IndiaDivine.org

My experience of practising Gita

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Sundeep,

Jai SHri Krishna

Its really nice to know that your reactions like anger have mellowed

down, by practicing the teachings of Shrimad Bhagwad Gita.

Please understand that following these teachings can NEVER harm you.

It will for sure help you to achieve the ultimate goal of human

life. ANd prorably quite quickly in your case.

About your confusion and losing int. in various objects, pl. try to

analyse your self how this has happened. Answer is there itself. May

be you have misinterpreted some thing.

Krishna.lovesus

-

sundeep gupta

gita

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 4:30 AM

My experience of practising Gita

Dear members,

I have been trying to practice the Gita principles and reading it

regularly as well, over past few months.

It has to a considerable extent mellowed down my reaction to an

undesired event / occurrence, which earlier used to be emotionally

intense reaction like ecstatic or angry.

However, i am finding i am also losing interest in worldly objects

and events. For example passions for wordly objects like car,

watches, electronic gadgets has practically died down. I am scared

that i lose interest in life itself, and then probably will become a

living dead - with all natural reactions, interests subjugated.

This is happening since i am doing regular reading and practice of

Gita. It appears that this is doing me more harm than good. The

idea of ephemeral world and its attributes, makes one lose interest

in doing anything worthwhile from human perspective.

It may be a subjective case of mine, but i would like to know

experience of others.

regards

Sundeep

Guest guest

Beautiful discussion, because these are real experiences. I too went through the same phase. In fact I was worried what is becoming of me. I used to complain that there is too much focus on vairagya in our scriptures. But over time, I have become more effective and enthusiastic and able to enjoy the moment a little better, because the mind is not preoccupied with thoughts and worries. I think doing meditation (or asan,pranayam + meditation) in parallel is usefull because sometimes these give you experiences of peace which now motivate you to work for these higher experiences. Also, if I feel I had too much of dose, I do go out and be a little "worldly" for sometime and that is OK too. Wish you all the best.

Jai Shree Krishna Sundeep:

It's good that you are losing interest in the worldly objects. These do not bring you eternal happiness. Pay attention to the experience of your internal joy as your anger and worldly desires decrease and you will discover the true joy of human existence.

With Love Peace

tara

In the Service of Humanity and Guruji

BY PRACTISING GITA, PEOPLE BECAME ENVIOUS OF ME; SOME ALSO CAUSED CERTAIN LOSSES, AND PLACED BARRIERS IN MY GROWTH. YET I AM

FOLLOWING GITA

REGARDS

N.PANDA

"A.K.Jain" <akjain wrote: The speaker (teacher) ,the listener (disciple) and the context has changed completely.Geeta is all about the war between the two different mindsets,one leading to happiness,joy and peace in life and other mindset leading to unhappiness ,chaos and sorrow in life.The true understanding of Geeta prepares a man to engage continuosly in this internal war.One has to perform the materialistc duties and remain alert of the mindset. regards A K

Jain My view is very diff from most people. This is how I believe the Geeta state freedom from obsession about the result should be: You will enjoy driving your car more (not less) as you have no stress, tension, worry, etc. However when you do not have a car, you will be detached enough that you will not get frustrated, angry, or sad. You may be uncomfortable without the AC when you go by taxi, but you will not be complaining or be pissed off. Instead you may notice something else that will give you joy (maybe you will have a conversation with the taxi driver, maybe you will instead call your friend on your cell and forget the heat...) I know that most people will not share this view. People shun material things, but material things are also made by God! Why is that Gita-followers think they should admire a flower and

have in your house, but not admire beautiful Italian marble? Everything is made by God. regards Siddharth - G. Vaidyanathan 17/05/ 2007 8:06 RE: My experience of practising Gita It is simply great that you hav esarted losing interest in things which keep you attached to worldly pleasures, which are ephemeral. Many have been trying for years, but not able to leave the

atachment. You are on the right path and keep practicing without worrying for the results . As you progress further with your pursuits for achieving Higher Values of Life, everything will become clear. Vaidyanathan-------------------------Over the last year, I went through the same thing - I had a loss of zest for life, because I felt that there was no point to anything. That life was all predetermined, that we had little control and that we should exercise faith constantly and battle what ever is given to us. I also felt that I couldn't relate to people, not that I was above them, but rather that I didn't know what to say to anyone. All of this is a passing phase. You have to get through it to get past it and know there is an amazing beauty through the process and past the process. First, your cognizant you are going through it and next put your faith in god and know that you will move

forward on to the next state that is meant for you. But, as often as you can do Namsmaran, the rest will fall into place. This whole process acted as a natural filter for me for what was core and essential to my life and what wasn't. Where I should NOT spend my time on a daily basis (not worrying) and where I should concentrate my efforts (helping others, gratitude, prayer). But again, go through it, know you are being led by the divine one himself, have full faith and make observations mentally or written down (whatever works). You will come to see so much in SO little time.Hemal-------------------------Is interest in worldly possessions is being subdued forcibly or naturally weakening because of understanding the non necessity of them for life? Does worldly pleasures and acquisitions lead to life or lead one away from life? Is not the mind that is indulged in possession and

accumulation of wealth so self centered that it is totally insensitive to everything, from the environment, to fellow beings, to the existence it self? Is not such self-centered isolation, death itself? Unfortunately in our commercial culture, life is measured by the money one has earned, but those who have seen the real nature of life, who have experienced the life as it is, know the beauty and joy of it, and know that there is nothing in the world, the possession of which is in any way necessary for the endless joy. The acquiring mind can never understand the beauty of natural and spontaneous renunciation which fills the life with the infinite joy and peace. Forced renunciation can be very dangerous, instead understanding the reasons why one is renouncing and understanding the mind obsessed with possessiveness and acquisition is very helpful. It comes with satsanga. Forced renunciation in order to achieve some hypothetical end, whether it is God or Moksha or

liberation is not renunciation at all, but a bargain. It is also to be seen whether the ephermality of life has been seen or it is just a concept? If it has been observed, all the colours of it, all the pain and joy of it, then it is no longer idea, it will be reality and there will not be any question, there is no choice at all. However, if it is just an idea, unexamined and accepted from scriptures without understanding as it is, then it is still an idea, and subsequent problems. Yogesh Katare-------------------------sundeep gupta <sundeepgupta1 > To: gita My experience of practising GitaTue, 15 May

2007 04:30:08 -0700 (PDT)Dear members,I have been trying to practise preachings of Gita and reading it regularly as well, over past few months.It has to a considerable extent mellowed down my reaction to an undesired event / occurance, which earlier used to be emotionally intense reaction like ecstatic or angry.However, i am finding i am also losing interest in worldly objects and events. For example passions for wordly objects like car, watches, electronic gadgets has practically died down. I am scared that i lose interest in life itself, and then probably will become a living dead - with all natural reactions, interests subjugated.This is happening since i am doing regular reading and practise of Gita. I find this is doing me more harm than good. The idea of ephemeral world and its attributes, makes one lose interest in doing anything worthwhile from human perspective.It may be a

subjective case of mine, but i would like to know experience of other mortals.regardsSundeep (To Moderator - Kindly do not hold this mail, and allow it to be published for better knowledge and understanding).

Building a website is a piece of cake. Small Business gives you all the tools to get online.