all that he had and now he misses the dog terribly. Is there

anything, anyway, either based on your experience or in the

Bhagavadgita, that I can share with him to inspire him? to talk to

him in a way which does not involve the term 'God' as he does not

have much interest in God.

Regards

FROM MODERATOR

Ram Ram,

The following are the guidelines for Gita-Talk discussions.

1. Wherever possible, please quote Gita or other scriptures to

substantiate the response

2. Kindly make your responses concise and to the point. (Up to

twenty line maximum, if possible).

3. Please limit discussions to subject at hand.

4. Please do not include links to other sites or other organizations

Ram Ram

I hope your answers are based upon Gita and not just out of emotional

reactions. Your statement about dog being more closer to her and is in her

heart statement is no way supported by Gita. Please write things by providing

references from Gita. If it is a Gita talk, the replies must be supported by

references from Gita. Please think about the statement you wrote and I quote

" He is much safe in the heart and will live as long as she lives, and cannot not

die by its choice " .

Can you really say that it is supported by Gita? I do not think so.

Regards

Sudhir

-----

Most of what K G has said is very helpful that the dog remains in

heart and will never be parted as long as he/she is in the heart! To

some extent this friend will come to terms with it. I may add my

experience though.

*I would just sympathise with this person by being with him, quietly

acknowledging the loss, sharing his feelings of pain so he feels he

is not alone in his apparant grief! At least his friends are with

him.

*One helps such person who is given to such grieving due to attachment

(pet or even human being) by just being with him, listening what he

wants to say, agreeing with him that it was truly a loss, and

remembering dog's quality of being faithful, great company etc etc.

*At least this is not the time for big advise on how not to grieve on

animals, and remebering God etc etc. I know we serve more by

remaining quiet in such times than advices.

*This helps the person to step out of conflicts, resistences

(suffering) due to perceived loss a bit faster. Acceptance of

inevitable nature of such losses becomes easy, and the person may

become interested in knowing about truth of such events on his own

down the road. This is real benefit!

Pratap Bhatt

---------

Dear friend

Important message is understanding 'Love' and about purity of 'Love' that is

what the life of dog taught her. It is irrespective of what form, species or

appearance, Paramatma(in this case dog) might take. The lady is most deserving

to understand 'love'.

The lady will loose the appearance of dog in the mind, and the memory (chitta)

gets immersed in the knowledge (mun). She realizes pure love only after the dog

died.

regards

K G Misra

(edited by Moderator)

On

Behalf Of qualitymeter

Monday, January 01, 2007 7:15 AM

Advice to One whose Pet Died

The dog (by his calling name) is now more closer to her than when he was

before. He is now inseparable even for a single minute by occupying a

place in her heart. She is now without worry of looking after it and

fear of loss or get killed by accident. He is much safe in the heart and

will live as long as she lives, and cannot not die by its choice.

Ask her what is love and where to find the love?

If she answers it is the heart, this is enough for her and where it is

will always be. Earlier it was before the eyes and now it is in the

mind.

regards

K G

------

----

avadhuta maharaja

Affectionate Ones;

This is the problem in material life, people have more interest in dog

than God.

Therefore, Krishna says in the Gita, 'yam yam vaapi smaran bhavam',

" whatever you think about when quitting the body, that you become. " The

conclusion is simple. Your neighbor will take birth as a dog unless he

accepts Lord Krishna's advice.

Affection and love is meant for God, or Krishna, but instead is given to

the lower species. Even the great king Bharat had to take birth as a

deer [bhagawat purana, canto 5] for having too much sentiment for a

young deer he met in the forest.

Be mindful and always remember the form of Krishna, so that you may

return to His transcendental abode as His eternal servant.

Avadhoot

------

----

Original Message:

-----------------

sadhak_insight sadhak_insight

Mon, 01 Jan 2007 11:03:22 -0000

{Disarmed} Advice to One whose Pet Died

One of my neighbours, 81 years old, his little dog recently died. I

am very concerned and worried about him as he says that the dog is

all that he had and now he misses the dog terribly. Is there

anything, anyway, either based on your experience or in the

Bhagavadgita, that I can share with him to inspire him? to talk to

him in a way which does not involve the term 'God' as he does not

have much interest in God.

Regards

FROM MODERATOR

Ram Ram,

The following are the guidelines for Gita-Talk discussions.

1. Wherever possible, please quote Gita or other scriptures to

substantiate the response

2. Kindly make your responses concise and to the point. (Up to

twenty line maximum, if possible).

3. Please limit discussions to subject at hand.

4. Please do not include links to other sites or other organizations

Ram Ram

--

This message has been scanned for viruses and

dangerous content by MailScanner, and is

believed to be clean.

--

mail2web - Check your email from the web at

http://mail2web.com/ .

"VIDYA-VINAYA SAMPANNE BRAHMANE GAVI HASTHINI

SUNI CHEIVA SWAPAKE CHA PANDHITAH SAMADARSINAH"

I appreciate the samadarsitwam of the owner of the dog.

Regards, K.V. Gopalakrishna. ---

Both of them (dog / lady)took interst and supported each other. In Gita, the Lord said to Arjuna - "dedicate each action to me and perform your duty for establising Dharma and Rightousness and HE shall take care of Every thing" Arjuna followed. But these days it appears as if there is no LORD KRISHNA who takes care of the helpless, righteous and truthful people. Please advise

REGARDS

npanda

---

From Bharathi...

Thanks to all. I really appreciate all ur feedback which has been conveyed to the lady, along with message of peace. thank you once again, :) Regards. "KALRA, SUDHIR K" <skalra wrote: I hope your answers are based upon Gita and not just out of emotionalreactions. Your statement about dog being more closer to her and is in her heart statement is no way supported by Gita. Please write things by providing references from Gita. If it is a Gita talk, the replies must be supported by references from Gita. Please think about the statement you wrote and I quote "He is much safe in the heart and will live as long as she lives, and cannot not die by its choice".Can you really say that it is supported by Gita? I do not think so. RegardsSudhir -------------------------Most of what K G has said is very helpful that the dog remains inheart and will never be parted as long

as he/she is in the heart! Tosome extent this friend will come to terms with it. I may add myexperience though.*I would just sympathise with this person by being with him, quietlyacknowledging the loss, sharing his feelings of pain so he feels heis not alone in his apparant grief! At least his friends are withhim.*One helps such person who is given to such grieving due to attachment(pet or even human being) by just being with him, listening what hewants to say, agreeing with him that it was truly a loss, andremembering dog's quality of being faithful, great company etc etc.*At least this is not the time for big advise on how not to grieve onanimals, and remebering God etc etc. I know we serve more byremaining quiet in such times than advices.*This helps the person to step out of conflicts, resistences(suffering) due to perceived loss a bit faster. Acceptance ofinevitable nature of such losses becomes easy, and

the person maybecome interested in knowing about truth of such events on his owndown the road. This is real benefit!Pratap Bhatt-------------------------Dear friendImportant message is understanding 'Love' and about purity of 'Love' that is what the life of dog taught her. It is irrespective of what form, species or appearance, Paramatma(in this case dog) might take. The lady is most deserving to understand 'love'. The lady will loose the appearance of dog in the mind, and the memory (chitta) gets immersed in the knowledge (mun). She realizes pure love only after the dog died. regardsK G Misra(edited by Moderator) OnBehalf Of qualitymeter (AT) qualitymeter (DOT) comSent: Monday, January 01, 2007 7:15 AM Subject: Advice to One whose Pet DiedThe dog (by his calling name) is now more closer to her than when he wasbefore. He is now inseparable even for a single minute by occupying aplace in her heart. She is now without worry of looking after it andfear of loss or get killed by accident. He is much safe in the heart andwill live as long as she lives, and cannot not die by its choice. Ask her what is love and where to find the love? If she answers it is the heart, this is enough for her and where it iswill always be. Earlier it was before the eyes and now it is in themind. regardsK G

-----------------------------avadhuta maharaja Affectionate Ones;This is the problem in material life, people have more interest in dogthan God.Therefore, Krishna says in the Gita, 'yam yam vaapi smaran bhavam',"whatever you think about when quitting the body, that you become." Theconclusion is simple. Your neighbor will take birth as a dog unless heaccepts Lord Krishna's advice.Affection and love is meant for God, or Krishna, but instead is given tothe lower species. Even the great king Bharat had to take birth as adeer [bhagawat purana, canto 5] for having too much sentiment for ayoung deer he met in the forest.Be mindful and always remember the form of Krishna, so that you mayreturn to His transcendental abode as His eternal

servant.Avadhoot-----------------------------Original Message:-----------------sadhak_insight sadhak_insight Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 11:03:22 -0000 Subject: {Disarmed} Advice to One whose Pet Diedfrom: "Bharathi" <bh_43....> One of my neighbours, 81 years old, his little dog recently died. I am very concerned and worried about him as he says that the dog is all that he had and now he misses the dog terribly. Is there anything, anyway, either based on your experience or in the Bhagavadgita, that I can share with him to inspire him? to talk to him in a way which does not involve the term 'God' as he does not have much interest in God.RegardsFROM

MODERATORRam Ram,The following are the guidelines for Gita-Talk discussions.1. Wherever possible, please quote Gita or other scriptures tosubstantiate the response2. Kindly make your responses concise and to the point. (Up totwenty line maximum, if possible).3. Please limit discussions to subject at hand.4. Please do not include links to other sites or other organizationsRam Ram-- This message has been scanned for viruses anddangerous content by MailScanner, and isbelieved to be clean.-------------------------mail2web - Check your email from the web athttp://mail2web.com/ .

Dear Devotees; There seems to be a bit of a dilemna here. How do we simultaneously see Lord Krishna in the hearts of all[such as a dog] and yet not become attached[such material attachment leads to suffering and further material karma]. The dog, cat, or on a higher scale mother , sister, brother are all living beings with a soul and a Supersoul [Vishnu in the region of the heart-Gita 15.15]. So, how do we relate with the living beings in our perview without denying love and affection but at the same time not becoming attached or bound by such affection?? Since Krishna wants us to remember Him [Gita 18.65] and not others, then it would then seem that when we relate to others we have to do so on a spiritual level. We can try to see how the Lord acts as overseer and permitter as declared in Gita from with the heart, but if by our affectionate relationship our consciousness if removed from Lord Krishna[as in the

case of Maharaja Bharat in the 'Bhagavat Puran] then we have to back off or reassess our priorities. We have a duty to our parents and children as well. But then if our duty disturbs our recollection of Bhagavan then do we not have to readjust. After all in the Gita Krishna Himself says that knowledge means detachment from wife and children. So just where does duty to family and duty to God stand. Obviously, our duty to God has the top priority. We have to serve Him beyond all others, and yet not be neglectful. This is the true art of living, to serve God fully and at the same time not neglect the living beings who come into our association. AvadhootBharathi <bh_4321 wrote: "VIDYA-VINAYA SAMPANNE BRAHMANE GAVI HASTHINI SUNI CHEIVA SWAPAKE CHA PANDHITAH SAMADARSINAH" I appreciate the samadarsitwam of the owner of the dog. Regards, K.V. Gopalakrishna. --- Both of them (dog / lady)took interst and supported each other. In Gita, the Lord said to Arjuna - "dedicate each action to me and perform your duty for establising Dharma and Rightousness and HE shall take care of Every thing" Arjuna followed. But these days it appears as if there is no LORD KRISHNA who takes care of the helpless, righteous and truthful people. Please advise REGARDS npanda --- From Bharathi... Thanks to all. I really appreciate all ur feedback which has been conveyed to the lady, along with message of peace. thank you once again, :) Regards. "KALRA, SUDHIR K" <skalra (AT) oppd (DOT) com> wrote: I hope your answers are based upon Gita and not just out of emotionalreactions. Your statement about dog being more closer to her and is in her heart statement is no way supported by Gita. Please write things by providing references from Gita. If it is a Gita talk, the replies must be supported by references from Gita. Please think about the statement you wrote and I quote "He is much safe in

the heart and will live as long as she lives, and cannot not die by its choice".Can you really say that it is supported by Gita? I do not think so. RegardsSudhir -------------------------Most of what K G has said is very helpful that the dog remains inheart and will never be parted as long as he/she is in the heart! Tosome extent this friend will come to terms with it. I may add myexperience though.*I would just sympathise with this person by being with him, quietlyacknowledging the loss, sharing his feelings of pain so he feels heis not alone in his apparant grief! At least his friends are withhim.*One helps such person who is given to such grieving due to attachment(pet or even human being) by just being with him, listening what hewants to say, agreeing with him that it was truly a loss, andremembering dog's quality of being faithful,

great company etc etc.*At least this is not the time for big advise on how not to grieve onanimals, and remebering God etc etc. I know we serve more byremaining quiet in such times than advices.*This helps the person to step out of conflicts, resistences(suffering) due to perceived loss a bit faster. Acceptance ofinevitable nature of such losses becomes easy, and the person maybecome interested in knowing about truth of such events on his owndown the road. This is real benefit!Pratap Bhatt-------------------------Dear friendImportant message is understanding 'Love' and about purity of 'Love' that is what the life of dog taught her. It is irrespective of what form, species or appearance, Paramatma(in this case dog) might take. The lady is most deserving to understand 'love'. The lady will loose the appearance of dog in the mind, and the memory (chitta) gets

immersed in the knowledge (mun). She realizes pure love only after the dog died. regardsK G Misra(edited by Moderator) OnBehalf Of qualitymeter (AT) qualitymeter (DOT) comSent: Monday, January 01, 2007 7:15 AM Subject: Advice to One whose Pet DiedThe dog (by his calling name) is now more closer to her than when he wasbefore. He is now inseparable even for a single minute by occupying aplace in her heart. She is now without worry of looking after it andfear of loss or get killed by accident. He is much safe in the heart andwill live as long as she lives, and cannot not

die by its choice. Ask her what is love and where to find the love? If she answers it is the heart, this is enough for her and where it iswill always be. Earlier it was before the eyes and now it is in themind. regardsK G -----------------------------avadhuta maharaja Affectionate Ones;This is the problem in material life, people have more interest in dogthan God.Therefore, Krishna says in the Gita, 'yam yam vaapi smaran bhavam',"whatever you think about when quitting the body, that you become." Theconclusion is simple. Your neighbor will take birth as a dog unless heaccepts Lord Krishna's advice.Affection and love is meant for God, or Krishna, but instead is given tothe lower species. Even the great king Bharat had to take birth as adeer [bhagawat purana, canto 5] for having too much sentiment for ayoung

deer he met in the forest.Be mindful and always remember the form of Krishna, so that you mayreturn to His transcendental abode as His eternal servant.Avadhoot-----------------------------Original Message:-----------------sadhak_insight sadhak_insight Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 11:03:22 -0000 Subject: {Disarmed} Advice to One whose Pet Diedfrom: "Bharathi" <bh_43....> One of my neighbours, 81 years old, his little dog recently died. I am very concerned and worried about him as he says that the dog is all that he had and now he misses the dog terribly. Is there anything, anyway, either based on your experience or in the Bhagavadgita, that I can share with him to

inspire him? to talk to him in a way which does not involve the term 'God' as he does not have much interest in God.RegardsFROM MODERATORRam Ram,The following are the guidelines for Gita-Talk discussions.1. Wherever possible, please quote Gita or other scriptures tosubstantiate the response2. Kindly make your responses concise and to the point. (Up totwenty line maximum, if possible).3. Please limit discussions to subject at hand.4. Please do not include links to other sites or other organizationsRam Ram-- This message has been scanned for viruses anddangerous content by MailScanner, and isbelieved to be clean.-------------------------mail2web - Check your email from the web athttp://mail2web.com/ .

It depends on how one understands Lord Krishna !

Please take a look at these slokas:

VIDYA-VINAYA SAMPANNE BRAHMANE GAVI HASTHINI

SUNI CHEIVA SWAPAKE CHA PANDHITAH SAMADARSINAH - (5-18)

PRAHLADASCASMI DAITYANAM KAKAH KALAYATAM-AHAM

MRGANAM CA MRGENDROHAM VAINATEYASCA PAKSINAM - (10 - 30)

BRAHMARPANAM BRAHMA HAVIH BRAHMAGNAU BRAHMANA HUTAM

BRAHMAIVA TENA GANTAVYAM BRAHM-KARMA-SAMADHINAM (4 - 24)

Krishna is present in everything and even in nothing. If we could experience him, no questions remain within us. If we can not see Krishna every where and in everything, then we are missing krishna all together.

Hope this helps...

Krishna

avadhuta maharaja <avadhutamaharaja To: Subject: RE: Advice to One whose Pet DiedSat, 6 Jan 2007 12:42:45 -0800 (PST)

Dear Devotees;

There seems to be a bit of a dilemna here. How do we simultaneously see Lord Krishna in the hearts of all[such as a dog] and yet not become attached[such material attachment leads to suffering and further material karma]. The dog, cat, or on a higher scale mother , sister, brother are all living beings with a soul and a Supersoul [Vishnu in the region of the heart-Gita 15.15]. So, how do we relate with the living beings in our perview without denying love and affection but at the same time not becoming attached or bound by such affection??

Since Krishna wants us to remember Him [Gita 18.65] and not others, then it would then seem that when we relate to others we have to do so on a spiritual level. We can try to see how the Lord acts as overseer and permitter as declared in Gita from with the heart, but if by our affectionate relationship our consciousness if removed from Lord Krishna[as in the case of Maharaja Bharat in the 'Bhagavat Puran] then we have to back off or reassess our priorities.

We have a duty to our parents and children as well. But then if our duty disturbs our recollection of Bhagavan then do we not have to readjust. After all in the Gita Krishna Himself says that knowledge means detachment from wife and children. So just where does duty to family and duty to God stand. Obviously, our duty to God has the top priority. We have to serve Him beyond all others, and yet not be neglectful.

This is the true art of living, to serve God fully and at the same time not neglect the living beings who come into our association.

AvadhootBharathi <bh_4321 > wrote:

"VIDYA-VINAYA SAMPANNE BRAHMANE GAVI HASTHINI

SUNI CHEIVA SWAPAKE CHA PANDHITAH SAMADARSINAH"

I appreciate the samadarsitwam of the owner of the dog.

Regards, K.V. Gopalakrishna.

---

Both of them (dog / lady)took interst and supported each other. In Gita, the Lord said to Arjuna - "dedicate each action to me and perform your duty for establising Dharma and Rightousness and HE shall take care of Every thing" Arjuna followed. But these days it appears as if there is no LORD KRISHNA who takes care of the helpless, righteous and truthful people. Please advise

REGARDS

npanda

---

From Bharathi...

Thanks to all. I really appreciate all ur feedback which has been conveyed to the lady, along with message of peace. thank you once again, :)

Regards.

"KALRA, SUDHIR K" <skalra (AT) oppd (DOT) com> wrote:

I hope your answers are based upon Gita and not just out of emotionalreactions. Your statement about dog being more closer to her and is in her heart statement is no way supported by Gita. Please write things by providing references from Gita. If it is a Gita talk, the replies must be supported by references from Gita. Please think about the statement you wrote and I quote "He is much safe in the heart and will live as long as she lives, and cannot not die by its choice".Can you really say that it is supported by Gita? I do not think so. RegardsSudhir -------------------------Most of what K G has said is very helpful that the dog remains inheart and will never be parted as long as he/she is in the heart! Tosome extent this friend will come to terms with it. I may add myexperience though.*I would just sympathise with this person by being with him, quietlyacknowledging the loss, sharing his feelings of pain so he feels heis not alone in his apparant grief! At least his friends are withhim.*One helps such person who is given to such grieving due to attachment(pet or even human being) by just being with him, listening what hewants to say, agreeing with him that it was truly a loss, andremembering dog's quality of being faithful, great company etc etc.*At least this is not the time for big advise on how not to grieve onanimals, and remebering God etc etc. I know we serve more byremaining quiet in such times than advices.*This helps the person to step out of conflicts, resistences(suffering) due to perceived loss a bit faster. Acceptance ofinevitable nature of such losses becomes easy, and the person maybecome interested in knowing about truth of such events on his owndown the road. This is real benefit!Pratap Bhatt-------------------------Dear friendImportant message is understanding 'Love' and about purity of 'Love' that is what the life of dog taught her. It is irrespective of what form, species or appearance, Paramatma(in this case dog) might take. The lady is most deserving to understand 'love'. The lady will loose the appearance of dog in the mind, and the memory (chitta) gets immersed in the knowledge (mun). She realizes pure love only after the dog died. regardsK G Misra(edited by Moderator) OnBehalf Of qualitymeter (AT) qualitymeter (DOT) comSent: Monday, January 01, 2007 7:15 AM Subject: Advice to One whose Pet DiedThe dog (by his calling name) is now more closer to her than when he wasbefore. He is now inseparable even for a single minute by occupying aplace in her heart. She is now without worry of looking after it andfear of loss or get killed by accident. He is much safe in the heart andwill live as long as she lives, and cannot not die by its choice. Ask her what is love and where to find the love? If she answers it is the heart, this is enough for her and where it iswill always be. Earlier it was before the eyes and now it is in themind. regardsK G -----------------------------avadhuta maharaja Affectionate Ones;This is the problem in material life, people have more interest in dogthan God.Therefore, Krishna says in the Gita, 'yam yam vaapi smaran bhavam',"whatever you think about when quitting the body, that you become." Theconclusion is simple. Your neighbor will take birth as a dog unless heaccepts Lord Krishna's advice.Affection and love is meant for God, or Krishna, but instead is given tothe lower species. Even the great king Bharat had to take birth as adeer [bhagawat purana, canto 5] for having too much sentiment for ayoung deer he met in the forest.Be mindful and always remember the form of Krishna, so that you mayreturn to His transcendental abode as His eternal servant.Avadhoot-----------------------------Original Message:-----------------sadhak_insight sadhak_insight Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 11:03:22 -0000 Subject: {Disarmed} Advice to One whose Pet Diedfrom: "Bharathi" <bh_43....> One of my neighbours, 81 years old, his little dog recently died. I am very concerned and worried about him as he says that the dog is all that he had and now he misses the dog terribly. Is there anything, anyway, either based on your experience or in the Bhagavadgita, that I can share with him to inspire him? to talk to him in a way which does not involve the term 'God' as he does not have much interest in God.RegardsFROM MODERATORRam Ram,The following are the guidelines for Gita-Talk discussions.1. Wherever possible, please quote Gita or other scriptures tosubstantiate the response2. Kindly make your responses concise and to the point. (Up totwenty line maximum, if possible).3. Please limit discussions to subject at hand.4. Please do not include links to other sites or other organizationsRam Ram-- This message has been scanned for viruses anddangerous content by MailScanner, and isbelieved to be clean.-------------------------mail2web - Check your email from the web athttp://mail2web.com/ .