IndiaDivine.org

Saadhana - Naam Japa or Leave Everything to God?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Ram Ram,

I practice Ram-Naam japa daily for God realization. In the previous e-mail Swami

ji talked about self-realization being natural. I want to ask you if my saadhana

of Ram-Naam japa will prove fruitful in God Realization or should I leave every

thing to God and should do nothing ? Thank you.

----

from MODERATOR

The following are the guidelines for Gita-Talk discussions.

1. Wherever possible, please quote Gita or other scriptures to

substantiate the response

2. Kindly make your responses concise and to the point. (Up to

twenty line maximum, if possible).

3. Please limit discussions to subject at hand.

4. Please do not include links to other sites or other organizations

5. Please do not include your personal information such as phone

number, address etc.

6. Kindly do not address the response to a particular individual,

since the message is going to the entire group.

Ram Ram

Guest guest

Narayanhari Narayanhari,

Exactly the same question was asked by

Arjunji in the beginning of third chapter of Gitaji.

God responded saying, “Even for one

minute one cannot remain akarmanya

- without work.

So in the eighth shloka of Gitaji, God

says, “one should do his assigned work properly”

And for every human being, one of the assigned

works is dhyan-jap-puja.

But the dhyan-jap-puja should not be

physical but with heart.

However God is already prapta so don’t need to do any

effort to prapta him.

I am a new sadhak – other sadhaks: please

correct me if I am wrong.

Radhekrishna

On Behalf Of sumit_201

Friday, April 13, 2007 9:03

PM

Saadhana -

Naam Japa or Leave Everything to God?

Ram Ram,

I practice Ram-Naam japa daily for God realization. In the previous e-mail

Swami ji talked about self-realization being natural. I want to ask you if my

saadhana of Ram-Naam japa will prove fruitful in God Realization or should I

leave every thing to God and should do nothing ? Thank you.

-------------------------

from MODERATOR

The following are the guidelines for Gita-Talk discussions.

1. Wherever possible, please quote Gita or other scriptures to

substantiate the response

2. Kindly make your responses concise and to the point. (Up to

twenty line maximum, if possible).

3. Please limit discussions to subject at hand.

4. Please do not include links to other sites or other organizations

5. Please do not include your personal information such as phone

number, address etc.

6. Kindly do not address the response to a particular individual,

since the message is going to the entire group.

Ram Ram

Guest guest

Dear Sadhakas, Namaste!

Swamiji has correctly pointed out Self(Existence, pure

Consciousness-Bliss) is what we already are, is our

true natural being. However we don't realize this

Truth. Since it is naturally Blissful state, we all

pursue happiness knowingly or unknowingly through/in

objects of the world. These objects may be gross such

as relationships, property, etc or subtle like

beliefs, opinions, wrong notions, isms etc. We may

find that these objects cannot fulfil us lastingly,

they leave us unfulfilled, so the cycle of pursuits

continues. If we change our direction of such pursuits

to inward Self, we may find we don't need anything of

this world to MAKE us and KEEP us happy. When there is

no dependency on anything that is called detachment,

renounciations. It doesn't mean we reject objects of

this world, it means objects don't have power to

deliver our happiness or unhappiness either. Objects

are fine and are gift of God so we accept them as

Prasaad, but their absence is equally fine!

To do so we may practice Naam Japa or similar means

suggested by Swamiji or Guru, or spiritual friend. But

we should never lose sight of our Goal of Self

realization while practicing Naama, Japas,

meditations, selfless service etc etc.

God's Grace may be upon us sooner to deserve and BE

what we naturally ARE.

Saadar Pranaam.....Pratap

--- sumit_201 wrote:

> Ram Ram,

>

> I practice Ram-Naam japa daily for God realization.

> In the previous e-mail Swami ji talked about

> self-realization being natural. I want to ask you if

> my saadhana of Ram-Naam japa will prove fruitful in

> God Realization or should I leave every thing to God

> and should do nothing ? Thank you.

>

----

> from MODERATOR

> The following are the guidelines for Gita-Talk

> discussions.

> 1. Wherever possible, please quote Gita or other

> scriptures to

> substantiate the response

> 2. Kindly make your responses concise and to the

> point. (Up to

> twenty line maximum, if possible).

> 3. Please limit discussions to subject at hand.

> 4. Please do not include links to other sites or

> other organizations

> 5. Please do not include your personal information

> such as phone

> number, address etc.

> 6. Kindly do not address the response to a

> particular individual,

> since the message is going to the entire group.

> MODERATOR

> Ram Ram>

Guest guest

Ram Ram.

In some talk of of swami ji, he explained " Jara maran mokshay mamashritya yatanti... " and told that one should actively do spiritual sadhana (Naam japa etc.) after taking refuge in Lord, while keeping in mind that it would be only by Lord's grace that we would realize the God, and not because of sadhana. But we should still continue sadhana. He also quotes from Tulsi das

" Bigadi Janam anek ki, sudhare ab hi aaj,

Hoy Ram ko, naam japu, Tulsi taj Kusamaj "

(Meaning that blunders of many birth can be rectified,today, and right now, if one chants Rama, by surrendering entirely to Rama (that is becoming Rama's).

If we do not have right attitude, in heart, if devotion does not come, we should pray and cry before God to grant us that, and continue japa also.

Once right emotion is there in heart, japa happens naturally and automatically.

Besides, satasanga also helps immensly and take sadhana to altogether different levels. I have found listening to Swami Ramsukhdasji's pravachan available at site: http://www.swamiramsukhdasji.org

extremely inspiring.

Pranamas.

Yogesh

However, this is what I have understood, and what I have tried. If there is some, other scope

On 15 Apr 2007 19:40:19 -0700, Pratap Bhatt <pratapbhatt wrote:

Dear Sadhakas, Namaste!Swamiji has correctly pointed out Self(Existence, pureConsciousness-Bliss) is what we already are, is ourtrue natural being. However we don't realize thisTruth. Since it is naturally Blissful state, we all

pursue happiness knowingly or unknowingly through/in objects of the world. These objects may be gross suchas relationships, property, etc or subtle likebeliefs, opinions, wrong notions, isms etc. We may

find that these objects cannot fulfil us lastingly,they leave us unfulfilled, so the cycle of pursuitscontinues. If we change our direction of such pursuitsto inward Self, we may find we don't need anything of

this world to MAKE us and KEEP us happy. When there isno dependency on anything that is called detachment,renounciations. It doesn't mean we reject objects ofthis world, it means objects don't have power to

deliver our happiness or unhappiness either. Objectsare fine and are gift of God so we accept them asPrasaad, but their absence is equally fine!To do so we may practice Naam Japa or similar meanssuggested by Swamiji or Guru, or spiritual friend. But

we should never lose sight of our Goal of Selfrealization while practicing Naama, Japas,meditations, selfless service etc etc.God's Grace may be upon us sooner to deserve and BEwhat we naturally ARE.

Saadar Pranaam.....Pratap --- sumit_201 wrote:> Ram Ram,

> > I practice Ram-Naam japa daily for God realization.> In the previous e-mail Swami ji talked about> self-realization being natural. I want to ask you if> my saadhana of Ram-Naam japa will prove fruitful in

> God Realization or should I leave every thing to God> and should do nothing ? Thank you.>-------------------------> from MODERATOR> The following are the guidelines for Gita-Talk

> discussions.> 1. Wherever possible, please quote Gita or other> scriptures to> substantiate the response> 2. Kindly make your responses concise and to the> point. (Up to> twenty line maximum, if possible).

> 3. Please limit discussions to subject at hand.> 4. Please do not include links to other sites or> other organizations> 5. Please do not include your personal information> such as phone

> number, address etc.> 6. Kindly do not address the response to a> particular individual,> since the message is going to the entire group.> MODERATOR> Ram Ram>

Guest guest

Based on your question below, this is my humble opinion. Whatever you practice, it is all fine and ok. whatever makes u feel happy inside your heart and keeps your mind calm, anything is fine. once our mind becomes calm, we experience calm feeling in our mind and heart. if you like to do japa, its fine. otherwise, if you want to just be silent in front of God thats also fine. If possible, slowly try to practise whatever you are doing with the feeling of love towards God. Because usually, when you feel love towards God..it does not matter what you do. In each and every activity that you do, remember God sweetly in your heart and thats what it matters. whatever you do for God, its not exactly what you give or do for God that God is looking for, but with what kind of devotion and love for God you are doing, is all that matters. That's what God is looking for and nothing else. ALso, do not think much about whether anything will be fruitful or not...since if we think about whether anything is fruitful or not..our energy will be lost. Leave the fruits of your japa and any action to towards God. He knows about what it is you wanted in your inner heart. just with the complete feeling towards God, just do japa whatever you are doing and do not worry about the output at all. take one day at a time and or one moment at a time and enjoy that process of japa. Also, there is no hard and fast rule that you have to do japa. but doing these japas, meditation or discussion etc etc will prepare your mind to become calm slowly to understand that reality of Supreme. Let the process of japa also flow through you slowly and you need not have to pressure yourself in anything or any aspect at all. thats what being natural is. if u love someone..thinking about them is natural and it does not need any pressure. So, try to think about God in a way u love..as a lover/father/mother/child/sis/brother/supreme..anything you feel comfortable. That way these japas and meditation on the lord becomes pressureless and smooth and natural. Regarding leaving everything to God: as per your question again, if u want to leave everything to God..thats also fine. Just surrender everything to HIM and HE is there to take you to places where u have never even imagined of. He is the supreme and all reality. what more can you need if you are able to Leave everything to God. thats very nice. In Bhagavadgita, there is a verse:"sarva Dharman paritygya mamekam saranam vraja, aham tva sarva papebhyo mokshya ikshymi mashuchaha " Lord says: leave everything to me and remember me alone and I will release you from all your sins. Once you leave everything to God with complete FAITH and DEVOTION, He is just there wherever u think of.Many say that this verse is very very wonderful and important too. whatever you do, just remember him and in case if it becomes difficult to remember Him, just leave everything to God and He is there to guide you and takes you wherever you are supposed to be. Have a nice evening Regards, Bharathi sumit_201 wrote: Ram Ram,I practice Ram-Naam japa daily for God realization. In the previous e-mail Swami ji talked about self-realization being natural. I want to ask you if my saadhana of Ram-Naam japa will prove fruitful in God Realization or should I leave every thing to God and should do nothing ? Thank you.-------------------------from MODERATORThe following are the guidelines for Gita-Talk discussions.1. Wherever possible, please quote Gita or other scriptures tosubstantiate the response2. Kindly make your responses concise and to the point. (Up totwenty line maximum, if possible).3. Please limit discussions to subject at hand.4. Please do not include links to other sites or other organizations5. Please do not include your personal information such as

phonenumber, address etc.6. Kindly do not address the response to a particular individual,since the message is going to the entire group.MODERATORRam Ram

Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell? Check out

new cars at Autos.