IndiaDivine.org

How to not Worry, to Live and to Let Be?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

" shakuntala " <shakuntala

Respected Swami Ramsukdasji,

l was pleased to read your enlightening message. l try hard to

maintain tranquility of mind, but the problems of day to day life

shunts me. ls there a way not to worry about all this? Just live and

let be?

l will be glad to hear from u. Thanking u in advance,

sincerely yours, Shakuntala.

• 3 weeks later...

Shree Hari

Ram Ram

Priya Sadhaka,

Aap ke prashna ke laye bahut bahut dhanyabad!

You have addressed your question to late Param Shardhya Swamiji Maharaj, it is through his blessings and grace, here are few thoughts!

Your question is how to attain tranquility of mind. I believe it is the same as saying how to attain equanimity (Samta).

The single biggest obstacle in the path to attain Samta is to believe all the worldly associations we are surrounded with on a daily basis are real. But the fact is that they are constantly changing. References in Gitaji -

2-14 "O son of Kunti, the contacts of the senses and their objects, which give rise to the feelings of heat and cold, pleasure and pain, etc., are transitory and fleeting; therefore, Arjuna, endure them".

2-15 "O chief of men, the wise man to whom pain and pleasure are alike, and who is not tormented by those contacts, becomes fit for immortality".

Swamiji Maharajji recommends two ways:

1. Being without Raag & Davesh (Attachment and aversion)

2. Seeing God in all

If there is anything important in Gita, it is to attain the state of Samta. It is the highest achievement for the Sadhka. Once Samta is attained Gita does not look for any other quality in Sadhka since attaining to Samta is nothing but merging with God.

In Gita 2-48 Samta is called Yoga "Samatavam yoga ucyate" - (even mindedness is Yoga ) , Yoga is the union with the Supreme.

Paramatma is sama (being situated in oneness) but Prakriti is Vishma (situated in the differentiation).

Gita 5-19 Nirdosam hi samam brahma (Brahamn is flawless and equal in all)

Gita 9-29 Samo 'ham sarvabhuuteshu (I am equally present in all human beings)

After attaining Samta other divine qualities automatically come. If someone has not attained Samta but has many other achievments, such as knowledge, skill, respect, health, money or riches etc. all these do not count for much.

Paramatma resides in Samta only, all things created by God for the benefit of the world are perfectly always in Samta. All creation is made of the five basic great elements - Earth, water, fire, wind and ether. All human beings get these elements equally, no distinction is made whether a person is good or bad, he does good or bad actions, the sun provides the same light to all, other elements do likewise. But the srishti created by the human being is where the differentiation lies, the man compelled by delusion creates the divisions such as - this is mine and that is yours, this part of the land is mine and this is yours. This "mine and yours" scenario has created all the strifes, fights and conflicts in the world. Even the reason for great war of Mahabharat happens to be the difference seen by Dhrtarastra - Mamka (my sons) and Pandva (sons of Pandu).

When one is able to see all creation with equal vision (in Samta), that is the seeing the world same way as God would see it. In other words, it is seeing and feeling the presence God everywhere (Gita 7-19 "Vasudev Savam").

On Behalf Of sadhak_insightTuesday, November 28, 2006 10:27 PM Subject: How to not Worry, to Live and to Let Be?

"shakuntala" <shakuntala (AT) ig (DOT) com.br> Respected Swami Ramsukdasji,l was pleased to read your enlightening message. l try hard to maintain tranquility of mind, but the problems of day to day life shunts me. ls there a way not to worry about all this? Just live and let be?l will be glad to hear from u. Thanking u in advance,sincerely yours, Shakuntala.