spontaneously of that one.People have attachment to their domestic affairs, not to God. They are

therefore likely to forget God. As long as we accept and see thehouse, the work, and Self as our own, we are likely to forget God.Therefore we should be determined that we have to do only God's work,not our own work. What is the use of work which makes one forget God?

Therefore a spiritual aspirant should accept that his house, his workand he himself belong to God. They are not his own. He should feelthat he is doing God's work, with His power in order to please Him.this firm determination will develop a strong bonding (a feeling of

mine-ness) with God and in-turn spontaneous and constant rememberanceof Him.Ram RamFrom " Art of Living " in English by Swami RamsukhdasjiFor full online discources in Hindi please visit www.swamiramsukhdasji.orgTo gain clarification on the topic discussed in these daily messages,please send your questions to: @grou ps.comTo read online spiritual books, please visit:

http://www.swamiramsukhdasji. org/swamijibooks /To read all previous messages, please visit: http://groups. sadhaka/P.S: Please pass on this message to whomever you think would benefitfrom thesame.

-- Paritala Gopi Krishna