intense longing and desire for Him " .

It also reinforces what I feel deep within and keep repeating in

posts even if it may sound like broken record. I can never get tired

of hearing or reading word " consciousness " , and I do use

Consciousness a lot for It is the only Experiential Reality there

is! God, Ishwara, Brhman, Heavenly Father, Divine Mother, Saints,

Sages, all such names point to same Reality to me. I cannot

emphasize more the power in Swamiji's words in today's post for all

of us on the path! May we read over and over!

Namaskar.... Pratap Bhatt

--- Sadhak <sadhak_insight wrote:

> :Shree Hari:

>

> 4th February, 2008, Monday

> Maagh Krishna Dvadashi, Vikram Samvat 2064, Somvar

>

> All countries, places, time, actions, individuals, things,

states, situations, incidents, and circumstances etc., are changing,

perishing and moving towards non-existence, while what remains is

that Supreme Essence, That Consciousness (God).

That Supreme Consciousness has never been non-existent, is not non-

existent, and will never ever be non-existent. In that very Essence,

we (Self) are naturally established. Therefore that essential state

is never separate from us and we are never apart from it. That

Supreme Essence is not far from us, nor are we far from it. That

Supreme Essence (God) is neither without us, nor are we without

Him. He cannot desert us, nor can we desert Him. That very

essence, is the illuminator, the base, the supporter, the preserver,

the creator, the knower, the lover, the inner soul, the witness, the

Universal Trustworthy One, known by many different names. No one

is incapable, dependent and undeserving in realizing That Supreme

Essence, for He is ever attained. That Supreme Essence can be

realized only by having an intense longing and desire for

Him.

Insisting on a particular doctrine or philosophy such as dualism,

non-dualism or special non-dualism etc, is the main stumbling block

in realizing That Supreme Essence, because that Supreme Essence,

Consciousness (God) is the same for all. All the differences in the

philosophical doctrines, only exist as long as ego remains in the

spiritual aspirant. Ego gives rise to individualism and with

individualism, arises differences, dualism.

Therefore as long as ego persists, differences cannot vanish. But

when ego vanishes, all differences perish and only that Supreme

Essence Consciousness, God) remains.

From " Sahaj Sadhana " in English pg 24, in Hindi page 23 by Swami

Ramsukhdasji

Ram Ram

Ego = ahankaar = 'It is my' = ownership

In the nature, things exist and change and take new existence and this cosmic dance continues. Control or ownership of that which is free such as water, etc is 'ahankaar' (ego); . Water is lost to bottled water industry. Water is not free, it is bonded by evil of 'ahankaar'. Land is not free, coal is not free, forest is not free. All of nature which is born free is in cruel hands of 'ahankaar'. Water is sold, land is sold, and on and on See the impact of this thought of ahankaar' on our minds, you do not need a PhD to know how dangerous 'ahankaar' is, and will be.

Bhagawat Gita is war on ahankaar (ego) or evilness of 'ahankaar'. Bhakt of Krishna first try to not control others, and promote low cost of living, if not free. This will increase free flow of svabhav. This is Arth and a prereqisite to Dharma. With Ahankaar, none can qualify for Dharma.

Bhagwat Gita involves' Arth' cleaning process even before 'Dharma' is taught, and then 'Yog'. Vyavastha (tatkaalik management) and Dharma (eternal 'sanatan' nature) fought in Mahabharata. How many references do any one needs from Bhagwat Gita that started with fight with vyavastha of ahankaar.

regards

K G

On Feb 5, 2008 9:34 PM, Arvind Tapkire <arvind_tapkire wrote:

|| Sree ||

Namaskar Seekers,

The text from " Sahaj Sadhana " page 24 is indeed very enlightening to any one who is treading the path of spiritual practice (sadhana). Ego is the main stumbling block in the path of spsiritual practice. Unless we remove Ego, we cannot attain that Supreme Consciousness. However, since we are discussing only Gita in this Group, reference to Holy Texts of other sects is uncalled for and irrelevant. If we allow the participants to cite references from their own individual sects, we would be opening a pandora's box and then there will be no end to that. As spirituality is a vast subject, we will not be in a position to prevent various seekers from airing their points view from their Holy Texts. I suggest we should restrain the group members from deviating from Gita, the main fountainhead of spirituality.

Gurucharani

a.d. tapkire

sadhak_insight <sadhak_insight wrote:

Dear Sadhakas, Namaste!What a Joy it is even to read the words of Swamiji in the following discourse! This is worth contemplating upon many times! What an assurance these words point to! " No one is incapable, dependent and

undeserving in realizing That Supreme Essence, for He is everattained. That Supreme Essence can be realized only by having an intense longing and desire for Him " . It also reinforces what I feel deep within and keep repeating in

posts even if it may sound like broken record. I can never get tired of hearing or reading word " consciousness " , and I do use Consciousness a lot for It is the only Experiential Reality there is! God, Ishwara, Brhman, Heavenly Father, Divine Mother, Saints,

Sages, all such names point to same Reality to me. I cannot emphasize more the power in Swamiji's words in today's post for all of us on the path! May we read over and over!Namaskar.... Pratap Bhatt

--- Sadhak <sadhak_insight wrote:> :Shree Hari:> > 4th February, 2008, Monday> Maagh Krishna Dvadashi, Vikram Samvat 2064, Somvar

> > All countries, places, time, actions, individuals, things, states, situations, incidents, and circumstances etc., are changing, perishing and moving towards non-existence, while what remains isthat Supreme Essence, That Consciousness (God).

That Supreme Consciousness has never been non-existent, is not non-existent, and will never ever be non-existent. In that very Essence, we (Self) are naturally established. Therefore that essential state is never separate from us and we are never apart from it. That

Supreme Essence is not far from us, nor are we far from it. That Supreme Essence (God) is neither without us, nor are we without Him. He cannot desert us, nor can we desert Him. That very essence, is the illuminator, the base, the supporter, the preserver,

the creator, the knower, the lover, the inner soul, the witness, theUniversal Trustworthy One, known by many different names. No one is incapable, dependent and undeserving in realizing That Supreme Essence, for He is ever attained. That Supreme Essence can be

realized only by having an intense longing and desire for Him. Insisting on a particular doctrine or philosophy such as dualism, non-dualism or special non-dualism etc, is the main stumbling block in realizing That Supreme Essence, because that Supreme Essence,

Consciousness (God) is the same for all. All the differences in the philosophical doctrines, only exist as long as ego remains in the spiritual aspirant. Ego gives rise to individualism and withindividualism, arises differences, dualism.

Therefore as long as ego persists, differences cannot vanish. But when ego vanishes, all differences perish and only that Supreme Essence Consciousness, God) remains. From " Sahaj Sadhana " in English pg 24, in Hindi page 23 by Swami

Ramsukhdasji Ram Ram