IndiaDivine.org

Dissatisfaction in Job, and Feeling of No Way Out

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear sadhak,

I am raising more of a worldly issue here.

How does one cope with dissatisfaction faced at professional job

front? When one finds that the job does not match his

intellectual / knowledge potential. He is also not in a position to

change his job due to various factors at home front. I am in a

constant state of agony and pain due to this mental state.

I wanted to know, how will spiritualism / Gita help me in this

matter. Can you help me resolve this painful issue?

thanks

Sundeep Gupta

FROM THE MODERATOR

The following are the guidelines for Gita-Talk discussions.

1. Purpose of the group is to help Sadhaks clarify their doubts

related to Gita shlokas. For responses to be posted, they must

further clarify the understanding of Gitaji.

2. Wherever possible, please quote Gitaji or other scriptures to

substantiate the response

3. Please limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc.

4. Kindly make your responses concise and to the point. (Up to

twenty line maximum, if possible).

5. Please limit discussions to subject at hand.

6. Please do not include links to other sites or other

organizations

7. Please do not include your personal information such as phone

number, address etc.

8. Kindly do not address the response to a particular individual,

since the message is going to the entire group.

9. Due to a large readership, not all responses will be posted.

10. Moderator at his discretion, may modify the posting, if

content is unclear or not appropriate for distribution to the group.

Ram Ram

Guest guest

Dear Sadhakas, Namste!

It is possible that the job may not provide enough

challenges, or match aspirations of a person. One has

to ask sincerely to oneself, " is it true, I am

overqualified for this job and getting bored? " If the

answer is Yes, then by all means one should look for

the better opportunity. Looking for another

opprotunity is the only thing person can do(Gita says

Karmanyevadhikaraste, Ma faleshu kadachan). Until one

finds such a job, why does one go through agony? It

doesn't help to inflict suffering upon one. The only

issue to be addressed here is to find another job and

until then I will do with the best of my ability this

job, and above all not suffer. God has put me in this

situation. Such understanding brings devotion, trust

in GOd and mind gets satisfaction, and in that finds

happiness in whatever is at hand!

The agony, feeling of getting stuck, results only from

our expectations/desires to want what we consider in

our best interest. It is never in the job itself! Any

object, circumstances doesn't have power in itself

unless we give it to make us unhappy!

And finally these expectations may be more than likely

due to not getting recognition, promotion, and is

rarely due to boredom or not challenging enough! One

do need such expectations but before doing karmas.

Gita doesn't say not to expect the results, rather it

teaches to accept with happiness! The results is not

in our control because our action is only one of

sevaral inputs required to obtain the results! The

result is always in the benefits of all parties

involved including ourselves!

Namaskar!.....Pratap

This is my humble opinion.

I understand what you may be feeling. It is ok eventhough you talk about worldy

issue here. Gita/Spirituality helps you making each and every mundane thing in

life into divine. That way, we will enjoy every moment that is given to us. Gita

explains us(based on our own understanding), that do not worry much about past

or present even though it is ok to plan for the future. But remember it is the

PRESENT that is more important. Sometimes, we may feel confused about what to

do when we are stuck in between making or taking decisions.

Remember these words of Bhagavadgita: " Sarva dharman parityagya, mamekam saram

vraja, aham twa sarva paphebhyo, mokhya ikshami mashuchaha. " Lord Krishna

says: Surrender everything onto ME and do your duty and you will be relieved of

all your sins.

Have the complete trust in God that HE is there and once u surrender to HIM, you

need not have to worry about anything. You need not fight for urself too. God

will fight your battles for you. But again, it may be difficult to think like

that suddenly..so, try to analyse slowly what God is trying to tell in Gita and

it will be useful.

Another way of looking at life is: You are mentioning about Job not giving u

satisfaction ? remember that you have many thing to be Thankful to God rather

than about Job. Many people do not even have a job to complain about. Also, when

u mentioned in ur statement that due to issues at homefront, u could not take a

decision..that means u have a family who u worry about or family who worries

about you. Many people in this world are alone not having family. If you magnify

the things you have, the things u do not have seem to be very very tiny.

Regarding the dissatisfaction etc..everything is in the mind. it depends on how

you train ur mind to think what it has rather than not what it does not have.

There are many beautiful verses in Gita which will definitely make you

understand and analyse that life is wonderful and cherish each and every moment

that comes your way. Also, when u are working, do not think too much about what

you are getting out of it. DO not worry much about the output whether u are

getting satisfied or not.once u let go of the fruits of actions, then life

becomes one wonderful journey. Do not wait to be happy till u get another job

which makes u satisfied. Be happy HERE and NOW and no wrong in searching what

you want.

Also, I hope these things may help you too.

If u make a list of whatever your desires were, you will see that most of the

desires would have been fulfilled but still we worry. the reason is that, we

think we will be happy when we get certain things but happiness is not lying

outside where the desires are fulfilled, it is at the mental level of

understanding. Once u understand this (with the help of Gita), then ur happiness

will not depend of any external object. It does not mean you do not work..but

the attitude with which u do your job (any job for that matter) will be

wonderful and you feel happy within yourself too. Also, please do not compare

yourself with anyone. God created u as unique and special like everyone else.

You lead the life which u feel happy within urself.

All the best again. Take ONE day at a time and do not worry too much about

anything. KEEP trying to get whatever you want but holding onto that GOD/SUPREME

which will make u realize slowly that happiness is inside of your own self.

Regards,

Bharathi.

--

Yes, not only this particular problem, but most of the problems of life can also

be solved by spirituality if undertaken with full faith and in right earnest.

The difficulties can be of varied nature like say, chronic pain in a particular

part of body, untimely death of near and dear ones, skin rash, financial ruin,

unemployment, paraplegic handicapped children, career problems, chronic

illnesses, cancer, inability to have children, sleep paralysis, slow learners,

incorrect decision, stresses and strains at home and office, so on and so on.

Most of us are not aware that the spiritual factors are the root cause of 80% of

our difficulties in life. We are not aware of this spiritual dimension because

the spiritual factors are beyond the understanding of our five senses, mind and

intellect. Whether a particular difficulty has a spiritual root cause along with

its details can be known for sure only through the medium of a highly activated

sixth sense. Ignorance about the existence of the spiritual dimension and

knowing its role in our difficulties will frustrate attempts to fully overcome

the difficulties.

As the subject is too big to be covered in a single session, I will address in

future emails. I am sure you will get answer to your question of

dissatisfaction at job.

Gurucharani

a.d. tapkire

--\

--

--- sadhak_insight <sadhak_insight wrote:

> Dear sadhak,

>

> I am raising more of a worldly issue here.

>

> How does one cope with dissatisfaction faced at

> professional job

> front? When one finds that the job does not match

> his

> intellectual / knowledge potential. He is also not

> in a position to

> change his job due to various factors at home front.

> I am in a

> constant state of agony and pain due to this mental

> state.

>

> I wanted to know, how will spiritualism / Gita help

> me in this

> matter. Can you help me resolve this painful issue?

>

> thanks

>

> Sundeep Gupta

>

> FROM THE MODERATOR

> The following are the guidelines for Gita-Talk

> discussions.

>

> 1. Purpose of the group is to help Sadhaks clarify

> their doubts

> related to Gita shlokas. For responses to be posted,

> they must

> further clarify the understanding of Gitaji.

> 2. Wherever possible, please quote Gitaji or other

> scriptures to

> substantiate the response

> 3. Please limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs

> etc.

> 4. Kindly make your responses concise and to the

> point. (Up to

> twenty line maximum, if possible).

> 5. Please limit discussions to subject at hand.

> 6. Please do not include links to other sites or

> other

> organizations

> 7. Please do not include your personal information

> such as phone

> number, address etc.

> 8. Kindly do not address the response to a

> particular individual,

> since the message is going to the entire group.

> 9. Due to a large readership, not all responses will

> be posted.

> 10. Moderator at his discretion, may modify the

> posting, if

> content is unclear or not appropriate for

> distribution to the group.

>

> MODERATOR

> Ram Ram

Guest guest

Dear Friends,

Pranams.

The problem in my opinion is that we try to derive satisfaction from the job, we try to derive fulfilment from the job. I also underwent similar situation and found that I was not able to determine what the problem was? Was there problem with job or was there problem with myself, my expectation, my desires, my 'idea' of job free from all conflicts and fulfilling. While I was feeling more certain day by day that to derive satisfaction, getting attached to job, or the satisfaction of doing an appropriate job rightly (this is also fruit of karma), was creating lot of turmoil within myself. As a dasa of Krishna I was not supposed to evaluate whatever job I was presented with, and to do it wholeheartedly without any expectation from it. A 'sthitipragya' does not look forward to doing anything and do not shrink away from doing anything. But being unsure of myself I prayed to KRishna day and night, and thought that there must be something good in the job where Krishna had placed me. With time as the job had come, so the job had gone too. Krishna placed me in another job, which was more convenient to me. Krishna is the supreme boss, and with a boss like him we can be anywhere, doing anything.

However this is just my opinion and experience.

We will never derive any satisfaction or fulfillment from anything, but only from Lord. He is the sole incharge of giving satisfaction, and he will give when he thinks would be write for us.

REgards,

Yogesh

---------

Normally people stick to their present situation without thinking or exploring alternatives. We should understand that our pains and sorrows are to be tackled by ourselves only. UDHARETAATMANAATMANAM. We have to awaken ourself. We must not think that somebody with some divine power will come to us and solve all our problems. It is the Jiv (oneself) who has to think beyond the present limitations.

vijayanji

---------

On 6/17/07, Pratap Bhatt <pratapbhatt wrote:

Dear Sadhakas, Namste!It is possible that the job may not provide enoughchallenges, or match aspirations of a person. One hasto ask sincerely to oneself, " is it true, I amoverqualified for this job and getting bored? " If the

answer is Yes, then by all means one should look forthe better opportunity. Looking for anotheropprotunity is the only thing person can do(Gita saysKarmanyevadhikaraste, Ma faleshu kadachan). Until one

finds such a job, why does one go through agony? Itdoesn't help to inflict suffering upon one. The onlyissue to be addressed here is to find another job anduntil then I will do with the best of my ability this

job, and above all not suffer. God has put me in thissituation. Such understanding brings devotion, trustin GOd and mind gets satisfaction, and in that findshappiness in whatever is at hand!The agony, feeling of getting stuck, results only from

our expectations/desires to want what we consider inour best interest. It is never in the job itself! Anyobject, circumstances doesn't have power in itselfunless we give it to make us unhappy!And finally these expectations may be more than likely

due to not getting recognition, promotion, and israrely due to boredom or not challenging enough! Onedo need such expectations but before doing karmas. Gita doesn't say not to expect the results, rather it

teaches to accept with happiness! The results is notin our control because our action is only one ofsevaral inputs required to obtain the results! Theresult is always in the benefits of all partiesinvolved including ourselves!

Namaskar!.....Pratap------------------------- This is my humble opinion. I understand what you may be feeling. It is ok eventhough you talk about worldy issue here. Gita/Spirituality helps you making each and every mundane thing in life into divine. That way, we will enjoy every moment that is given to us. Gita explains us(based on our own understanding), that do not worry much about past or present even though it is ok to plan for the future. But remember it is the PRESENT that is more important. Sometimes, we may feel confused about what to do when we are stuck in between making or taking decisions.

Remember these words of Bhagavadgita: " Sarva dharman parityagya, mamekam saram vraja, aham twa sarva paphebhyo, mokhya ikshami mashuchaha. " Lord Krishna says: Surrender everything onto ME and do your duty and you will be relieved of all your sins. Have the complete trust in God that HE is there and once u surrender to HIM, you need not have to worry about anything. You need not fight for urself too. God will fight your battles for you. But again, it may be difficult to think like that suddenly..so, try to analyse slowly what God is trying to tell in Gita and it will be useful. Another way of looking at life is: You are mentioning about Job not giving u satisfaction ? remember that you have many thing to be Thankful to God rather than about Job. Many people do not even have a job to complain about. Also, when u mentioned in ur statement that due to issues at homefront, u could not take a decision..that means u have a family who u worry about or family who worries about you. Many people in this world are alone not having family. If you magnify the things you have, the things u do not have seem to be very very tiny. Regarding the dissatisfaction etc..everything is in the mind. it depends on how you train ur mind to think what it has rather than not what it does not have.There are many beautiful verses in Gita which will definitely make you understand and analyse that life is wonderful and cherish each and every moment that comes your way. Also, when u are working, do not think too much about what you are getting out of it. DO not worry much about the output whether u are getting satisfied or not.once u let go of the fruits of actions, then life becomes one wonderful journey. Do not wait to be happy till u get another job which makes u satisfied. Be happy HERE and NOW and no wrong in searching what you want.

Also, I hope these things may help you too.If u make a list of whatever your desires were, you will see that most of the desires would have been fulfilled but still we worry. the reason is that, we think we will be happy when we get certain things but happiness is not lying outside where the desires are fulfilled, it is at the mental level of understanding. Once u understand this (with the help of Gita), then ur happiness will not depend of any external object. It does not mean you do not work..but the attitude with which u do your job (any job for that matter) will be wonderful and you feel happy within yourself too. Also, please do not compare yourself with anyone. God created u as unique and special like everyone else. You lead the life which u feel happy within urself.

All the best again. Take ONE day at a time and do not worry too much about anything. KEEP trying to get whatever you want but holding onto that GOD/SUPREME which will make u realize slowly that happiness is inside of your own self.

Regards,Bharathi.------------------------- Yes, not only this particular problem, but most of the problems of life can also be solved by spirituality if undertaken with full faith and in right earnest. The difficulties can be of varied nature like say, chronic pain in a particular part of body, untimely death of near and dear ones, skin rash, financial ruin, unemployment, paraplegic handicapped children, career problems, chronic illnesses, cancer, inability to have children, sleep paralysis, slow learners, incorrect decision, stresses and strains at home and office, so on and so on. Most of us are not aware that the spiritual factors are the root cause of 80% of our difficulties in life. We are not aware of this spiritual dimension because the spiritual factors are beyond the understanding of our five senses, mind and intellect. Whether a particular difficulty has a spiritual root cause along with its details can be known for sure only through the medium of a highly activated sixth sense. Ignorance about the existence of the spiritual dimension and knowing its role in our difficulties will frustrate attempts to fully overcome the difficulties.

As the subject is too big to be covered in a single session, I will address in future emails. I am sure you will get answer to your question of dissatisfaction at job. Gurucharania.d. tapkire------------------------- --- sadhak_insight <sadhak_insight

> wrote:> Dear sadhak,> > I am raising more of a worldly issue here.> > How does one cope with dissatisfaction faced at> professional job > front? When one finds that the job does not match

> his > intellectual / knowledge potential. He is also not> in a position to > change his job due to various factors at home front.> I am in a > constant state of agony and pain due to this mental

> state.> > I wanted to know, how will spiritualism / Gita help> me in this > matter. Can you help me resolve this painful issue?> > thanks> > Sundeep Gupta

> > FROM THE MODERATOR> The following are the guidelines for Gita-Talk> discussions.> > 1. Purpose of the group is to help Sadhaks clarify> their doubts> related to Gita shlokas. For responses to be posted,

> they must> further clarify the understanding of Gitaji.> 2. Wherever possible, please quote Gitaji or other> scriptures to> substantiate the response> 3. Please limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs

> etc.> 4. Kindly make your responses concise and to the> point. (Up to> twenty line maximum, if possible).> 5. Please limit discussions to subject at hand.> 6. Please do not include links to other sites or

> other> organizations> 7. Please do not include your personal information> such as phone> number, address etc.> 8. Kindly do not address the response to a> particular individual,

> since the message is going to the entire group.> 9. Due to a large readership, not all responses will> be posted.> 10. Moderator at his discretion, may modify the> posting, if> content is unclear or not appropriate for

> distribution to the group.> > MODERATOR> Ram Ram

Guest guest

Surrender everything onto ME and do your duty and you will be relieved of all your sins......Have complete trust in God that HE is there and once u surrender to HIM, you need not have to worry about anything. You need not fight for urself too. God will fight your battles for you. This is a wonderful reminder and is the key to success. Some Christian corolary to this can be found in th efollowing Bible verses. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understading. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and he will make your path straight. Proverbs 3:4 & 5 and "Humble thyself in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up." James 4:10

Tim Somers

-------------- Original message -------------- Pratap Bhatt <pratapbhatt

Dear Sadhakas, Namste!It is possible that the job may not provide enoughchallenges, or match aspirations of a person. One hasto ask sincerely to oneself, "is it true, I amoverqualified for this job and getting bored?" If theanswer is Yes, then by all means one should look forthe better opportunity. Looking for anotheropprotunity is the only thing person can do(Gita saysKarmanyevadhikaraste, Ma faleshu kadachan). Until onefinds such a job, why does one go through agony? Itdoesn't help to inflict suffering upon one. The onlyissue to be addressed here is to find another job anduntil then I will do with the best of my ability thisjob, and above all not suffer. God has put me in thissituation. Such understanding brings devotion, trustin GOd and mind gets satisfaction, and in that findshappiness in whatever is at hand!The agony, feeling of getting stuck, results only fromour expectations/desires to w

ant what we consider inour best interest. It is never in the job itself! Anyobject, circumstances doesn't have power in itselfunless we give it to make us unhappy!And finally these expectations may be more than likelydue to not getting recognition, promotion, and israrely due to boredom or not challenging enough! Onedo need such expectations but before doing karmas. Gita doesn't say not to expect the results, rather itteaches to accept with happiness! The results is notin our control because our action is only one ofsevaral inputs required to obtain the results! Theresult is always in the benefits of all partiesinvolved including ourselves!Namaskar!.....Pratap------------------------- This is my humble opinion. I understand what you may be feeling. It is ok eventhough you talk about worldy issue here. Gita/Spirituality helps you making each

and every mundane thing in life into divine. That way, we will enjoy every moment that is given to us. Gita explains us(based on our own understanding), that do not worry much about past or present even though it is ok to plan for the future. But remember it is the PRESENT that is more important. Sometimes, we may feel confused about what to do when we are stuck in between making or taking decisions.Remember these words of Bhagavadgita: "Sarva dharman parityagya, mamekam saram vraja, aham twa sarva paphebhyo, mokhya ikshami mashuchaha." Lord Krishna says: Surrender everything onto ME and do your duty and you will be relieved of all your sins. Have the complete trust in God that HE is there and once u surrender to HIM, you need not have to worry about anything. You need not fight for urself too. God will fight your battles for you. But again, it may be difficult to think like that suddenly..so, try to analyse slowly what God is trying to tell in Gita and it wil

l be useful. Another way of looking at life is: You are mentioning about Job not giving u satisfaction ? remember that you have many thing to be Thankful to God rather than about Job. Many people do not even have a job to complain about. Also, when u mentioned in ur statement that due to issues at homefront, u could not take a decision..that means u have a family who u worry about or family who worries about you. Many people in this world are alone not having family. If you magnify the things you have, the things u do not have seem to be very very tiny. Regarding the dissatisfaction etc..everything is in the mind. it depends on how you train ur mind to think what it has rather than not what it does not have.There are many beautiful verses in Gita which will definitely make you understand and analyse that life is wonderful and cherish each and every moment that comes your way. Also, when u are working, do not think too much about what you are getting out of i

t. DO not worry much about the output whether u are getting satisfied or not.once u let go of the fruits of actions, then life becomes one wonderful journey. Do not wait to be happy till u get another job which makes u satisfied. Be happy HERE and NOW and no wrong in searching what you want.Also, I hope these things may help you too.If u make a list of whatever your desires were, you will see that most of the desires would have been fulfilled but still we worry. the reason is that, we think we will be happy when we get certain things but happiness is not lying outside where the desires are fulfilled, it is at the mental level of understanding. Once u understand this (with the help of Gita), then ur happiness will not depend of any external object. It does not mean you do not work..but the attitude with which u do your job (any job for that matter) will be wonderful and you feel happy within yourself too. Also, please do not compare yourself with anyone. God created u as

unique and special like everyone else. You lead the life which u feel happy within urself.All the best again. Take ONE day at a time and do not worry too much about anything. KEEP trying to get whatever you want but holding onto that GOD/SUPREME which will make u realize slowly that happiness is inside of your own self.Regards,Bharathi.------------------------- Yes, not only this particular problem, but most of the problems of life can also be solved by spirituality if undertaken with full faith and in right earnest. The difficulties can be of varied nature like say, chronic pain in a particular part of body, untimely death of near and dear ones, skin rash, financial ruin, unemployment, paraplegic handicapped children, career problems, chronic illnesses, cancer, inability to have children, sleep paralysis, slow learners, incorrect decision, stresses and strains at home and office, so on and so on. Most of us are not aware that the spiritual factors are the root cause of 80% of our difficulties in life. We are not aware of this spiritual dimension because the spiritual factors are beyond the understanding of our five senses, mind and intellect. Whether a particular difficulty has a spiritual root cause along with its details can be known for sure only through the medium of a highly activated sixth sense. Ignorance about the existence of the spiritual dimension and knowing its role in our difficulties will frustrate attempts to fully overcome the difficulties.As the subject is too big to be covered in a single session, I will address in future emails. I am sure you will get answer to your question of dissatisfaction at job. Gurucharania.d. tapkire------------------------- --- sadhak_insight <sadhak_insight (AT) (DOT) c

om> wrote:> Dear sadhak,> > I am raising more of a worldly issue here.> > How does one cope with dissatisfaction faced at> professional job > front? When one finds that the job does not match> his > intellectual / knowledge potential. He is also not> in a position to > change his job due to various factors at home front.> I am in a > constant state of agony and pain due to this mental> state.> > I wanted to know, how will spiritualism / Gita help> me in this > matter. Can you help me resolve this painful issue?> > thanks> > Sundeep Gupta> > FROM THE MODERATOR> The following are the guidelines for Gita-Talk> discussions.> > 1. Purpose of the group is to help Sadhaks clarify> their doubts> related to Gita shlokas. For responses to be posted,> they must>

further clarify the understanding of Gitaji.> 2. Wherever possible, please quote Gitaji or other> scriptures to> substantiate the response> 3. Please limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs> etc.> 4. Kindly make your responses concise and to the> point. (Up to> twenty line maximum, if possible).> 5. Please limit discussions to subject at hand.> 6. Please do not include links to other sites or> other> organizations> 7. Please do not include your personal information> such as phone> number, address etc.> 8. Kindly do not address the response to a> particular individual,> since the message is going to the entire group.> 9. Due to a large readership, not all responses will> be posted.> 10. Moderator at his discretion, may modify the> posting, if> content is unclear or not appropriate for> distribution to the group.> > MODERATOR> Ram Ram

Guest guest

Shree Hari Ram Ram Priya Sadhak, prashan ke liye dhanyavad! Pratapji and others have given very good replies to the question already. Swamiji Maharaj has addressed this topic in the introduction of Sadhak Sanjivini (in Hindi - first page in the book, titled - Gitaji ki Mahima): Maharajji says, there is no situation or circumstance in the world in which one cannot benefit spiritually. The reason for this - Swamiji says is that God is always present equally in all situations and circumstances. This is to say - one has to only know how to use each situation for spiritual advancement. In other words, in a painful or an unpleasant situation, let go of the expectation or desire for sukha and in a favorable situation, let go of the desire for the sukha to stay the same, instead do seva to the others. Thus by having the change in attitude, one rises above both dukha & sukha

situations and benefits immensely. Given an ordinary setting, any work after a while tends to become routine, the change in job has been recommended by Pratap Bhatt ji, but much more than the change in work setting is the attitude with which we approach the situation. Whenever we do work for someone we truly love or care about, we do the best work, we put our heart and soul into work regardless of the nature of work. The work is a burden only when we are doing the work for ourselves. But when we are able to change the attitude that everything including us belong to God only, we do work as an adoration to the Almighty. This gives joy as an side benefit regardless of the work setting. Few of the reference verses in Gitaji are: (9-27) Yat karoshi yad asnasi, yaj juhoshi dadasi

yat Yat tapasyasi kaunteya, tat kurusva madarpanam Meaning: O' son of Kunti, whatever you do, whatever you eat, whether you offer as oblation to the

sacred fire, whatever you bestow as a gift; whatever you do by the way of penance, offer it all to Me. (9-28) Subhasubhaphalair evam, moksyase karmabandhanih Samnayasyogayuktatma, vimukto mam upaiyasi Meaning: With your mind thus established in the Yoga of renunciation, you will be freed from the bonds of Karma in the shape of good and evil consequences; and freed from them, you shall attain Me. (18-46) Yatah pravrttir bhatanam, yena sarvam idam tatam svaarmana tam abhyarcya, siddhim vindati manavah Meaning: He from Whom all beings emanate and by Whom all

this pervaded, by worshipping Him through performance of his own duty, man attains perfection. With loving regards, A sadhak sadhak_insight <sadhak_insight wrote: Dear sadhak,I am raising more of a worldly issue here.How does one cope with dissatisfaction faced at professional job front? When one finds that the job does not match his intellectual / knowledge potential. He is also not in a position to change his job due to various factors at home front. I am in a constant state of agony and pain due to this mental state.I wanted to know, how will spiritualism / Gita help me in this matter. Can you help me resolve this painful issue?thanksSundeep GuptaFROM THE MODERATORThe following are the guidelines for Gita-Talk discussions.1. Purpose of the group is to help Sadhaks clarify their doubtsrelated to Gita shlokas. For responses to be

posted, they mustfurther clarify the understanding of Gitaji.2. Wherever possible, please quote Gitaji or other scriptures tosubstantiate the response3. Please limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc.4. Kindly make your responses concise and to the point. (Up totwenty line maximum, if possible).5. Please limit discussions to subject at hand.6. Please do not include links to other sites or otherorganizations7. Please do not include your personal information such as phonenumber, address etc.8. Kindly do not address the response to a particular individual,since the message is going to the entire group.9. Due to a large readership, not all responses will be posted.10. Moderator at his discretion, may modify the posting, ifcontent is unclear or not appropriate for distribution to the group.MODERATORRam Ram

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

This is my humble opinion again. For your question below.."If God is everywhere and in everything, then we should realize God in all kinds of work. Then why should we attempt to change jobs???" nbsp; Yes, that what everyone Gita and others also trying to mention here that we need NOT have to change jobs or no need to even attempt to change jobs. Each one is trying to tell this same message in a different way and different perspective based on Gita teachings and also based on each one's own perspective and experience about life. Also, I can say based on my own experience , that this understanding is not too far from actual experiences. Everything is at the mind set level and mind is very very powerful and once we know how to tune our mind, nothing is impossible. All these Gita teachings/discourses/discussions are the starting point fromthe perspective of "understanding one's own life". Life is a beautiful wonderful journey whereeventually, it is left to the person to act/behave/think in a certain way. The three basic things which are explained in vedas/upanishads..are (based on my understanding)1) listening/reading to whatever you believe in regarding whatever you feel spiritual knowledge. It can be through books/discussions/etc.. 2)thinking/understanding what you have heard or read or discussed with your knowledge of your own experience and understanding.3) Enquiry of "TRUTH" from your own understanding. This "Enquiry" is the starting step in own journey. I guess, this aspect is not limited to only one particular religion but universal message. But the way the terms/terminology used may be little different from one way to

another.you need not take anything that others say but still there is no harm in trying to understand what others say. Then, after all this, please start this "enquiry" in your own way. Please read all messages for all the participants here for your question with the attitude of 'open to everything and attached to nothing' and you will be able to understand from the different perspective and I am sure you will find the answer you are looking for in ur own heart. Regards, Bharathi -----------

sundeep gupta <sundeepgupta1 wrote: Namsakar, I was wondering if God is everywhere and in everything, then we should realize God in all kinds of work. Then why should we attempt to change jobs??? It

is my personal experience that doing job which matched your aptitude brings great satisfaction and therefore peace / happiness. The idea that one can work on any kind of work and still remain happy sounds unusual too me. It will be mere acceptance of the circumstances and NOT by will. The participants in this discussion are talking too idealistic; this is far away from experiences in actual life. regards SundeepBharathi <bh_4321 wrote: Hello mr.Pratap ji, I am trying to understand gita questions/discouses/answers and hence this message. I have this humble question for my own understanding based on your below reply that "Our attitude will change as a result of deep understanding of who we truly are, and what does it mean to serve God!". So, based on ur reply below, will it be right to understand that , since God exists everywhere and in everything, so whatever the job we are doing, if we consider that we are serving God, then it does not matter what we do, we will always have that bliss in ourself. Is this what you are trying to mention ?Can you please tell me if my understanding is right. Regards, Bharathi Pratap Bhatt <pratapbhatt > wrote: Dear Sadhakas, Namaste!Our attitude will change as a result of deepunderstanding of who we truly are, and what does itmean to serve God! Our behavior may be modified by ourefforts as a doer, but not our attitude, which is notthe result of doing something as doer, rather it isunderstanding of the doer itself! Modified behavior isof little value! Namaskar .... Pratap--- Tara Maniar <tara333 (AT) shaw (DOT) ca> wrote:> Jai Shree Krishna!!> > A truly humble sadhak! thank you so much for your> contribution. Could not be said better. > > Now the challenge! how to change the attitude with> which we approach a situation. In Meditation, we> hear the thougths of God and realize our union with> God. In union with God, all situations are joyful> for we are serving God in thougths, words and> actions.> > Sita

Raam!!> > In the Service of Humanity and Guruji> > - > Madan kaura > > Tuesday, June 19, 2007 3:32 PM> [sPAM] Re: Dissatisfaction in> Job, and Feeling of No Way Out> > > > Shree Hari> > Ram Ram> > Priya Sadhak, prashan ke liye dhanyavad! Pratapji> and others have given very good replies to the> question already.> > Swamiji Maharaj has addressed this topic in the> introduction of Sadhak Sanjivini (in Hindi - first> page in the book, titled - Gitaji ki Mahima):> > Maharajji says, there is no situation or> circumstance in the world in which one cannot> benefit spiritually. The reason for this - Swamiji> says is that God is always present

equally in all> situations and circumstances. This is to say - one> has to only know how to use each situation for> spiritual advancement. In other words, in a painful> or an unpleasant situation, let go of the> expectation or desire for sukha and in a favorable> situation, let go of the desire for the sukha to> stay the same, instead do seva to the others. Thus> by having the change in attitude, one rises above> both dukha & sukha situations and benefits> immensely. > > Given an ordinary setting, any work after a while> tends to become routine, the change in job has been> recommended by Pratap Bhatt ji, but much more than> the change in work setting is the attitude with> which we approach the situation.> > Whenever we do work for someone we truly love or> care about, we do the best work, we put our heart> and soul into work

regardless of the nature of work.> The work is a burden only when we are doing the work> for ourselves. But when we are able to change the> attitude that everything including us belong to God> only, we do work as an adoration to the Almighty.> This gives joy as an side benefit regardless of the> work setting. Few of the reference verses in Gitaji> are:> (9-27) Yat karoshi yad asnasi, yaj juhoshi dadasi> yat> Yat tapasyasi kaunteya, tat kurusva> madarpanam> Meaning: O' son of Kunti, whatever you do,> whatever you eat, whether you offer as oblation to> the sacred fire, whatever you bestow as a gift;> whatever you do by the way of penance, offer it all> to Me. > > (9-28) Subhasubhaphalair evam, moksyase> karmabandhanih> Samnayasyogayuktatma, vimukto mam> upaiyasi> Meaning: With your mind thus established in the>

Yoga of renunciation, you will be freed from the> bonds of Karma in the shape of good and evil> consequences; and freed from them, you shall attain> Me. > > (18-46) Yatah pravrttir bhatanam, yena sarvam> idam tatam> svaarmana tam abhyarcya, siddhim> vindati manavah> Meaning: He from Whom all beings emanate and by> Whom all this pervaded, by worshipping Him through> performance of his own duty, man attains perfection.> > > With loving regards,> A sadhak> > > sadhak_insight <sadhak_insight > wrote:> Dear sadhak,> > I am raising more of a worldly issue here.> > How does one cope with dissatisfaction faced at> professional job > front? When one finds that the job does not> match his > intellectual / knowledge potential. He

is also> not in a position to > change his job due to various factors at home> front. I am in a > constant state of agony and pain due to this> mental state.> > I wanted to know, how will spiritualism / Gita> help me in this > matter. Can you help me resolve this painful> issue?> > thanks> > Sundeep Gupta> > FROM THE MODERATOR> The following are the guidelines for Gita-Talk> discussions.> > 1. Purpose of the group is to help Sadhaks> clarify their doubts> related to Gita shlokas. For responses to be> posted, they must> further clarify the understanding of Gitaji.> 2. Wherever possible, please quote Gitaji or> other scriptures to> substantiate the response> 3. Please limit personal feelings, opinions,> beliefs etc.> 4. Kindly make your responses concise and to

the> point. (Up to> twenty line maximum, if possible).> 5. Please limit discussions to subject at hand.> 6. Please do not include links to other sites or> other> organizations> 7. Please do not include your personal> information such as phone> number, address etc.> 8. Kindly do not address the response to a> particular individual,> since the message is going to the entire group.> 9. Due to a large readership, not all responses> will be posted.> 10. Moderator at his discretion, may modify the> posting, if> content is unclear or not appropriate for> distribution to the group.> > MODERATOR> Ram Ram

Guest guest

To me, the RIGHT UNDERSTANDING of who I (capital I) am, I.E. SELF realisation is God realisation ! Then the question of any status i.e. doing or not doing or being done at does not affect me, thats (capital) I. Then whereever nature/God has placed me and/or I am...I am most natural ....everything comes natural to me. So changes in the job or otherwise will come and go, "I" remains calm and unshakeable. The ones who have experienced (that bliss), their whole body-language and external karmas are felt/seen touching sadhak and seeker who comes in touch with them. LOVE (selfless soul) is in us all and when revealed in its true form, a bliss...one definitely gets attracted and part of that. All those questions and/or doubts disappear in that environmental-bliss...as we go on with our lives, the changes will come and go, with our

inner-self, the real-self remains sthir=calm/peaceful/unaffected. Bharathi <bh_4321 wrote: This is my humble opinion again. For your question below.."If God is everywhere and in everything, then we should realize God in all kinds of work. Then why should we attempt to change jobs???" nbsp; Yes, that what everyone Gita and others also trying to mention here that we need NOT have to change jobs or no need to even attempt to

change jobs. Each one is trying to tell this same message in a different way and different perspective based on Gita teachings and also based on each one's own perspective and experience about life. Also, I can say based on my own experience , that this understanding is not too far from actual experiences. Everything is at the mind set level and mind is very very powerful and once we know how to tune our mind, nothing is impossible. All these Gita teachings/discourses/discussions are the starting point fromthe perspective of "understanding one's own life". Life is a beautiful wonderful journey whereeventually, it is left to the person to act/behave/think in a certain way. The three basic things which are explained in vedas/upanishads..are (based on my understanding)1) listening/reading to whatever you believe in regarding whatever you feel spiritual knowledge. It can be through books/discussions/etc..

2)thinking/understanding what you have heard or read or discussed with your knowledge of your own experience and understanding.3) Enquiry of "TRUTH" from your own understanding. This "Enquiry" is the starting step in own journey. I guess, this aspect is not limited to only one particular religion but universal message. But the way the terms/terminology used may be little different from one way to another.you need not take anything that others say but still there is no harm in trying to understand what others say. Then, after all this, please start this "enquiry" in your own way. Please read all messages for all the participants here for your question with the attitude of 'open to everything and attached to nothing' and you will be able to understand from the different perspective and I am sure you will find the answer you are looking for in ur own heart. Regards, Bharathi----------- sundeep gupta <sundeepgupta1 > wrote: Namsakar, I was wondering if God is everywhere and in everything, then we should realize God in all kinds of work. Then why should we attempt to change jobs??? It is my personal experience that doing job which matched your aptitude brings great satisfaction and therefore peace / happiness. The idea that one can work on any kind of work and still remain happy sounds unusual too me. It will be mere acceptance of the circumstances and NOT by will. The participants in this discussion are talking too idealistic; this is far away from experiences in

actual life. regards SundeepBharathi <bh_4321 > wrote: Hello mr.Pratap ji, I am trying to understand gita questions/discouses/answers and hence this message. I have this humble question for my own understanding based on your below reply that "Our attitude will change as a result of deep understanding of who we truly are, and what does it mean to serve God!". So, based on ur reply below, will it be right to understand that , since God exists everywhere and in everything, so whatever the job we are doing, if we consider that we are serving God, then it does not matter what we do, we will always have that bliss in ourself. Is this what you are trying to mention ?Can you please tell me if my understanding is right. Regards, Bharathi Pratap Bhatt <pratapbhatt > wrote: Dear Sadhakas, Namaste!Our attitude will change as a result of deepunderstanding of who we truly are, and what does itmean to serve God! Our behavior may be modified by ourefforts as a doer, but not our attitude, which is notthe result of doing something as doer, rather it isunderstanding of the doer itself! Modified behavior isof little value! Namaskar .... Pratap--- Tara Maniar <tara333 (AT) shaw (DOT) ca> wrote:> Jai Shree Krishna!!> > A truly humble sadhak! thank you so much for your> contribution. Could not be said better. > > Now the challenge! how to change the attitude with> which

we approach a situation. In Meditation, we> hear the thougths of God and realize our union with> God. In union with God, all situations are joyful> for we are serving God in thougths, words and> actions.> > Sita Raam!!> > In the Service of Humanity and Guruji> > - > Madan kaura > > Tuesday, June 19, 2007 3:32 PM> [sPAM] Re: Dissatisfaction in> Job, and Feeling of No Way Out> > > > Shree Hari> > Ram Ram> > Priya Sadhak, prashan ke liye dhanyavad! Pratapji> and others have given very good replies to the> question already.> > Swamiji Maharaj has addressed this topic in the> introduction of Sadhak Sanjivini (in Hindi - first> page in

the book, titled - Gitaji ki Mahima):> > Maharajji says, there is no situation or> circumstance in the world in which one cannot> benefit spiritually. The reason for this - Swamiji> says is that God is always present equally in all> situations and circumstances. This is to say - one> has to only know how to use each situation for> spiritual advancement. In other words, in a painful> or an unpleasant situation, let go of the> expectation or desire for sukha and in a favorable> situation, let go of the desire for the sukha to> stay the same, instead do seva to the others. Thus> by having the change in attitude, one rises above> both dukha & sukha situations and benefits> immensely. > > Given an ordinary setting, any work after a while> tends to become routine, the change in job has been> recommended by Pratap Bhatt ji, but much more

than> the change in work setting is the attitude with> which we approach the situation.> > Whenever we do work for someone we truly love or> care about, we do the best work, we put our heart> and soul into work regardless of the nature of work.> The work is a burden only when we are doing the work> for ourselves. But when we are able to change the> attitude that everything including us belong to God> only, we do work as an adoration to the Almighty.> This gives joy as an side benefit regardless of the> work setting. Few of the reference verses in Gitaji> are:> (9-27) Yat karoshi yad asnasi, yaj juhoshi dadasi> yat> Yat tapasyasi kaunteya, tat kurusva> madarpanam> Meaning: O' son of Kunti, whatever you do,> whatever you eat, whether you offer as oblation to> the sacred fire, whatever you bestow as a gift;> whatever you do by the

way of penance, offer it all> to Me. > > (9-28) Subhasubhaphalair evam, moksyase> karmabandhanih> Samnayasyogayuktatma, vimukto mam> upaiyasi> Meaning: With your mind thus established in the> Yoga of renunciation, you will be freed from the> bonds of Karma in the shape of good and evil> consequences; and freed from them, you shall attain> Me. > > (18-46) Yatah pravrttir bhatanam, yena sarvam> idam tatam> svaarmana tam abhyarcya, siddhim> vindati manavah> Meaning: He from Whom all beings emanate and by> Whom all this pervaded, by worshipping Him through> performance of his own duty, man attains perfection.> > > With loving regards,> A sadhak> > > sadhak_insight <sadhak_insight > wrote:> Dear sadhak,> >

I am raising more of a worldly issue here.> > How does one cope with dissatisfaction faced at> professional job > front? When one finds that the job does not> match his > intellectual / knowledge potential. He is also> not in a position to > change his job due to various factors at home> front. I am in a > constant state of agony and pain due to this> mental state.> > I wanted to know, how will spiritualism / Gita> help me in this > matter. Can you help me resolve this painful> issue?> > thanks> > Sundeep Gupta> > FROM THE MODERATOR> The following are the guidelines for Gita-Talk> discussions.> > 1. Purpose of the group is to help Sadhaks> clarify their doubts> related to Gita shlokas. For responses to be> posted, they must> further clarify the understanding of

Gitaji.> 2. Wherever possible, please quote Gitaji or> other scriptures to> substantiate the response> 3. Please limit personal feelings, opinions,> beliefs etc.> 4. Kindly make your responses concise and to the> point. (Up to> twenty line maximum, if possible).> 5. Please limit discussions to subject at hand.> 6. Please do not include links to other sites or> other> organizations> 7. Please do not include your personal> information such as phone> number, address etc.> 8. Kindly do not address the response to a> particular individual,> since the message is going to the entire group.> 9. Due to a large readership, not all responses> will be posted.> 10. Moderator at his discretion, may modify the> posting, if> content is unclear or not appropriate for> distribution to the group.> >

MODERATOR> Ram Ram