IndiaDivine.org

Sharnagati.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hari Om, I have a great confusion about the concept of Sharnagati. I have gone through several writings on Sharnagati including the commentary made by Swami Ramsukhdasji in Sadhak Sanjeevani. Daily at the end of my prayer I bow before my God and request him to take me into his Sharan. Ironically I sometimes declare before him that I take refuge in you my Ram. But when I start doing my wordly duties I use my intelect, will and reasoning to take decisions and to act and react accordingly which I sometime find not upto the mark or good. And on the otherhand God has declared in Gita "Aham twam sarvpapebhyo mokshishyami ma shucha". To make my point clear I take the example of a child less than one year of age who while in the lap of her mother feels safe and sound and does not care about his safety or even his natural needs. All his needs are looked after by his parents. He

even does not care if he is about to be thrown by his parents from some dangerous heights. This I think is a best example of Sharnagati but our position is very poor as compared to this child because we are having a developed mind and are forced to live by the rules. Daily we have to make several decisions and confront with several situations. Then what about our vow of sharnagati ? I just want to know that how do I know that like an innocent child I have taken the refuge of my Ram ? What are the signs which could help me to know that God has really accepted me in his Sharan? Please help me to know this. Ram Ram Raj Kumar

Gita Talk Guidelines

FROM THE MODERATOR

The following are the guidelines for Gita-Talk discussions.

1. Purpose of the group is to help Sadhaks clarify their doubts related to Gita shlokas. For responses to be posted, they must further clarify the understanding of Gitaji.

2. Wherever possible, please quote Gitaji or other scriptures to substantiate the response

3. Please limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc.

4. Kindly make your responses concise and to the point. (Up to twenty line maximum, if possible).

5. Please limit discussions to subject at hand.

6. Please do not include links to other sites or other organizations

7. Please do not include your personal information such as phone number, address etc.

8. Kindly do not address the response to a particular individual, since the message is going to the entire group.

9. Due to a large readership, not all responses will be posted.

10. Moderator at his discretion, may modify the posting, if content is unclear or not appropriate for distribution to the group.

11. Please respond taking into consideration novices, youth, westerners, non-secterian audience. Please limit the use on only sanskrit words, and provide the english word with sanskrit bracketed wherever possible.

Ram Ram

Dear Sadhakas, Namaste!

Very good question !

Sharanagati means to surrender the doership, the idea or conviction we have that

" we are the doers of our deeds " . It is not some kind of doing, or effort to be

non-doer, rather it is an attitude that comes from the understanding. All it

requires is to do the best of

our ability any task on hand. When result is not of expectation, consider that

as if parent(God) knew better what is right for child(us), just like the example

you mentioned. We are exactly like in position of a child, except we lack in

trust that the child does. We just talk about sharnagati, but when it comes to

results, we

don't accept as one who has surrendered, do we? It is a double standard, isn't

it?

We are only the instruments in the hands of God, and one must believe this with

inner unshakable trust. Afterall, all our intelligence, abilities are not really

ours, they are

all given to us. God is not some separate being that dispenses power, ability or

successes and Moksha depending upon our preferences. He is the Intelligence,

that knows all variables that go into a result of our deeds, whereas we as

individuals

believing in our individual ability cannot know what is right and wrong for us.

This is the truth.

So let us inculcate that Shraddha that " it is God as Universal Intelligence,

that directs all my actions and people who he directs to help me based on what

is in best for me at that time " .

Do the best and be free of worries, and welcome whatever comes in your way. You

cannot fail with such Trust!

Pratap, Namaskar!

--- Raj Kumar monga <mongarajkumar wrote:

> Hari Om,

>

> I have a great confusion about the concept of

> Sharnagati. I have gone through several writings on

> Sharnagati including the commentary made by Swami

> Ramsukhdassji in Sadhak Sanjeevani. Daily at the

> end of my prayer I bow before my God and request him

> to take me into his Sharan. Ironically I sometime

> declare before him that I take refuge in you my Ram.

> But when I start doing my wordly duties I use my

> intelect, will and reasoning to take decisions and

> to act and react accordingly which I sometime find

> not upto the mark or good. And on the otherhand God

> has declared in Gita " Aham twam sarvpapebhyo

> mokshishyami ma shucha " . To make my point clear I

> take the example of a child less than one year of

> age who while in the lap of her mother feels safe

> and sound and does not care about his safety or even

> his natural needs. All his needs are lookafter by

> her parents. He even does not care if he is about

> to throw by his paents from a dangerous height.

> This I think is a best

> example of Sharnagati but our position is very poor

> as compared to this child because we are having a

> developed mind and are forced to live by the rules.

> Daily we have to make several decisions and confront

> with several situations. Then what about our vow of

> sharnagati ?

>

> I just want to know that how do I know that I have

> really like an innocent child taken the refuge of my

> Ram ? What are the signs which could help me to

> know that God has really accepted me in his Sharan?

> Please help me to know this.

>

> Ram Ram

>

> Raj Kumar

The answer is in the following 9.27 vrse of gita. Krishna says yat karoshhi yadashnaasi yajjuhoshhi dadaasi yat yat tapasyasi kaunteya tat kurushhva mad arpaNa This is sharanagati, as we do not do it for ourselves, but do for god and guru. jai sri krishna! -sv Raj Kumar monga

<mongarajkumar wrote: Hari Om, I have a great confusion about the concept of Sharnagati. I have gone through several writings on Sharnagati including the commentary made by Swami Ramsukhdasji in Sadhak Sanjeevani. Daily at the end of my prayer I bow before my God and request him to take me into his Sharan. Ironically I sometimes declare before him that I take refuge in you my Ram. But when I start doing my wordly duties I use my intelect, will and reasoning to take

decisions and to act and react accordingly which I sometime find not upto the mark or good. And on the otherhand God has declared in Gita "Aham twam sarvpapebhyo mokshishyami ma shucha". To make my point clear I take the example of a child less than one year of age who while in the lap of her mother feels safe and sound and does not care about his safety or even his natural needs. All his needs are looked after by his parents. He even does not care if he is about to be thrown by his parents from some dangerous heights. This I think is a best example of Sharnagati but our position is very poor as compared to this child because we are having a developed mind and are forced to live by the rules. Daily we have to make several decisions and confront with several situations. Then what about our vow of sharnagati ? I just want to know that how do I know that like an innocent child I have taken

the refuge of my Ram ? What are the signs which could help me to know that God has really accepted me in his Sharan? Please help me to know this. Ram Ram Raj Kumar Gita Talk Guidelines FROM THE MODERATOR The following are the guidelines for Gita-Talk discussions. 1. Purpose of the group is to help Sadhaks clarify their doubts related to Gita shlokas. For responses to be posted, they must further clarify the understanding of Gitaji. 2. Wherever possible, please quote Gitaji or other scriptures to substantiate the response 3. Please limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. 4. Kindly make your responses concise and to the point. (Up to twenty line maximum, if possible). 5. Please limit discussions to subject at hand. 6. Please do not include links to other sites or other organizations 7. Please do

not include your personal information such as phone number, address etc. 8. Kindly do not address the response to a particular individual, since the message is going to the entire group. 9. Due to a large readership, not all responses will be posted. 10. Moderator at his discretion, may modify the posting, if content is unclear or not appropriate for distribution to the group. 11. Please respond taking into consideration novices, youth, westerners, non-secterian audience. Please limit the use on only sanskrit words, and provide the english word with sanskrit bracketed wherever possible. MODERATOR Ram Ram

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Games.

I am by no means an expert on the issue. Nevertheless, the question is of

great interest to me. If we choose to join the rat race and chase money,

then we would be forced to make 'adjustments' to the concept of sharnagati.

The problem is not with the concept, the problem is with our choice. We

could choose to live a simple life, which would not force us to compromise

or deviate from the concept. When we choose to chase Laxmi instead of

Narayan, we would end up with neither,simply because Laxmi belongs to

Narayan. The fault is with our focus. If we totally surrender to Narayan

just like a one-year old baby to its parents, who doesn't have the

'developed mind' nor 'the intellect'

to make any decisions, only if we totally and unconditionally surrendered to

God, who we address as tvameva mata'ch pita tvameva,then we would have no

worries either. Everything would be taken care of, much better than we could

ever do. It is a matter for us to make the right choice.

Hari Om

Prabodh Malhotra

>Raj Kumar monga <mongarajkumar

>

>

> Sharnagati.

>Mon, 3 Sep 2007 01:19:53 -0700 (PDT)

>

>Hari Om,

>

> I have a great confusion about the concept of Sharnagati. I have gone

>through several writings on Sharnagati including the commentary made by

>Swami Ramsukhdassji in Sadhak Sanjeevani. Daily at the end of my prayer I

>bow before my God and request him to take me into his Sharan. Ironically I

>sometime declare before him that I take refuge in you my Ram. But when I

>start doing my wordly duties I use my intelect, will and reasoning to take

>decisions and to act and react accordingly which I sometime find not upto

>the mark or good. And on the otherhand God has declared in Gita " Aham twam

>sarvpapebhyo mokshishyami ma shucha " . To make my point clear I take the

>example of a child less than one year of age who while in the lap of her

>mother feels safe and sound and does not care about his safety or even his

>natural needs. All his needs are lookafter by her parents. He even does

>not care if he is about to throw by his paents from a dangerous height.

>This I think is a best

> example of Sharnagati but our position is very poor as compared to this

>child because we are having a developed mind and are forced to live by the

>rules. Daily we have to make several decisions and confront with several

>situations. Then what about our vow of sharnagati ?

>

> I just want to know that how do I know that I have really like an

>innocent child taken the refuge of my Ram ? What are the signs which could

>help me to know that God has really accepted me in his Sharan? Please help

>me to know this.

>

> Ram Ram

>

> Raj Kumar

I pray to Sri Krishna living in heart of all to reappear to the universe.

I share with meaning of Chapter 4 of the Bhagwat Gita to those who listen it by deep ANTAH KARAN.

In Chapter 4 of the Bhagwat Gita, Sri Krishna explains concepts of Karma, aKarma, viKarma, Sadhan and Sadhana and Yoga. This means,

PRANI is a sadhan at which IST is doing sadhana. Sadhak is not the PRANI but IST.

PRAN or MUN is SWASH-PRASWAS that indicates stability of SADHAK on the SADHAN.

IST is the KARTA and KARMA is his work. He is the only SADHAK. For example, a man is riding bicycle. Bicycle is SADHAN but rider is SADHAK. The chain and sprocket is the PRAN or MUN or SWAS-PRASWAS. When the SADHAK is enjoying the ride on bicycle, it is felt by PRANI in indication of the breath.

SHARNA GATI is self realized by the reflection at work that is done. The PRANI cannot imagine or does not even know what is he doing because he is just a SADHAN and not the SADHAK.

Regards

K G Misra

9/3/07, Pratap Bhatt <pratapbhatt wrote:

Dear Sadhakas, Namaste!Very good question !Sharanagati means to surrender the doership, the idea or conviction we have that " we are the doers of our deeds " . It is not some kind of doing, or effort to be non-doer, rather it is an attitude that comes from the understanding. All it requires is to do the best of

our ability any task on hand. When result is not of expectation, consider that as if parent(God) knew better what is right for child(us), just like the example you mentioned. We are exactly like in position of a child, except we lack in trust that the child does. We just talk about sharnagati, but when it comes to results, we

don't accept as one who has surrendered, do we? It is a double standard, isn't it?We are only the instruments in the hands of God, and one must believe this with inner unshakable trust. Afterall, all our intelligence, abilities are not really ours, they are

all given to us. God is not some separate being that dispenses power, ability or successes and Moksha depending upon our preferences. He is the Intelligence, that knows all variables that go into a result of our deeds, whereas we as individuals

believing in our individual ability cannot know what is right and wrong for us. This is the truth. So let us inculcate that Shraddha that " it is God as Universal Intelligence, that directs all my actions and people who he directs to help me based on what is in best for me at that time " .

Do the best and be free of worries, and welcome whatever comes in your way. You cannot fail with such Trust! Pratap, Namaskar!--- Raj Kumar monga <

mongarajkumar wrote:> Hari Om,> > I have a great confusion about the concept of> Sharnagati. I have gone through several writings on> Sharnagati including the commentary made by Swami

> Ramsukhdassji in Sadhak Sanjeevani. Daily at the> end of my prayer I bow before my God and request him> to take me into his Sharan. Ironically I sometime> declare before him that I take refuge in you my Ram.

> But when I start doing my wordly duties I use my> intelect, will and reasoning to take decisions and> to act and react accordingly which I sometime find> not upto the mark or good. And on the otherhand God

> has declared in Gita " Aham twam sarvpapebhyo> mokshishyami ma shucha " . To make my point clear I> take the example of a child less than one year of> age who while in the lap of her mother feels safe

> and sound and does not care about his safety or even> his natural needs. All his needs are lookafter by> her parents. He even does not care if he is about> to throw by his paents from a dangerous height. > This I think is a best> example of Sharnagati but our position is very poor> as compared to this child because we are having a> developed mind and are forced to live by the rules. > Daily we have to make several decisions and confront

> with several situations. Then what about our vow of> sharnagati ?> > I just want to know that how do I know that I have> really like an innocent child taken the refuge of my> Ram ? What are the signs which could help me to

> know that God has really accepted me in his Sharan? > Please help me to know this.> > Ram Ram> > Raj Kumar

Simply remember these two things.

1) karma yoga - Once we do not expect the fruits of our actions, our actions will be pure and whatever the output comes..we do not worry about it..since from the first instant..we are not concerned about the results. But do the action thinking/having the attitude of surrender. 2) Gita 9.27: says: "Whatever you do, whatever you eat, whatever you offer as oblation to sacred fire, whatever you bestow as a gift, whatever you do as charity, whatever you do by way of penance, Offer it all to Me(Supreme Consciousness). For your questions: I just want

to know that how do I know that like an innocent child I have taken the refuge of my Ram ? - DO not worry whether you have taken refuge in God..the only thing we can do is plunge once and for all and take refuge in God and HE will handle the rest. What are the signs which could help me to know that God has really accepted me in his Sharan? - Again, do not worry whether God has really accepted or Not.. One who has surrendered has not to worry about about anything thereafter etc..forget about everything and just love God and all the things after that will unfold itself in front of you. Everything is only by HIS grace and so, do not worry about anything thereafter. Even the feelings of what you are having(that you did good or you did not do to ur best, or you feel angry or u feel happy..any feeling you have..just OFFER that with complete devotion onto that LORD and he will make sure that you go in the path intended. So, whatever you are and at whatever stage of analysis you are, just try to do whatever you can based on whatever you feel and leave the rest onto HIM. Regards, Raj Kumar monga <mongarajkumar wrote: Hari Om, I have a great confusion about the concept of Sharnagati. I have gone through several writings on Sharnagati including the commentary made by Swami Ramsukhdasji in Sadhak Sanjeevani. Daily at the end of my prayer I bow before my God and request him to take me into his Sharan. Ironically I sometimes declare before him that I take refuge in you my Ram. But when I start doing my wordly duties I use my intelect, will and reasoning to take decisions and to act and react accordingly which I sometime find not upto the mark or good. And on the otherhand God has declared in Gita "Aham twam sarvpapebhyo mokshishyami ma shucha". To make my point clear I take the example of a child less than one year of age who while in the lap of her mother feels safe and sound and does not care about his safety or

even his natural needs. All his needs are looked after by his parents. He even does not care if he is about to be thrown by his parents from some dangerous heights. This I think is a best example of Sharnagati but our position is very poor as compared to this child because we are having a developed mind and are forced to live by the rules. Daily we have to make several decisions and confront with several situations. Then what about our vow of sharnagati ? I just want to know that how do I know that like an innocent child I have taken the refuge of my Ram ? What are the signs which could help me to know that God has really accepted me in his Sharan? Please help me to know this. Ram Ram Raj Kumar Gita Talk Guidelines FROM THE MODERATOR The following are the guidelines for Gita-Talk

discussions. 1. Purpose of the group is to help Sadhaks clarify their doubts related to Gita shlokas. For responses to be posted, they must further clarify the understanding of Gitaji. 2. Wherever possible, please quote Gitaji or other scriptures to substantiate the response 3. Please limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. 4. Kindly make your responses concise and to the point. (Up to twenty line maximum, if possible). 5. Please limit discussions to subject at hand. 6. Please do not include links to other sites or other organizations 7. Please do not include your personal information such as phone number, address etc. 8. Kindly do not address the response to a particular individual, since the message is going to the entire group. 9. Due to a large readership, not all responses will be posted. 10. Moderator at his discretion, may modify the posting, if content is unclear or not appropriate for

distribution to the group. 11. Please respond taking into consideration novices, youth, westerners, non-secterian audience. Please limit the use on only sanskrit words, and provide the english word with sanskrit bracketed wherever possible. MODERATOR Ram Ram

The doubt you have, many seekers have the same at some stage or other.

Saranagati lies in believing that whatever one does ( even in day to day activities apparently using one's intellect)is actually prompted by Him only. This conviction only gives strength to accept the results of our actions as 'prasad' from God. Though we think we are acting, the real prompter is He. Let us further analyse. We do actions. These actions are preceded by thoughts. These thoughts arise in you and your actions are prompted by them. Wherefrom these thoughts arise? do you have control over their rising? Your reaction to them is also programmed by Him. The mistake we commit is that we think we are the doers. We should not get confused with this process and conclude that we do not have freedom. For all practical purposes we should act as if we have full freedom keeping moral and ethical standards within our knowledge. This conviction enables us to accept everything in life as His mercy.

Ramana Sarma

On 9/3/07, Pratap Bhatt <pratapbhatt wrote:

Dear Sadhakas, Namaste!Very good question !Sharanagati means to surrender the doership, the idea or conviction we have that " we are the doers of our deeds " . It is not some kind of doing, or effort to be non-doer, rather it is an attitude that comes from the understanding. All it requires is to do the best of

our ability any task on hand. When result is not of expectation, consider that as if parent(God) knew better what is right for child(us), just like the example you mentioned. We are exactly like in position of a child, except we lack in trust that the child does. We just talk about sharnagati, but when it comes to results, we

don't accept as one who has surrendered, do we? It is a double standard, isn't it?We are only the instruments in the hands of God, and one must believe this with inner unshakable trust. Afterall, all our intelligence, abilities are not really ours, they are

all given to us. God is not some separate being that dispenses power, ability or successes and Moksha depending upon our preferences. He is the Intelligence, that knows all variables that go into a result of our deeds, whereas we as individuals

believing in our individual ability cannot know what is right and wrong for us. This is the truth. So let us inculcate that Shraddha that " it is God as Universal Intelligence, that directs all my actions and people who he directs to help me based on what is in best for me at that time " .

Do the best and be free of worries, and welcome whatever comes in your way. You cannot fail with such Trust! Pratap, Namaskar!--- Raj Kumar monga <

mongarajkumar wrote:> Hari Om,> > I have a great confusion about the concept of> Sharnagati. I have gone through several writings on> Sharnagati including the commentary made by Swami

> Ramsukhdassji in Sadhak Sanjeevani. Daily at the> end of my prayer I bow before my God and request him> to take me into his Sharan. Ironically I sometime

> declare before him that I take refuge in you my Ram.> But when I start doing my wordly duties I use my> intelect, will and reasoning to take decisions and> to act and react accordingly which I sometime find

> not upto the mark or good. And on the otherhand God> has declared in Gita " Aham twam sarvpapebhyo> mokshishyami ma shucha " . To make my point clear I> take the example of a child less than one year of

> age who while in the lap of her mother feels safe> and sound and does not care about his safety or even> his natural needs. All his needs are lookafter by> her parents. He even does not care if he is about

> to throw by his paents from a dangerous height. > This I think is a best> example of Sharnagati but our position is very poor> as compared to this child because we are having a

> developed mind and are forced to live by the rules. > Daily we have to make several decisions and confront> with several situations. Then what about our vow of> sharnagati ?>

> I just want to know that how do I know that I have> really like an innocent child taken the refuge of my> Ram ? What are the signs which could help me to> know that God has really accepted me in his Sharan? > Please help me to know this.> > Ram Ram> > Raj Kumar

Dear Brothers & Sisters,

The word " Sharanagati " has a wonderful meaning..

It links to " Karmayoga " - which means in remeberence of beloved GOD father while doing any action.

Of course which action to do & which is not it is a deep chapter of " Karma " .

In short we can justify our Karma as whatever we are doing that gives us satisfaction from our inside i.e. called Satisfaction which brings pleasure in us & it becomes driving force to act again more enthusiastically.

Second thing is Satisfaction of the person or persons to whom we are serving. There is no use of service if the person does not get satisfied.

Third one, Just surrender the fruit of your Karma to the GOD, may be Victory or failure it don't affects me. Of course though we are loosers then also it gives us lots of experience not to repeat the same mistakes in future.

if these three rules are applied to your karma it is called " Samarpan " or " Sharanagati " .

Now the question is How to remember him is it so easy? Yes if we have a link, a relationship with him it becomes possible to remember him.

In Almighty beloved Godlfather's Service

Your Divine Sister,

BK Lajwanti

On 9/14/07, vrsarma podury <rpodury wrote:

The doubt you have, many seekers have the same at some stage or other. Saranagati lies in believing that whatever one does ( even in day to day activities apparently using one's intellect)is actually prompted by Him only. This conviction only gives strength to accept the results of our actions as 'prasad' from God. Though we think we are acting, the real prompter is He. Let us further analyse. We do actions. These actions are preceded by thoughts. These thoughts arise in you and your actions are prompted by them. Wherefrom these thoughts arise? do you have control over their rising? Your reaction to them is also programmed by Him. The mistake we commit is that we think we are the doers. We should not get confused with this process and conclude that we do not have freedom. For all practical purposes we should act as if we have full freedom keeping moral and ethical standards within our knowledge. This conviction enables us to accept everything in life as His mercy.

Ramana Sarma

On 9/3/07, Pratap Bhatt <pratapbhatt

> wrote:

Dear Sadhakas, Namaste!Very good question !Sharanagati means to surrender the doership, the idea or conviction we have that " we are the doers of our deeds " . It is not some kind of doing, or effort to be non-doer, rather it is an attitude that comes from the understanding. All it requires is to do the best of our ability any task on hand. When result is not of expectation, consider that as if parent(God) knew better what is right for child(us), just like the example you mentioned. We are exactly like in position of a child, except we lack in trust that the child does. We just talk about sharnagati, but when it comes to results, we don't accept as one who has surrendered, do we? It is a double standard, isn't it?We are only the instruments in the hands of God, and one must believe this with inner unshakable trust. Afterall, all our intelligence, abilities are not really ours, they are all given to us. God is not some separate being that dispenses power, ability or successes and Moksha depending upon our preferences. He is the Intelligence, that knows all variables that go into a result of our deeds, whereas we as individuals believing in our individual ability cannot know what is right and wrong for us. This is the truth. So let us inculcate that Shraddha that " it is God as Universal Intelligence, that directs all my actions and people who he directs to help me based on what is in best for me at that time " . Do the best and be free of worries, and welcome whatever comes in your way. You cannot fail with such Trust! Pratap, Namaskar!--- Raj Kumar monga <

mongarajkumar wrote:> Hari Om,> > I have a great confusion about the concept of> Sharnagati. I have gone through several writings on> Sharnagati including the commentary made by Swami > Ramsukhdassji in Sadhak Sanjeevani. Daily at the> end of my prayer I bow before my God and request him> to take me into his Sharan. Ironically I sometime

> declare before him that I take refuge in you my Ram.> But when I start doing my wordly duties I use my> intelect, will and reasoning to take decisions and> to act and react accordingly which I sometime find > not upto the mark or good. And on the otherhand God> has declared in Gita " Aham twam sarvpapebhyo> mokshishyami ma shucha " . To make my point clear I> take the example of a child less than one year of > age who while in the lap of her mother feels safe> and sound and does not care about his safety or even> his natural needs. All his needs are lookafter by> her parents. He even does not care if he is about > to throw by his paents from a dangerous height. > This I think is a best> example of Sharnagati but our position is very poor> as compared to this child because we are having a > developed mind and are forced to live by the rules. > Daily we have to make several decisions and confront> with several situations. Then what about our vow of> sharnagati ?>

> I just want to know that how do I know that I have> really like an innocent child taken the refuge of my> Ram ? What are the signs which could help me to

> know that God has really accepted me in his Sharan? > Please help me to know this.> > Ram Ram> > Raj Kumar

Sharanagati is simply that- total surrender.

I am amazed how we mess it up with other paths (Karma, Gnaanam etc)

Any verbage (words) you add to sharanagati is only garbage and

diminishes Lord's gift/promise. That is why I keep this brief!

Love

K.S. tAtAchAr

How true it is?

Mind makes it so complicated...while it is so simple...

Mind wants to understand first while it needs to surrender first/be absent..

to have the experience of self........Happy Thoughts

On 9/16/07, tatachar <tatachar wrote:

Sharanagati is simply that- total surrender.I am amazed how we mess it up with other paths (Karma, Gnaanam etc)Any verbage (words) you add to sharanagati is only garbage anddiminishes Lord's gift/promise. That is why I keep this brief!

LoveK.S. tAtAchAr

Dear All,

I would like to share something that I recently read about "Sharanagati" in Gitaji:

"Lajja, Bhaya, Maan, Badai aur Aasakti ko tyag kar evam sharir aur sansar men Ahanta, Mamata se rahit ho kar keval ek parmatma ko hi param aashraya, param gati aur sarvasva samajhna tatha ananya bhav se atishaya shraddha, bhakti aur prem purvak nirantar bhagwan ke naam, guna, prabhav aur swaroop ka chintan karte rahana evam bhagwan ka bhajan, smaran rakhte huye hi unke aagya anusar kartavya kasrmon ka nihswarth bhav se keval parmeshwar ke liye acharan karna yah 'sab prakar se paramatma ke hi sharan' hota hai"

Attempt at English Translation (may not be perfect)

"Giving up sense of modesty and shame, fear, desire for honor, fame, and attachment and being free from sense of egoism (I-ness) and attachment from this body and this world, thus exclusively and eternally depending on only God and considering Him as everything; and with single-pointed inner feeling, with deep faith, devotion and love engaging in contemplation of God's name, qualities, glories, and form at all times and while engaged in worshipful remembrance, also doing his duties with a selfless attitude according to instructions laid out by God, only for the purpose of serving Him - such a devotee has taken complete refuge in God.

This refers to verse 62, Chapter 18

It is very easy to say that I have surrendered to god. From above it will clarify, what surrender really means.

A.H.Dalmia

-

Sushil Jain

Monday, September 17, 2007 8:59 PM

Re: Sharnagati.

How true it is?

Mind makes it so complicated...while it is so simple...

Mind wants to understand first while it needs to surrender first/be absent..

to have the experience of self........Happy Thoughts

On 9/16/07, tatachar (AT) aol (DOT) com <tatachar (AT) aol (DOT) com> wrote:

Sharanagati is simply that- total surrender.I am amazed how we mess it up with other paths (Karma, Gnaanam etc)Any verbage (words) you add to sharanagati is only garbage anddiminishes Lord's gift/promise. That is why I keep this brief! LoveK.S. tAtAchAr