IndiaDivine.org

Re : Question:   Should we pray to God for everything we want in life?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Please note these select verses from the Bhagavadgita in response to the

question:

(But) those who worship Me, thinking of Me alone, and ever devoted to Me, to

them I provide what they lack and preserve what they have (I will completely

look after their welfare).

(IX-22)

O' a-rju-na! The best among descendents of bha-ra-ta! Four kinds of virtuous

people worship Me; one who is in misery, the seeker of knowledge, the seeker of

wealth, and the man of wisdom (wise).

(VII-16)

All these (four kinds of devotees) are noble, but indeed, I consider the wise

man as My very own; with his self united, he abides in Me as the supreme goal.

(VII-18)

But those whose minds are drifted away by this or that desire resort to other

(lesser) gods, following this or that ritual, guided by their own nature (of

their own making).

(VII-20)

Whatever form (of God) a devotee chooses to worship in good faith, I make that

very faith of his steady, indeed!

(VII-21)

Endowed with that steady faith, he (the devotee) gets his desires fulfilled; (in

reality) those desires are indeed granted by Me only (because the needs of all

beings are fulfilled only through Me, the ultimate cosmic source of all there

is).

(VII-22)

Dear Devotees, We can ask BhagavAn for ONLY one thing - " tava nitya-kimkaratAm prArdhaye " - meaning - may I be Your eternal Servant. Anything other than the above request comes under another verse that says " ... krupaNA phala hetava: " - meaning - Bhagavan Sri Krishna said in Bhagavad- Gita that " ... those devotees who pray to ME expecting some results are indeed mean ". That is the true difference between kAmya-karma and nishkAma-karma. Thank you, Venkat Kanumalla tatachar wrote: Please note these select verses from the Bhagavadgita in response to the question:(But) those who worship Me, thinking of Me alone, and ever devoted to Me, to them I provide what they lack and preserve what they have (I will completely look after their welfare).(IX-22) O' a-rju-na! The best among descendents of bha-ra-ta! Four kinds of virtuous people worship Me; one who is in misery, the seeker of knowledge, the seeker of wealth, and the man of wisdom (wise).(VII-16) All these (four kinds of devotees) are noble, but indeed, I consider the wise man as My very own; with his self united, he abides in Me as the supreme goal. (VII-18) But those whose minds are drifted away by this or that desire resort to other (lesser) gods, following this or that ritual, guided by their own nature (of their own

making).(VII-20)Whatever form (of God) a devotee chooses to worship in good faith, I make that very faith of his steady, indeed!(VII-21) Endowed with that steady faith, he (the devotee) gets his desires fulfilled; (in reality) those desires are indeed granted by Me only (because the needs of all beings are fulfilled only through Me, the ultimate cosmic source of all there is).(VII-22)

Take the Internet to Go: Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos more.