IndiaDivine.org

Samatvam Yoga Uchyatte

Rate this topic

Guest guest

" Samatvam Yoga Uchyatte "

Somewhere I heard this. Can I know the meaning of this? I have a Gita book, so

if someone can tell me in which chapter this comes, I can take a look.

2:48

From Manjumaa

---

The quotation under reference is in Chapter 2, sloka 48 which says

"Yogasthah kuru karmaani.sangam thyaktwa Dhananjaya;

Siddhyasiddyoh samo bhootwa samatwam yoga ucchyate. 48.

(Arjuna! Perform your duties, established in Yoga, renouncing attachment, and even-tempered in success and failure; evenness of temper is called Yoga.)

Regards

K.V. Gopalakrishna

---

Samatvam - means 'Equanimity' - The capability to consider everything as 'the same' -- Tha tin the sense of each and every entity of men and materials around as 'being a bit of Brahman - the Primordial energy'. With our sensuous perceptions which make us recognize the deifferences amongst and between each of the entity that we encounter or envisage -- It is a 'herculian task to 'derecognize' the difference and 'feel one with the entity and that dispassoonately

as well' ---

Well the nearest experience is that of an 'innocent child' -- who looks at everything with the same 'equanimity' -- till it is taught to recognize the differences. But then one should guard oneself against the 'ignorant non-recognition of differences' which tends to 'look at everything as just oneself'...... That is not only a learnt selfishness and not any 'Samatva'.

'Loma-Kanchana samavat' -- Like the equalizing of 'Mud and God' as of same value.... Both of them as just two entities - with their respective Brahma ansh [amsh]

Vedapushpa

On 1/19/07, sri_ram_balu <sri_ram_balu wrote:

" Samatvam Yoga Uchyatte " Somewhere I heard this. Can I know the meaning of this? I have a Gita book, so if someone can tell me in which chapter this comes, I can take a look.