IndiaDivine.org

Help me say Good bye

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I am a true novice and tonight a very dear and wonderful friend/Da will die. He

and his family call me the " other daughter " even though we have only known each

other for 8 years. We both know that this was not the first life we shared nor

will it be the last for me.

I grew up in a Christian background but have always been a spiritual seeker.

How do I appropriately say good bye without offending anyone?

Thank you in advance--

Sharee Smith

------------------------------

-----------

GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES: PLEASE -

FOR QUESTIONER

1. The questions as far as possible must be relavant to Gita,

relavant to Dharma, relavant to other scriptures and relavant to

motivate Sadhaks to take up spiritual path

2. The Questioner must commit to daily Gita study

3. Only one question at a time.

4. Question must be brief, to the point and relavant to the group's

primary aim of deeper understanding of Gita.

FOR RESPONDER

1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.

2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible.

3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to the

extent that they further help in understanding the Gita shlokas

4. Be as concise, to the point, relevant and respectful of sadhaka's

time.

5. Focus on subject at hand only.

6. Do not include links to the other sites.

7. Do not include your personal information (Ph #, address etc).

8. Do not personalize message

9. All responses may not be posted.

10. Moderator at his discretion, may modify the posting.

11. Take into consideration the novices, youth, westerners, non-

sectarian audience. i.e. limit the use to Sanskrit words only.

Provide English word bracketed.

Ram Ram

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------

Post message: @grou ps.com

Subscribe: -

Un: -unsubscri be

Guest guest

I am a true novice and tonight a very dear and wonderful friend/Da will die. He

and his family call me the " other daughter " even though we have only known each

other for 8 years. We both know that this was not the first life we shared nor

will it be the last for me.

I grew up in a Christian background but have always been a spiritual seeker.

How do I appropriately say good bye without offending anyone?

Thank you in advance--

Sharee Smith

NEW POSTING

Hari Om

Remain at her bed side, and keep doing keertan- (Continuous chanting of Lord's

name. ) Remember : You shall be doing THE HIGHEST EVER ACT OF GIVING (DONATION)

IF YOU ARE ABLE TO ENSURE THAT SHE HEARD THE NAME OF DIVINE WHILE BREATHING HER

LAST.

You shall be aiding in a parted soul getting back to its origin after sufferring

for millions and trillions of aeons and ages. Rush. Don't waste time.

Just keep chanting the name of Paramatma into her ears. Keep doing , doing and

doing. Don't hesitate. Rush.

Jai Shree Krishna

Vyas N B

-----------------------------

-Shree Hari-

Dear Sharee,

Since 'Da', who will be leaving his body soon, and who knows you to be a past

companion, you have a special bond that goes beyond the veil of death. There is

a knowing within us of these things. I believe if he is able to comprehend you,

then talk of God in a gentle way, no preaching. If not then just be with him and

offer your silent support for him on these last moments of his current life.

If the family do not understand your bond, then say the truth in a way that will

not offend. " We will meet again I am sure " , or some such. Christians will not

take offense at that.

Time for other things later, but now is time to support.

Remember support can be at a silent level, from the Heart.

And remember, if ones mind is fixed on 'The Beloved' at death' then 'The

Beloved' he/she will find.

And remember the promise, " Lo I am with you always... "

With Respect and Divine Love.

Mike (Keenor).

---------------------------

Hari OM!

Dear there is no real Good bye..because only the body changes the relation ship

still there as longs as we

take birth in this world..

So I understand that she is your dearest friend. Just pray for her good and be

in peace always.

I know it is easy to console.. I lost my beloved Mother on 2007 August, Still I

am slowly recovering

still not sane.

May GOD Bless

Regards

Krishna Prasad

GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES: PLEASE -

FOR QUESTIONER

1. The questions as far as possible must be relavant to Gita,

relavant to Dharma, relavant to other scriptures and relavant to

motivate Sadhaks to take up spiritual path

2. The Questioner must commit to daily Gita study

3. Only one question at a time.

4. Question must be brief, to the point and relavant to the group's

primary aim of deeper understanding of Gita.

FOR RESPONDER

1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.

2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible.

3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to the

extent that they further help in understanding the Gita shlokas

4. Be as concise, to the point, relevant and respectful of sadhaka's

time.

5. Focus on subject at hand only.

6. Do not include links to the other sites.

7. Do not include your personal information (Ph #, address etc).

8. Do not personalize message

9. All responses may not be posted.

10. Moderator at his discretion, may modify the posting.

11. Take into consideration the novices, youth, westerners, non-

sectarian audience. i.e. limit the use to Sanskrit words only.

Provide English word bracketed.

Ram Ram

Post message: @grou ps.com

Subscribe: -

Un: -unsubscri be

Guest guest

I am a true novice and tonight a very dear and wonderful friend/Da will die. Heand his family call me the "other daughter" even though we have only known eachother for 8 years. We both know that this was not the first life we shared norwill it be the last for me.I grew up in a Christian background but have always been a spiritual seeker. How do I appropriately say good bye without offending anyone?Thank you in advance--Sharee Smith------------------------------NEW POSTING

Dear sadaks,As a Christian say, "May your soul rest in Peace". Understand as a Christian that the body transforms into Celestial/Austral form and say, "Will be Missing you very much, but shall meet in heaven". (Not on earth again) As a true Christian think of Judgment day and relax. As a human, you said you are a spiritual seeker, then remove the thought over period of time, so that you need not be a dear friend and undergo the same agony. Remove the thought that this is not the last birth of separation, may be you will meet in next birth. Next birth if so happens, you are going to gain more attachment with Da. This again strengthens in another birth.That is why Bagavan said in Geetha, that entertaining desire (your Friendship) is like pouring ghee in fire. Enjoy friendship but when it comes to an end say this much is enough, thank you GOD. Sharee Smith you must be knowing this , ""Empty Thyself I (GOD) shall fill it"". Empty what? Empty the mind that which all sadaks are saying in this forum, ""GO beyond mind"".Jai Sri KrishnaB.Sathyanarayan

Dear Sadhika Sharee Smith, NamaskarI say you are really a true spiritual seeker. You are courageously facing thelast few hours with an individual who is so dear to you. A true spiritual personnever feels sad about one`s or somebody else`s death, because, he knows fullywell that death is inevitable for everybody. See that `Da`s last stages of lifeare physically comfortable, be cheerful, then only you will be able to pass onpositive energy to the indweller of Da....Gee Waman.-------

In Hindu Religion, children's names are mostly Lord's or Devi's names, sothat even at death bed, if someone calls his or her children, he/she would haverecited God' name and attain Moksha. So the best thing for you to do is chantgod's name [whichever god you believe] as it is not clear how serious DA is now and whether the person on his own can utter God's name.

G.Vaidyanathan.

PRIOR POSTINGHari OmRemain at her bed side, and keep doing keertan- (Continuous chanting of Lord'sname. ) Remember : You shall be doing THE HIGHEST EVER ACT OF GIVING (DONATION)IF YOU ARE ABLE TO ENSURE THAT SHE HEARD THE NAME OF DIVINE WHILE BREATHING HERLAST.You shall be aiding in a parted soul getting back to its origin after sufferringfor millions and trillions of aeons and ages. Rush. Don't waste time.Just keep chanting the name of Paramatma into her ears. Keep doing , doing anddoing. Don't hesitate. Rush.Jai Shree KrishnaVyas N B------------------------------Shree Hari-Dear Sharee,Since 'Da', who will be leaving his body soon, and who knows you to be a pastcompanion, you have a special bond that goes beyond the veil of death. There isa knowing within us of these things. I believe if he is able to comprehend you,then talk of God in a gentle way, no preaching. If not then just be with him andoffer your silent support for him on these last moments of his current life.If the family do not understand your bond, then say the truth in a way that willnot offend. "We will meet again I am sure", or some such. Christians will nottake offense at that.Time for other things later, but now is time to support.Remember support can be at a silent level, from the Heart.And remember, if ones mind is fixed on 'The Beloved' at death' then 'TheBeloved' he/she will find.And remember the promise,"Lo I am with you always..."With Respect and Divine Love.Mike (Keenor).---------------------------Hari OM!Dear there is no real Good bye..because only the body changes the relation shipstill there as longs as wetake birth in this world..So I understand that she is your dearest friend. Just pray for her good and bein peace always.I know it is easy to console.. I lost my beloved Mother on 2007 August, Still Iam slowly recoveringstill not sane.May GOD BlessRegardsKrishna Prasad------------------------------GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES: PLEASE -FOR QUESTIONER1. The questions as far as possible must be relavant to Gita,relavant to Dharma, relavant to other scriptures and relavant tomotivate Sadhaks to take up spiritual path2. The Questioner must commit to daily Gita study3. Only one question at a time.4. Question must be brief, to the point and relavant to the group'sprimary aim of deeper understanding of Gita.FOR RESPONDER1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible.3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to theextent that they further help in understanding the Gita shlokas4. Be as concise, to the point, relevant and respectful of sadhaka'stime.5. Focus on subject at hand only.6. Do not include links to the other sites.7. Do not include your personal information (Ph #, address etc).8. Do not personalize message9. All responses may not be posted.10. Moderator at his discretion, may modify the posting.11. Take into consideration the novices, youth, westerners, non-sectarian audience. i.e. limit the use to Sanskrit words only.Provide English word bracketed.MODERATORRam Ram------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------Post message: @grou ps.comSubscribe: - Un: -unsubscri be ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------

Guest guest

I am a true novice and tonight a very dear and wonderful friend/Da will die. Heand his family call me the "other daughter" even though we have only known eachother for 8 years. We both know that this was not the first life we shared norwill it be the last for me.I grew up in a Christian background but have always been a spiritual seeker. How do I appropriately say good bye without offending anyone?Thank you in advance--Sharee Smith------------------------------NEW POSTING

Thank you. I found the inspiration and words very comforting. "Da" is still holding on. His mind is as sharp as ever even though his body his failing. I especially found great comfort in reciting Gita 8:7 as mantra during the hardest hours.As for the family, they truly accept me as "the other duaghter". As a child I read a book that said that we are reincarnated continuously with the same souls. We find each other when we are suppose to in life. "Da" found me when I need him most and at a very low point in life.Thank You,Sharee St.Louis Smith,

----------------------------

Hari OmSadhak Sathynarainji's message is indeed absolutely correct. Good Bye- means we had great time, Amen ! The desire for meeting again is dangerous. The world manifests only on account of desire. The last thought in a human being is the seed for the next. Meeting again means taking birth again means traveller again means same cycle- Punarapi Janmam , punarapi maranam, punarapi janani jathare shayanam! Ehi sansaaram bahu dustaaram, Paahi Murare ! Paahi Murare !! - (Again taking birth, again dying , again sleeping in the womb of Mom. This world is really very hard to cross. O God Please Save Me ! ) - human birth is given only for breaking this chain, this cycle. Whatever time we spend together is to be well spent. That is all ! Basically, the disconnection (viyog) is permanent, not connection (sanyog) as far as world is concerned.Jai Shree KrishnaVyas N B

-----------

Hari Bol

I know the feeling when you know that dear one

will pass away. I was only 13 when my dear Grand Pa

was going to pass away. We were already given the

date and time of his departure by Mataji - Now that is a long story

and would narrate only if necessary.

But there we we re praying reciting Chandi Patth and at the end of which he said Om three times

and departed.

My family's and my prayers are with you all . Remember

this is only a temporary separation.

May Lord Krishna guide his spirits and accept him back to God head.

Jai Shree Krishna

Shashi Dave

PRIOR POSTING

Dear sadaks,As a Christian say, "May your soul rest in Peace". Understand as a Christian that the body transforms into Celestial/Austral form and say, "Will be Missing you very much, but shall meet in heaven". (Not on earth again) As a true Christian think of Judgment day and relax. As a human, you said you are a spiritual seeker, then remove the thought over period of time, so that you need not be a dear friend and undergo the same agony. Remove the thought that this is not the last birth of separation, may be you will meet in next birth. Next birth if so happens, you are going to gain more attachment with Da. This again strengthens in another birth.That is why Bagavan said in Geetha, that entertaining desire (your Friendship) is like pouring ghee in fire. Enjoy friendship but when it comes to an end say this much is enough, thank you GOD. Sharee Smith you must be knowing this , ""Empty Thyself I (GOD) shall fill it"". Empty what? Empty the mind that which all sadaks are saying in this forum, ""GO beyond mind"".Jai Sri KrishnaB.Sathyanarayan

Dear Sadhika Sharee Smith, NamaskarI say you are really a true spiritual seeker. You are courageously facing thelast few hours with an individual who is so dear to you. A true spiritual personnever feels sad about one`s or somebody else`s death, because, he knows fullywell that death is inevitable for everybody. See that `Da`s last stages of lifeare physically comfortable, be cheerful, then only you will be able to pass onpositive energy to the indweller of Da....Gee Waman.-------

In Hindu Religion, children's names are mostly Lord's or Devi's names, sothat even at death bed, if someone calls his or her children, he/she would haverecited God' name and attain Moksha. So the best thing for you to do is chantgod's name [whichever god you believe] as it is not clear how serious DA is now and whether the person on his own can utter God's name.

G.Vaidyanathan.

PRIOR POSTINGHari OmRemain at her bed side, and keep doing keertan- (Continuous chanting of Lord'sname. ) Remember : You shall be doing THE HIGHEST EVER ACT OF GIVING (DONATION)IF YOU ARE ABLE TO ENSURE THAT SHE HEARD THE NAME OF DIVINE WHILE BREATHING HERLAST.You shall be aiding in a parted soul getting back to its origin after sufferringfor millions and trillions of aeons and ages. Rush. Don't waste time.Just keep chanting the name of Paramatma into her ears. Keep doing , doing anddoing. Don't hesitate. Rush.Jai Shree KrishnaVyas N B------------------------------Shree Hari-Dear Sharee,Since 'Da', who will be leaving his body soon, and who knows you to be a pastcompanion, you have a special bond that goes beyond the veil of death. There isa knowing within us of these things. I believe if he is able to comprehend you,then talk of God in a gentle way, no preaching. If not then just be with him andoffer your silent support for him on these last moments of his current life.If the family do not understand your bond, then say the truth in a way that willnot offend. "We will meet again I am sure", or some such. Christians will nottake offense at that.Time for other things later, but now is time to support.Remember support can be at a silent level, from the Heart.And remember, if ones mind is fixed on 'The Beloved' at death' then 'TheBeloved' he/she will find.And remember the promise,"Lo I am with you always..."With Respect and Divine Love.Mike (Keenor).---------------------------Hari OM!Dear there is no real Good bye..because only the body changes the relation shipstill there as longs as wetake birth in this world..So I understand that she is your dearest friend. Just pray for her good and bein peace always.I know it is easy to console.. I lost my beloved Mother on 2007 August, Still Iam slowly recoveringstill not sane.May GOD BlessRegardsKrishna Prasad------------------------------GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES: PLEASE -FOR QUESTIONER1. The questions as far as possible must be relavant to Gita,relavant to Dharma, relavant to other scriptures and relavant tomotivate Sadhaks to take up spiritual path2. The Questioner must commit to daily Gita study3. Only one question at a time.4. Question must be brief, to the point and relavant to the group'sprimary aim of deeper understanding of Gita.FOR RESPONDER1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible.3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to theextent that they further help in understanding the Gita shlokas4. Be as concise, to the point, relevant and respectful of sadhaka'stime.5. Focus on subject at hand only.6. Do not include links to the other sites.7. Do not include your personal information (Ph #, address etc).8. Do not personalize message9. All responses may not be posted.10. Moderator at his discretion, may modify the posting.11. Take into consideration the novices, youth, westerners, non-sectarian audience. i.e. limit the use to Sanskrit words only.Provide English word bracketed.MODERATORRam Ram------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------Post message: @grou ps.comSubscribe: - Un: -unsubscri be ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------

Guest guest

Hari OmYes ! Even Swamiji stated once that Gita 8th Chapter should be recited before the dying person. Once the family accepts you and Da himself, you can do this rare punya easily. Believe me it is very very rare. If you can do it- so that Da feels/remembers/hears/utters/sees any God's Divine form/name/photo. Any - name or form or Lila or Dham or Guna or impact of God !! If he lapses into coma , then keep doing Keertan / Japa so that the environment (vaayumandal) remains 'divine' and Godly. When one remembers God, he forgets "I am body and body is mine", and he leaves the body remembering God only ! There remains no possibility thereupon for coming back. Long, Long journey comes to end forever ! Can there be a better help, Sharee? Swamiji Ramsukhdasji Maharaj calls this AS THE HIGHEST SERVICE (DONATION) WHICH A HUMAN CAN GIVE TO ANOTHER ! What can be a bigger service ?Jai Shree KrishnaVyas N B

--

Basically, the disconnection (viyog) is permanent, not connection (sanyog) as far as world is concerned.

Ah ! thank you, vyas jee...................

narinder bhandari

Namaskara

As one sadhak did say that our desire to complete our rebirth cycle is as per my instinct is wrong.

I personally would like rebirth as a human only to help others to help them to complete their rebirth cycles soonest as living in this world is a millstone. If by this way I can assist many in reaching their goal, it will give maximum happiness this soul in my body. hence...

Ram S Pejawar

Dear ShareeI think the person who is about to die already feels your compassion.you can stand by your friend and visualise him or her reaching the light and you setting your friend free-i am sure htis will help your friend to detach and also not offend the family.if you are upto it ,you can chant -om namo narayanaya. Rama Sreenivasan

-

PRIOR POSTING

Thank you. I found the inspiration and words very comforting. "Da" is still holding on. His mind is as sharp as ever even though his body his failing. I especially found great comfort in reciting Gita 8:7 as mantra during the hardest hours.As for the family, they truly accept me as "the other duaghter". As a child I read a book that said that we are reincarnated continuously with the same souls. We find each other when we are suppose to in life. "Da" found me when I need him most and at a very low point in life.Thank You,Sharee St.Louis Smith,

----------------------------

Hari OmSadhak Sathynarainji's message is indeed absolutely correct. Good Bye- means we had great time, Amen ! The desire for meeting again is dangerous. The world manifests only on account of desire. The last thought in a human being is the seed for the next. Meeting again means taking birth again means traveller again means same cycle- Punarapi Janmam , punarapi maranam, punarapi janani jathare shayanam! Ehi sansaaram bahu dustaaram, Paahi Murare ! Paahi Murare !! - (Again taking birth, again dying , again sleeping in the womb of Mom. This world is really very hard to cross. O God Please Save Me ! ) - human birth is given only for breaking this chain, this cycle. Whatever time we spend together is to be well spent. That is all ! Basically, the disconnection (viyog) is permanent, not connection (sanyog) as far as world is concerned.Jai Shree KrishnaVyas N B

-----------

Hari Bol

I know the feeling when you know that dear one

will pass away. I was only 13 when my dear Grand Pa

was going to pass away. We were already given the

date and time of his departure by Mataji - Now that is a long story

and would narrate only if necessary.

But there we we re praying reciting Chandi Patth and at the end of which he said Om three times

and departed.

My family's and my prayers are with you all . Remember

this is only a temporary separation.

May Lord Krishna guide his spirits and accept him back to God head.

Jai Shree Krishna

Shashi Dave

PRIOR POSTING

G.Vaidyanathan.