IndiaDivine.org

A Dilemma - What is the Mind's connectiontotheAtama ?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

PLEASE SEE MY FOLLOW UP QUERY / COMMENTS IN RED... EMBEDDED IN THE RESPONSES BELOW. Sant Shree Hari

-

Pratap Bhatt

Monday, May 21, 2007 8:21 AM

Re: Re: A Dilemma - What is the Mind's connection totheAtama ?

It means when the soul take rebirth by entering in to womb, the same mind also accompany it.

It clears that mind and soul is same or if they are separate, they are moving together even

after death of a body. (please confirm the understanding)

Regards,

Sant Shree Hari

Dear Sadhaka, Namaste!Question is asked for clarification whether it is thesame mind that remains when soul acquires a newbody-mind. ( ref: explanaton given earlier).It is the same mind-stuff, yes! By mind-stuff is meantsubtle body(sukshma Sharira) which goes along with allconditioning(papas/punyas/unfulfilled desires, fears)acquired during the life lived by a person inignorance* of its true indentity. This subtle bodybecomes, so to speak, new body's sukshama sharira inturn. Thus cycle of birth and death continues insuffering until person realizes his/her true identitybeing Atman in some human birth and thus liberated. Atdeath of such an apparant person subtle body-mindstill may take birth in a new body but it is free ofsuffering and engaged generally in liberation of otherlives that crosses his/her path.Namaskar.... pratap *Ignorance is that person calls this subtle body-mindas him/her during the life assuming doership ofkarmas.The subtle body is in fact a mere appearance in Atmanlike a cloud in the sky of Atman.This subtle body-mind-stuff may be referred to as Soulwho undergoes the cycle of birth and death. Andsometimes is referred to as pure soul which is Atman.Soul is not a proper translation of Atman which ispure existence-consciousness-bliss.Thanks.. Pratap-------------------------What I read into your message - "Mind goes through rebirth until it realizes Atma as the Self and is not deluded by ego and perceptions thereafter." Is this correct?

Yes Sir, I think mind is soul (Atma). Soul takes rebirth so same mind is there.

Originating place of mind and soul is heart.

Regards,

Sant Shree Hari

Hemendra Parikh-------------------------Let me give you another lead. As I said there are 4 bodies (Sharir). Take that as an example in Bulb, Wires, Switch and Electricity. Bulb in the example, is the Sthool Sharir (Gross Body, which has a name such as A.H.Dalmia). Wires are the Sookshma Sharir (Subtle Body, the mind). Switch is the Karan Sharir. Finally Electricity is the Atma. You will kindly see that without the electricity all the other three can not perform any function.

Yes Sir,

Similarly without Soul (Atama), mind can not do sin (can not function). Hence Souls is responsible for all sins drived through the mind and its outcomes.

Regards,

Sant Shree HariTo give you a straight answer, it is the mind that goes from death to birth in various bodies. Here I would like to clarify that it is the "Kartritva Abhiman" that is the real reason for "Karma Phal". A.H.Dalmia---------------------------- pratapbhatt <pratapbhatt > wrote:> Dear Sadhaka, Namaste!> > When one investigates Atman described in scriptures,> one may find that> it is the self evident feeling of Existence I AM in> us! This is also> Witnessing Presence within us. In its presence only> mind-body organism> experience this world. Atman is pure light in which> everything shines.> But mind-stuff-Antahkaran(intellect, ego, memory)> which constitute> subtle body conditioned by gunas and environment,> thinks it is a> separate independent entity and thus acts as if it> is the Doer of> karmas. This doer which is in fact only a mind based> identity(I-thought> in mind and I-feelings in body) accumulates> karma-falas in ignorance of> Atman being its only reality! Atman witnesses> actions performed by an> apparant person, the results of which obtained> according to laws of> nature! Nothing is personal about this doer. So if> before the death this> person does not know he/she is Atman, obviously the> subtle body assumes> another body to continue on and on as an individual> until he/she> realizes his/her reality being that which is free of> birth and death,> the Existence Absolute, Never not Existing and all> Intelligence, Pure> Consciousness, Impersonal and Limitless in nature!> > When mind realizes its reality being such, it> resolves into its source> Atman and only the practical functional aspect of> mind remains until> body's death, and the person is known as Jivan> Mukta.> > To sum up, the body appears in mind as perceptions> of feelings and> thoughts, and mind in turn appears in Atman as> subtle antahkaran having> no reality of its own but assumes it is the doer in> ignorance and goes> thru cycle of birth and death until...........!> > Saadar Pranam... Pratap> > , Sant Shree Hari> <SantShreeHari> wrote:> >> > Dear all,> >> > One of the aspirant (SADHAK) asked me a question> by saying that the> man> > commits sin by virtue of his entire body acting on> the directions of> the> > mind (mana) then who is responsible for the sin?> As the mind can not> take> > rebirth, how it can be punished? Atama (soul) is> imperishable and get> new> > body after the present body is destroyed. Whether> the same mind will> be in> > the new body? If not how the same mind will be> treated for its sinful> act> > after ones death or rebirth? I told him that mind> is under control of> the> > soul (Atama).In other words mind is the replica of> the soul "I" and> any act> > done by the mind is act of the soul "I". As I> (soul) never die, only> it> > changes the body, it has to face the consequences> of its deed of the> > previous life. The Sadhak is not convinced by my> this logic. Now I am> also> > confused. Please guide me how can I satisfy the> Sadhak?> >> > Regards,> >> > Sant Shree Hari> >> > Ram Ram> > from MODERATOR> > The following are the guidelines for Gita-Talk> discussions.> > 1. Wherever possible, please quote Gita or other> scriptures to> > substantiate the response> > 2. Kindly make your responses concise and to the> point. (Up to> > twenty line maximum, if possible).> > 3. Please limit discussions to subject at hand.> > 4. Please do not include links to other sites or> other organizations> > 5. Please do not include your personal information> such as phone> > number, address etc.> > 6. Kindly do not address the response to a> particular individual,> > since the message is going to the entire group.> > 7. Due to a large readership, not all responses> will be posted.> > 8. Moderator may modify the message before posting> when content is not> clear.> > MODERATOR> > Ram Ram> >> >