IndiaDivine.org

Suggestions on Non-secterian, Universal Application for Weste...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

In a message dated 7/27/07 5:51:36 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, salyed writes:

I have trying to mold my life more in the mold of the Uddhava Gita as a first step and then building on the "harder" teachings of theBhagavad Gita. As a non-Hindu Westerner without religious affiliationlike myself, it is hard to start off with the 4 "traditional"regulative principles of Gaudiya Vaishnava of vegetarianism, noalcohol, no gambling, no illicit sex outside of marriage, etc... I amalready doing 3 of the 4 - still struggling with vegetarianism,partially as I live in a semi-rural area where that can be moredifficult as it is difficult and expensive to get a well-balanced andvaried vegetarian diet.A hard-nose approach to the regulative principles sort of drives off and discourages people who may be interested in the universal message of the Gita. It is also possible that I am not really suited for Krishna bhakti, but perhaps may be suited for a different deity for bhakti or a nonsectarian, universal bhakti. Any suggestions or direction would be welcomed!

One has to remember that Hinduism is very wide in scope. What you mention above is merely one small aspect that some Vaishnava Hindus follow. Simply study the greater forms of Hinduism, and you may find this to be your religion.Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL.com.

Guest guest

May I humbly suggest that you pray earnestly for the guidance from a living master? Your earnestness and sincerity will bring the Master to you. As Mata Amritanandmayi, the Divine Mother expresses it: "When the lover in you awakens, the beloved appears."

In Amma's service,

Ramnath

--

Again, Mr Dalmia, you refer to a "him" which you cannot prove exists. Regarding Sanatan Dharma/Hinduism, there is no factual difference. However it is a fact that other religions do not (nor should they) follow Sanatan Dharma/Hinduism. To think that Sanatan Dharma/Hinduism is universal is not different than the misquided Christian who truly believes that Jesus/Christianity represents the universal God/Religion.

When one says "There is only one GOD," and correlates this with "He," one must be able to prove such a statement. True Hindus do not worship "GOD" anymore than a true Christian worships Siva, or Vishnu or Devi.

Sanatanists/Hindus can be a great force for true religious/spiritual understanding--that is, of course, if they are humble enough to accept guidance.

Swami Param

--

Namaste

I read your comments. In spite of western culture, you are trying to mold your life. that in itself is remarkable. Please read Gita 9:27

"Arjuna whatever u do whatever you eat,whatever u offer as oblation to scared fire, whatever you bestow as a gift,whatever u do by way of penance, offer it all to Me (Supreme Consciousness)."

Thanks Regards

Rampal Laddha

--

Sri A H Dalmia,

Your below message indicates you know gita pretty well. dhayawaad!

A couple of points.

Every religion or a sect within a religion has more or less different concept about God, his creation, his activities, his relation with us, his temperament, his message to the followers, instructions about how to treat an infidel, etc. These differences are the cause of major or minor conflicts. The history of milleniums have proved that the Vedic dharm is qualified in leading to world peace. Despite the internal vedic differences, we respect all vedic sampradayas and God, and happily continue our individual vedic sadhana. This is the beauty of the Vedic dharma.

jai sri krishna!

-sv (Suresh Vyas)

--

On Behalf Of ClassyogaSent: Monday, July 30, 2007 6:37 PM Subject: Re: Suggestions on Non-secterian, Universal Application for Weste...

I have trying to mold my life more in the mold of the Uddhava Gita as a first step and then building on the "harder" teachings of theBhagavad Gita. As a non-Hindu Westerner without religious affiliationlike myself, it is hard to start off with the 4 "traditional"regulative principles of Gaudiya Vaishnava of vegetarianism, noalcohol, no gambling, no illicit sex outside of marriage, etc... I amalready doing 3 of the 4 - still struggling with vegetarianism,partially as I live in a semi-rural area where that can be moredifficult as it is difficult and expensive to get a well-balanced andvaried vegetarian diet.A hard-nose approach to the regulative principles sort of drives off and discourages people who may be interested in the universal message of the Gita. It is also possible that I am not really suited for Krishna bhakti, but perhaps may be suited for a different deity for bhakti or a nonsectarian, universal bhakti. Any suggestions or direction would be welcomed!

One has to remember that Hinduism is very wide in scope. What you mention above is merely one small aspect that some Vaishnava Hindus follow. Simply study the greater forms of Hinduism, and you may find this to be your religion.

Guest guest

Dear friends

GOD is not an object of worship to a second party but worship only to

yourself, after inquiry into yourself. As you go on exploring yourself,

the multitude of your personality, your profession, your behaviours and your

other identification will merge into basic characters, and from it into a

character of universal knowledge (called GOD).

Jesus Chirst, Buddha, Gandhi, Mother Terssa, Albert Einstein, Bohr, and all

people who are not so popular are all GOD realized souls. These are one and

only existing in their different roles. This concept of the GOD is neither a

proprietary property of Hindus or Islam or Christians or to any other. GOD is

just a undertanding and one that understands it becomes it.

People like Einstien and Bohr and other similar personalities free thinkers, were able to grasp these deeper understandings.

Regards,

K G Misra

On 8/2/07, Ramnath Narayanswamy <ram123 wrote:

May I humbly suggest that you pray earnestly for the guidance from a living master? Your earnestness and sincerity will bring the Master to you. As Mata Amritanandmayi, the Divine Mother expresses it: " When the lover in you awakens, the beloved appears. "

In Amma's service,

Ramnath-- Again, Mr Dalmia, you refer to a " him " which you cannot prove exists. Regarding Sanatan Dharma/Hinduism, there is no factual difference. However it is a fact that other religions do not (nor should they) follow Sanatan Dharma/Hinduism. To think that Sanatan Dharma/Hinduism is universal is not different than the misquided Christian who truly believes that Jesus/Christianity represents the universal God/Religion. When one says " There is only one GOD, " and correlates this with " He, " one must be able to prove such a statement. True Hindus do not worship " GOD " anymore than a true Christian worships Siva, or Vishnu or Devi.

Sanatanists/Hindus can be a great force for true religious/spiritual understanding--that is, of course, if they are humble enough to accept guidance.

Swami Param -- Namaste

I read your comments. In spite of western culture, you are trying to mold your life. that in itself is remarkable. Please read Gita 9:27 " Arjuna whatever u do whatever you eat,whatever u offer as oblation to scared fire, whatever you bestow as a gift,whatever u do by way of penance, offer it all to Me (Supreme Consciousness). "

Thanks Regards

Rampal Laddha -- Sri A H Dalmia,

Your below message indicates you know gita pretty well. dhayawaad! A couple of points.

Every religion or a sect within a religion has more or less different concept about God, his creation, his activities, his relation with us, his temperament, his message to the followers, instructions about how to treat an infidel, etc. These differences are the cause of major or minor conflicts. The history of milleniums have proved that the Vedic dharm is qualified in leading to world peace. Despite the internal vedic differences, we respect all vedic sampradayas and God, and happily continue our individual vedic sadhana. This is the beauty of the Vedic dharma.

jai sri krishna! -sv (Suresh Vyas) --

On Behalf Of

ClassyogaSent: Monday, July 30, 2007 6:37 PM Subject:

Re: Suggestions on Non-secterian, Universal Application for Weste...

I have trying to mold my life more in the mold of the Uddhava Gita as a first step and then building on the " harder " teachings of the

Bhagavad Gita. As a non-Hindu Westerner without religious affiliationlike myself, it is hard to start off with the 4 " traditional " regulative principles of Gaudiya Vaishnava of vegetarianism, noalcohol, no gambling, no illicit sex outside of marriage, etc... I am

already doing 3 of the 4 - still struggling with vegetarianism,partially as I live in a semi-rural area where that can be moredifficult as it is difficult and expensive to get a well-balanced andvaried vegetarian diet.

A hard-nose approach to the regulative principles sort of drives off and discourages people who may be interested in the universal message of the Gita. It is also possible that I am not really suited for Krishna bhakti, but perhaps may be suited for a different deity for bhakti or a nonsectarian, universal bhakti. Any suggestions or direction would be welcomed!

One has to remember that Hinduism is very wide in scope. What you mention above is merely one small aspect that some Vaishnava Hindus follow. Simply study the greater forms of Hinduism, and you may find this to be your religion.

Guest guest

Dear Swami,

You are constantly insisting on proof. I wonder if this is only for the sake of argument or your genuine desire to seek truth. If this is just for the sake of argument, may I straight away raise my hands and accept defeat. We are not sitting here to argue but to assist each other in our path to seek god.

If you are genuinely wanting an answer to help you in your sadhana, may I with your permission ask you a question to indicate the answer to your "proof". I am sure you were born to a mother and father. I am sure you called them mother and father. Did you ever ask them for a proof that they were indeed your mother and father. I am sure you did not ask them this question but accepted that as the truth. If this is true, then may I ask "Aap aseem ko seema men kyon bandhne ka prayas karte hain. Kya aapke manane ya na manane se aseem seemit ho sakta hai". Instead of endlessly arguing on this subject, please meditate deeply on this matter for a few days. If after that your doubt persists, please raise your hands in front of HIM in surrender and seek for his mercy to guide you.

Please always remain sure that there is not a person born in this world that can even convince you that your name is "Swami Param". If you do not wish to accept that, no amount of proof will convince you. However, the moment you are open to accept that, no one will ever need to tell you that you are Swami Param. Please appreciate that conviction comes from within. No outside agency can help convince you. Outside agency can at best guide you.

A.H.Dalmia

-

Ramnath Narayanswamy

Thursday, August 02, 2007 5:50 PM

RE: Suggestions on Non-secterian, Universal Application for Weste...

May I humbly suggest that you pray earnestly for the guidance from a living master? Your earnestness and sincerity will bring the Master to you. As Mata Amritanandmayi, the Divine Mother expresses it: "When the lover in you awakens, the beloved appears."

In Amma's service,

Ramnath-- Again, Mr Dalmia, you refer to a "him" which you cannot prove exists. Regarding Sanatan Dharma/Hinduism, there is no factual difference. However it is a fact that other religions do not (nor should they) follow Sanatan Dharma/Hinduism. To think that Sanatan Dharma/Hinduism is universal is not different than the misquided Christian who truly believes that Jesus/Christianity represents the universal God/Religion. When one says "There is only one GOD," and correlates this with "He," one must be able to prove such a statement. True Hindus do not worship "GOD" anymore than a true Christian worships Siva, or Vishnu or Devi.

Swami Param

-- Namaste

I read your comments. In spite of western culture, you are trying to mold your life. that in itself is remarkable. Please read Gita 9:27 "Arjuna whatever u do whatever you eat,whatever u offer as oblation to scared fire, whatever you bestow as a gift,whatever u do by way of penance, offer it all to Me (Supreme Consciousness)."

Thanks Regards

Rampal Laddha

-- Sri A H Dalmia,

Your below message indicates you know gita pretty well. dhayawaad! A couple of points.

jai sri krishna! -sv (Suresh Vyas)

--

On Behalf Of Classyoga (AT) aol (DOT) comSent: Monday, July 30, 2007 6:37 PM Subject: Re: Suggestions on Non-secterian, Universal Application for Weste...

Guest guest

Progress on the path of spiritual advancement of knowing and understanding God requires faith. e.g. Gita is Krishna bhagavan's words. One who cannot accept it and thinks that Krishna was just a human that died cannot learn anything from Gita. Knowing the truth about dharma, God, Aatma requires faith in scriptures (shastras) and God. In Gita verse 9.3 Krishna says: ashraddhaanaaH purushhA dharmasyaasya parantapa apraapya maam

nivartante mR^ityu sa.nsaara vartmani jai sri krishna! -sv A H Dalmia <ahdalmia wrote: Dear Swami, You are constantly insisting on proof. I wonder if this is only for the sake of argument or your genuine desire to seek truth. If this is just for the sake of argument, may I straight away raise my hands and accept defeat. We are not sitting here to argue but to assist each other in our path to seek god.

If you are genuinely wanting an answer to help you in your sadhana, may I with your permission ask you a question to indicate the answer to your "proof". I am sure you were born to a mother and father. I am sure you called them mother and father. Did you ever ask them for a proof that they were indeed your mother and father. I am sure you did not ask them this question but accepted that as the truth. If this is true, then may I ask "Aap aseem ko seema men kyon bandhne ka prayas karte hain. Kya aapke manane ya na manane se aseem seemit ho sakta hai". Instead of endlessly arguing on this subject, please meditate deeply on this matter for a few days. If after that your doubt persists, please raise your hands in front of HIM in surrender and seek for his mercy to guide you. Please always remain sure that there is not a person born in this world that can even convince you that your name is

"Swami Param". If you do not wish to accept that, no amount of proof will convince you. However, the moment you are open to accept that, no one will ever need to tell you that you are Swami Param. Please appreciate that conviction comes from within. No outside agency can help convince you. Outside agency can at best guide you. A.H.Dalmia - Ramnath Narayanswamy Thursday, August 02, 2007 5:50 PM Subject:

RE: Suggestions on Non-secterian, Universal Application for Weste... May I humbly suggest that you pray earnestly for the guidance from a living master? Your earnestness and sincerity will bring the Master to you. As Mata Amritanandmayi, the Divine Mother expresses it: "When the lover in you awakens, the beloved appears." In Amma's service, Ramnath-- Again, Mr Dalmia, you refer to a "him" which you cannot

prove exists. Regarding Sanatan Dharma/Hinduism, there is no factual difference. However it is a fact that other religions do not (nor should they) follow Sanatan Dharma/Hinduism. To think that Sanatan Dharma/Hinduism is universal is not different than the misquided Christian who truly believes that Jesus/Christianity represents the universal God/Religion. When one says "There is only one GOD," and correlates this with "He," one must be able to prove such a statement. True Hindus do not worship "GOD" anymore than a true Christian worships Siva, or Vishnu or Devi. Sanatanists/Hindus can be a great force for true religious/spiritual understanding--that is, of course, if they are humble enough to accept guidance. Swami Param -- Namaste I read your comments. In spite of western culture,

you are trying to mold your life. that in itself is remarkable. Please read Gita 9:27 "Arjuna whatever u do whatever you eat,whatever u offer as oblation to scared fire, whatever you bestow as a gift,whatever u do by way of penance, offer it all to Me (Supreme Consciousness)." Thanks Regards Rampal Laddha -- Sri A H Dalmia, Your below message indicates you know gita pretty well. dhayawaad! A couple of points. Every religion or a sect within a religion has more or less different concept about God, his creation, his activities, his relation with us, his temperament, his message to the followers, instructions about how to treat an infidel, etc. These differences are the cause of major or minor conflicts. The history of milleniums have proved that the Vedic dharm is qualified in

leading to world peace. Despite the internal vedic differences, we respect all vedic sampradayas and God, and happily continue our individual vedic sadhana. This is the beauty of the Vedic dharma. jai sri krishna! -sv (Suresh Vyas) -- On Behalf Of Classyoga (AT) aol (DOT) comSent: Monday, July 30, 2007 6:37 PM Subject: Re: Suggestions on Non-secterian, Universal Application for Weste... In a message dated 7/27/07 5:51:36 P.M. Eastern

Daylight Time, salyed writes: I have trying to mold my life more in the mold of the Uddhava Gita as a first step and then building on the "harder" teachings of theBhagavad Gita. As a non-Hindu Westerner without religious affiliationlike myself, it is hard to start off with the 4 "traditional"regulative principles of Gaudiya Vaishnava of vegetarianism, noalcohol, no gambling, no illicit sex outside of marriage, etc... I amalready doing 3 of the 4 - still struggling with vegetarianism,partially as I live in a semi-rural area where that can be moredifficult as it is difficult and expensive to get a well-balanced andvaried vegetarian diet.A hard-nose approach to the regulative principles sort of drives off and discourages people who may be interested in the universal message of the Gita. It is

also possible that I am not really suited for Krishna bhakti, but perhaps may be suited for a different deity for bhakti or a nonsectarian, universal bhakti. Any suggestions or direction would be welcomed! One has to remember that Hinduism is very wide in scope. What you mention above is merely one small aspect that some Vaishnava Hindus follow. Simply study the greater forms of Hinduism, and you may find this to be your religion.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Sadhakas, Namaste!

It is heartening to read views/visions presented by Yogiraj

Jitendraji and K G Misraji on Concept of God. The oneness of all

Existence including all of us sentients and insentients is what I

read underneath of words used by them. Correct me if it is not right.

Expression such as " God is understanding " is so liberating. It is

appealing to me because this " understanding " stands under all our

concepts of existence and life giving them a meaning.

Also Dalmiaji, Ashokji, and others have expressed similar views

consistent with Geeta, which are equally beautiful and helpful to

those seeking truth.

My build on this is that it is consistent with Vedanta too! Even

though its importance to me is not that it comes from Vedanta or

scriptures, but it is higly experientially available to us every

moment as pointed out by them! It is not limited to Upanishadic

Rishis only but to anyone genuinely interested in Truth of who we

are! Like someone mentioned, such God may be walking amongst us right

now.

Afterall, everything is only a mind's concept, be it God or " ever

balancing universe that is not created nor destroyed " . World or God

are concepts only but that is not negative. The fact that we perceive

and conceive regardless of the contents of our

perception/conceptions, is REALITY we all share and that is

undenieable! For communication purpose we say it is Reality or God or

Consciousness or Brahman or Absolute existence, knowing well they are

all mind's concepts meaning limiting " that " which is unlimited(also

concept). Bottomline is that when the mind is stripped of all such

conceptions, beliefs, notions, through whatever means, IT IS!!!

Thanks again for sharing!

Lovingly Pratap

, " Ramnath Narayanswamy " <ram123

wrote:

>

> May I humbly suggest that you pray earnestly for the guidance from

a living master? Your earnestness and sincerity will bring the Master

to you. As Mata Amritanandmayi, the Divine Mother expresses it: " When

the lover in you awakens, the beloved appears. "

>

> In Amma's service,

> Ramnath

>

>

>

>

>

On Behalf Of Classyoga

> Monday, July 30, 2007 6:37 PM

>

> Re: Suggestions on Non-secterian, Universal

Application for Weste...

>

>

>

>

>

> In a message dated 7/27/07 5:51:36 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

salyed writes:

>

> I have trying to mold my life more in the mold of the Uddhava Gita

as a first step and then building on the " harder " teachings of the

> Bhagavad Gita. As a non-Hindu Westerner without religious

affiliation

> like myself, it is hard to start off with the 4 " traditional "

> regulative principles of Gaudiya Vaishnava of vegetarianism, no

> alcohol, no gambling, no illicit sex outside of marriage, etc... I

am

> already doing 3 of the 4 - still struggling with vegetarianism,

> partially as I live in a semi-rural area where that can be more

> difficult as it is difficult and expensive to get a well-balanced

and

> varied vegetarian diet.

>

> A hard-nose approach to the regulative principles sort of drives

off and discourages people who may be interested in the universal

message of the Gita. It is also possible that I am not really suited

for Krishna bhakti, but perhaps may be suited for a different deity

for bhakti or a nonsectarian, universal bhakti. Any suggestions or

direction would be welcomed!

>

>

> One has to remember that Hinduism is very wide in scope. What you

mention above is merely one small aspect that some Vaishnava Hindus

follow. Simply study the greater forms of Hinduism, and you may find

this to be your religion.

>

>

>

>

> _____

>

> Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL.com

<http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour/?

ncid=AOLAOF00020000000982> .

>