to the hell because they destroy the soul and as such should be

given up.

Desires, anger and greed creates hell in this life and whenever

anyone of the above is active in our life we feel suffering of

hell. Whenever anyone of the above takes possession of us, we are

not in a position to think clearly.

Understanding of the presence of kama, krodh and lobh in our life

and the supportive structure built for their nourishment will enable

us to start process of giving up the same.

Desires –basic question to be asked is `what do we want and why do

we want'. One has to observe and find out what desires creates hell

and what desires create heaven.

Anger-owning up responsibility for anger is the first step. Saying I

became angry instead of he/she made me angry. Recognizing everyone

has perfect logic for whatever they are doing as I have my own logic

is the second step. Third step will be to understand our prime duty

is to be happy and not to do any thing which creates unhappiness in

our life.

Best antidote for anger is practicing forgiveness-I forgive now,

unconditionally and completely.

Greed –greed is mostly hidden and not apparent in day to day life.

Greed wants more for unknown reasons and links the requirement with

something unconnected or vague objective. Close introspection will

reveal our greed. Greed thrives on insecurity, illogical

justification and happiness in future.

All our worship to so many Gods and Goddesses and also for

knowledge, moksha is invisible form of greed.

Best antidote for greed is charity and helping others without

expectation of return, expectation of name or fame or keeping

account. Charity or dan is to be done beyond capacity, at earliest

and at every opportunity.

Please share your views.

Regards

A K Jain

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

Hi,That is a good way to sum-up the essense of gita! I'd like to add something to the "anger section". I think as Ashokji said, forgiveness is essential to conquer anger. Most often we forgive everyone else around us but fail to forgive ourselves. I think this causes a helpless state that leads to more frustration and there-by more anger. Let me know what you think!Cheers,UmaAshok Jain <akjain wrote: Dear Friends As per my earlier postings , essence of Gita is contained

in verses 61 & 62 of 18th Chapter, verse 8 of 4th Chapter, verse 14 of 5 th Chapter and verse 73 of 18th Chapter. Another important message is contained in verse 21 of 16th Chapter as under:- Desires ( lust, passion), anger, and greed are the three main gates to the hell because they destroy the soul and as such should be given up. Desires, anger and greed creates hell in this life and whenever anyone of the above is active in our life we feel suffering of hell. Whenever anyone of the above takes possession of us, we are not in a position to think clearly. Understanding of the presence of kama, krodh and lobh in our life and the supportive structure built for their nourishment will enable us to start process of giving up the same. Desires –basic question to be asked is `what do we want and why do we want'. One has to observe and find out what desires creates hell and what

desires create heaven. Anger-owning up responsibility for anger is the first step. Saying I became angry instead of he/she made me angry. Recognizing everyone has perfect logic for whatever they are doing as I have my own logic is the second step. Third step will be to understand our prime duty is to be happy and not to do any thing which creates unhappiness in our life. Best antidote for anger is practicing forgiveness-I forgive now, unconditionally and completely. Greed –greed is mostly hidden and not apparent in day to day life. Greed wants more for unknown reasons and links the requirement with something unconnected or vague objective. Close introspection will reveal our greed. Greed thrives on insecurity, illogical justification and happiness in future. All our worship to so many Gods and Goddesses and also for knowledge, moksha is invisible form of greed. Best antidote for greed is

charity and helping others without expectation of return, expectation of name or fame or keeping account. Charity or dan is to be done beyond capacity, at earliest and at every opportunity. Please share your views. Regards A K Jain

Looking for a deal? Find great prices on flights and hotels with FareChase.

Guest guest

very truly said would u plz help me as how one could develop aseem shradhha and love for the Almighty and that too for all the time without any indulgence in material world? hope u answer hari omAshok Jain <akjain wrote: Dear FriendsAs per my earlier postings , essence of Gita is contained in verses 61 & 62 of 18th Chapter, verse 8 of 4th Chapter, verse 14 of 5 th Chapter and verse 73 of 18th

Chapter.Another important message is contained in verse 21 of 16th Chapter as under:-Desires ( lust, passion), anger, and greed are the three main gates to the hell because they destroy the soul and as such should be given up.Desires, anger and greed creates hell in this life and whenever anyone of the above is active in our life we feel suffering of hell. Whenever anyone of the above takes possession of us, we are not in a position to think clearly.Understanding of the presence of kama, krodh and lobh in our life and the supportive structure built for their nourishment will enable us to start process of giving up the same.Desires –basic question to be asked is `what do we want and why do we want'. One has to observe and find out what desires creates hell and what desires create heaven. Anger-owning up responsibility for anger is the first step. Saying I became angry instead of he/she made me angry.

Recognizing everyone has perfect logic for whatever they are doing as I have my own logic is the second step. Third step will be to understand our prime duty is to be happy and not to do any thing which creates unhappiness in our life.Best antidote for anger is practicing forgiveness-I forgive now, unconditionally and completely.Greed –greed is mostly hidden and not apparent in day to day life. Greed wants more for unknown reasons and links the requirement with something unconnected or vague objective. Close introspection will reveal our greed. Greed thrives on insecurity, illogical justification and happiness in future.All our worship to so many Gods and Goddesses and also for knowledge, moksha is invisible form of greed.Best antidote for greed is charity and helping others without expectation of return, expectation of name or fame or keeping account. Charity or dan is to be done beyond capacity, at

earliest and at every opportunity.Please share your views.RegardsA K Jain

Ready for the edge of your seat? Check out tonight's top picks on TV.

Guest guest

Dear Jain Ji

Love and Love alone......

Many thanks for your wonderful exposition. It was a treat not only to the eyes to read, but also to the mind to contemplate and emulate and ultimately get out of the birth-death cycle. The basic teaching of Gita is Tyaga. Whatever we do, whether it is mundane or spiritual, let that be done with a sincere feeling of renunciation. If renunciation is implemented with all sincerity and seriousness, all other tendencies will simply melt away.

Thank you very much for the ignition. May God bless you.

Love and Love alone......-- Paritala Gopi Krishna

Essence of Gita

Posted by: " Ashok Jain " akjain

akjanand

Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:04 am (PST)

Dear FriendsAs per my earlier postings , essence of Gita is contained in verses 61 & 62 of 18th Chapter, verse 8 of 4th Chapter, verse 14 of 5 th Chapter and verse 73 of 18th Chapter.Another important message is contained in verse 21 of 16th Chapter as under:-Desires ( lust, passion), anger, and greed are the three main gates to the hell because they destroy the soul and as such should be given up.Desires, anger and greed creates hell in this life and whenever anyone of the above is active in our life we feel suffering of hell. Whenever anyone of the above takes possession of us, we are not in a position to think clearly.Understanding of the presence of kama, krodh and lobh in our life and the supportive structure built for their nourishment will enable us to start process of giving up the same.Desires –basic question to be asked is `what do we want and why do we want'. One has to observe and find out what desires creates hell and what desires create heaven. Anger-owning up responsibility for anger is the first step. Saying I became angry instead of he/she made me angry. Recognizing everyone has perfect logic for whatever they are doing as I have my own logic is the second step. Third step will be to understand our prime duty is to be happy and not to do any thing which creates unhappiness in our life.Best antidote for anger is practicing forgiveness-I forgive now, unconditionally and completely.Greed –greed is mostly hidden and not apparent in day to day life. Greed wants more for unknown reasons and links the requirement with something unconnected or vague objective. Close introspection will reveal our greed. Greed thrives on insecurity, illogical justification and happiness in future.All our worship to so many Gods and Goddesses and also for knowledge, moksha is invisible form of greed.Best antidote for greed is charity and helping others without expectation of return, expectation of name or fame or keeping account. Charity or dan is to be done beyond capacity, at earliest and at every opportunity.Please share your views.RegardsA K Jain

Guest guest

Loving Divine,

Humble pranams.

Beautiful indeed...

I would like to add something to your email as I had heard this from Baba Prajnananandaji. Other scriptures do talk about 6 evils kaam (desires / lust / passion), krodha (anger), lobha (greed), mada (ego / pride / vanity), moha (attachments), and matsarya/maatsarya (jealousy). Gitaji addresses them all but not sure how exactly the subject of jealousy is addressed (is dvesh the same as jealousy or it means hatred? Not sure, someone can please expand...). Any way, Babaji said that we should never ever engage ourselves in comparison with others due to the two major reasons:

When we compare ourselves with others and find ourselves superior, it boosts our ego (mada - the false 'I') which is blinding the true self, an obstacle in our sadhana

OR, when we find ourselves inferior to someone/something, it creates jealousy within us which is also a major hurdle for a sadhak. We can find cases in our history where spiritual jealousy have killed other sadhaks !!! Jealousy is hidden in our heart, it is very secretive and difficult to pin point.

Thanks again for sharing the essense.

humble regards,

always at Thy Holy Feet

On 7/5/07, Ashok Jain <akjain wrote:

Dear FriendsAs per my earlier postings , essence of Gita is contained in verses 61 & 62 of 18th Chapter, verse 8 of 4th Chapter, verse 14 of 5 th Chapter and verse 73 of 18th Chapter.Another important message is contained in verse 21 of 16th Chapter as under:-Desires ( lust, passion), anger, and greed are the three main gates to the hell because they destroy the soul and as such should be given up.Desires, anger and greed creates hell in this life and whenever anyone of the above is active in our life we feel suffering of hell. Whenever anyone of the above takes possession of us, we are not in a position to think clearly.Understanding of the presence of kama, krodh and lobh in our life and the supportive structure built for their nourishment will enable us to start process of giving up the same.Desires –basic question to be asked is `what do we want and why do we want'. One has to observe and find out what desires creates hell and what desires create heaven. Anger-owning up responsibility for anger is the first step. Saying I became angry instead of he/she made me angry. Recognizing everyone has perfect logic for whatever they are doing as I have my own logic is the second step. Third step will be to understand our prime duty is to be happy and not to do any thing which creates unhappiness in our life.Best antidote for anger is practicing forgiveness-I forgive now, unconditionally and completely.Greed –greed is mostly hidden and not apparent in day to day life. Greed wants more for unknown reasons and links the requirement with something unconnected or vague objective. Close introspection will reveal our greed. Greed thrives on insecurity, illogical justification and happiness in future.All our worship to so many Gods and Goddesses and also for knowledge, moksha is invisible form of greed.Best antidote for greed is charity and helping others without expectation of return, expectation of name or fame or keeping account. Charity or dan is to be done beyond capacity, at earliest and at every opportunity.Please share your views.RegardsA K Jain

Guest guest

IN ENGLISH:

Whatever is happening, it is happening due to God's will. Without His will, nothing is capable of happening. Therefore in favorable and unfavorable situations, learn to remain happy. Simply say to the compassionate Lord, that my strings are entirely in Your hands. Let your wish be fulfilled. And bless me with the feeling that I lean to remain ever happy in Your will. Even this is not possible without Your wish. I am only the instrument in Your hands. It is only You who does everything.

IN HINDI: JO KUCH HO RAHA HAI WO PIRBHU KI MARZI SE HO RAHA HAI.US KI ICHHA KE BAGHEER KUCH BHI NAHAIEN HO SAKTA. ISS LIYA HAR DUKH SUKH MAIN RAZI RAHANA SEEKHO. SIRF YEH HI KAHO KI DEEN BANDHU DEENA NATH MERI DORI AAPKE HAATH. TERI INCHA POORAN HO. MUJHE YEH MAT DO KE MEIN AAPKI HAR INCHA PE RAZI RAHNA SIKHOUN. AISA KARNA BHI AAP KI INCHHA KE SIVAI MAMKIN NANHEEN. KARTAR AAP HAIN MAIN TO HATHIYIA HOON.

samir sharma <samir_sharma5 To: Subject: Re: Essence of GitaMon, 16 Jul 2007 23:33:25 -0700 (PDT)

very truly said

would u plz help me as how one could develop aseem shradhha and love for the Almighty and that too for all the time without any indulgence in material world?

hope u answer

hari omAshok Jain <akjain (AT) binani (DOT) net> wrote:

Guest guest

DO YOUR DUTY LEAVE ALL UNTO HIM

Uma Sridhar <myspiritualpursuit To: Subject: Re: Essence of GitaMon, 16 Jul 2007 16:56:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,That is a good way to sum-up the essense of gita! I'd like to add something to the "anger section". I think as Ashokji said, forgiveness is essential to conquer anger. Most often we forgive everyone else around us but fail to forgive ourselves. I think this causes a helpless state that leads to more frustration and there-by more anger. Let me know what you think!Cheers,UmaAshok Jain <akjain (AT) binani (DOT) net> wrote: