IndiaDivine.org

Re :RE: Who can follow The Gita ?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Gita scholaras, No where in Bhagwat Gita has the word "Hindu" occured. No where have the word "Dharma" meaning RELIGION come up, though the words Karma & Dharma have been used with about 30 or so different meanings in the Bhagwad gita . the advice is meant for the humanity. There were no religions, so to say, at that time when the Gita was narrated. No where has Lord said specifically,"Do this..." He has only shown the way. He has time & again said " Use your intellect and decide. "It is for us to follow the teachings and benefit from them. Good luck good reading...Ram Ram ; Suhas Gogate wroteGita is for everyone. It is not for Hindus or Brahmins only. Do not worry about caste, creed, gender or any thing else. If you look at ISKCON popularly known as Hare Krishna movement you will see followers from all walks of life, different nationality, color, gender etc. Srimad Bhagvat Gita (song of God) is for everyone. So please start reading instead of wasting valuable time in irrelevant questions. (If you believe it is for particular caste or religion then also you are not going to loose any thing) Gita is a manual for human beings. If you understand and progress to surrendering to Krishna (bhakti) then you will guide rest of humanity about sweetness of Gita. My intentions are not telling you any thing about Gita but to remove the obstacles you are facing to start reading Gita. Already you wasted time, do not waste anymore. Hope this helps. GOvind Madhav Das-- Priya Bandhujan and Bhaginya Saadar PranaamRaam RaamI am giving the views on Gita based on my views and my foul mind'sunderstanding of the holy scriptures. Hope you will forgive and bless and grace me for my mistakes.Gita is not only for Hindus or any caste within Hindus,its for the entire Humanity,even thats the matter of Reading and/or Purpose.Consider Holy Vedas, only Dvijya can read the Holy Vedas no one else,But Vedas are for the sake of entire Shrishti. But Gita is a part of Mahabharatha which is one of the ITIHASA, (there are two ITIHASAS,one is Valmiki Ramayan and other is Mahabharatha.)Entire humanity has got the right to read the ITIHASAS according to Holy SMRITIES.So no matter who you are,which religion you follow you can read The Holy Gita and attain the God by adopting the way described in Gita.Seeking forgiveness for my mistakes.Your DasRajanRam Ram-I too beleive that dear sir, that the Bhagwat-gita is for everybody.......in fact i believe that everybody should be allowed to approach god....regards,kanishk --Ram Baluji,This is very popular opinion that Gita is for anyone and everyone and is not restricted to any religion. It feels nice, but the reality is that Gita is a text of Sanatana Dharma and useful for followers of Sanatana Dharma. The principles laid in the Gita do not belong to a Christian or Jew person. One of the founding thought of Gita is reincarnation which no Abrahimic religions believe in. Another is therory of Karma and Dharma, which are unknown to many other religions. At the most one can say that Gita is a book for Dharmic religions. You see now you can say Oh! other religions do not know that but it belongs to them too. That is a same argument made by other religions that Hindus just do not know but Jesus is the God and only through him the salvation. Now does Gita have verses which are compatible with other relgions and thus apply to followers of other religions? Sure. But then there are many things in the Bible, Quran, Torah which apply to Hindus too.Regards, Sudhir Kalra--Jai Shri Krishna1st of all I would like to say Jai Shri KrishnaIn hindu DHARMA there is no special place for any one.Any one can read any holy book. It is not limited to Pandits and Brahmins. Arun Agarwal Jai Shri Krishna: sri_ram_balu: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 04:54:38 +0000 Who can follow The Gita ?Is Gita for Humanity at large or Hindus only? Is it for any caste within Hindus? It must depend on what is mentioned in it. I'm asking this question because I know very little about the Gita. There are some spiritual books and practices which are limited to a particular caste within a religion or require conversion, therefore I am seeking clarification with this question. --------------------from MODERATORThe following are the guidelines for Gita-Talk discussions.1. Wherever possible, please quote Gita or other scriptures tosubstantiate the response2. Kindly make your responses concise and to the point. (Up totwenty line maximum, if possible).3. Please limit discussions to subject at hand.4. Please do not include links to other sites or other organizationsMODERATORRam Ram Live Search: Better results, fast Try it now!