IndiaDivine.org

[SPAM] Dissatisfaction in Job, and Feeling of No Way Out

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Jai Shree Krishna!!

A truly humble sadhak! thank you so much for your contribution. Could not be said better.

Now the challenge! how to change the attitude with which we approach a situation. In Meditation, we hear the thougths of God and realize our union with God. In union with God, all situations are joyful for we are serving God in thougths, words and actions.

Sita Raam!!

In the Service of Humanity and Guruji

--

Dear Sadhakas, Namaste!

Gita verse paraphrased - Yogeshu Karmakaushalam.... While staying put

in the current situation, considering it as God's grace who knows better for me to serve my(god-given)talents, my family, my company, etc. through this job, one developes happy and joyous attitude free from dependency on any external situation. One will know for sure satisfaction or dissatisfaction are not in the Job itself but within me.

Namaskar.....Pratap

Message shortened by Moderator ---

-

Madan kaura

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 3:32 PM

[sPAM] Re: Dissatisfaction in Job, and Feeling of No Way Out

Shree Hari

Ram Ram

Priya Sadhak, prashan ke liye dhanyavad! Pratapji and others have given very good replies to the question already.

Swamiji Maharaj has addressed this topic in the introduction of Sadhak Sanjivini (in Hindi - first page in the book, titled - Gitaji ki Mahima):

Maharajji says, there is no situation or circumstance in the world in which one cannot benefit spiritually. The reason for this - Swamiji says is that God is always present equally in all situations and circumstances. This is to say - one has to only know how to use each situation for spiritual advancement. In other words, in a painful or an unpleasant situation, let go of the expectation or desire for sukha and in a favorable situation, let go of the desire for the sukha to stay the same, instead do seva to the others. Thus by having the change in attitude, one rises above both dukha & sukha situations and benefits immensely.

Given an ordinary setting, any work after a while tends to become routine, the change in job has been recommended by Pratap Bhatt ji, but much more than the change in work setting is the attitude with which we approach the situation.

Whenever we do work for someone we truly love or care about, we do the best work, we put our heart and soul into work regardless of the nature of work. The work is a burden only when we are doing the work for ourselves. But when we are able to change the attitude that everything including us belong to God only, we do work as an adoration to the Almighty. This gives joy as an side benefit regardless of the work setting. Few of the reference verses in Gitaji are:

(9-27) Yat karoshi yad asnasi, yaj juhoshi dadasi yat

Yat tapasyasi kaunteya, tat kurusva madarpanam

Meaning: O' son of Kunti, whatever you do, whatever you eat, whether you offer as oblation to the sacred fire, whatever you bestow as a gift; whatever you do by the way of penance, offer it all to Me.

(9-28) Subhasubhaphalair evam, moksyase karmabandhanih

Samnayasyogayuktatma, vimukto mam upaiyasi

Meaning: With your mind thus established in the Yoga of renunciation, you will be freed from the bonds of Karma in the shape of good and evil consequences; and freed from them, you shall attain Me.

(18-46) Yatah pravrttir bhatanam, yena sarvam idam tatam

svaarmana tam abhyarcya, siddhim vindati manavah

Meaning: He from Whom all beings emanate and by Whom all this pervaded, by worshipping Him through performance of his own duty, man attains perfection.

With loving regards,

A sadhak

sadhak_insight <sadhak_insight > wrote:

Dear sadhak,I am raising more of a worldly issue here.How does one cope with dissatisfaction faced at professional job front? When one finds that the job does not match his intellectual / knowledge potential. He is also not in a position to change his job due to various factors at home front. I am in a constant state of agony and pain due to this mental state.I wanted to know, how will spiritualism / Gita help me in this matter. Can you help me resolve this painful issue?thanksSundeep GuptaFROM THE MODERATORThe following are the guidelines for Gita-Talk discussions.1. Purpose of the group is to help Sadhaks clarify their doubtsrelated to Gita shlokas. For responses to be posted, they mustfurther clarify the understanding of Gitaji.2. Wherever possible, please quote Gitaji or other scriptures tosubstantiate the response3. Please limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc.4. Kindly make your responses concise and to the point. (Up totwenty line maximum, if possible).5. Please limit discussions to subject at hand.6. Please do not include links to other sites or otherorganizations7. Please do not include your personal information such as phonenumber, address etc.8. Kindly do not address the response to a particular individual,since the message is going to the entire group.9. Due to a large readership, not all responses will be posted.10. Moderator at his discretion, may modify the posting, ifcontent is unclear or not appropriate for distribution to the group.MODERATORRam Ram

Guest guest

Dear Sadhakas, Namaste!

Our attitude will change as a result of deep

understanding of who we truly are, and what does it

mean to serve God! Our behavior may be modified by our

efforts as a doer, but not our attitude, which is not

the result of doing something as doer, rather it is

understanding of the doer itself! Modified behavior is

of little value!

Namaskar .... Pratap

--- Tara Maniar <tara333 wrote:

> Jai Shree Krishna!!

>

> A truly humble sadhak! thank you so much for your

> contribution. Could not be said better.

>

> Now the challenge! how to change the attitude with

> which we approach a situation. In Meditation, we

> hear the thougths of God and realize our union with

> God. In union with God, all situations are joyful

> for we are serving God in thougths, words and

> actions.

>

> Sita Raam!!

>

> In the Service of Humanity and Guruji

>

> -

> Madan kaura

>

> Tuesday, June 19, 2007 3:32 PM

> [sPAM] Re: Dissatisfaction in

> Job, and Feeling of No Way Out

>

>

>

> Shree Hari

>

> Ram Ram

>

> Priya Sadhak, prashan ke liye dhanyavad! Pratapji

> and others have given very good replies to the

> question already.

>

> Swamiji Maharaj has addressed this topic in the

> introduction of Sadhak Sanjivini (in Hindi - first

> page in the book, titled - Gitaji ki Mahima):

>

> Maharajji says, there is no situation or

> circumstance in the world in which one cannot

> benefit spiritually. The reason for this - Swamiji

> says is that God is always present equally in all

> situations and circumstances. This is to say - one

> has to only know how to use each situation for

> spiritual advancement. In other words, in a painful

> or an unpleasant situation, let go of the

> expectation or desire for sukha and in a favorable

> situation, let go of the desire for the sukha to

> stay the same, instead do seva to the others. Thus

> by having the change in attitude, one rises above

> both dukha & sukha situations and benefits

> immensely.

>

> Given an ordinary setting, any work after a while

> tends to become routine, the change in job has been

> recommended by Pratap Bhatt ji, but much more than

> the change in work setting is the attitude with

> which we approach the situation.

>

> Whenever we do work for someone we truly love or

> care about, we do the best work, we put our heart

> and soul into work regardless of the nature of work.

> The work is a burden only when we are doing the work

> for ourselves. But when we are able to change the

> attitude that everything including us belong to God

> only, we do work as an adoration to the Almighty.

> This gives joy as an side benefit regardless of the

> work setting. Few of the reference verses in Gitaji

> are:

> (9-27) Yat karoshi yad asnasi, yaj juhoshi dadasi

> yat

> Yat tapasyasi kaunteya, tat kurusva

> madarpanam

> Meaning: O' son of Kunti, whatever you do,

> whatever you eat, whether you offer as oblation to

> the sacred fire, whatever you bestow as a gift;

> whatever you do by the way of penance, offer it all

> to Me.

>

> (9-28) Subhasubhaphalair evam, moksyase

> karmabandhanih

> Samnayasyogayuktatma, vimukto mam

> upaiyasi

> Meaning: With your mind thus established in the

> Yoga of renunciation, you will be freed from the

> bonds of Karma in the shape of good and evil

> consequences; and freed from them, you shall attain

> Me.

>

> (18-46) Yatah pravrttir bhatanam, yena sarvam

> idam tatam

> svaarmana tam abhyarcya, siddhim

> vindati manavah

> Meaning: He from Whom all beings emanate and by

> Whom all this pervaded, by worshipping Him through

> performance of his own duty, man attains perfection.

>

>

> With loving regards,

> A sadhak

>

>

> sadhak_insight <sadhak_insight wrote:

> Dear sadhak,

>

> I am raising more of a worldly issue here.

>

> How does one cope with dissatisfaction faced at

> professional job

> front? When one finds that the job does not

> match his

> intellectual / knowledge potential. He is also

> not in a position to

> change his job due to various factors at home

> front. I am in a

> constant state of agony and pain due to this

> mental state.

>

> I wanted to know, how will spiritualism / Gita

> help me in this

> matter. Can you help me resolve this painful

> issue?

>

> thanks

>

> Sundeep Gupta

>

> FROM THE MODERATOR

> The following are the guidelines for Gita-Talk

> discussions.

>

> 1. Purpose of the group is to help Sadhaks

> clarify their doubts

> related to Gita shlokas. For responses to be

> posted, they must

> further clarify the understanding of Gitaji.

> 2. Wherever possible, please quote Gitaji or

> other scriptures to

> substantiate the response

> 3. Please limit personal feelings, opinions,

> beliefs etc.

> 4. Kindly make your responses concise and to the

> point. (Up to

> twenty line maximum, if possible).

> 5. Please limit discussions to subject at hand.

> 6. Please do not include links to other sites or

> other

> organizations

> 7. Please do not include your personal

> information such as phone

> number, address etc.

> 8. Kindly do not address the response to a

> particular individual,

> since the message is going to the entire group.

> 9. Due to a large readership, not all responses

> will be posted.

> 10. Moderator at his discretion, may modify the

> posting, if

> content is unclear or not appropriate for

> distribution to the group.

>

> MODERATOR

> Ram Ram

Guest guest

Shree Hari Ram Ram To be able to change our attitude we are blessed by His grace with the following - . We are free,

independent, capable and have the choice of pursuing whatsoever we set our mind to achieve. . It simply depends on our own free will, how badly we want to do something, how important it is to us? What is our priority? . The option of praying to God is available to us

if we are convinced the task is beyond us. . Nothing new needs to be done, continue doing what we do but with a fresh outlook, as the the Drishti is changed, the Srishti will be changed too since the world outside is nothing but projection of our own mind (Jagat ko jiva ne hi dharan kar rakha hai). Pls. refer to Gita Probhodini for the commentary of the following Gita verses – Verse (7-4 & 5): bhumirapo 'nalo vayuh kham mano budhireva ca ahankara itiyam me bhinna prakrtirastadha apare 'ym itas tv anyamam, prakrtim vidhi me param jivabhuam mahabaho, yaye 'dam dharyate jagat Meaning: Earth, water, fire, air, ether, mind, intellect, ego - these constitute My nature (prakriti) eightfold divided. This is My lower (insentient) nature; but different from it, O mighty armed (Arjuna), is My higher (sentient) nature - the life -element (Jiva), by which this universe is sustained. Ram Ram With loving regards, A sadhka Tara Maniar <tara333 wrote: Jai Shree Krishna!! A truly humble sadhak! thank you so much for your

contribution. Could not be said better. Now the challenge! how to change the attitude with which we approach a situation. In Meditation, we hear the thougths of God and realize our union with God. In union with God, all situations are joyful for we are serving God in thougths, words and actions. Sita Raam!! In the Service of Humanity and Guruji -- Dear Sadhakas, Namaste! Gita verse paraphrased - Yogeshu Karmakaushalam.... While staying put in the current situation, considering it as God's grace who knows better for me to serve my(god-given)talents, my family, my company, etc. through this job, one developes happy and joyous attitude free from dependency on any external situation. One

will know for sure satisfaction or dissatisfaction are not in the Job itself but within me. Namaskar.....Pratap Message shortened by Moderator --- - Madan kaura Tuesday, June 19, 2007 3:32 PM [sPAM] Re: Dissatisfaction in Job, and Feeling of No Way Out Shree Hari Ram Ram Priya Sadhak, prashan ke liye dhanyavad! Pratapji and others have given very good replies to the question already. Swamiji Maharaj has addressed this topic in the introduction of Sadhak

Sanjivini (in Hindi - first page in the book, titled - Gitaji ki Mahima): Maharajji says, there is no situation or circumstance in the world in which one cannot benefit spiritually. The reason for this - Swamiji says is that God is always present equally in all situations and circumstances. This is to say - one has to only know how to use each situation for spiritual advancement. In other words, in a painful or an unpleasant situation, let go of the expectation or desire for sukha and in a favorable situation, let go of the desire for the sukha to stay the same, instead do seva to the others. Thus by having the change in attitude, one rises above both dukha & sukha

situations and benefits immensely. Given an ordinary setting, any work after a while tends to become routine, the change in job has been recommended by Pratap Bhatt ji, but much more than the change in work setting is the attitude with which we approach the situation. Whenever we do work for someone we truly love or care about, we do the best work, we put our heart and soul into work regardless of the nature of work. The work is a burden only when we are doing the work for ourselves. But when we are able to

change the attitude that everything including us belong to God only, we do work as an adoration to the Almighty. This gives joy as an side benefit regardless of the work setting. Few of the reference verses in Gitaji are: (9-27) Yat karoshi yad asnasi, yaj juhoshi dadasi yat Yat tapasyasi kaunteya, tat kurusva madarpanam Meaning: O' son of Kunti, whatever you do, whatever you eat, whether you offer as oblation to the sacred fire, whatever you bestow as a gift; whatever you do by the way of penance, offer it all to Me. (9-28) Subhasubhaphalair evam, moksyase karmabandhanih Samnayasyogayuktatma, vimukto mam upaiyasi Meaning: With your mind thus established in the Yoga of renunciation, you will be freed from the bonds of Karma in the shape of good and evil consequences; and freed from them, you shall attain Me. (18-46) Yatah pravrttir bhatanam, yena sarvam idam tatam svaarmana tam abhyarcya, siddhim vindati manavah Meaning: He from Whom all beings emanate and by Whom all this pervaded, by worshipping Him through performance of his own duty, man attains perfection. With loving regards, A sadhak sadhak_insight <sadhak_insight > wrote: Dear sadhak,I am raising more of a worldly issue here.How does one cope with dissatisfaction faced at professional job

front? When one finds that the job does not match his intellectual / knowledge potential. He is also not in a position to change his job due to various factors at home front. I am in a constant state of agony and pain due to this mental state.I wanted to know, how will spiritualism / Gita help me in this matter. Can you help me resolve this painful issue?thanksSundeep GuptaFROM THE MODERATORThe following are the guidelines for Gita-Talk discussions.1. Purpose of the group is to help Sadhaks clarify their doubtsrelated to Gita shlokas. For responses to be posted, they mustfurther clarify the understanding of Gitaji.2. Wherever possible, please quote Gitaji or other scriptures tosubstantiate the response3. Please limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc.4. Kindly make your responses concise and to the point. (Up totwenty line maximum, if possible).5. Please limit discussions

to subject at hand.6. Please do not include links to other sites or otherorganizations7. Please do not include your personal information such as phonenumber, address etc.8. Kindly do not address the response to a particular individual,since the message is going to the entire group.9. Due to a large readership, not all responses will be posted.10. Moderator at his discretion, may modify the posting, ifcontent is unclear or not appropriate for distribution to the group.MODERATORRam Ram

Get the free toolbar and rest assured with the added security of spyware protection.

Guest guest

Hello mr.Pratap ji, I am trying to understand gita questions/discouses/answers and hence this message. I have this humble question for my own understanding based on your below reply that "Our attitude will change as a result of deep understanding of who we truly are, and what does it mean to serve God!". So, based on ur reply below, will it be right to understand that , since God exists everywhere and in everything, so whatever the job we are doing, if we consider that we are serving God, then it does not matter what we do, we will always have that bliss in ourself. Is this what you are trying to mention ?Can you please tell me if my understanding is right. Regards, Bharathi Pratap Bhatt <pratapbhatt wrote: Dear Sadhakas, Namaste!Our attitude will change as a result of deepunderstanding of who we truly are, and what does itmean to serve God! Our behavior may be modified by ourefforts as a doer, but not our attitude, which is notthe result of doing something as doer, rather it isunderstanding of the doer itself! Modified behavior isof little value! Namaskar .... Pratap--- Tara Maniar <tara333 (AT) shaw (DOT) ca> wrote:> Jai Shree Krishna!!> > A truly humble sadhak! thank you so much for your> contribution. Could not be said better. > > Now the challenge!

how to change the attitude with> which we approach a situation. In Meditation, we> hear the thougths of God and realize our union with> God. In union with God, all situations are joyful> for we are serving God in thougths, words and> actions.> > Sita Raam!!> > In the Service of Humanity and Guruji> > - > Madan kaura > > Tuesday, June 19, 2007 3:32 PM> [sPAM] Re: Dissatisfaction in> Job, and Feeling of No Way Out> > > > Shree Hari> > Ram Ram> > Priya Sadhak, prashan ke liye dhanyavad! Pratapji> and others have given very good replies to the> question already.> > Swamiji Maharaj has addressed this topic in the> introduction of Sadhak

Sanjivini (in Hindi - first> page in the book, titled - Gitaji ki Mahima):> > Maharajji says, there is no situation or> circumstance in the world in which one cannot> benefit spiritually. The reason for this - Swamiji> says is that God is always present equally in all> situations and circumstances. This is to say - one> has to only know how to use each situation for> spiritual advancement. In other words, in a painful> or an unpleasant situation, let go of the> expectation or desire for sukha and in a favorable> situation, let go of the desire for the sukha to> stay the same, instead do seva to the others. Thus> by having the change in attitude, one rises above> both dukha & sukha situations and benefits> immensely. > > Given an ordinary setting, any work after a while> tends to become routine, the change in job has been>

recommended by Pratap Bhatt ji, but much more than> the change in work setting is the attitude with> which we approach the situation.> > Whenever we do work for someone we truly love or> care about, we do the best work, we put our heart> and soul into work regardless of the nature of work.> The work is a burden only when we are doing the work> for ourselves. But when we are able to change the> attitude that everything including us belong to God> only, we do work as an adoration to the Almighty.> This gives joy as an side benefit regardless of the> work setting. Few of the reference verses in Gitaji> are:> (9-27) Yat karoshi yad asnasi, yaj juhoshi dadasi> yat> Yat tapasyasi kaunteya, tat kurusva> madarpanam> Meaning: O' son of Kunti, whatever you do,> whatever you eat, whether you offer as oblation to> the sacred fire, whatever you

bestow as a gift;> whatever you do by the way of penance, offer it all> to Me. > > (9-28) Subhasubhaphalair evam, moksyase> karmabandhanih> Samnayasyogayuktatma, vimukto mam> upaiyasi> Meaning: With your mind thus established in the> Yoga of renunciation, you will be freed from the> bonds of Karma in the shape of good and evil> consequences; and freed from them, you shall attain> Me. > > (18-46) Yatah pravrttir bhatanam, yena sarvam> idam tatam> svaarmana tam abhyarcya, siddhim> vindati manavah> Meaning: He from Whom all beings emanate and by> Whom all this pervaded, by worshipping Him through> performance of his own duty, man attains perfection.> > > With loving regards,> A sadhak> > > sadhak_insight <sadhak_insight > wrote:> Dear sadhak,> > I am raising more of a worldly issue here.> > How does one cope with dissatisfaction faced at> professional job > front? When one finds that the job does not> match his > intellectual / knowledge potential. He is also> not in a position to > change his job due to various factors at home> front. I am in a > constant state of agony and pain due to this> mental state.> > I wanted to know, how will spiritualism / Gita> help me in this > matter. Can you help me resolve this painful> issue?> > thanks> > Sundeep Gupta> > FROM THE MODERATOR> The following are the guidelines for Gita-Talk> discussions.> > 1. Purpose of the group is to help Sadhaks> clarify their

doubts> related to Gita shlokas. For responses to be> posted, they must> further clarify the understanding of Gitaji.> 2. Wherever possible, please quote Gitaji or> other scriptures to> substantiate the response> 3. Please limit personal feelings, opinions,> beliefs etc.> 4. Kindly make your responses concise and to the> point. (Up to> twenty line maximum, if possible).> 5. Please limit discussions to subject at hand.> 6. Please do not include links to other sites or> other> organizations> 7. Please do not include your personal> information such as phone> number, address etc.> 8. Kindly do not address the response to a> particular individual,> since the message is going to the entire group.> 9. Due to a large readership, not all responses> will be posted.> 10. Moderator at his discretion, may modify

the> posting, if> content is unclear or not appropriate for> distribution to the group.> > MODERATOR> Ram Ram