IndiaDivine.org

Is God a doer or a facilitator?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jai Ramjiki, Jai Shri Radhakirshnji ki and Jai Veer Hanuman, The question is, what happens when we have an ego? Then who acts? From the past human experience and as stated in Gita also it is amply clear that it is God himself who resides in our hearts. JAI SITARAMJIKI.SHER AGRAWALOn 9/21/07, G. Vaidyanathan <nathangv wrote:

According to me God is both doer and facilitator. He is omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient.All creations in this world are His doings. He facilitates the human beings in completing their tasks, provided they surrender totally unto Him Even an iota of ego, will keep God faraway from us. We have to understand the philosophy of " Sharanagati " to really know HIM.

With Pranams, Vaidyanathan

Tue, 18 Sep 2007 05:25:15 +0000 Is God a doer or a facilitator?

Is God a doer or a facilitator? The answer to this question will clarify the doubts regarding bhagya (fate) and karma (actions). Gita Talk GuidelinesFROM THE MODERATORThe following are the guidelines for Gita-Talk discussions.

1. Purpose of the group is to help Sadhaks clarify their doubts related to Gita shlokas. For responses to be posted, they must further clarify the understanding of Gitaji.2. Wherever possible, please quote Gitaji or other scriptures to substantiate the response

3. Please limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc.4. Kindly make your responses concise and to the point. (Up to twenty line maximum, if possible).5. Please limit discussions to subject at hand.6. Please do not include links to other sites or other organizations

7. Please do not include your personal information such as phone number, address etc.8. Kindly do not address the response to a particular individual, since the message is going to the entire group.9. Due to a large readership, not all responses will be posted.

10. Moderator at his discretion, may modify the posting, if content is unclear or not appropriate for distribution to the group.11. Please respond taking into consideration novices, youth, westerners, non-secterian audience. Please limit the use on only sanskrit words, and provide the english word with sanskrit bracketed wherever possible. MODERATORRam Ram

God created each one of us with a definite purpose, although

it is difficult for us to understand this. Man's actions are as a result of a reaction/response to certain circumstances/situations around him. Such things are not created by him, rather he is there at this specific point in time merely to do an act for which the God has chosen him. Each one of us plays a specific part (whether good or bad) in this world and this is the reason for his creation. Lord Krishna says though I am the creator, yet you should know that I

am a non-doer (viddhi mam akartaram).

With Warm Regards

Bhupinder Grewal

--- bhatialalit <bhatialalit >

wrote:

> Is God a doer or a facilitator? The answer to this

> question will clarify the doubts regarding bhagya

> (fate) and karma (actions).

>

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Sadhakas, Namaste!

I am emphasizing this point further.

Ego is not a thing, but is ignorance of not knowing

who really acts when I seem to act. I or myself in

daily affairs of living, imply mind-body-sense-complex

based individual thinking him/her as doer. One can see

it is merely a sense of " I " based on the thought in

mind and deep rooted feelings in body only. It is

non-existent entity which is mistaken as real existing

person having free will to act. When investigated,

this 'sense of I' gets dropped naturally and I realize

its true identity to be Awareness or Consciousness,

impersonal in nature as we all share it. Swamiji's

recent posts nail this truth. I = Consciousness, which

IS and therefore IS PURNA or Bliss!

IT is dwelling in our hearts as Love, Beauty, Peace,

Intelligence, and The Doer behind all doers!

So, inwardly live as if no separate individual, but

outwardly be seen as apparant doer!

Namaskar! Pratap

--- Sher Agrawal <AGRASEN wrote:

> Dear Vaidyanathanji,

>

> Jai Ramjiki, Jai Shri Radhakirshnji ki and Jai Veer

> Hanuman,

>

> What happens when we have an ego? Then who acts?

> From the past human experience and as stated in Gita

> also it is amply clear

> that it is God himself who is sitting in side us and

> he is the one who does

> everything and makes us do it, whether good or bad.

> He brought us into

> this world, with no selfish motive, but due to his

> infinite love for us and

> gave us consciousness and everything else. From the

> past history of mankind

> and that of each one of us, he is the one who does:

> raaee se parvat karay

> parvat raaee maahi, i.e. he can make a mustard seed

> into a mountain and a

> mountain into a raaee. So, it is apparent that he

> is the one who is doing

> everything, enjoying through us and also suffering

> and that's why Hindu

> mythology is full of predictions for thousand and

> thousand of years; for

> example Ahilya, who became a stone due to a curse of

> her husband, was only

> released when Bhagwan Ram touched her with his feet

> after thousands of

> years, which was already predicted. So, everything

> is already WRITTEN.

>

> JAI SITARAMJIKI.

>

> SHER AGRAWAL

>

> On 9/21/07, G. Vaidyanathan <nathangv

> wrote:

> >

> > According to me God is both doer and

> facilitator. He is omnipresent,

> > omnipotent and omniscient.All creations in this

> world are His doings. He

> > facilitates the human beings in completing their

> tasks, provided they

> > surrender totally unto Him Even an iota of ego,

> will keep God faraway from

> > us. We have to understand the philosophy of

> " Sharanagati " to really know

> > HIM.

> > With Pranams, Vaidyanathan

> >

> >

> > ------------------------------

> >

> > bhatialalit

> > Tue, 18 Sep 2007 05:25:15 +0000

> > Is God a doer or a

> facilitator?

> >

> > Is God a doer or a facilitator? The answer to

> this question will clarify

> > the doubts regarding bhagya (fate) and karma

> (actions).

> >

> > Gita Talk Guidelines

> >

> > FROM THE MODERATOR

> >

> > The following are the guidelines for Gita-Talk

> discussions.

> >

> > 1. Purpose of the group is to help Sadhaks clarify

> their doubts related to

> > Gita shlokas. For responses to be posted, they

> must further clarify the

> > understanding of Gitaji.

> > 2. Wherever possible, please quote Gitaji or other

> scriptures to

> > substantiate the response

> > 3. Please limit personal feelings, opinions,

> beliefs etc.

> > 4. Kindly make your responses concise and to the

> point. (Up to twenty line

> > maximum, if possible).

> > 5. Please limit discussions to subject at hand.

> > 6. Please do not include links to other sites or

> other organizations

> > 7. Please do not include your personal information

> such as phone number,

> > address etc.

> > 8. Kindly do not address the response to a

> particular individual, since

> > the message is going to the entire group.

> > 9. Due to a large readership, not all responses

> will be posted.

> > 10. Moderator at his discretion, may modify the

> posting, if content is

> > unclear or not appropriate for distribution to the

> group.

> > 11. Please respond taking into consideration

> novices, youth, westerners,

> > non-secterian audience. Please limit the use on

> only sanskrit words, and

> > provide the english word with sanskrit bracketed

> wherever possible.

> >

> > MODERATOR

> > Ram Ram

God is the Doer and the Facilitator. Geeta says "Ahamkara Vimoodhatma Kartaham iti Manyate" The human soul deluded out of ego thinks that it is the doer! Love, Sanjay and Parina Mehrotra Geeta Mandir Sher Agrawal <AGRASEN wrote: Jai Ramjiki, Jai Shri Radhakirshnji ki and Jai Veer Hanuman, The question is, what happens when we have an ego? Then who acts? From the past human experience and as stated in Gita also it

is amply clear that it is God himself who resides in our hearts. JAI SITARAMJIKI.SHER AGRAWAL On 9/21/07, G. Vaidyanathan <nathangv (AT) hotmail (DOT) com> wrote: According to me God is both doer and facilitator. He is omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient.All creations in this world are His doings. He facilitates the human beings in completing their tasks, provided they surrender totally unto Him Even an iota of ego, will keep God faraway from us. We have to understand the philosophy of "Sharanagati" to really know HIM. With Pranams, Vaidyanathan From: bhatialalit@ Tue, 18 Sep 2007 05:25:15 +0000 Is God a doer or a facilitator? Is God a doer or a facilitator? The answer to this question will clarify the doubts regarding bhagya (fate) and karma (actions). Gita Talk GuidelinesFROM THE MODERATORThe following are the guidelines for Gita-Talk discussions. 1. Purpose of the group is to help Sadhaks clarify their doubts related to Gita shlokas. For responses to be posted, they must further clarify the understanding of Gitaji.2. Wherever possible, please quote Gitaji or other scriptures to substantiate the response 3. Please limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc.4. Kindly make your responses concise and to the point. (Up to twenty line maximum, if possible).5. Please limit discussions to subject at hand.6. Please do not

include links to other sites or other organizations 7. Please do not include your personal information such as phone number, address etc.8. Kindly do not address the response to a particular individual, since the message is going to the entire group.9. Due to a large readership, not all responses will be posted. 10. Moderator at his discretion, may modify the posting, if content is unclear or not appropriate for distribution to the group.11. Please respond taking into consideration novices, youth, westerners, non-secterian audience. Please limit the use on only sanskrit words, and provide the english word with sanskrit bracketed wherever possible. MODERATORRam Ram

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Games.

It is him, him and him alone.

It is his wish, his drama, his role playing,

his finding himself, his getting back to himself (egoless)

Question is who are you?

Try and find the answer by Manan ---Constant Manan..

On 9/24/07, Sher Agrawal <AGRASEN wrote:

Jai Ramjiki, Jai Shri Radhakirshnji ki and Jai Veer Hanuman, The question is, what happens when we have an ego? Then who acts? From the past human experience and as stated in Gita also it is amply clear that it is God himself who resides in our hearts. JAI SITARAMJIKI.SHER AGRAWAL

On 9/21/07, G. Vaidyanathan <nathangv

> wrote:

According to me God is both doer and facilitator. He is omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient.All creations in this world are His doings. He facilitates the human beings in completing their tasks, provided they surrender totally unto Him Even an iota of ego, will keep God faraway from us. We have to understand the philosophy of " Sharanagati " to really know HIM. With Pranams, Vaidyanathan

Is God a doer or a facilitator? The answer to this question will clarify the doubts regarding bhagya (fate) and karma (actions). Gita Talk GuidelinesFROM THE MODERATORThe following are the guidelines for Gita-Talk discussions. 1. Purpose of the group is to help Sadhaks clarify their doubts related to Gita shlokas. For responses to be posted, they must further clarify the understanding of Gitaji.2. Wherever possible, please quote Gitaji or other scriptures to substantiate the response 3. Please limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc.4. Kindly make your responses concise and to the point. (Up to twenty line maximum, if possible).5. Please limit discussions to subject at hand.6. Please do not include links to other sites or other organizations 7. Please do not include your personal information such as phone number, address etc.8. Kindly do not address the response to a particular individual, since the message is going to the entire group.9. Due to a large readership, not all responses will be posted. 10. Moderator at his discretion, may modify the posting, if content is unclear or not appropriate for distribution to the group.11. Please respond taking into consideration novices, youth, westerners, non-secterian audience. Please limit the use on only sanskrit words, and provide the english word with sanskrit bracketed wherever possible. MODERATORRam Ram

I and you - the ego do not exist.....It is all maya.....

It is only the Universal " I " which IS...

As the understanding gets clear, it is process of dusting off

the attachment with the body and all things associated with the body,

and the real Universal " I " reveals itself....

On 10/12/07, Sushil Jain

---

him him him alone?

why HIM?

why not She?

Shankar Arumugam

---

<scheel.skj wrote:

It is him, him and him alone.

It is his wish, his drama, his role playing,

his finding himself, his getting back to himself (egoless)

Question is who are you?

Try and find the answer by Manan ---Constant Manan..

On 9/24/07, Sher Agrawal <AGRASEN wrote:

Jai Ramjiki, Jai Shri Radhakirshnji ki and Jai Veer Hanuman, The question is, what happens when we have an ego? Then who acts? From the past human experience and as stated in Gita also it is amply clear that it is God himself who resides in our hearts. JAI SITARAMJIKI.SHER AGRAWAL

On 9/21/07, G. Vaidyanathan <nathangv > wrote:

According to me God is both doer and facilitator. He is omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient.All creations in this world are His doings. He facilitates the human beings in completing their tasks, provided they surrender totally unto Him Even an iota of ego, will keep God faraway from us. We have to understand the philosophy of " Sharanagati " to really know HIM. With Pranams, Vaidyanathan

Is God a doer or a facilitator? The answer to this question will clarify the doubts regarding bhagya (fate) and karma (actions). Gita Talk GuidelinesFROM THE MODERATORThe following are the guidelines for Gita-Talk discussions. 1. Purpose of the group is to help Sadhaks clarify their doubts related to Gita shlokas. For responses to be posted, they must further clarify the understanding of Gitaji.2. Wherever possible, please quote Gitaji or other scriptures to substantiate the response 3. Please limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc.4. Kindly make your responses concise and to the point. (Up to twenty line maximum, if possible).5. Please limit discussions to subject at hand.6. Please do not include links to other sites or other organizations 7. Please do not include your personal information such as phone number, address etc.8. Kindly do not address the response to a particular individual, since the message is going to the entire group.9. Due to a large readership, not all responses will be posted. 10. Moderator at his discretion, may modify the posting, if content is unclear or not appropriate for distribution to the group.11. Please respond taking into consideration novices, youth, westerners, non-secterian audience. Please limit the use on only sanskrit words, and provide the english word with sanskrit bracketed wherever possible. MODERATORRam Ram

It is my understanding that even when we have an ego, it is He only, who acts through us, but because of the Maya of EGO[EDGE GOD OUT], we think that we are acting. Vaidyanathan

-----------

it is universal I or awareness that alone exists with no gender

distinction. Rest is all Maya.

Anil Aggarwal

-----------

From: pratapbhattDate: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 06:48:09 -0700Re: Is God a doer or a facilitator?

Dear Sadhakas, Namaste!I am emphasizing this point further.Ego is not a thing, but is ignorance of not knowingwho really acts when I seem to act. I or myself indaily affairs of living, imply mind-body-sense-complexbased individual thinking him/her as doer. One can seeit is merely a sense of "I" based on the thought inmind and deep rooted feelings in body only. It isnon-existent entity which is mistaken as real existingperson having free will to act. When investigated,this 'sense of I' gets dropped naturally and I realizeits true identity to be Awareness or Consciousness,impersonal in nature as we all share it. Swamiji'srecent posts nail this truth. I = Consciousness, whichIS and therefore IS PURNA or Bliss!IT is dwelling in our hearts as Love, Beauty, Peace,Intelligence, and The Doer behind all doers!So, inwardly live as if no separate individual, butoutwardly be seen as apparant doer!Namaskar! Pratap --- Sher Agrawal <AGRASEN (AT) GMAIL (DOT) COM> wrote:> Dear Vaidyanathanji,> > Jai Ramjiki, Jai Shri Radhakirshnji ki and Jai Veer> Hanuman,> > What happens when we have an ego? Then who acts?> From the past human experience and as stated in Gita> also it is amply clear> that it is God himself who is sitting in side us and> he is the one who does> everything and makes us do it, whether good or bad. > He brought us into> this world, with no selfish motive, but due to his> infinite love for us and> gave us consciousness and everything else. From the> past history of mankind> and that of each one of us, he is the one who does:> raaee se parvat karay> parvat raaee maahi, i.e. he can make a mustard seed> into a mountain and a> mountain into a raaee. So, it is apparent that he> is the one who is doing> everything, enjoying through us and also suffering> and that's why Hindu> mythology is full of predictions for thousand and> thousand of years; for> example Ahilya, who became a stone due to a curse of> her husband, was only> released when Bhagwan Ram touched her with his feet> after thousands of> years, which was already predicted. So, everything> is already WRITTEN.> > JAI SITARAMJIKI.> > SHER AGRAWAL> > On 9/21/07, G. Vaidyanathan <nathangv (AT) hotmail (DOT) com>> wrote:> >> > According to me God is both doer and> facilitator. He is omnipresent,> > omnipotent and omniscient.All creations in this> world are His doings. He> > facilitates the human beings in completing their> tasks, provided they> > surrender totally unto Him Even an iota of ego,> will keep God faraway from> > us. We have to understand the philosophy of > "Sharanagati" to really know> > HIM.> > With Pranams, Vaidyanathan> >> >> > ------------------------------> > > > bhatialalit > > Tue, 18 Sep 2007 05:25:15 +0000> > Is God a doer or a> facilitator?> >> > Is God a doer or a facilitator? The answer to> this question will clarify> > the doubts regarding bhagya (fate) and karma> (actions).> >> > Gita Talk Guidelines> >> > FROM THE MODERATOR> >> > The following are the guidelines for Gita-Talk> discussions.> >> > 1. Purpose of the group is to help Sadhaks clarify> their doubts related to> > Gita shlokas. For responses to be posted, they> must further clarify the> > understanding of Gitaji.> > 2. Wherever possible, please quote Gitaji or other> scriptures to> > substantiate the response> > 3. Please limit personal feelings, opinions,> beliefs etc.> > 4. Kindly make your responses concise and to the> point. (Up to twenty line> > maximum, if possible).> > 5. Please limit discussions to subject at hand.> > 6. Please do not include links to other sites or> other organizations> > 7. Please do not include your personal information> such as phone number,> > address etc.> > 8. Kindly do not address the response to a> particular individual, since> > the message is going to the entire group.> > 9. Due to a large readership, not all responses> will be posted.> > 10. Moderator at his discretion, may modify the> posting, if content is> > unclear or not appropriate for distribution to the> group.> > 11. Please respond taking into consideration> novices, youth, westerners,> > non-secterian audience. Please limit the use on> only sanskrit words, and> > provide the english word with sanskrit bracketed> wherever possible.> >> > MODERATOR> > Ram Ram